RKM Motorsport - Tuned Tuners - May '13

The Aston Martin DB9, a very pretty car, but never performed quite very in GT5. Sure, it's good for cruising and looking good, but it has never really had the power or grip to match its rivals.
(Tested on TGTT, car used had 624hp due to lack of money)
I hardly ever see anyone use it in online races and now I know why. Although it is fun to drive and hard to coax into a slide, even with 624hp, it couldn't make up ground through the corners. It rolled a lot, reacted ponderously, and couldn't stop quick enough. Though there was a lot of grip, it would understeer if you try anything remotely ambitious through the bends. Its fastest lap of the three was a 1:09.5. Not bad, But hardly impressive either.

RKM settings applied, off for 3 more laps. It has improved by quite a bit. It reacts quicker in the bends and hardly ever punishes you for mistakes. In fact, it turns any mistake you make into huge, controllable powerslides. But if you stop fooling around, it can be a very serious racer. Its forgiving character of never punishing you means you can always go faster, always pushing the car further, quicker than last lap. It is insanely easy to drive, but without sacrificing speed. The body roll has been eliminated, and replaced with a very stiff chassis that actually likes corners. In fact, it's very easy to catch some air when taking the last turn on the TGTT as you drop 2 wheels into the grass. In the three laps, my fastest time was 1:08.3.
So, even though with the addition of the wing, it isn't as pretty as the stock car, it more than makes up for it by being so much fun and so easy to drive.

The Aston Martin DB9, a very pretty car, but never performed quite very in GT5. Sure, it's good for cruising and looking good, but it has never really had the power or grip to match its rivals.
(Tested on TGTT, car used had 624hp due to lack of money)
I hardly ever see anyone use it in online races and now I know why. Although it is fun to drive and hard to coax into a slide, even with 624hp, it couldn't make up ground through the corners. It rolled a lot, reacted ponderously, and couldn't stop quick enough. Though there was a lot of grip, it would understeer if you try anything remotely ambitious through the bends. Its fastest lap of the three was a 1:09.5. Not bad, But hardly impressive either.

RKM settings applied, off for 3 more laps. It has improved by quite a bit. It reacts quicker in the bends and hardly ever punishes you for mistakes. In fact, it turns any mistake you make into huge, controllable powerslides. But if you stop fooling around, it can be a very serious racer. Its forgiving character of never punishing you means you can always go faster, always pushing the car further, quicker than last lap. It is insanely easy to drive, but without sacrificing speed. The body roll has been eliminated, and replaced with a very stiff chassis that actually likes corners. In fact, it's very easy to catch some air when taking the last turn on the TGTT as you drop 2 wheels into the grass. In the three laps, my fastest time was 1:08.3.
So, even though with the addition of the wing, it isn't as pretty as the stock car, it more than makes up for it by being so much fun and so easy to drive.

Thanks for the review! You hit the nail on the head with the DB9 review. It's just a calm and collected race car for people who dont want to spend every lap sideways. :P

The Civic Type R is often named as one of the best hot hatchbacks. But, I have to admit, I was never really a fan of it, nor was I a fan of the people who bought and used it in online races. The majority of people who drive this car online have the manners of a baboon when you try to pass.(no offense to anyone who does drive it, it's just personal experiences) And you would pass them, cuz the car, tuned or not, wasn't that fast.
(Tested on TGTT)
Having just bought and driven one, I now know why it was so slow. It just couldn't get its power down. It would understeer, and understeer and then just rip its front tyres up in a cloud of smoke. It can take a slow corner very well, but take it any faster that 100mph, and it will just protest and give up. The mazda MX5 I reviewed a while back did a lap of the TGTT in 1:20.0, the Civic, with nearly twice the power, did a 1:19.8, just beating the MX5 by 0.2 of a second. This car is the perfect example of the phrase 'power is nothing without control'.

Again, RKM settings applied, and again, out for a few more laps. Well, it still understeers, but it isn't as severe as before. It still handles unpredictably, but it isn't going to kill you if you misinterpret its movements. But it still doesn't feel, or go like 400hp should. But a laptime of 1:17.016 isn't bad is it, compared to the normal one's lap of 1:19.8. Most of it is down to one thing, it now gives the driver more confidence. It actually reacts on turn-in, there isn't as much pondering as there was in the normal car.
So, overall, although it doesn't go as quickly as 400 hp should, it is still a lot more drivable than the normal one. But I can't be sure whether I'll be taking it online for serious races though. I still haven't learned how to get the most out of it.

Elite Supercar Showdown
Trial Mountain hosts four of the top supercars in a battle royale, the winner receiving a fresh Matte Red paint job

Day 1: Fresh out of the Dealer

Enzo GT: 639 HP, 1255 kg, 580 PP, Sports Hard Tires
Best Lap Time: 1:39.227
Thoughts: Being a wide, low, MR car, I figured this thing would corner pretty well. I figured wrong. Corner speeds were down where I've been running other cars with comfort soft tires, not sure if it's because this car feels 3 Fiat's wide. Too make up for those slow corner speeds was the engine, too powerful for the hard tires, it was barking 3rd and 4th on the level straights, but it was crazy fast once it caught. Not a bad ride, but it can't be great when it's so slow through the corners that the Impreza was pulling away.

