NASCAR Series has shut down.

• Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 298 comments
RACE PREVIEW: GTP DAYTONA 250
Time - Room Opens 7pm GMT - free practise and qualifying; race 8pm GMT.
Race Length - 100 Laps (250 Miles)
Special Prize - JGTC Nissan Xanavi NISMO Z (Premium)

5415929960_9e34614aa4.jpg

After the fireworks in the Shootout - it's time for the season opener proper. The GTP DAYTONA 250 is the first points-paying race of the year, and with it brings a lot of variables into action we didn't see in the shootout. Drafting - do you hit the front, or fall back to keep out of trouble? Do you have someone to draft with? How do you manage fuel and tyres? How many stops will you need? Will you run dry on Lap 99? Of course there is also the drivers, who will be tested mentally and physically by the demands of 100 laps at 200mph in close quarter pack racing. The prize of a Premium Nissan Fairlady JGTC is the reward for victory, but everyone who crosses the line after 100 laps has achieved something as well. Good luck to all, and pull those belts tight one more time!

I should be able to make it now. Just remind me of plate restrictions please as mine is still set for 800+ bhp.

502hp. There still maybe a couple spare entry slots as well by the way.

Last edited:
I don't think the time is going to be good for me and I may have connection issues again so I want to withdraw from the league. Give my spot to someone else here before the first race so they can have a chance in the points. Thanks.

MrMulsanne
502hp. There still maybe a couple spare entry slots as well by the way.

I already have my name down mate, one of the first. Not raced much but been keeping an eye on developments. Good work by the way :)

I'm ready for this.:D
I just got to avoid any wrecks that might happen in the first ten laps and then push someone and get away.:)

I'm going to watch the replay tonight to get all the data for led laps compiled. I should have results posted tomorrow, at the latest.

That race sucked; some do not know how to bump draft and cause spins; 100 laps too long; I ended up running out of gas despite 3 pitstops?

And don't expect bump draft if you can't keep your car steady.

And 4 left the race early and really only 3 finished; my last stop (3rd) was for fuel and it didn't even give me any?

Congrats to the winner.

I don't know if I'l be back fulltime in this series.

BlacqueJacques
That race sucked; some do not know how to bump draft and cause spins; 100 laps too long; I ended up running out of gas despite 3 pitstops?

And don't expect bump draft if you can't keep your car steady.

And 4 left the race early and really only 3 finished; my last stop (3rd) was for fuel and it didn't even give me any?

Congrats to the winner.

I don't know if I'l be back fulltime in this series.

Seconded. It was like half the field were rookies and had no idea. We had a good thing going blaque till we caught others up, then they just ruined what we were up to by trying to race us.

Should have realised though saw no mics allowed due to people working together. Isn't that what daytona is mostly about till the last half a lap ???

Won't Be back for this, sorry, real disappointment.

Plus, if you're serious about it, then you have to have yellow flags as well. You say you make a mistake, you live with it. Well I didnt make one, yet got spun three times. Suppose I have to live with others mistakes as well in that case.

Of course I use the word 'mistakes' fairly loosely. Some need to learn that you are allowed to take you foot off the gas the run you are getting may cause trouble.

Vent over, I think.

Cool down guys...

I was not impressed with the guy in Gamestop Camry MunoNioula - he didn't seem to know what he was doing.

I was stepping off all the time, and @ BlacquesJacques... I was 2 laps from running out of fuel as well and my tyres were shot, thats why I soun you with 3 to go. I think everyone except that Gamestop Camry was doing fine. We'll see. Round 2 is two weeks at Indianapolis, and that demands an entirely different driving style, so it could make thing different.

And last time I put mics on obn my own room - horrendous lag that sent everone spinning. However if people do want mics, we'll see in time Round 3 at Daytona. It was a good race, and I have to say that for the first 10 laps everyone was pretty good.

I just got done watching the entire replay, and to be honest, it looked like GTP_Mouliouna (?) in the GameStop Camry was responsible for almost every major accident on the track. It looked like he was using a controller (and not very well, at that) instead of a wheel, as every turn he made was very erratic, leading to a lot of contact on the track.

BlacqueJack, I did notice that you took a pretty light fuel load on your second stop with about 38 laps to go. You came out with about half a tank, which was never going to make it 38 laps to the end.

The biggest thing that caused people problems is that they were too busy jockeying for position way too early in the race, instead of just settling into a nice groove and safely making laps. As for everyone else's concerns about the quality of racing, this is really just a problem at Daytona, as most of the other tracks don't allow lesser drivers to keep up as easily, especially the road courses. Just like in actual NASCAR racing, Daytona is always a luck of the draw kind of event. At least show up for the race at Indy, and see how you feel after that race.

