1st Annual Fall Roadster Battle! FINAL RESULTS POSTED!!!

I'll remove you from the list but feel free to test the cars and post times if you like. If you get them all we'll call you official, if not it would still be nice for the tuners to see your times and opinions I'm sure.
Ah, thanks for the opportunity, perhaps, perhaps. đź‘Ť

I have taken a bunch of photos and nailed it down to the final two. I want to post here and see what people say is cooler to use, but I don't know if that's sort of cheating. I'm thinking it's fine tho since people are allowed to post there tune and get others to test it for them and make changes up until the due date.

I have taken a bunch of photos and nailed it down to the final two. I want to post here and see what people say is cooler to use, but I don't know if that's sort of cheating. I'm thinking it's fine tho since people are allowed to post there tune and get others to test it for them and make changes up until the due date.

WaitÂ…we can do that? I thought it was 'once you submit, there's no turning back'.

Onboy123
Wait…we can do that? I thought it was 'once you submit, there's no turning back'.

I'm not sure what the rules for that is. I think it's just more people don't make changes because they obviously feel they can't do better or they wouldn't have submitted. Either way I think next time it should be you can't submit or talk about times until the final day of the deadline. I could easily see anyone's tune right now and what car they chose and test it out and make necessary changes to guarantee mine is faster which doesn't seem fair to me.

Just done a complete cycle of my UCD, cars that are on offer;

S2000 '01
MX-5 '95
Roadster '04
MX-5 '91
350Z Roadster '03
MX-5 '91
MR2 Spyder '02
And finally a SPORTS 800 '65 (with 342136km on the clock!!)

Do you think my UCD knows about this Shootout..?? :sly:

{Cy}

Hey, Cykosis, I know you like Pugs, so how about doing a 450PP 206 CC just for lulz? :D

I'll have a look at one. Not sure I've got one in the locker (be surprised if I haven't :sly:). If I haven't, do you have one you can send?? I'll dupe and send back, naturally.

Currently running a revision of my SEASONAL - Mazda Roadster RS (NC) ‘07. Has run a 1:26.089 and runs consistently low 1:26s with T/F depletion on and Grip set to real. I've firmed the springs up and adjusted the ARBs. I've also powered it up and stripped it down to the required PP.

I think it'll get savaged in the "Fastest Lap" element, but it'a joy to drive and make me smile like an idiot... :dopey:

{Cy}

I'll have a look at one. Not sure I've got one in the locker (be surprised if I haven't :sly:). If I haven't, do you have one you can send?? I'll dupe and send back, naturally.

Currently running a revision of my SEASONAL - Mazda Roadster RS (NC) ‘07. Has run a 1:26.089 and runs consistently low 1:26s with T/F depletion on and Grip set to real. I've firmed the springs up and adjusted the ARBs. I've also powered it up and stripped it down to the required PP.

I think it'll get savaged in the "Fastest Lap" element, but it'a joy to drive and make me smile like an idiot... :dopey:

{Cy}
I'll send it, but it's a 500PP car. I'll remove some bits to see if it can get down to 450PP, but if not, I'll have to hunt it down in the UCD. And I think my car would get savaged at everything, but it'll at least be average to drive. :dopey:

I'll send it, but it's a 500PP car. I'll remove some bits to see if it can get down to 450PP, but if not, I'll have to hunt it down in the UCD. And I think my car would get savaged at everything, but it'll at least be average to drive. :dopey:
If you don't have one I have one already set up at 450PP I was testing I can send.:D

The Outlaw Motorsports Garage tunes
Honda, S2000 '06

Tuned for DigitalBaka's 450PP Fall Roadster Shootout

Source and Parts list:
Buy from: Honda Dealership
Paintjob: Blackish Red Mica
Wheels: Enkei SC03
Weight Reduction: Stage 1
Engine Tuning: Stage 1
Exhaust Manifold: Yes
Catalytic Converter: Yes
Exhaust: Titanium Semi-Racing
Turbo Kit: Mid RPM Range
Transmission: Fully Customisable
Clutch: Twin-Plate
Flywheel: Semi-Racing
LSD: Fully Customisable
Carbon Propeller Shaft: Yes
Suspension: Fully Customisable
Tires: Sports Medium

The car is fully broken in with no oil change.

The Tune

Ballast: 58kg at position 10
Power Limiter: 97.5%
Transmission - process as follows;
1)Set to default
2)Set Max Speed to 310 km/h
3)Set gears as follows;
1st=3.095
2nd=2.045
3rd=1.522
4th=1.210
5th=1.007
6th=0.858
4)Set Final gear to 5.004
Should display an indicated top speed of 245 km/h in upper right corner.
LSD
Initial 05, Acceleration 30, Braking 10
Suspension
Camber Angle Front 2.4, Rear 1.9
Toe Angle Front 0.05, Rear 0.05
Ride Height Front -20, Rear -20
Spring Rate Front 8.8, Rear 9.2
Dampers (Extension) Front 6, Rear 5
Dampers (Compression) Front 3, Rear 3
Anti-Roll Bars Front 2, Rear 2
Brakes
Front 3, Rear 6

The car has 450 PP,weighs 1233 Kg with a 50/50 front/rear weight distribution, has 280 BHP@7800rpm and produces 27kg/fm torque@6900rpm with a 8900rpm redline.

