RVR's 1st Annual 525PP European Car Shootout!!! Final Tester and Tuner Results! :D

• Thread starter Akira GT
  • 1,341 comments
Hello, I just started a garage here on GTP (clueless tunes :) ) and would like to enter this competition, but don't really know how to get my car to the drivers or if I am eligible. I am away from my computer and ps3 for awhile ( tuesday I hope doing everything by phone for now ), and could do what is necessary by then. Any help would be great! This looks like fun :D
krenkme to enter the shootout all you have to do is say your entering as a tuner. Then sometime before the 8th post a tune for your entry either in your garage with a link posted here, or else post the tune here. All cars/tunes entered in the shootout are to be placed on share so the test drivers can use them to do their laps in. If for some reason you are unable to place your car/tune on share and add the drivers to your friends list on PSN, then you can make arrangements with someone else involved in the shootout to "host" your car/tune and place it on share for you.
Anyone what pp an SLR McLaren has ? I dont want to drop 500k credits on it if its 600+ pp.

If tuners are getting 1min28s then im nowhere , I can get a Lotus Evora consistently in the 1 min 30s thats my best performer currently.

Ive also tuned an Alfa 8C Competizione its so good to drive it eats apexs for breakfast. Unfortunately it didnt show in the lap times but im in love with this car.

Ill probably release my tune last minute as ill still be trying to improve.
Remember the times you get with a car/tune aren't important, its the average of the times the test drivers get. I know I'm not as good a driver as many of the other tuners however I can make a competitive car/tune that other drivers will get much faster times with. So don't worry about your personal times not being competitive but instead look for the car that you believe you can best tune for a majority of the drivers to post fast laps with.

Twice whilst tuning at Laguna Seca, when i've tried to pause it to go back to the menu the menu doesnt appear and I have to quit the game losing all my progress... ARGH!!

This happened to me too! I haven't had it happen on any other track. Very frustrating.

OMG I feel like a complete idiot now.. Just got a black screen with GT5 logo in bottom right corner. Just spend a good hour, tuning this Elise and have made an amazing setup on it. I was adding a bit more camber which would have shaved off at least .500 from my best lap. I now I've lost it. Should've listened to Dylan.. ARGHHH!!!! LOL

I can still hear the Elise going round track *crys*

Anyone what pp an SLR McLaren has ? I dont want to drop 500k credits on it if its 600+ pp.
It tells you on the screen (bottom left I think) before you purchase them. Probably around 580PP and to heavy to do well here I'd think, I know the DB9 I tried wasn't very fast.

Ive avoided the Elise as I expect a few to be entered and mine would be rubbish anyway. :D

My problem would have been coming up with an original Elise tune. It would be hard not to be influenced by all the great tunes already posted on this site.

The Elise is a dominant car in a lot of situations. Here we should give credit to Dylan for choosing Laguna Seca as the track to keep this from being an Elise fest. Laguna Seca is not twisty enough for the Elise to excel and you have to get it up the hill to the Corkscrew. The course has a lot of 'turn, accelerate in a straight line, turn, accelerate in a straight line' going on. Cars are not punished for having a little extra weight and power here.

Here's a question for the other tuners (you may or may not want to answer yet): Given a car that can have a wing, say an Evora, do you use the wing for a little extra grip in the corners or do you leave the wing off and keep the HP?

I tested 3 cars primarily and they all do not allow a wing so I did not go through this experimentation.

krenkme to enter the shootout all you have to do is say your entering as a tuner. Then sometime before the 8th post a tune for your entry either in your garage with a link posted here, or else post the tune here. All cars/tunes entered in the shootout are to be placed on share so the test drivers can use them to do their laps in. If for some reason you are unable to place your car/tune on share and add the drivers to your friends list on PSN, then you can make arrangements with someone else involved in the shootout to "host" your car/tune and place it on share for you.

Thank you very much!! I think I have the understanding just one thing, how do I add the drivers to my list to share my car? (I'm an IDIOT:dunce:)

If tuners are getting 1min28s then im nowhere , I can get a Lotus Evora consistently in the 1 min 30s thats my best performer currently.

Ive also tuned an Alfa 8C Competizione its so good to drive it eats apexs for breakfast. Unfortunately it didnt show in the lap times but im in love with this car.

I'm in front of one at UCD now, it's 567 pp.

krenkme, Im a test driver, add your car to share with friends then send me FR on PSN(Indy_Racerfan) and the other test drivers in OP. will accept when I get back in front of PS3

Hello Power Limiter :lol:

I´m sure you don´t want to add 200 kilos ballast.

Power Limiter use should be restricted to about 2 to 2.5% or even less IMO

raVer
After weight reductions it's probably around a 600PP car used, can't imagine the power deduction you'd need.

After weight reductions it's probably around a 600PP car used, can't imagine the power deduction you'd need.

How is that?

You Weight reduce it completely and add sum power to get 750 PP , then you move the power limiter all to the left.

Edit:

FORGET 750 PP , max is 612 PP to get 525 PP with the power limiter

raVer

Last edited:
bigberry

I def wouldn't use the SLR it's really heavy and mine is maxed out and is near the top of the list for pp. It's also really heavy and tricky to drive. The times are more for you to improve on because I'm running 1:30 in my car and maybe a tad faster but as CLS proved last time if they were driving it the car would be 1:28.

