RVR's 1st Annual 525PP European Car Shootout!!! Final Tester and Tuner Results! :D

• Thread starter Akira GT
  • 1,341 comments
madmyk
I've been hitting 1:31's with pretty much anything at 525pp! I hope the difference is just my driving skill. :nervous:

I already submitted my entry, but my next best car is also a BMW so not much variety there. Not sure if the handling compares to the M3's but the Concept tii has a wicked torque curve. I also tried a RUF 3400S but it is not quite stable enough for consistent laps and would benefit from a wing if it would take one. The Evora will be competitive. We'll have to see what else comes up...

My bad, typoed it. I'm meant 525pp, so we are at the same place Bro.

Yes TCS slows the car down (big time) but IF testers want to use it, it should be fine so long as they use it at the same setting for all cars tested. I guess we can limit it like ABS. Restrict it to 1 or 2 something like that. Food for thought, TCS cripples acceleration, even smoking my tires on exit churns faster times then TCS f-ing things up slowing me down.

Yes TCS slows the car down (big time) but IF testers want to use it, it should be fine so long as they use it at the same setting for all cars tested. I guess we can limit it like ABS. Restrict it to 1 or 2 something like that. Food for thought, TCS cripples acceleration, even smoking my tires on exit churns faster times then TCS f-ing things up slowing me down.

Totally agree.

Totally agree.

I don't agree with you but i agree with madame CSLACR because she have long black hairs....:)
No joke. For me ,like i've said already, no problems and it will be not funny if we had only 4WD in this shootout because of this. 👍

I don't agree with you but i agree with madame CSLACR because she have long black hairs....:)
No joke. For me ,like i've said already, no problems and it will be not funny if we had only 4WD in this shootout because of this. 👍

I have lovely long blonde hairs... this is better :)

Never mind miss read and waiting for your tune the CLS, mine is a beast did a 1.26. and I ain't a gooder tuner as you guys are

Indy
I'm only turning 1:27's, but then, the CSL isn't the fastest car eligible, I've tested a few quicker. ;)

You drive with TCS?

The problem is they are not used to "crappier" tyres.
They put all the tunes on RS tyres.

Why??

Maybe they should practice a bit more with "Comfort" tyres to learn how to modulate the throttle. ;)

raVer
Nope, never use TCS, the point is if a driver normally uses TCS, and isn't allowed to for the comp, 4WD becomes the dominant drivetrain for that driver.

It depends on ability, and controllers, I can guarantee you I'll churn faster times with TCS on using my DS3 for LMP cars and F1 cars, but with a wheel and pedals it will slow me down in anything.

-raVer-
You drive with TCS?

The problem is they are not used to "crappier" tyres.
They put all the tunes on RS tyres.

Why??

Maybe they should practice a bit more with "Comfort" tyres to learn how to modulate the throttle. ;)

raVer

Why are you always so condescending? Makes you sound like an A-hole...

Not everybody is at the same level, not everybody has the time to dedicate to a video game practicing to get to your level. A little modesty goes a long way, so does a lack of it. ;)

Last edited:
Jackthalad
Exactly! 👍

@shmogt
maybe you are taking this too seriously, it is a competition yes but without these testers we would have no comp. The testers aren't getting paid to test your car they are volunteering. TCS aint a biggie like SRF and the other cant remember name.

@raver
I think you misread his post there mate :)

Ya they are getting paid it's a competition with prizes. I as a tuner shouldn't have to worry about one guy who sucks at driving ruining it for me because my car doesn't do well with TCS on while someone else's isn't affected as much. Didn't guy who made this already say abs1 and driving line only

Now to the boneheaded question of the day! lets say Tuner 1 has a Zonda C12 and Tuner 4 has the same car; do we post our times and reviews in same post or do we, do a post per car?

Indy

Hey guys let's all remember the rule Dylan has in bold.
We all have our own opinions and its okay to voice them...but please don't get personal with our comments.

That said I'm going to state an opinion of my own here:D
Part of the reason I set my FF shootout up in this format was so drivers of different skill levels might be encouraged to drive the various cars. With a variety of skill levels, driving styles, and equipment setups the cars/tunes that are easier to drive near their limits will be the winners and not necessarily the cars/tunes that someone with great driving skill can get the most performance out of.

Indy Racerfan
Now to the boneheaded question of the day! lets say Tuner 1 has a Zonda C12 and Tuner 4 has the same car; do we post our times and reviews in same post or do we, do a post per car?

Indy

You post per person not car. It's about who has the best tune doesn't matter what car they choose

My bad, typoed it. I'm meant 525pp, so we are at the same place Bro.

No, I misread your post ;). I am getting to low 1:31, high 1:30s after extensive tuning. I really am an average driver. I have just recently quit using TCS for example.

As the new guy, I am very curious how this will turn out. I have no illusions about winning and I will be happy if I do not embarrass myself. I could be doing okay though, if my guess is right that my 1:31 is a 1:29 or better with you or CSLACR driving.

XDesperado67
Hey guys let's all remember the rule Dylan has in bold.
We all have our own opinions and its okay to voice them...but please don't get personal with our comments.

That said I'm going to state an opinion of my own here:D
Part of the reason I set my FF shootout up in this format was so drivers of different skill levels might be encouraged to drive the various cars. With a variety of skill levels, driving styles, and equipment setups the cars/tunes that are easier to drive near their limits will be the winners and not necessarily the cars/tunes that someone with great driving skill can get the most performance out of.

Best Post of The Day!! No sarcasm. This Is EXACTLY why I like these Shootouts and exactly what they should all be about. Good fun for drivers of all levels. Not a elitist or "wannabe elitist" grouping, or place for them to show off.

madmyk
No, I misread your post ;). I am getting to low 1:31, high 1:30s after extensive tuning. I really am an average driver. I have just recently quit using TCS for example.