I like how so far, all of the S2000's have different builds on them. Makes things far more interesting. :D

Tried to send you a friend request TimberW, but you're all full up. Perhaps you could send me one when you have a spare spot, and need to test the car.

Ok. I will clear up my friends list. When is the start date to test drive and the deadline?

From the OP

TIMELINE
Obviously tuners may start selecting and tuning cars right away. Here is a list of other important dates:

OCT 28: Event begins!
NOV 6: Tune/photo submission deadline
NOV 7: Testing officially begins, photo poll opens
NOV 20: Driver submission deadline, photo poll closes

We will use 11:59p GMT as the time for all deadlines. Any late submissions will be put to a vote by participants but will not be guaranteed entry. To avoid uncertainty, make sure you leave plenty of time for your submissions!

I like how so far, all of the S2000's have different builds on them. Makes things far more interesting. :D

And I also like how, within the short gap of just 2 corners, all my hopes of creating something remotely fun and being in with a shout of trying to get the driver's choice award are completely shattered by Tris' S2k. :grumpy:

Edit: I also hate how the car that I was waiting for to show up in the UCD is only 2PP from the 450PP limit. :grumpy: X2.

Last edited:
If you don't have one I have one already set up at 450PP I was testing I can send.:D

Thanks for the offer Sir, see below :)đź‘Ť

Thank you for the car Sir. I had one in my garage, but it had 7.5k miles on it :indiff:. I'll carry on using that one, then apply it to the 2.5k miler you've sent me đź‘Ť Remind me if I haven't duped and sent it back to you tomorrow, I sent another car today, soz.

1:28.3 with a some default Pug Rally Springs build on it. Lots of fun, if not that quick, just need to figure out how to regain a little control over the front wheels. With tyre wear on, it gets a bit hunger. Gonna go have a look at some RKM cars, they seem to have a good grasp over diff settings for FWD cars...

{Cy}

Thanks for the offer Sir, see below :)đź‘Ť

Thank you for the car Sir. I had one in my garage, but it had 7.5k miles on it :indiff:. I'll carry on using that one, then apply it to the 2.5k miler you've sent me đź‘Ť Remind me if I haven't duped and sent it back to you tomorrow, I sent another car today, soz.

1:28.3 with a some default Pug Rally Springs build on it. Lots of fun, if not that quick, just need to figure out how to regain a little control over the front wheels. With tyre wear on, it gets a bit hunger. Gonna go have a look at some RKM cars, they seem to have a good grasp over diff settings for FWD cars...

{Cy}

Yay!! Someone using a FF!!! :D I'm not alone!! But hey, I'm using RKM's diff tuning style as well. :lol: This should be interestingÂ…Â…Ah, who am I kidding, you'll kick my arse to hell and back with that pug.

Yay!! Someone using a FF!!! :D I'm not alone!! But hey, I'm using RKM's diff tuning style as well. :lol: This should be interestingÂ…Â…Ah, who am I kidding, you'll kick my arse to hell and back with that pug.

Using a FWD car for now. If I can't find, at least, another second, I'm hopping back in the MX-5. If I can set the diff so that I can extract a little more traction out of corners, I'll run with it, if only for the lols...

{Cy}

Testing Results

Praiano's Mercedes SLK 1:26.578
My initial thoughts were that this car was loose and a bit tail heavy but upon further testing it began to grow on me. Once I became accustom to it's handling it began to feel more and more planted (considering the tires it's on) everywhere except the first chicane.

Tris_73's Honda S2000 1:24.632
Now that is a hell of a car. Very precise, very quick, and of you drive like a lot of people do (with a heavy foot) you will drift the entire track. This is exactly the kind of car I like. This is certainly my pick for drivers award.

Sean10mm's Honda S2000 1:27.410

Indy RacerFan's BMW Z4 1:28.777
This car has a very light rear end that loves to swing around on you but the front end as a ton of grip. The biggest let down of this car is the calm sterile and poised manner in which it drives, There's no sense of urgency like you'd normally have on a track this small. It's kinds of a "get there when I get there" car.

Johnnypenso's Honda S2000 1:26.770

Shmogt's Honda S2000 1:27.058
Very tail happy S2000, just wants to drift everything.