I like to think im not that slow as to be 2 seconds a lap slower :D

Especially as I know ive been wringing the cars neck. I use a DS3 and automatic so id factor in around a second give or take.

I surely cant be 2 seconds slower in the same car haha

The SLR is out , just a thought.

Especially as I know ive been wringing the cars neck. I use a DS3 and automatic so id factor in around a second give or take.

Trust me you would be surprised at just how fast some of these tuners and drivers are. If you look at some of the times posted in either the FF Shootout thread or the Ring Masters Challenge thread you may start to appreciate how phenomenal some of them are especially when they are using a wheel and manual transmission. Factoring in 2-3 seconds is fairly realistic and for the best of them 3-4 seconds faster probably isn't a stretch.

krenkme, Im a test driver, add your car to share with friends then send me FR on PSN(Indy_Racerfan) and the other test drivers in OP. will accept when I get back in front of PS3

Okay. I'll be back to my computer and ps3 tomarrow (600 miles and not much sleep in 90+ degree temp...might need a nap:grumpy:). Do you do the freind request from the ps3 or the internet? Sorry for all the dumb questions:dunce:

bigberry

Haha dude I was saying same thing in the last FF shoot out and went all the way to the extent to race the fastest persons ghost replay and they killed me. I had one of the fastest times with my car too which is why I figured so mind blowing that they could destroy me. 2 seconds faster or more is easily possible with a wheel and probably even faster since this course is much tougher than the last one

Adding all the tuners isn't very practical for me right now because my friends list is full... but I have tried the first 2 tunes and got the numbers to match up exactly. If I can't get a tune to match up I'll send a FR but otherwise I hope it's ok to copy the tunes myself.

Okay. I'll be back to my computer and ps3 tomarrow (600 miles and not much sleep in 90+ degree temp...might need a nap:grumpy:). Do you do the freind request from the ps3 or the internet? Sorry for all the dumb questions:dunce:

You send the friend request from the PS3 main screen when connected to the internet. Don't worry about asking questions its how we (hopefully) learn.

Longhaul driver or just traveling?

Did a lap with the SLR.

Stock tune with max power limiter , 1:31 ;)

raVer

Cone Killer Racing (CKR)

2009 Lotus Evora
410 HP/356 FT-LBS.
1212 KG 525PP

Parts List:

1. weight reduction stage 3
  2. window weight reduction
  3. carbon hood
  4. chassis reinforcement
  5. ECU upgrade
  6. engine tune stage 3
  7. sport exhaust manifold
  8. race exhaust
  9. FC transmission
  10. clutch twin plate
  11. flywheel semi-race
  12. adjustable LSD
  13. FC suspension
  14. body kit only (stock rear wing)
  15. any rim
  16. sport soft tires
Settings:

ballast: 110 KG position -50

limiter: 93.3%

gearing: (adjust final gear first, then gears 1-6. Do not use TS slider)

final gear: 4.656
1: 4.152
2: 2.190
3: 1.658
4: 1.319
5: 1.062
6: 0.886

LSD: int. 19 accel. 16 decel. 5

ride height: f -15 r -25

springs: f 17.0 r 12.0

dampers:

EXT. f 8 r 4
COMP. f 3 r 1

anti-roll bars:
f 7 r 1

camber: f 2.2 r 1.8

toe:
f -0.10 r -0.25

brakes:
f 6 r 3

TUNER NOTES:

Gearing is set up for manual shifting. DO NOT go lower than 3rd, and use 4th for going through the corkscrew. You will be using 4th and 5th for the majority of the track. With the exception of the first and last corner where you will use 3rd.

my best lap: 1:27.9XX

ASSIST USED:

None. only running ABS at 1.

This is my final DS3 tune. Hope the drivers enjoy this monster lol. Good luck to everyone. 👍 If any of the test drivers have issues building this car, PLEASE send me a FR as this car will be shared for anyone to test it.

Last edited:
are we to build these or use Tuners cars?
It's preferable for test drivers to use tuners cars whenever possible to insure that setup of the cars remains the same. However drivers can build their own cars if desired, just make sure if using a car you've built for yourself that you match the tuners specs exactly.

Yes the easy way is borrowing shared cars, but I guess if one has that many friends they can't delete for a few days, building will have to do. (so long as they can match specs) Which might mean driving 200 miles for break-in.

CSLACR
http://wrs.gtplanet.net/GT5/results/16/
I can't say I ran that week very hard, and I'm sure I can run faster, but this might give some insight on how much time can be won or lost at Mazda Raceway. (6 seconds)

I'm a bit surprised the spread didn't end up a little larger than that, though I'm sure most of that difference is in just the Corkscrew. :scared:

I'm a bit surprised the spread didn't end up a little larger than that, though I'm sure most of that difference is in just the Corkscrew. :scared:
From what I've seen slower cars and harder tires make the times closer. Compared to an easier track, with a much quicker lap time we had six seconds again here - http://wrs.gtplanet.net/GT5/results/19

I would expect a 5-7 second gap on this shootout, for what it's worth.

Back