Playstation 3 System Update Thread

PS3 Web Browser streams video :D!!. Gametrailers videos can now be streamed when u choose "download>WMV". Most .mpg videos will stream from any direct source.

PS3 Web Browser streams video :D!!. Gametrailers videos can now be streamed when u choose "download>WMV". Most .mpg videos will stream from any direct source.

Oh crap that's awesome, thanks for letting us know too! :D:tup:

There's even a "video walkthrough":

Edit....
After watching the vid, yeah it is definitely an improvement. Then again it would be hard to make a more frustrating interface than the current version.

Confirmed! 2.40 will have in game messaging! (possibly means in game XMB)...​

In a recent interview with MCV UK, Ray Maguire of SCEUK revealed some very interesting information regarding the PlayStation 3. The PlayStation 3 has sold over a million units in the UK and has sold faster than the PSOne and PS2. He also revealed that PS3 Firmware 2.40 will include "in-game communication" and is expected in the summer. You read right, he mentioned Firmware 2.40!

Ray Maguire said:

"Achieving one million PS3 sales faster than both PSOne and PlayStation 2 is even more gratifying considering PS3 is a premium product introduced at a premium price.

Our momentum will continue with the introduction of in-game communication in the summer, firmware update 2.4 and the strongest line-up of games through our third party partners and our own studios. I d personally like to thank our trade and business partners for helping us on the start of the PS3 journey."

Robin

That is very exciting. Once we get in game messaging/XMB there wont be any reason to say that xbox live is better than the PSN.

I guess part of it was my bone head forgot that I can't play 360 RSV2 online and download the firm on the PS3 at the same time. Conveniently though, Xbl decided to do "maintenance" on the servers so after I realized that the PS3 download worked so I went to bed... It's updated now.

Now my problem is where you download this MGS4 demo... :grumpy:

The MGO beta is only downloadable in Europe. In the states, you have to preorder the game and you receive a code that allows you to download the game.

According to the US PlayStation Blog, v2.35 is "a relatively minor update to improve stability of some PS3 titles." Probably not too important

I hope it fixes youtube in the browser, and i think its about time we got a flash update

From what I can tell it is nothing that is noticeable. Stability is probably a way to say, stopping pirates.

As for a Flash update, we are way overdue. You Tube is the only Flash application that still works on mine. The Wii Browser is two versions behind as well. I wonder what the issue is with Flash updates on consoles.

From what I can tell it is nothing that is noticeable. Stability is probably a way to say, stopping pirates.

As for a Flash update, we are way overdue. You Tube is the only Flash application that still works on mine. The Wii Browser is two versions behind as well. I wonder what the issue is with Flash updates on consoles.

I agree on flash/browser update. Alot of sites prompt me to update flash player, or that 'browser is not supported'... I would like a console that can do everything. Wasn't that the plan with PS3? I noticed this a.m. that by clicking Playstation3 in Bookmarks section of Toolbar opens an interface I've not seen before. Youtube, Twitter,Blog,etc...

What I really want is for Netflix's Instant Viewing system to work with my PS3, but I get "Your OS is not supported" if I try to use it.

I wonder what the issue is with Flash updates on consoles.
I wish I knew as well.

YouTube thankfully doesn't require a Flash 9 plug-in, but most other sites do these days. :ouch:

At least we can still download the videos and play them back... just no streaming off the web.

Considering how much of an out cry there is for a Flash update on this and other devices, you would think someone would have figured out why it hasn't happened.. or maybe someone has and it's just not widely known?

I wonder if any of the PS3 hacker/mod sites have figured out why it has not been updated already and/or how to update the Flash plug-in your own?

Considering how much of an out cry there is for a Flash update on this and other devices,
The "other devices" comment reminds me that a guy I work with has an iPhone and he says they are stuck on Flash 7 too.

Mayhaps some investigating is needed.

Back