1st Annual Fall Roadster Battle! FINAL RESULTS POSTED!!!

Well I have accepted the friend requests and sent our requests to most of the other tuners. The only car I have driven is the prowler, I got 1:30.097, so hopefully with my wheel connected and a bit of practice I can post reasonable times for all these tunes. I am going to put some time into this now so more times will be coming.

Edit: I get 1:27.597 with my wheel which is a reasonably good time. I was testing in practice mode with edge of track grip set to low and I kicked up dust and grass on the inside of some apexes. This is the first time on these forums I will be posting competitive times. I want to post fast times but I don't want to be labeled a cheating cheater. I need to know if I need to change edge grip to real or if I need to drive more like a gentlemanly gentleman, also will I need to save any fastest lap replays?

Last edited:
That's the one krenkme.:D

Just in case anyone's interested the only way you can get it to 450PP using the shootout limits on ballast and power limiter is to not do an oil change/engine rebuild. Changing oil raises PP to 465 and the limits for the shootout only bring it down to around 455.:(

That being said it is a complete terror on the compact car seasonal.:D

Is the car you're referring to a Tuscani CCS by any chance? :D

And on topic, it's time I finished my testing. To the S2000s I go!

Edit: If not the Tuscani, it's the HCD6 concept!

Well I have accepted the friend requests and sent our requests to most of the other tuners. The only car I have driven is the prowler, I got 1:30.097, so hopefully with my wheel connected and a bit of practice I can post reasonable times for all these tunes. I am going to put some time into this now so more times will be coming.

Edit: I get 1:27.597 with my wheel which is a reasonably good time. I was testing in practice mode with edge of track grip set to low and I kicked up dust and grass on the inside of some apexes. This is the first time on these forums I will be posting competitive times. I want to post fast times but I don't want to be labeled a cheating cheater. I need to know if I need to change edge grip to real or if I need to drive more like a gentlemanly gentleman, also will I need to save any fastest lap replays?
Low or real doesn't matter, same with tire wear/fuel consumption on or off, just make sure the settings are the same for all the cars and your fine. As far as legal laps go, while most of the drivers try to stick to the two wheels on track at all times, the only real hard rule is that all laps must be in the green so any red flagged lap times don't count.
Is the car you're referring to a Tuscani CCS by any chance? :D

And on topic, it's time I finished my testing. To the S2000s I go!

Edit: If not the Tuscani, it's the HCD6 concept!
Nope both your guesses are wrong there.:D krenkme already posted pictures of it.:lol:

Completed Results

Times

84.656 Rotary Junkie
86.749 Praiano63
86.891 Onboy123
85.771 Cykosis1973
85.852 tris73
86.214 XDesperado67
87.597 krenkme
85.653 bigberry
85.002 VTiRoj
85.502 Dragonthing
86.494 Indy_Racerfan
85.043 sean10mm
85.157 ACSR421
84.524 Shmogt
83.999 Johnpenso
91.460 -raver-
85.065 Jackthalad
86.158 madmyk

Top 3

1. Cykosis1973
2. ACSR421
3. krenkme

Comments

Rotary Junkie
Very racy. It seems every aspect of the car has been worked on. A little bit too blue.

Praiano63
It feels a little too soft. Bad for hitting kerbs hard. No throttle steer. Nice speed in long bends. It's faster than it feels.

Onboy123
Pretty nice for a FF. No doubt this has greatly improved steering. Good brakes.

Cykosis1973
Excellent. This car can really be placed exactly where you want it through the first part of the lap.

tris73
Slippery in rear end but drives great at medium pace.

XDesperado67
Very cool. Rock solid handling.

krenkme
A bit pushy on corner entry. Great gears. Not full 450PP. Good for steering with throttle.

bigberry
A little bit of oversteer.

VTiRoj
Good.

Dragonthing
Oversteer on corner entry. Good straight line speed.

Indy_Racerfan
Good grip.

sean10mm
Good grip.

ACSR421
Nice.

Shmogt
Fast. Needs to be driven with a lot of care.

Johnpenso
Great. It's fast and easy to drive fast. Nice exhaust note too.

