RVR's 1st Annual 525PP European Car Shootout!!! Final Tester and Tuner Results! :D

• Thread starter Akira GT
  • 1,341 comments
Just tried a massively detuned Volkswagen W12 Nardo for fun. Very quick even with its manhood clipped off. Didn't beat my best time but was only a couple tenths off. The built in aero front and rear just cost to much HP even when set to their minimum values. With another 10-15 PP this would be a tough car to beat on this track.

Last edited:
CSLACR
http://wrs.gtplanet.net/GT5/results/16/
I can't say I ran that week very hard, and I'm sure I can run faster, but this might give some insight on how much time can be won or lost at Mazda Raceway. (6 seconds)

OMG haha they beat you by two seconds! I'll be running 1:25's with them driving than

Also I did it so you non of you had to and spent 2 million on the GT by citron road car just for the smallest chance it may be good. I figured it's pretty heavy so it would do bad but has front and rear spoilers and is like driving f1 car when comes to handling. Best I could possible do was a 1:31 with a decent amount of tuning. If only could use a little more power. Damn

OMG haha they beat you by two seconds! I'll be running 1:25's with them driving than

Also I did it so you non of you had to and spent 2 million on the GT by citron road car just for the smallest chance it may be good. I figured it's pretty heavy so it would do bad but has front and rear spoilers and is like driving f1 car when comes to handling. Best I could possible do was a 1:31 with a decent amount of tuning. If only could use a little more power. Damn
I meant tenths...fixed post above.:dunce:

Hard to say, but it wouldn't surprise me. That week had some weird issues, such as needing to downshift to first to turn while braking then needing to upshift back to second before accelerating, etc.

That thing is surprisingly capable, even with so-so tires. What (pathetic) power did it wind up on detuned? Mine already had engine stages...

Ealirendur
That thing is surprisingly capable, even with so-so tires. What (pathetic) power did it wind up on detuned? Mine already had engine stages...

I got faster time with maxing out all aero parts and it came to around 345hp I'm pretty sure. Put the aero parts around stock and got 370ish HP but it could run close to as fast

If you were referring to the Nardo I believe it was down to 383HP. Gave it a full build and was turning low 1:06s on race softs at the Supercar Eifel track.

If you were referring to the Nardo I believe it was down to 383HP. Gave it a full build and was turning low 1:06s on race softs at the Supercar Eifel track.

The Citroën. The Nardo is, um, stoopid fast XD - but doesn't sport race car aero (which is not to say the PP devoted to it is useful, but if you want it...)

The Citroën. The Nardo is, um, stoopid fast XD - but doesn't sport race car aero (which is not to say the PP devoted to it is useful, but if you want it...)
The Nardo is one of the few road cars with adjustable front and rear aero. That's built into the car and you can't remove or upgrade it. 15/35 aero on a street car means it can get a serious grip advantage as long as you don't have to give up to much HP for that extra downforce.

The Nardo is one of the few road cars with adjustable front and rear aero. That's built into the car and you can't remove or upgrade it. 15/35 aero on a street car means it can get a serious grip advantage as long as you don't have to give up to much HP for that extra downforce.

15/35 is pretty decent for a street car - but the GT has something like 40/65 :crazy:

Ealirendur
15/35 is pretty decent for a street car - but the GT has something like 40/65 :crazy:

Lol ya the Citroen handles better than any car I have tested so far it just lacks the power and weighs too much for the amount of pp allowed. Definitely gonna max it out after and see how amazing it can really be tho.

Also I have a question which I really need help with any tips appreciated. I have a MR car that when you accelerate out of the corner it creates too much under steer. How can I fix this as I have the LSD already very low?

Lol ya the Citroen handles better than any car I have tested so far it just lacks the power and weighs too much for the amount of pp allowed. Definitely gonna max it out after and see how amazing it can really be tho.

Also I have a question which I really need help with any tips appreciated. I have a MR car that when you accelerate out of the corner it creates too much under steer. How can I fix this as I have the LSD already very low?

INAT(uner), but I'll punt to see if I'm close - maybe higher-but-not-too-high Accel sensitivity? Stiffer rear to slow the weight transfer from the front?

Try stiffening the rear springs and slightly softening the front.

Increasing LSD accel should create over steer with wheelspin, but if you mean without wheel spin, (which is optimal) I'd check into toe at the rear, and send it towards the - side.

Anywho... She's done. :)
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=5663335#post5663335

Last edited:
You send the friend request from the PS3 main screen when connected to the internet. Don't worry about asking questions its how we (hopefully) learn.

Longhaul driver or just traveling?

Over the road (long haul). Just got back to the dock, post trip inspection, drive home for some sleep, play with my kids, then fine tune my car and post/share it :D. Hopefully be up in a couple hours. Thanks for all your help! Greatly appreciated!!

Finally got me a third untouched Model of my Entry Car. Used it to squeeze out 10 more HP. Sitting on the sweetest power to weight ratio I could put together of all cars I've checked & tested. The few runners up just couldn't make the final PP level.