As for the Daytona results, here they are:

1. Droptop2001gt (74 laps led) - 20 points +2 bonus points
2. RFLX-Niop (18 laps led) - 18 points +1 bonus point
3. Furinkazen - 16 points
4. GTP_BlacqueJack (1 lap led) - 14 points +1 bonus point
5. GTP_Akmuq (2 laps led) - 12 points +1 bonus point
6. GTP_Mouliouna - 11 points
7. Knelly (5 laps led) - 10 points +1 bonus point
8. Nascarfans0 - 9 points
9. DiegoC1980 - 8 points +1 bonus point**

**Because the driver (either RFLX-Niop or GTP_Akmuq, I think) that set the fastest qualifying time (49.163) left the track and came back for the start of the race, the pole was awarded to the fastest remaining player still on track, DiegoC1980.

Furinkazen, I don't know how you want to award that bonus point, but I think we definitely need to revise our qualifying procedures to make sure the fastest qualifier gets the pole and the bonus point.

I would suggest having an open practice from 7pm GMT to 7:45pm GMT. At 7:45pm, reset the room, clearing all lap times from the session. From 7:45pm right up until 8pm should be the proper qualifying session, with everyone present to go for the pole at one time. This gives everyone as much or little time to practice as they want, but gives everyone the same 15 minutes to make a fast lap for the pole.

Point Standings after event 1:

1. Droptop2001gt - 22 points
2. RFLX-Niop - 19 points
4. GTP_BlacqueJack - 15 points
5. GTP_Akmuq - 13 points
6. Knelly - 11 points
8. DiegoC1980 - 9 points

I just got done watching the entire replay, and to be honest, it looked like GTP_Mouliouna (?) in the GameStop Camry was responsible for almost every major accident on the track. It looked like he was using a controller (and not very well, at that) instead of a wheel, as every turn he made was very erratic, leading to a lot of contact on the track.

BlacqueJack, I did notice that you took a pretty light fuel load on your second stop with about 38 laps to go. You came out with about half a tank, which was never going to make it 38 laps to the end.

The biggest thing that caused people problems is that they were too busy jockeying for position way too early in the race, instead of just settling into a nice groove and safely making laps. As for everyone else's concerns about the quality of racing, this is really just a problem at Daytona, as most of the other tracks don't allow lesser drivers to keep up as easily, especially the road courses. Just like in actual NASCAR racing, Daytona is always a luck of the draw kind of event. At least show up for the race at Indy, and see how you feel after that race.

As for the Daytona results, here they are:

1. Droptop2001gt (74 laps led) - 20 points +2 bonus points
2. RFLX-Niop (18 laps led) - 18 points +1 bonus point
4. GTP_BlacqueJack (1 lap led) - 14 points +1 bonus point
5. GTP_Akmuq (2 laps led) - 12 points +1 bonus point
7. Knelly (5 laps led) - 10 points +1 bonus point
9. DiegoC1980 - 8 points +1 bonus point**

**Because the driver (either RFLX-Niop or GTP_Akmuq, I think) that set the fastest qualifying time (49.163) left the track and came back for the start of the race, the pole was awarded to the fastest remaining player still on track, DiegoC1980.

Furinkazen, I don't know how you want to award that bonus point, but I think we definitely need to revise our qualifying procedures to make sure the fastest qualifier gets the pole and the bonus point.

I would suggest having an open practice from 7pm GMT to 7:45pm GMT. At 7:45pm, reset the room, clearing all lap times from the session. From 7:45pm right up until 8pm should be the proper qualifying session, with everyone present to go for the pole at one time. This gives everyone as much or little time to practice as they want, but gives everyone the same 15 minutes to make a fast lap for the pole.

Point Standings after event 1:

1. Droptop2001gt - 22 points
2. RFLX-Niop - 19 points
4. GTP_BlacqueJack - 15 points
5. GTP_Akmuq - 13 points
6. Knelly - 11 points
8. DiegoC1980 - 9 points

Thank you very much MustangRyan, I reckon overeagerness was to blame... big race... 100 laps... 1st race as well. Muoniala is barred now.

As the attendance was the same as the Friday test, I might move the series to a Friday Night - if people can join then.

For qualifying, the answer might be to open the room at 7pm GMT as usual, but start the event earlier - maybe 7:30? Then there no waiting around.

i used a controller managing to bump draft with furinkazen, then mionula wrecked me out of contention, 3 laps down, then server disconnection. The worst race possible 4 me.

Probably should have stayed on track and taken pole position then. I had quit to the lounge to make sure my car hadn't lost power.(just had an oil change).
Anyways Indy will be much better. There is only 1 fast way through the corners and if you hit the wall, most likely you will lose draft.:) Bump draft will not be a important. I'd say it might get you a second here as oppose to almost 3 at Daytona.

If you do it on Friday nights, I won't be able to attend, as I usually don't get home from work until about 9-10pm GMT. Saturday is my best day.

Latest Posts

Back