-raver-
Nice.

Jackthalad
Overall this is good. I think it could get better lap times with changes to gear ratios.

madmyk
A little understeer.

Last edited:
Cykosis1973 - 85.771
Excellent. This car can really be placed exactly where you want it through the first part of the lap.

Cracking time, quarter of a second faster than myself, bravo Sir đź‘Ťđź‘Ť

Glad you enjoyed the ride, thanks for your time and efforts...

{Cy}

DigitalBaka can you please update the results post?

I've completed testing on all entries and listed my drivers choice picks. If I have time (read take a break from Skyrim :lol:) I'll retest some of the cars to try and get better times but no guarantees.

MrGrado has started his testing and is now posting some results as well so his results post needs to be linked as well.

Thanks.đź‘Ťđź‘Ť

I will update when I get the kids to bed tonight. :) I also have my own results to post.

Good to see the times rolling in. I may be able to close up early at this rate.

madmik.jpg

Hi, a friend asked me how i do to publish this excel picture. Well , if somebody else is interested to know ,here is how i do. I'm not great with computer ,so if i can do this, anybody can also.

For window users:
-Select the part of the excel file you want to publish.
-Copy the selection.
-Open the paint program.
-Paste the copied selection on the paint sheet.
-Select the option to save your new file in JPEG , and save.
You have a picture of your excel file, just publish it with image shack.

That's all. ><((((°> °°°°°

FISHHYYYYY!!!! *Big hug* YAY!!! YOU STAYED!!!! :D Now screw dem haters and carry on tuning!

And welcome back. đź‘Ť

@DigitalBaka sounds good.:D

@ACSR421 thanks for the vote and the review.đź‘Ťđź‘Ť
Now you just need to post a time for your own car!

I'm done!!! Here are my times. I had a lot of fun being on this side of a shootout....I just don't want to see another Mazda or Honda at Autumn Ring ever again! :dopey:

I'm done!!! Here are my times. I had a lot of fun being on this side of a shootout....I just don't want to see another Mazda or Honda at Autumn Ring ever again! :dopey:
Seeing Miatas and S2000s at Autumn Ring should be a pleasure for you...as long as your driving Spooky!:crazy::lol:

Glad you liked my "little" Roadster so much, thanks.đź‘Ťđź‘Ť:D

Seeing Miatas and S2000s at Autumn Ring should be a pleasure for you...as long as your driving Spooky!:crazy::lol:

Glad you liked my "little" Roadster so much, thanks.đź‘Ťđź‘Ť:D

I think your Spooky and my Lamb should go feast on some Miatas :D. Nah there good cars..................:indiff:

Everything should be updated now. Again, let me know if something was missed. đź‘Ť

ACSR and X, go ahead and submit times for your own cars too! :D MrGrado, liking the format of your times! Perhaps we could use that as a FITT driver result template. :dopey:

My times are coming shortly...I know you're all sitting on the edge of your seats for that. :dunce:

Last edited:
Lap Times
  1. sean10mm - 1'25.632" - The feel of this car is neither here nor there, not really loose or tight. Rather bland but it allows you to concentrate on your driving.
  2. Rotary Junkie - 1'25.665" - Nice and grippy but just a touch of that tendency to want to rotate it's read end around.
  3. Johnnypenso - 1'25.831" - Extremely well balanced car! The quick time speaks for itself.
  4. ACSR - 1'26.350" - A very well planted car. I'd like a bit more turn in from it to really dig into the corners.
  5. CyKosis - 1'26.627" - Feels very tight and produced a time quite a bit quicker than it felt.
  6. Shmogt - 1'26.641" - Very loose car, particularly under hard braking. Still quite fast desipte fighting with it at times.
  7. Roj - 1'26.763" - Good stability from the rear but needs some more mid-range punch.
  8. bigberry - 1'26.777" - Quick but there's a touch of understeer at just the wrong time.
  9. Jackthalad - 1'26.871" - Very stable and great braking! Easy to push around the track. This one was my favorite of the Hondas.
  10. Tris - 1'27.234" - Easy to drive fast, difficult to master. Right on that fine line for my skill where it becomes harder to handle.
  11. XDesperado - 1'27.376" - This thing has no business being in the same ball park as these small roadsters but somehow pulls it off. Solid feel with fantastic brakes.
  12. Dragonthing - 1'27.377" - A little bit slidey coming out of corners. Felt like it should have been just a little faster than it was.
  13. Indy - 1'27.397" - A good improvement in stability from the stock car, which gives me headaches. Just a bit pushy in some places.
  14. Praiano - 1'27.533" - No sense of urgency but deceptively quick. Some sort of Brazilian voodoo going on here!
  15. Madmyk - 1'27.536" - Easily the most consistent car of the pack so far. Lap times all within a few tenths.
  16. Onboy - 1'27.685" - Fasterer and furiouser! Brakes will peel your face off. Dunno about that paint though....
  17. krenkme - 1'28.461" - Pretty tail happy in spite of the huge tires and wing. Understeers heavily at times.
  18. Raver - 1'33.202" - Suffers from a lack of grip, probably due to skinny tires on this old frame. Lights up the inside rear tire quite a bit but feels great.