Murcielago LP 780 SV: 641 HP, 1565 kg, 571 PP, Sports Hard Tires
Best Lap Time: 1:37.892
Thoughts: This car is almost the complete package. Pretty good speed on the straights, pretty good speed through the corners, and a nice solid pull when hitting the throttle thanks to the 4WD system. This car did have one glaring weakness: corner entrances. It seemed like every time I touched the brakes, I could hear the tires squeal, and by time I was hitting my corner speed the car was sliding and twitching as I fought to at least get it pointed the right way. Corner transitions were just as bad, as quick direction changes in the S turns are definitely not this car's specialty. As long as you were able to control the corner entrance, however, this car was superb.

McLaren F1: 608 HP, 1140 kg, 607 PP, Sports Hard Tires
Best Lap Time: 1:39.300
Thoughts: This car could hold it's own in the corners, but was it very difficult to go full throttle without tire spin. The gearing on this car is bizzarre, with 2nd gear lasting 'till about 100 mph, and 3rd going to 140. As tall as it was, it still didn't help prevent the engine from killing the tires. A very agile and responsive car in the corners, though, and braking was nice and consistant.

Ford GT 600: 533 HP, 1451 kg, 562 PP, Sports Hard Tires
Best Lap Time: 1:38.742
Thoughts: Fast, but not amazingly so. Decent cornering speed. Solid brakes. This car's strength is that it is so stable, you really need to try to lose control. Sure footed through the corner from brake marker to full throttle, with very little full throttle wheel spin, the GT was comfortable and fast as a package, even if it doesn't truely impress in any particular area.

Speed: Enzo---F1---Murcielago---GT
Cornering: F1---Murcielago---GT---Enzo
Braking: F1---GT---Enzo---Murcielago
Stability: Murcielago---GT---Enzo---F1
Overall-Lap Time: Murcielago---GT---Enzo---F1
Overall-Fun factor: GT---Murcielago---F1---Enzo

Day 2: Got the parts, too lazy to change settings
Note: This has turned into a pair of two-car shootouts, as the Ford and McLaren are set up on Sports Softs, while the Ferrari and Lamborghini have been maxxed out and put on soft slicks. I think the Italian cars felt threatened...

Enzo GT: 896 HP, 1044 kg, 642 PP, Race Soft Tires
Best Lap Time: 1:26.546
Thoughts: Welcome to Ferrari Airlines, takeoff time will be as soon as you get to a bump on the road. This car is crazy fast, which meant I was getting full air off of the hill at the end of the back straight, and at least two tires off the ground on any other bump. Aside from that, the brakes worked very well, and the tires were able to keep pretty good traction on the gas, as expected with good rubber. I was still disappointed in the car's cornering ability, as the corners still felt really slow compared to what I'd expect with this car on race softs. Did I mention how fast it is, though?

Murcielago LP 780 SV: 813 HP, 1268 kg, 632 PP, Race Soft Tires
Best Lap Time: 1:22.947
Thoughts: Traction is key to going fast, and this car is all about the traction. With all four wheels putting the 800+ horses to use, this car is sure-footed and quick. Given that much traction, it's easy to be much more aggressive on the gas through corners, and shred the track. Mid-corner speed was pretty good as well, the car's sole weakness being the entrance slide when late braking, a problem which carried over from the stock version.

McLaren F1: 639 HP, 970 kg, 633 PP, Sports Soft Tires
Best Lap Time: 1:29.749
Thoughts: The Eddie Haskall of supercars, the F1 is amazingly docile and controllable on the brakes and through the corners. You think you're in for a nice easy race, then BAM! there's goes the back tires in a cloud of smoke because you hit the gas too hard. A fun ride, though.

Ford GT 600: 623 HP, 1203 kg, 607 PP, Sports Soft Tires
Best Lap Time: 1:30.384
Thoughts: This is a tremendously well-behaved car. Smooth on the brakes, decent mid-corner spped, solid on the throttle, and very nice all-around car.

Slicks: Murcielago still gets my nod over the Enzo. While the pony may have pure speed, the bull has control.
Sports: The F1 gets the nod due to the tremendous corner speeds for a car on sports tires. It may be easier to make a mistake with the F1, but it has an edge over the Ford when the chips are down and the lap times count.

Day 3: RKM Tune completed, 5 lap first impression

Enzo GT: 898 HP, 1044 kg, 643 PP, Race Soft Tires
Best Lap Time: 1:25.304
Thoughts: What a well mannered beast this is starting to turn into. Much better behaved on the gas, with corner speeds just north of "acceptable", and solid braking, while still keeping that crazy-fast feeling of before. I was able to keep a nice steady string of clean corners going, from entrance to exit. The only part of the track I had a hard time getting through was the straight... this car still wanted to fly over the hill on the back straight, ruining my corner entrance. Driver error, easily fixed with a few more laps.