XDesperado67's Chevy SSR 1:27.954

Dragonthing's Mazda Roadster RS 1:27.332

Bigberry's Mazda Roadster RS 1:27.494

Onboy123's Mitsubishi Eclipse GTS 1:27.486

Rotary Jumkie's Honda S2000 1:27.270

Cykosis1973's Mazda Roadster RS 1:27.597

krenkme's Chrysler Prowler 1:28.940

VTiRoj's Honda S2000 1:27.342

ACSR421's Mazda Roadster RS 1:27.190

-raVer-'s Corvette 1:33.951

Jackthalad's S2000 1:27.459
Love that paint job.

madmyk's MG 1:28.466

Last edited:
Ok people I was going to enter this much later, but since people have a few of them up I don't want it to look like I copied anyone so here it is! Honda S2000 2001 Please choose which pic you like more and if you click on them it takes to my new flickr which has a couple others I took

I'm not sure what the rules for that is. I think it's just more people don't make changes because they obviously feel they can't do better or they wouldn't have submitted. Either way I think next time it should be you can't submit or talk about times until the final day of the deadline. I could easily see anyone's tune right now and what car they chose and test it out and make necessary changes to guarantee mine is faster which doesn't seem fair to me.

I think that specially for this shootout, the best time is not really important. I didn't choose my car because it's the faster car i 've tested, but because this is a Mercedes benz, light , also fast, very alive in this configuration tires/PP. Good to feel the reactions with the wheel......
There is slow, medium , fast and very fast cars. I've choosen a fast. Of course i've tested a S2000. , but for me this car will be a race in the race. Like say VTiRoj "I like how so far, all of the S2000's have different builds on them. Makes things far more interesting".... This will be ! in fact!
This is THE very fast 450pp sport medium car, alone in his class on this track (from the one i've tested allready, and it represent a lot of cars).

The difference is big, but between the only "fast" cars, a lot are in the same second. For example, this are my first run laptimes ( provisory but representatives ). This is where is one of the real battle i think, a tune can really make the difference here.

praiano 1 26 160 kompressor
secret 1 26 413 english roadster ,can't reveal before my friend do.
krenkme 1 26 731 Prowler
indy 1 26 390 BMW Z4
Tris 73 1 24 592 S2000

Using a FWD car for now. If I can't find, at least, another second, I'm hopping back in the MX-5. If I can set the diff so that I can extract a little more traction out of corners, I'll run with it, if only for the lols...

{Cy}
You should try the 307CC. It's one of my top cars currently and I found it to be nearly a second faster than the 206CC despite being on the chunky side.

I think that specially for this shootout, the best time is not really important. I didn't choose my car because it's the faster car i 've tested, but because this is a Mercedes benz, light , also fast, very alive in this configuration tires/PP. Good to feel the reactions with the wheel......
There is slow, medium , fast and very fast cars. I've choosen a fast. Of course i've tested a S2000. , but for me this car will be a race in the race. Like say VTiRoj "I like how so far, all of the S2000's have different builds on them. Makes things far more interesting".... This will be ! in fact!
This is THE very fast 450pp sport medium car, alone in his class on this track (from the one i've tested allready, and it represent a lot of cars).

The difference is big, but between the only "fast" cars, a lot are in the same second. For example, this are my first run laptimes ( provisory but representatives ). This is where is one of the real battle i think, a tune can really make the difference here.

praiano 1 26 160 kompressor
secret 1 26 413 english roadster ,can't reveal before my friend do.
krenkme 1 26 731 Prowler
indy 1 26 390 BMW Z4
Tris 73 1 24 592 S2000

I think what your saying is you went for consistency with all drivers since there all added up in the end instead of something that may be the best but only in the hands of someone really good. I get that, happened to me in one of the other shootouts.

These are not the pics I will use since there edited a little, but I still want to show them since I think they look good especially for a standard S2000 at a course with ok lighting.
6295159537_73743274ce_b.jpg

6295159165_9bb602767d_b.jpg

6295688498_cf5b6e8d43_b.jpg

I think what your saying is you went for consistency with all drivers since there all added up in the end instead of something that may be the best but only in the hands of someone really good. I get that, happened to me in one of the other shootouts.

Sorry i don't understand exactly what do you want to say. But your S2000 '01 is 1'24"406, faster than the '06 200"" till now.

You should try the 307CC. It's one of my top cars currently and I found it to be nearly a second faster than the 206CC despite being on the chunky side.

I hadn't looked at it as I thought it was technically a 4 seater. Not sure if the one in the game has back seats or not, but I've certainly shoe-horned my 6'4" frame into the back of one. Was none too comfortable, I'll tell ya..!!

Sorry i don't understand exactly what do you want to say. But your S2000 '01 is 1'24"406, faster than the '06 200"" till now.

I think what Praiano is saying, and it's something I agree with, is that the S2000 is going to win the speed element of this Shootout.

There's been lots of talk of 1:26 laptimes and the S2000 comes along and bangs in a 1:24 without breaking a sweat. I purposefully avoided this car because I suspected this would be the case. To be honest, I didn't want to go near the MX-5, as I thought there'd be a bucket of them already. Unless I can get this Pug 206 to work better, I'll go with the Mazda as it seems to be posting similar times to others.

Lord help us if someone builds an S2000 that's nice to drive and photogenic :sly:

{Cy}

Back