Driver's Choice
  1. sean10mm - Honda S2000 '06 - Not an exciting drive but I didn't have to fight with it. I liked that the car just "shut up and let me drive". :D I had 4 consecutive laps where my best time dropped by .3-.5 seconds.
  2. madmyk - MG TF160 '03 - Impressive consistency. Granted I did not use tire wear for my testing but most of my laps ended up within a few tenths spread.
  3. Dragonthing - Mazda Roadster RS (NC) '07 - Not particularly fast or slow but a blast to drive! After I finished my test laps I took it for a couple more and just flung it around in a cloud of smoke. Excuse the dents in the bodywork though... :embarrassed:

Miscellaneous Honors
  • The Oddball Award...or "OMGWTFBBQ?!" - XDesperado - This big ugly monstrosity has no business hanging with these svelte compacts but somehow it manages just fine.
  • The "WHEEEEEE!" Award - Dragonthing - Some of the best fun I've had in GT5 was doing my l33t ToKyO dRiFzZ (i.e. "crashing with lots of smoke and laughter") with this little jellybean.
  • The SRS BZNS Award - Rotary Junkie - Miss your line? Toast. Too fast? I'll put you in the wall. Too slow? I'll swing my ass around and slam you into the barrier. Execute perfectly or die a firey death. Why? .....because racecar.

Loads of fun. Once again a stellar job by everyone! Top to bottom there's no bad tune here. I loved all of them and will likely use them quite a bit in the future. :sly:đź‘Ť

Last edited:
Oops, thought I had included my time already.:dunce:

Added now.đź‘Ťđź‘Ť

Provisory shootout general classification , done a few minutes ago with the times avaible on the online time sheet.

unledu.jpg

Onboy - 1'27.685 - Fasterer and furiouser! Brakes will peel your face off. Dunno about that paint though....

Incomplete Results

Onboy123
Pretty nice for a FF. No doubt this has greatly improved steering. Good brakes.

I like how both of you say that the brakes very good and yet in my eyes, they were only just up to the job of slowing the thing down. :lol:

And go away DB, chrome pink/purple ftw! I have another one in matte black which would have been entered, but then the chassis brace didn't make that one better to drive so I just used this :D

On another note, updated. 12 down, 6 to go.

Something I wanted to mention as I was unsure as to the testing rules.

When testers are going to post a time for their own car are they running it again and posting the best time in eg 7-8 laps like the others ? or posting their own PB ?

Just a thought as I know the 1.25.8xx I done in my car took tons of laps to get and if I was a tester id be posting a 1.26 something.

When testers are going to post a time for their own car are they running it again and posting the best time in eg 7-8 laps like the others ? or posting their own PB ?

Just a thought as I know the 1.25.8xx I done in my car took tons of laps to get and if I was a tester id be posting a 1.26 something.
I held off posting a time for my SSR until after I had tested all the other cars.
Then I took it back to the track and on my 3rd or 4th lap got the time I posted. All my laps in the last testing session were faster than my previous best, a fact that I attribute to a combination of having more track time regardless of the car used and focusing solely on making the best possible lap time instead of insuring that there was no more issues with the tune that I could easily correct.

