RVR's 1st Annual 525PP European Car Shootout!!! Final Tester and Tuner Results! :D

• Thread starter Akira GT
  • 1,341 comments
praiano, thanks for the FR, what of the two Merc or Audi do you want tested or do you want both?

and again will try and get at these later tonight when wife asleep or sometime tomorrow

also TUNERS please send FR to Indy_Racerfan so I have something to do,AM on leave from work for the foreseeable future.

TIA
Indy
Which PSN ID do you want tuners to send the FR to?

:lol:
You back your save onto another psn or a usb drive, then accept your prize, if it's not the one you want, quit game, delete save, restore backup.

Different cars are different levels, such as the Formula cars, are all level 24. I have level 21,22,23, & 24 tickets, which fits most every race car in the game. 21 has NASCAR's and lower powered race cars, 22 is more power/lighter, and 23 is mostly LMP cars.

Wouaouu i'm impressed. I'll try this.. after this explanation. Hope i don't go to jail for this....:)👍
Thanks madame.
Of course when you get sloppy like me, you end up deleting your game save, for the second time, I need a second usb drive, seriously. :ouch:

to all TUNERS it's Indy_Racerfan for PSN FR

and praiano thanks will do an initial test sometime Sat. one of my Fav cars to mess around with!

and Is there a formula to post our times with? or just post time and a review?

to all TUNERS it's Indy_Racerfan for PSN FR

and praiano thanks will do an initial test sometime Sat. one of my Fav cars to mess around with!

and Is there a formula to post our times with? or just post time and a review?
I'll send you a FR in a couple minutes Indy.

What seemed to work fairly well for the FF shootout was for the test drivers to make an initial post of times and reviews of the car/s tested, then update that post with new times and cars as they tested them. With a note in the current thread that they had made an update. This way Onboy can make a single link to a drivers times and reviews instead of multiple ones.

Dylan are you or someone else sponsoring a drivers choice award for this shootout?

Save the GT5 file onto the laptop for save keeping
:D
A good idea, but I have to remember each time to overwrite my other save and rewrite it after I've copied.
Maybe as an occasional backup. 💡

Has anyone tried a Tesla and does it qualify as an European car? Tesla Motors is an American company but the car is actually built by Lotus in the UK.

It's just clicked now as I went to get my tune that it's gone, so umm, yeah, I'll be having to make another one.

A whaaaaaaa...?

The drivers all pick their favorite car to drive regardless of how well it finishes in the time trials. The car getting the most votes is named drivers choice. For the FF shootout the Rotary Junkie Mazda was drivers choice by a single vote difference even though it finished 4th overall. Think only one of the three cars ahead of it got a vote. Consensus among drivers seemed to be that while they were fast they took a lot more driver effort to be that way.

My other question regards the Tesla Roadster from the NCD.

XDesperado67
Has anyone tried a Tesla and does it qualify as an European car? Tesla Motors is an American company but the car is actually built by Lotus in the UK.

If it were me I would count out the Tesla. Globally it is considered to be an American developed car and assembled in the UK, mostly. So I think in the same way we are counting in the HPAs it goes the other way for the Tesla.

But then, I'm not in charge... :D

If it were me I would count out the Tesla. Globally it is considered to be an American developed car and assembled in the UK, mostly. So I think in the same way we are counting in the HPAs it goes the other way for the Tesla.

But then, I'm not in charge... :D
Works for me.:D
Just wondered if I had finally found an excuse to actually buy one.:crazy:

XDesperado67
Works for me.:D
Just wondered if I had finally found an excuse to actually buy one.:crazy:

I bought one for a photo comp shoot. Think I drove it 2 miles, took 4 pics and haven't touched it since. :crazy:

Last edited:
Whats the deadline for Tune Entry, not quit sure it's says we must submit a time by the 8th? Testing starts the 15th? What?

Edit, never-mind, scrolled down and it's clear in blue. Might want to fix all the typos in the orange though...

Damnit! I was working on my tune and getting good times always improving each change and than suddenly black screen with the stupid GT logo that never loads. Bye tune, you will be missed.

I've added the mention "OFFLINE ONLY" on my R8 shootout tune because i've tried it online for the first time today. Undrivable.

Why is the car online undrivable (What does it or what does it not)?

raVer

Sometime people ask what is the diference between Offline /online , they open threads with this questions ,but don't have a lot of succes with the answers. Generaly people prefer talking about for example gears settings during monthes.(don't know why)
So ,for the diference ONLINE / OFFLINE , i always answer the same.
Online is more sharp ,the car is more sensible to oversteer under acceleration or breaking also.
A good Online tune generaly work offline, but not the contrary .
My R8 was tune specialy for this shootout, work perfectly on any track offline.
But if you go for example on Suzuka online ,you'll not pass the first right turn.
Experience is better than words, everybody can do the test.
Have a good night everybody.

I'm in as a Tuner ;) Already have my Car picked out, Suspension Tuned, Power Weight Set up finalized. Just ironing out the gearbox tuning it to MLS, & tweaking the Wheel Angles & LSD ;)

I'm shooting for a car that can average 1:29 - 1:31 across the Testers. I'm hitting consistent 1:30.1's hot lapping as low as 1:29.3, with 1:28 to 1:27 lap time potential from more capable drivers.

I'm doing my hot lapping with my DS3 to insure it's fast with both DS3 & Wheel (yup 1:29.3 with DS3) Tuning the suspension was done via DFGT.

This Car will be the Sleeper in the Pack 8)

The Sinister Sleeper

Last edited:
praiano63
Sometime people ask what is the diference between Offline /online , they open threads with this questions ,but don't have a lot of succes with the answers. Generaly people prefer talking about for example gears settings during monthes.(don't know why)
So ,for the diference ONLINE / OFFLINE , i always answer the same.
Online is more sharp ,the car is more sensible to oversteer under acceleration or breaking also.
A good Online tune generaly work offline, but not the contrary .
My R8 was tune specialy for this shootout, work perfectly on any track offline.
But if you go for example on Suzuka online ,you'll not pass the first right turn.
Experience is better than words, everybody can do the test.
Have a good night everybody.

I remember finding this out the hard way one day when I took my mcclaren online and new it would smoke everyone just to find out the tune was so unstable online. I had to relearn how to drive it during the race. All tunes work online they just require you to change your driving style, but yes definitely easier to just make it workonline properly first.

Is there any way we could have the cars to be used listed by tuners name in first post?

and thanks to the tuners who have added me, great cars/tunes has been fun doing initial test. Times and mini reviews posted soon.

Again add Indy_Racerfan on PSN for test driver

TIA
Indy

Is there any way we could have the cars to be used listed by tuners name in first post?

and thanks to the tuners who have added me, great cars/tunes has been fun doing initial test. Times and mini reviews posted soon.

Again add Indy_Racerfan on PSN for test driver

TIA
Indy
Indy thanks for accepting my FR. Sorry for any confusion, I haven't settled on my car for this shootout yet. The Volvo was a car I thought about using in the FF shootout. After that ended I did some fine tuning and ACSR421 setup the transmission/LSD for it. Onboy and a couple others have test drove the car and its coming along nicely. Makes for a fun alternative at 500PP. Feel free to take any of the shared cars for a spin. Most of them I either have tunes for posted in my garage or undergoing testing and tuning prior to the tune being published. So I'm always interested in getting feedback that can be used to make them better.

What the... I have two tuner garages lol guess which I want to be
Just make sure you have the right garage tuning for the shootout...doubt the drivers want to tour Laguna Seca sideways!:lol:

Back