Murcielago LP 780 SV: 815 HP, 1268 kg, 630 PP, Race Soft Tires
Best Lap Time: 1:22.864
Thoughts: This supercar just keeps getting better. The traction on the 4WD with race softs is not surprising, but the corner speed and handling are. There's no longer any surprises on the brakes, and the transitions have become smoother and quicker. This is an easy car to drive fast, and behaves beautifully, even when recovering from driver error.

McLaren F1: 641 HP, 970 kg, 636 PP, Sports Soft Tires
Best Lap Time: 1:30.049
Thoughts: Maybe I shouldn't have gone right to this car after the Murcielago. I had some issues keeping the car straight on exits, hitting the gas a bit too early. The car is now better about handling the early take-off, but as they say, you can't fix stupid. Driver errors aside, the car feels nicely planted through 90% of the track, taking corners at very good speeds, braking nicely, and having some good power under the hood. The other 10% is, of course, the driver error of hitting it too hard, too early, in low speed corners. Gotta work on that (I know, it's become a theme in all my reviews of the high HP RWD cars. Maybe I'll do hatchbacks next...)

Ford GT 600: 624 HP, 1203 kg, 610 PP, Sports Soft Tires
Best Lap Time: 1:29.123
Thoughts: With most supercars, it seems the focus of the tune is to make the power controllable, and calm the beast a bit. The Ford was a bit too docile, so this tune wakes it up with a swift kick in the tenders. Still controllable, the GT to hit the track much more aggressively, with much more bite in the take-off. The cornering is still pretty nice, and the braking controlled, but it just felt like it was screaming for speed, instead of just accepting the pace you gave it. Very nice change.

Slicks: Murcielago remains the top dog over the Enzo as the better car, though the Enzo has seen much more improvement, as the stock Lamborghini started from a much better place than the Ferrari.
Sports: Too close to call. The F1 still has the corners, but the new attitude of the GT on the gas evens it out. Further testing is required.

Day 4: One final shootout: A couple more runs at Trial Mountain

Enzo GT
Best Lap: 1:23.792

Murcielago LP 780 SV
Best Lap: 1:21.877

SP1 Maybelline (A late entrant by team Ferrari, the judges allowed the car in based off of VTiRoj's new settings and Ferrari's insistance that they deserved as many spots as they wanted)
Best Lap: 1:24.269

Speed: Enzo---Murcielago---SP1
Enzo GT by a small margin, but the Ezno's biggest strength also caused the biggest weakness... getting airborn at the most inopportune times. The SP1 was down on HP from the get-go, and couldn't keep up, though the new tuning specs did help me shave a couple tenths off my previous review time.
Cornering: SP1---Murcielago---Enzo
The SP1 cornered like it was on rails... very fast rails, cornering faster than either other car in any turn. The Murcielago wasn't too far behind, both cars being able to comfortably hold very nice corner speeds. The Enzo trailed by a fair margin, as it just didn't want to hold a corner at the speeds I'd hoped for.
Braking: Enzo---SP1---Murcielago
Enzo GT by quite a bit. Well, OK, maybe the SP1 was close, but didn't have to cope with nearly the same speed, so I can't give it too much credit. The Enzo was pretty good on the brakes, both stable and responsive, while the Murcielago kept going into a 4-wheel drift if you were on the brakes at the corner entrance. Although this led to some good times through the corner, not necessarily a desireable quality.
Stability: Murcielago---SP1---Enzo
The Murcielago and SP1 again have a wide margin here, as the 4-wheel system of the Murcielago was responsive, stable, and recovered easily from mistakes, and the SP1 was just about as nice to drive, while the Enzo still needed a bit of touch to keep the rear in line.
Overall-Lap Time: Murcielago---Enzo---SP1
Mucielago by a couple seconds, with the corner speed trumping the straight line speed of the Enzo. Every lap after the first in the Lamborghini was faster than my best Enzo time. The SP1 lagged behind, though considering the HP difference, a half second gap behind the Enzo tells the tale of it's handling and corner speed.
Overall-Fun factor: Murcielago---SP1---Enzo
Murcielago wins this one as well, as the cars biggest weakness, the entrance slide on the brakes, also produced some awesomely fun and fast corners. The SP1 was just smooth, while the Enzo's weaknesses in cornering and staying planted provided the biggest frustrations of the three.

McLaren F1
Best Lap: 1:28.807

Ford GT600
Best Lap: 1:29.044

Speed: The F1 edges the GT here, thanks to more horses and less weight.
Cornering: I'll give the F1 the edge here as well. Both cars took the low speed corners pretty well, but the F1 really shined on the high speed corners and S-turn transitions.
Braking: Too close to call, but if I had to decide, I'd give the F1 the advantage thanks to it's lighter weight, but both cars are very stable on the brakes, and dove into corners late very well.
Stability: The GT gets the nod here. The F1 was a very twitchy car on the throttle, and mistakes were difficult to recover from, while the GT was sure-footed and easily corrected turning a mistake into nothing more than a brief puff of tire smoke.
Overall-Lap Time: The F1 edges the GT again, though a two tenths difference is not a lot. Although I did get a better top time in the F1, the GT was much easier to hold good consistent times, and my full race times were better in the GT. If you find that perfect groove, the F1 will take the checkered flag, but if you're not perfect, the GT will finish better overall.
Overall-Fun factor: Again, too close to call. Both these cars are tremendous. The F1 gets a nod for being challenging without being annoying, while the GT gets a nod for being steady and fast.