I will be making an effort in the next few days to try and re-test most if not all the cars except mine. I think I've about reached my driving limits on the SSR anyways. Often a second test session can provide some slight improvement in times due to greater familiarity with the track, better feel for the cars, and not being burned out from running the same car for an hour already.

I tested my car right in the middle of all the rest. 10 laps for the others and 4 for mine (I knew I wouldn't get more). It ended up being faster then first tests because I was getting to know the track.

I would say to use your judgement. There's no way to police the times anyone puts in that doesn't get very involved and cumbersome. We're really going on the honor system here so it's your call. Just as I've left driving aids up to the individual I'll leave this to each tuner. Obviously you've driven your own car more than anyone else will so you have more opportunity. You can take your best time from your tuning laps, assuming it was achieved with your posted settings, or you can go with additional laps and take the best of that bunch.

That's really the "can of worms" we open when allowing tuners to test as well but I think with the people in the tuning community here it isn't much of an issue at all. :)

Right I was just reviewing the times by various testers and one of Detoxification's results raised an eyebrow very high. He's listed Tris_73's car at 1:24.632 but his times in the other cars were all 2-3 seconds slower.

This is a problem... There's no way he's got the skill to do that time in a car meeting these specs without being able to at least come close in the other S2000s. Hopefully it's just a typo.

Right I was just reviewing the times by various testers and one of Detoxification's results raised an eyebrow very high. He's listed Tris_73's car at 1:24.632 but his times in the other cars were all 2-3 seconds slower.

This is a problem... There's no way he's got the skill to do that time in a car meeting these specs without being able to at least come close in the other S2000s. Hopefully it's just a typo.

I've reached out to him tonight to see if he can confirm the time and settings. I'll see what's what once I hear back.

Side note, anyone heard anything from Timber, smrtb0mb or Rallywagon? Are they still going to run the cars?

Times also updated to this point. Waiting on Indy, RJ and sean to finish mine and ACSR should hopefully be posting a time for his own car soon. :dopey: Remember, drivers, to let me know what reward car you'd like once you're finished up with testing. Up to 500,000 from the NCD in whatever color you wish!

Last edited:
Hmmmmmmm...it seems like my fellow outlaws hsve been busy with the bribes...the outlaw garage bank account is missing quite a sizable sum of money...I wonder if Detoxification has it...:dopey::lol:

Anyway, I'll be doing 3 more cars tonight and the other three throughout this week. Just to keep you waiting. :D

Any word from Detoxification DB? I'd really like to know if that was the correct time. Just so we can put 'fallgate' behind us. :sly:

Hey folks, sorry I've not gotten around to testing yet. Had some things come up and had to goto stl. I'll be back home today, and start cranking out test drives and commentaries. I believe that I have my car tuned and ready, so I'll get that up too.

Fallgate eh? :lol:

Yes, I did hear back from him and he says the time is correct. The car suited his driving style much better than the others, hence the excellent time. I think we've all had that happen to some degree with certain cars or had that "magic lap". While it may seem to be a deviant time I will take him at his word and hopefully that will be the end of it.

Perhaps with future FITT events we should look into ways of preventing this sort of thing from happening. Something for the council to brainstorm around. đź’ˇ

Hey folks, sorry I've not gotten around to testing yet. Had some things come up and had to goto stl. I'll be back home today, and start cranking out test drives and commentaries. I believe that I have my car tuned and ready, so I'll get that up too.

Hope everything is OK with you. Don't worry about absence, we understand that life happens first. :D:tup:

Unfortunately, you did miss the deadline to have your car entered in the competition. :guilty: You are, of course, welcome to share it and ask for some opinions and critiques but it will not be eligible to compete.

Please do test away though! The tuners do love to see the times and comments roll in and I'm sure they will love to see what you can do with their efforts. I will add your times to the results sheet as you post them so feel free to post your first few and edit the times into one post as you go so everything is in one place for review.

Looking forward to your times! :sly:

Last edited:
Back