NASCAR Series has shut down.

• Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 298 comments
I'm having connection issues, I can't stay connected to your lounge for more than 60 seconds......I tried restarting my router and stuff and I still can't do it. I guess I'm a no go.

I really wanted to use this race to get acquainted with how you guys race and all.

Congrats to Niop on winning my 0.005 of a second! Full Results and photos to come tomorrow.

Thanks for the prize MrMulsanne. And maybe I found a draft partner with Mustang Ryan, I'll push him around Daytona all day long if he'll let me. lol

What a good race yesterday. Gutted with the end result but that's racing. Very good comeback by niop after I tried to push blackjack away from everyone.

Results coming up soon.

You guys were running 48.3 second laps by the way, yet when I hung back early I logged a 46.7- that is seriously quick for restricted race.

Thanks for the prize MrMulsanne. And maybe I found a draft partner with Mustang Ryan, I'll push him around Daytona all day long if he'll let me. lol
Deal. :cheers:

We turned at least 5 laps in a row around 46.6-46.8 when we ran down the leaders. That's some of the absolute best bump-drafting I've ever been on the front side of. 👍

Nice racing with everyone yesterday 👍.

Akmuq did a great job bump drafting after the few wrecks (I could see in my mirror:sly:) that took place behind us.

I thought I had first; but NIOP nipped me at the checkered flag:tup:

I thought about making my car as wide as possible, but did not want to cause a wreck right at the end.

So, 2nd place is alright:)

Deal. :cheers:

We turned at least 5 laps in a row around 46.6-46.8 when we ran down the leaders. That's some of the absolute best bump-drafting I've ever been on the front side of. 👍

We were running some serious fast laps. I was just gonna pass you and continue on, but then I saw how far the leaders were and decided I better try and work with you. Sure glad I did. :sly:

And BlacqueJacques ,I thought you won it, I had to wait and see the results lol. I think Akmuq gave me a tiny push as he cut to the outside, I think that's what did it for me.

And BlacqueJacques ,I thought you won it, I had to wait and see the results lol. I think Akmuq gave me a tiny push as he cut to the outside, I think that's what did it for me.

No I was trying to go for it myself, but you pulled up and hit me and then I hit the wall. I probably deserved it for trying.:sly:
I don't think it will be that close next week, with pit stops and all.
Just so you all know, that Nismo Z is mine!:sly:

Apologies for the delay, but here are the Official Results from Saturday's Shootout.

00shootout.jpg

Hell of a close finish to the 20 lap race.

And here is the current entry list for Saturday's Daytona 250, the season opener proper:

nascar01.jpg

XWCp9.jpg

OFFICIAL Budweiser Shootout Results:

1. #24 RFLX_Niop
2. #14 GTP_BlacqueJack
3. #42 GTP_Akmuq
4. #20 Droptop2001gt
5. #11 Furinkazen
6. #20 GTP_leowan731
7. #99 Nascarfans0
8. #42 DiegoC1980

Last edited:
Please confirm what time will the Daytona 250 race room will open? When does the time change happen ('spring forward one hour' ) in Britain?

I do not want to miss start time here on Canada's West Coast.

Right now 7 pm GMT start time, is Noon, Pacific Daylight Time

We need to think in a way or procedure to do the pit stops during the race, for example start running in the inside since a lap before the entry, so no one is going to be on our left at the pit entry – I think this will help us to avoid accidents. (hoping no one will make a last second call)

DiegoC1980

We need to think in a way or procedure to do the pit stops during the race, for example start running in the inside since a lap before the entry, so no one is going to be on our left at the pit entry – I think this will help us to avoid accidents. (hoping no one will make a last second call)

DiegoC1980

People should be responsible for making their own smart decisions when it comes to entering pit road. No one should try to veer down at the last second if they aren't already on the bottom line.

I'm much more concerned with how people are going to come OUT of pit road. There is a thick double yellow line that indicates where it is legal to blend back on to the race track.

XlZcI.jpg

Once the thick double line has ended, it is safe to blend back up on to the race track (the car in the image would be on the wrong side of the line had he just exited pit road), provided that traffic is clear behind you. Hopefully everyone will use this double yellow line as a guide, along with their rear view mirrors and common sense.

On the lap I pit I will go below the yellow line on the back stretch for a few seconds and move up. Coming out the pits it is advisable to stay below that double yellow line. You can merge providing it is safe after that. Just to note merging in corners is a bit of a stupid thing to do, so either merge before turn 1, or come up to speed and merge on the backstretch.

Back