And the winner is...
The Murcielago comes out on top of the "Slick" group, thanks to it's terrific combination of power and handling. However, the Murcielago started from a pretty happy place. I've got to give the Enzo tune massive credit for getting a handle on a difficult car and making it both fast and driveable. The SP1 was improved from it's previous state, but didn't have the power to compete with the big dogs.
The "Sport" class was tough to call. Both cars are tuned well, and they both have their strengths and weaknesses. I think, given equal drivers in these cars, you would see a lot of close racing. Since I have to decide a winner (if not, this would be a carppy shootout), I'd give the Ford the nod, as it seems to suit my driving style much better than the F1, and I tend to value consistancy over the occasional fast lap.

Overall, I've got to give the Matte Red paint to the Murcielago as the best overall car. Yes, it had the advantage over the GT with the race slicks and extra parts, and if I could, they'd both get the Matte treatment, but I've only got one.

4th Place: Enzo GT: A much improved car, the tune made a huge difference.
Enzo.jpg

3rd Place: McLaren F1: Perhaps faster than the GT in the hands of a better driver.
F1.jpg

2nd Place: Ford GT 600: A tremendous all-around car, fast and consistant.
GT.jpg

Shootout winner: Murcielago LP 780 SV: You know it's a great tune when you can use it's biggest weakness to go faster.
Murcielago.jpg

The Civic Type R is often named as one of the best hot hatchbacks. But, I have to admit, I was never really a fan of it, nor was I a fan of the people who bought and used it in online races. The majority of people who drive this car online have the manners of a baboon when you try to pass.(no offense to anyone who does drive it, it's just personal experiences) And you would pass them, cuz the car, tuned or not, wasn't that fast.
(Tested on TGTT)
Having just bought and driven one, I now know why it was so slow. It just couldn't get its power down. It would understeer, and understeer and then just rip its front tyres up in a cloud of smoke. It can take a slow corner very well, but take it any faster that 100mph, and it will just protest and give up. The mazda MX5 I reviewed a while back did a lap of the TGTT in 1:20.0, the Civic, with nearly twice the power, did a 1:19.8, just beating the MX5 by 0.2 of a second. This car is the perfect example of the phrase 'power is nothing without control'.

Again, RKM settings applied, and again, out for a few more laps. Well, it still understeers, but it isn't as severe as before. It still handles unpredictably, but it isn't going to kill you if you misinterpret its movements. But it still doesn't feel, or go like 400hp should. But a laptime of 1:17.016 isn't bad is it, compared to the normal one's lap of 1:19.8. Most of it is down to one thing, it now gives the driver more confidence. It actually reacts on turn-in, there isn't as much pondering as there was in the normal car.
So, overall, although it doesn't go as quickly as 400 hp should, it is still a lot more drivable than the normal one. But I can't be sure whether I'll be taking it online for serious races though. I still haven't learned how to get the most out of it.
Thanks for the review! The turbo hurts the car the most. The non-turbo version with the same suspension settings is much more responsive and not that much slower.
Elite Supercar Showdown
Thanks for the supercar shootout! The laptimes pretty much back up what you said. The Murcielago just runs off and doesnt need to look back, which I guess comes natural from a Lamborghini tuned to such an extent. :lol: The Enzo and SP1 do themselves proud but there's that feeling that a Scuderia would mop the floor with the both of them. :P The F1 and the GT make a suprisingly good pair. The McLaren is faster but the GT is much more stable.

REVIEW: Juliet

Someone call up Shakespeare to write me in as Romeo...I think I love Juliet!

As someone with decent skill at best and who uses the Sixaxis rather than a wheel, I tend to steer clear of MR machines. I find I lack the finesse required to keep them in line using just my thumbs. That said, I spent a good chunk of time on the Top Gear Test Track trying to win gold in their intermediate event and plenty of time with my own "Saffron Devil" in the British Lightweight events as well. The devil is good friends with every cone and wall in the UK, let me tell you!

Originally I had wanted to use her for the current seasonal at SSR5 but she is a bit too trim for that. Rather than ask her to put on weight, she sat in the garage watching, waiting, biding her time to show me the results of her makeover. It was quite worth it.

Confidence-inspiring has never been a word to describe an MR in my world, for previously mentioned reasons. Fear and anxiety, sure. Confidence, not so much. Until now.

Juliet and I had our first date at the TGTT and I've never before had the pleasure of driving an MR quite this well behaved in the corners. Previously, if I did not come in to Chicago annoyingly slow I would end up sliding tail first into the cones or, at best, hanging my rear end into them. Juliet attacks much quicker and with exponentially more control. She will stay planted at a much higher speed and if she does start to kick out it is much more gradual and easy to control; a quick tap and she is back on target rather than floundering around seeking grip. Oh sure, she will still slap you around if you treat her badly but if you are thrashing her hard enough to get to that point you probably deserve it. I did find her to be slightly twitchy in the straights and I am not sure why. I did eventally work that out and we were able to get in sync.