As the new guy, I am very curious how this will turn out. I have no illusions about winning and I will be happy if I do not embarrass myself. I could be doing okay though, if my guess is right that my 1:31 is a 1:29 or better with you or CSLACR driving.

Probably a 1:28 with CSLACR, she's one quick Hottie.

Indy

Yeah, I didn't mean to submit the same car as JG. I had been working on the Pagani all week but it was not ready before I went away for the weekend. When I came back, JG had posted his.

The trick is that he used Rigidity Improvement and I did not. That will make it more difficult to create your own version for testing. Hopefully all the testers will be able to use the shared cars.

Yeah, I didn't mean to submit the same car as JG. I had been working on the Pagani all week but it was not ready before I went away for the weekend. When I came back, JG had posted his.

The trick is that he used Rigidity Improvement and I did not. That will make it more difficult to create your own version for testing. Hopefully all the testers will be able to use the shared cars.
For those that can't/won't/don't just add the tuners, the easy way is test the one without first, then test the one with.

Edit: any testers that don't have me added yet? I'll be putting the car up for share in about 2 minutes.

I like this tune it's missing something I can't put a finger on it. initial tests I'm running low .29's

For those that can't/won't/don't just add the tuners, the easy way is test the one without first, then test the one with.

Edit: any testers that don't have me added yet? I'll be putting the car up for share in about 2 minutes.

can't wait to do initial run

Why are you always so condescending? Makes you sound like an A-hole...

Not everybody is at the same level, not everybody has the time to dedicate to a video game practicing to get to your level. A little modesty goes a long way, so does a lack of it. ;)

Sometimes I´m a big A-Hole

GT is supposed to be a Real Driving Simulator.Why handle it like a Arcade racer
If I want it arcade-ish , I play a different game.

btw I don´t have the time to practice/race all day long and I´m NOT a great driver.

raVer

I like this tune it's missing something I can't put a finger on it. initial tests I'm running low .29's

Thanks for the feedback :). It is probably that I tuned for ease of use and my skill level, but for me I could get one good lap for every two or three bad laps if I went more aggressive. One thing is that the LSD is a bit conservative. As I mentioned in an earlier post, I have only been off TCS for less than a month, so wheel spin is still a challenge for me.:dunce:

CSLACR are you a girl? I been wondering for a while now and I gotta ask since your pic is girl, but I'm pretty sure that's a celebrity

CSLACR are you a girl? I been wondering for a while now and I gotta ask since your pic is girl, but I'm pretty sure that's a celebrity

Gender is not important. We are all racers here. My question is how does one pronounce CSLACR? I would guess 'slacker' but I don't want to assume. :dopey:

Do you need more test drivers?
More test drivers are always welcome.

Gender is not important. We are all racers here. My question is how does one pronounce CSLACR? I would guess 'slacker' but I don't want to assume. :dopey:
Not positive but I believe CSLACR is an amalgam of parts of the names of two favorite cars...thus CSLACR enters a BMW M3 CSL in this shootout:sly:

Also not meaning to offend anyone if I get this wrong but if you look at what CSLACR has printed next to their name you probably get a better idea of their sex...unless you enjoy thinking of alternative sexual orientations...:lol:
Oops you removed it CSLACR.:dunce: Guess your having more fun making them guess.:D

Last edited:
Well I dont care if your a guy or girl for racing, but I don't like looking at CLSACR pic and being like oooo ya and than having to wonder if there a guy or girl. Everyones comments are either based on the pic or just assumes there a guy and comments that way. I gotta get the facts straight so I stop thinking about it.

:lol::bowdown: That's great, I never even noticed it, but no, CSL and ACR, I'm not good at clever internet names, had I thought of it, and known it was available, (not anymore) I would have taken TwistedMetal. ;)

Desperado
Also not meaning to offend anyone if I get this wrong but if you look at what CSLACR has printed next to their name you probably get a better idea of their sex...unless you enjoy thinking of alternative sexual orientations...:lol:
Oops you removed it CSLACR.:dunce: Guess your having more fun making them guess.:D
I didn't remove it, it still shows on my "MyGTPlanet" dunno if it's there, I can never see it.

Well I dont care if your a guy or girl for racing, but I don't like looking at CLSACR pic and being like oooo ya and than having to wonder if there a guy or girl. Everyones comments are either based on the pic or just assumes there a guy and comments that way. I gotta get the facts straight so I stop thinking about it.
The picture is Demi Lovato. ;) So feel free to enjoy her. I do.

If I didnt have kids teenagers at that(I'm 43). I wouldn't have known who Demi Lovato is, and yes it's nice on the eyes, so thank you CSLACR

Indy

-raVer-
Sometimes I´m a big A-Hole

Has that worked for you? It's too bad...

-raVer-
GT is supposed to be a Real Driving Simulator.Why handle it like a Arcade racer
If I want it arcade-ish , I play a different game.

So what? Who cares? This forum is NOT all about you. Your NOT the only member, we are trying to get people of all skill level involved, everybody plays their own way. I agree, keep it as real as possible, but it's not about me either, this is for the board to take part in, have a good time, and experience a taste of what some of the Garages have to offer.

As much as you cry about TCS and keeping it "real", I could point out how BS that is while your running ABS ;)

-raVer-
btw I don´t have the time to practice/race all day long and I´m NOT a great driver.

Who said you were that Great of a Driver? If you thought I did, I'm sorry, my point was everybody is not at the same skill level, wether they have to practice to beat you, or Not is irrelevant. ;)

I'm not even gripping on yah, it's all good by me, I was just curious if you knew that your condescending attitude has a negative Reflection on you. Seems like you do, so I'm good.

Cheers 4 our Beers!

Back