The Sinister Sleeper is just about ready. Just going to tweak the gears for my new found additional 10hp after work and post it up.

If I could also request a Member build up a car to my spec for share when posted it would be appreciated. Thanks!

I'm surprised we don't see any Ferrari's yet.

Finally got me a third untouched Model of my Entry Car. Used it to squeeze out 10 more HP. Sitting on the sweetest power to weight ratio I could put together of all cars I've checked & tested. The few runners up just couldn't make the final PP level.

The Sinister Sleeper is just about ready. Just going to tweak the gears for my new found additional 10hp after work and post it up.

If I could also request a Member build up a car to my spec for share when posted it would be appreciated. Thanks!

I'm surprised we don't see any Ferrari's yet.
Most of the Ferrari's like the Lamborgini's are either right at the PP limit or well over it stock meaning serious detuning of basically stock cars with the only extra performance you can get coming from suspension and transmission. They don't seem to handle well enough to make up the difference in lost HP due to detuning, to make them really competitive. Of course that's just my take on them and others may have different opinions.

AssassinTuner

Let me know what car and I can start looking for it...assuming it is a standard?

XDesperado67
Most of the Ferrari's like the Lamborgini's are either right at the PP limit or well over it stock meaning serious detuning of basically stock cars with the only extra performance you can get coming from suspension and transmission. They don't seem to handle well enough to make up the difference in lost HP due to detuning, to make them really competitive. Of course that's just my take on them and others may have different opinions.

The "Magnum P.I." Ferrari might be competitive. Ive been able to see exactly how severely overpowered cars using the limited to make PP are at a disadvantage, while using the Power Limiter does give an edge, it gets smaller the more you use. I've seen 2 - 5 % limiting giving gains while anymore usually hurts.

digitalbaka
let me know what car and i can start looking for it...assuming it is a standard?

M3 04 8) Base Model not a CSL or GTR. 4-Real!!

With 525pp it is faster for me than a CSL or GTR, easily making more useable power, with generally the same chassis. I'm running 455hp @ 1277kg. Umm that's going to be tough to deal with.

It was built to be a Killer @ 500pp, but is just as nasty when Tuned to 525pp if not nastier.

Last edited:
My M3 at 525pp runs consistent 1:29's no aids at all, not even ABS.

That is tuned right?
Do you have a GT wing on yours?

I was gonna go for an M3, still aint decided my final choice yet though,

I have a R8, with best 1:30.2, still with alot of room for improvement
And I was working on the Motor Sport Elise which was very slow to start with. Best was 1:36.xx but I managed to get it down to 1:33.1, with some tuning. The Elise wouldn't have came close to winning but the way it drove after tuning compared to how it was before was unbelievable. I wanna give a M3 a go though, and maybe another Audi.

Raver's time with stock settings, running a 1:31.xx either he has SRF on or that car is a beast.

Regarding car sharing vs building your own, JG and I have the same car, his has Rigidity Improvement and mine does not. The Pagani Zonda C12 '00 is a really rare car so I don't think many people have two available to tune.

I can send my car to any of the testers, but that still requires becoming friends on PSN for a few minutes. We just need to plan ahead because I can only send one a day. (Yes it has already been established that I am a duper and Praiano says I will get a bicycle with my next ticket LOL :dopey:) Let me know. I am flexible...

Regarding car sharing vs building your own, JG and I have the same car, his has Rigidity Improvement and mine does not. The Pagani Zonda C12 '00 is a really rare car so I don't think many people have two available to tune.

I can send my car to any of the testers, but that still requires becoming friends on PSN for a few minutes. We just need to plan ahead because I can only send one a day. (Yes it has already been established that I am a duper and Praiano says I will get a bicycle with my next ticket LOL :dopey:) Let me know. I am flexible...

You dont' need to send the car,,, If you go to the car in garage, press Triangle to bring up little menu, then it will say Share with friends,, and will upload the car. You won't be able to use the car while it is shared though

You dont' need to send the car,,, If you go to the car in garage, press Triangle to bring up little menu, then it will say Share with friends,, and will upload the car. You won't be able to use the car while it is shared though

I have my car shared. One of the testers said his friends list is full. If he de-friends a friend for a bit I can send him the car and he can re-friend his friend again. 💡

I have my car shared. One of the testers said his friends list is full. If he de-friends a friend for a bit I can send him the car and he can re-friend his friend again. 💡

Ahhh, ok I must've missed a comment then,, lol ok that's cool, I just thought you thought you had to send you car to each tester or something lol which would be a bit off a nightmare lol

What happen if the de-friend friend don't like that his friend de-friend him for a minute and interprete this like a non friendly relation like friends have generaly?? :nervous:
1% less friend for 1 minute ? Did the earth stop spinning because of this???:nervous:

Question from a tester who's never done one of these yet... is TCS allowed? I sometimes use TCS=1 for RWD cars. (Otherwise just ABS 1 for everything.)

Back