Coming off Hammerhead and down through the tires was almost an otherworldly experience. Back when she was the "Saffron Devil" I had to bite my lip and hope I could make it through without finding the grass and the invisiwall beyond. With her maturity she was able to fly gracefully through slowing only slightly for the last two corners.

And the sound...intoxicating! She is the complete package for me, both aesthetics and performance: a bit of aggression with just enough refinement. The conservatively dressed librarian with the wire-rimmed glasses and hair in a bun who lets it down cliff diving on the weekend!

All in all it was a heck of a first date. She has become quite the lady, less the demon to me than she will be to the competition. We managed a 1:15.2xx in a scant 10-15 minutes. Perhaps not her full potential but with my current skill level still quite good I think. As much fun as I had on this drive we are certain to spend much more time together learning and becoming a well-oiled machine if you will.

Thank you much to Roj. Fantastic work on this tune! You've set off a spark and gave me a smile with this one. I am eager to try more!

A quick check though. Are the alignment settings intended to be for toe out (in-game negative, as shown)? Not questioning your experience, of course. Just that I see more talk of setting toe in than out and I wanted to be sure. Again, thanks for the fun. 👍

Last edited:
Someone call up Shakespeare to write me in as Romeo...I think I love Juliet!

A quick check though. Are the alignment settings intended to be for toe out (in-game negative, as shown)? Not questioning your experience, of course. Just that I see more talk of setting toe in than out and I wanted to be sure. Again, thanks for the fun. 👍
Unfortunately you've angered the real Romeo and he's going to impale you on his spoiler for this, but whilst you're still alive, thanks for the review! I'm glad you love Juliet, although it is slightly worrying. :P Have fun on your future dates! :sly:

And to answer your question, the settings are written as they are written in GT5. So -0.10 is supposed to be -0.10 in the setup screen, not -0.10 in real life terminology. 👍

Any progress on the RUF yet? Or are u still busy?

Not yet. I've got college deadlines incoming and GT5 has to take a backseat to them. I'll PM you once I've got progress on it. 👍

Ok, so I got myself some cash to spend and thought I would buy a car that you had tuned already. My choice was the Lexus LFA. And it was tested on Tsukuba ( my "home course" ) with the DS3. All aids off.

Fresh from the dealer, no modifications:
For some reason, I like the car in stock form. It drives ok, and I say ok because it constantly reminds you of the fact that it is a supercar with a FR layout. It oversteers on abusive throttle and on abusive brakes. With careful driving, it's lovely to drive. I managed to get a 1:02:377 lap - not awesome but not bad either.

RKM parts list fitted, stock settings:
Well, it feels much faster. It's lighter ,as such, it corners better. Although the rear still sticks out on abusive driving, the grippier tyres help keeping the car on the road. I got a lap time of 00:58:835, so it was 3.5 sec. faster.

RKM parts list fitted, RKM settings:
The main difference that I noted as of start was that the car felt "heavier". Heavier as in "more" glued to the road. I managed to get a lap time of 00:58:351. Not that impressive comparing it to the stock settings lap, but you feel the car better and it's easier to control. The lap time could've been better but I got bored of time attacking. :P

So, once again, thank you RKM Motorsport for giving us a awesome tune. :sly:

Is it safe to assume that the tunes for the GT500s NSX and Supra will work perfectly well with their other versions (ie castrol toms and raybrig nsx)?

Is it safe to assume that the tunes for the GT500s NSX and Supra will work perfectly well with their other versions (ie castrol toms and raybrig nsx)?

The NSX, yes. The Supra, no, although you're welcome to try.

Ok, so I got myself some cash to spend and thought I would buy a car that you had tuned already. My choice was the Lexus LFA. And it was tested on Tsukuba ( my "home course" ) with the DS3. All aids off.

Fresh from the dealer, no modifications:
For some reason, I like the car in stock form. It drives ok, and I say ok because it constantly reminds you of the fact that it is a supercar with a FR layout. It oversteers on abusive throttle and on abusive brakes. With careful driving, it's lovely to drive. I managed to get a 1:02:377 lap - not awesome but not bad either.

RKM parts list fitted, stock settings:
Well, it feels much faster. It's lighter ,as such, it corners better. Although the rear still sticks out on abusive driving, the grippier tyres help keeping the car on the road. I got a lap time of 00:58:835, so it was 3.5 sec. faster.

RKM parts list fitted, RKM settings:
The main difference that I noted as of start was that the car felt "heavier". Heavier as in "more" glued to the road. I managed to get a lap time of 00:58:351. Not that impressive comparing it to the stock settings lap, but you feel the car better and it's easier to control. The lap time could've been better but I got bored of time attacking. :P

So, once again, thank you RKM Motorsport for giving us a awesome tune. :sly:

Yeah it's hard to actually improve upon it when all it's really lacking is downforce. Thanks for the review!

Wow I just bought the 2000 Ford Falcon XR8 and your tune for it is amazing. I was able to pull a 1.24.079 on Trial Mountain Circuit without a single problem on the car, I even tried to get the car to loss grip by flooring it in the middle of a turn and it wouldn't budge. Simply amazing tune RKM Motorsport.

Are the GT500 supras that different one from each other?
Yeah, huge differences. The Castrol is much older than the Yellow Hat, so it'll be built for different regulations.
Wow I just bought the 2000 Ford Falcon XR8 and your tune for it is amazing. I was able to pull a 1.24.079 on Trial Mountain Circuit without a single problem on the car, I even tried to get the car to loss grip by flooring it in the middle of a turn and it wouldn't budge. Simply amazing tune RKM Motorsport.

Yeah I love it too. Just a shame we dont get road going Ford Falcon's though. :(

thanks again, just did the S2000 tune and I like it!

one thing I can't stand is the racing wing, does the downforce make that much of a difference?

My Review for the Annihilator:

Call me lucky for this. I just got this car from a ticket for completing the Expert series. And since RKM made a tune for this, I went forward to adjusting.

Pretty amazing though. All I need to spend for the tuning is a mere 25,000 credits. That goes to the medium racing tires, but since I have grinded for a bit, I decided to go all-out with all the racing tires.

Now for my views on this...

This TT-R was a champion during its time, and since it has been replaced by more conventional A4's, RKM decided to resurrect this car and let it shine brightly once again. So off to the DTC (lol, I know it's the DTM, but here in the GT world, it's called the Deutsche Tourenwagen Challenge) I go.

In the pack was the stars of yesterday, some from the modern age, and some from the golden era. Even the TT-R's own brother was right beside it (maybe it was the teammate's car?).

The race has begun, and my TT-R just plows through the entire field, crushing its rivals. Even its brother was left in the dust. Did you guys forget to tune it? But ah well, it's all about my own self in this race. At the first hairpin of the Nurburgring (I raced in GP/D, not in Cape ring nor the Nordschleife), I decided to cut a bit of the corner just to avoid the whole crowd. Seems like it's good at being driven by a drunk person.

First impressions, it seems like it gets thrown to the far outside whenever you exit a corner flat-out. Not sure if it's understeer, but it's steering feels numb. It performs like a muscle car: good on the straights but gets shamed on the corners.

But as the race progresses, the tires gets warmer, I myself probably got used to the car now. It was just that I didn't drive it the way it wanted. If you're too lead-footed, this beast annihilates you instead of your rivals. It sends itself off the road, right into the gravel trap (or worse, the wall). It's a precise car that needs a precise driver. Think of this car as a boxer who uses smart tactics instead of just ruthlessly throwing a large volley of jabs.

After 8 laps... I won with a gap of... about 13 seconds. Come to think of it, the Annihilator crushed its enemies with ease. The opponents never got the chance to catch up.

So to wrap it up... A million credits (or more) is well spent if you grap medium racing tires and get this car to be tuned by RKM. Why? Because you're now a tier higher than the rest. Just wield this like a sniper rifle instead of an LMG then you'll get your opponents to fall on their knees.

thanks again, just did the S2000 tune and I like it!

one thing I can't stand is the racing wing, does the downforce make that much of a difference?
Yes but the S2000 is good enough to run without it, so removing it wont suddenly turn it into a bad car. :)👍
In my upcoming fan fiction would I be able to promate RKM because I am using your NSX tune

Yeah go for it. :D:tup: You dont even have to ask really, we dont mind. :lol:

My review for your Audi R8 V10 tune:

The R8 is my mom's favorite sportscar. So I went ahead and bought the top of the line R8 - the R8 V10. In a white color because it's her favorite color too. :dopey:

Because of it's wild, oversteery nature, it has been collecting dust after completing the Schwarzwald League B. Then I realized that you guys at RKM made a tune for this car so I went ahead and got the settings.

Before applying the settings, I tried to see how it handles at default settings after putting all of the parts. It stays kinda the same: a bullish tire-shredder. Being powered by the heart of a Lamborghini - or a Lambo V10 to make things simpler - let's see how much of a short-tempered bull this is after applying the RKM magic.

So off I go to the Nurburgring GP/F, the F1 portion of its spiritual home (which is shared with a few other cars like the GT-R). Why? Because I'm too lazy to head to the Nordschleife. But anyway I still get to test this car.

After the mix of numbers and stuff, this car handles grippier, just the way I like it. Sure, it may still be bullish enough to kick off it's backside, but the driver now has enough power to tame it. Or which is better, use its rage as a way of tackling corners. Like what racer39658 said about the Murcielago LP780 tune, the oversteer on corner entry may be used to go through the whole turn. It's also fun, too, if not overdone.

After around 7 laps of testing, I managed to achieve my fastest lap of the session - 1:52.675. So, it still has the furious heart of the bull, but with RKM magic, you can tame it, or even take advantage of its anger.

My review for the Nissan EXA/AXE tune.

The EXA, as a stock car, is such a boring specimen that it could probably even make me fall asleep. So, when I discovered a tune you had made for the EXA, I was very intrigued by it.

I have an EXA, and it was already fully tuned (miuns downforce), but with Racing Softs rather than Sports Softs. With the Racing Softs, the car is actually pretty good, since you can throw it into the corners even without downforce, which I rather like about it. Knowing from my previous review with Juliet, which had Sports Softs that worked like a charm, I thought this would be a very sweet tune.

So I took the AXE to Road Course Indy, in the hopes that I would be having a joyous ride.

I accelerated away, then came to the corner before the banking...before being greeted with positively HUGE amounts of understeer. This understeer would plague me for the entire lap, which was a 1:52. And this absolutely kills the car.

The understeer is slightly better in online, but it's still clearly noticeable in all conditions. However, I did manage a 1:50 online, which proves that this tune is better online rather than offline. In truth though, it isn't really good in either.

OK, I do understand that it's an FF, but so is the Honda Integra and I can get rid of the understeer on that with an RM and Sports Mediums. Although that does have some downforce on it...which is probably the main reason for the understeer on this car. No downforce = worse steering.

Also, on Road Course Indy, despite the 168 mph top speed setting, it was making out at 144 down the straight...then tumbling down to 140 again. The gear ratios aren't set up brilliantly for me.

There is one redeeming quality of this tune though. I think the acceleration is actually rather nice. Even in the higher gears, in about the 120s, the acceleration is very good, but it's just too limited by the darn gear ratios! And then again, I could probably get a similar result with the original tune that I was using with Racing Softs. And that had its transmission set to 125 mph.

Overall, I think this tune has so much potential, but the understeer is so fatal that it almost breaks the tune, along with the messed up ratios. The acceleration is good, but not good enough to rescue this tune. So, I think the only good thing to do is to put the Racing Softs on again...and enjoy this car again. Sorry.

Final Score: 3/10
A promising tune ruined by horrifying levels of understeer and messed up ratios. Sorry. :(

EDIT: Any updates on the status of the tune I requested? Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
My review for your Audi R8 V10 tune:

The R8 is my mom's favorite sportscar. So I went ahead and bought the top of the line R8 - the R8 V10. In a white color because it's her favorite color too. :dopey:

Because of it's wild, oversteery nature, it has been collecting dust after completing the Schwarzwald League B. Then I realized that you guys at RKM made a tune for this car so I went ahead and got the settings.

Before applying the settings, I tried to see how it handles at default settings after putting all of the parts. It stays kinda the same: a bullish tire-shredder. Being powered by the heart of a Lamborghini - or a Lambo V10 to make things simpler - let's see how much of a short-tempered bull this is after applying the RKM magic.

So off I go to the Nurburgring GP/F, the F1 portion of its spiritual home (which is shared with a few other cars like the GT-R). Why? Because I'm too lazy to head to the Nordschleife. But anyway I still get to test this car.

After the mix of numbers and stuff, this car handles grippier, just the way I like it. Sure, it may still be bullish enough to kick off it's backside, but the driver now has enough power to tame it. Or which is better, use its rage as a way of tackling corners. Like what racer39658 said about the Murcielago LP780 tune, the oversteer on corner entry may be used to go through the whole turn. It's also fun, too, if not overdone.

After around 7 laps of testing, I managed to achieve my fastest lap of the session - 1:52.675. So, it still has the furious heart of the bull, but with RKM magic, you can tame it, or even take advantage of its anger.
That's how it's done. Unleash the bull within and use the madness to your advantage. :lol: Thanks for the review! I'm not that much of an R8 fan but I do like how it handles after tuning. The craziness it has within was just begging to be unlocked. :sly:
My review for the Nissan EXA/AXE tune.

The EXA, as a stock car, is such a boring specimen that it could probably even make me fall asleep. So, when I discovered a tune you had made for the EXA, I was very intrigued by it.

I have an EXA, and it was already fully tuned (miuns downforce), but with Racing Softs rather than Sports Softs. With the Racing Softs, the car is actually pretty good, since you can throw it into the corners even without downforce, which I rather like about it. Knowing from my previous review with Juliet, which had Sports Softs that worked like a charm, I thought this would be a very sweet tune.

So I took the AXE to Road Course Indy, in the hopes that I would be having a joyous ride.

I accelerated away, then came to the corner before the banking...before being greeted with positively HUGE amounts of understeer. This understeer would plague me for the entire lap, which was a 1:52. And this absolutely kills the car.

The understeer is slightly better in online, but it's still clearly noticeable in all conditions. However, I did manage a 1:50 online, which proves that this tune is better online rather than offline. In truth though, it isn't really good in either.

OK, I do understand that it's an FF, but so is the Honda Integra and I can get rid of the understeer on that with an RM and Sports Mediums. Although that does have some downforce on it...which is probably the main reason for the understeer on this car. No downforce = worse steering.

Also, on Road Course Indy, despite the 168 mph top speed setting, it was making out at 144 down the straight...then tumbling down to 140 again. The gear ratios aren't set up brilliantly for me.

There is one redeeming quality of this tune though. I think the acceleration is actually rather nice. Even in the higher gears, in about the 120s, the acceleration is very good, but it's just too limited by the darn gear ratios! And then again, I could probably get a similar result with the original tune that I was using with Racing Softs. And that had its transmission set to 125 mph.

Overall, I think this tune has so much potential, but the understeer is so fatal that it almost breaks the tune, along with the messed up ratios. The acceleration is good, but not good enough to rescue this tune. So, I think the only good thing to do is to put the Racing Softs on again...and enjoy this car again. Sorry.

Final Score: 3/10
A promising tune ruined by horrifying levels of understeer and messed up ratios. Sorry. :(

EDIT: Any updates on the status of the tune I requested? Thanks in advance.

I'm curious about the understeer you experienced. Are any of the settings different from ours? All the reviews for it so far havent had fatal understeer like this, so it just makes me wonder if it was a simple difference of setting or something.

As for the gearing, it's purposely set to low speed because it was made to take on tracks like Deep Forest and Trial Mountain. It only has 240bhp so tuning the gearing for long straights is a bit pointless.

Anyway thanks for the review and there's no update on the tune so far, it's a case of finding time to actually work on tunes. :yuck:

I'll check I was using. I'm pretty sure the Sports Softs were still on it though from when I bought them today...

And I'm sure the settings were the same. It wasn't completely car breaking understeer, but it was certainly noticeable. I have all of your recommended driver options apart from the transmission...I'm no good with Manual. I feel so embarrassed that I might have managed to get it wrong...but I'm sure most of the settings were correct. I am using a DS3 and my Controller Steering Sensitivity is at the default 0...

I do see where you're coming from with the tranny settings though. It's just Indy provides a good complex section combined with the fast section out, and I think the lack of speed in there ruins it a bit.

When is the next update from you guys? I need new cars!!! :D

Soonish, I'm working on a few cars to improve driving skill rather than outright speed though. There will be a FWD (undecided), RWD ('89 Miata), and AWD (undecided). All will be relatively lightweight on fairly poor tires with rather low power output (enough to mimic the behavior of more powerful cars with more grip, just at lower, less deadly speeds).

Soonish, I'm working on a few cars to improve driving skill rather than outright speed though. There will be a FWD (undecided), RWD ('89 Miata), and AWD (undecided). All will be relatively lightweight on fairly poor tires with rather low power output (enough to mimic the behavior of more powerful cars with more grip, just at lower, less deadly speeds).
Cool. I've started to prefer those sorts of cars now as they're much more fun to use online.

GTP Name: Onboy123
PSN Name: Onboy123
Your Car: Audi Quattro '82
Sending Your Own Car? Yes
Tuning Request: It would be driven mostly by my dad, so just make it fast and easy to drive like you normally do
Link To Review: still haven't learnt to hyperlink, so just look for one, I started reviewing from page 65 forwards, sorry for making you look guys…

I just drove the 787B tune you guys had.

It fixes the biting nature of the 787 and that weird understeer it has. Brilliant.

Makes the car less insane though.

REVIEW: F430 Stradista

I orignally purchased a Scuderia for the first of the Ferrari events in the A-Spec ladder. I thought about the 512BB but figured I would get better longevity and use from the Scuderia further through the ladder. It did end up serving me quite well for the Ferrari and Italian events, even a few of the early championships with just a few parts modifications.

When I went in to tune to RJ's Stradista specs I already had the exact parts and needed only to change the tires. Since I am no good at dialing in settings I end up as more of a parts tuner piecing together aftermarket parts to get a car to suit my driving style.

My Scuderia was built to keep up with a pair of Enzos at Monza for one of the seasonal races I believe. The track is fast, sure, but not much in the way of difficult cornering comparatively. That being the case I took my parts tuned stallion to SSR5 for a better mix of corners and room to use the power it possesses.

It handled most of the course well, fast on the straights and quick through medium to high speed bends but a bit unstable. Braking was hairy entering the tunnel and coming into the hairpin. Exiting corners could also be a crapshoot with the tendency to snap out the rear under hard acceleration. On an MR with my Sixaxis I considered that a fact of life.

After tuning the difference was not night and day but noticable for sure. The car definitely seemed to have tightened up in the corners and felt much more stable on the brakes. It is still easy to step out the back end coming out of a corner but it seems to do so slower, with more predictability and thus it is easier to control. The biggest difference I found was in the acceleration. Coming out of the final turn on my first go 'round I put down too much power and started to slide. My ghost, already slightly ahead, got a good jump on the straight. I was able to close and pass it in short order after regaining my grip.

After a few laps I was able to get a couple more seconds down off the lap time though it is still loose in my hands. The learning curve for this one is not as easy as Juliet, but with the higher power I expected that to be the case. Speaking of power, I found that with the parts and tune exact I was still coming up about 40hp higher and around 20 extra ft-lbs of torque than what was cited. I don't think I'm that far off on mileage to account for the difference but maybe I'm wrong. In the grand scheme I don't believe it would make a big impact on the tune, even at a 5-10% difference, but it will make it just that much more difficult to get used to using.

While I am not as high on this one as I was with Juliet, since the difference seems less significant comparatively, I definitely would give it a thumbs up. I think going back and forth between the two cars will help me as a driver to refine my skills in general and certainly with the MRs that like to try to kill me in every corner! Another job well done!

Last edited:
Back