Ballast
Amount:-- 0
Position: 0

Engine
Power Limiter

Power Level: 100.0%

Transmission
Transmission

(Set Max Speed, then each individual ratio.)
1st:-- 2.615
2nd:-- 1.805
3rd:-- 1.337
4th:-- 1.061
5th:-- 0.878
Final: 5.415
Max Speed: 143 MPH

Drivetrain
Differential

Initial: 0/10
Accel:-- 0/30
Braking: 0/15

Suspension
Suspension

Ride Height: -10/-10
Spring Rate: 7.0/7.5
Extension:-- 6/6
Compression: 5/5
Anti-Roll:-- 1/2
Camber:----- 2.0/2.0
Toe:-------- –0.10/0.00

Brakes
Brake Balance Controller

Brake Balance: 5/6

Intended Driving Options
Transmission: Manual (MT)
ABS: 1
Everything else: OFF

Tuner Comments:
What happens when you give a Suzuki Cappuccino some more caffeine? The Coffee Car happens. Just like a cup of really strong coffee, this Cappuccino will wake you right up after you experience it. You thought kei cars were slow? You thought wrong. Move over, MX-5.

What color did you paint it? And come to think of it, did you change the wheels too?

Going green with RKM
Saving the planet while destroying the corners

CR-Z Type R
CRZ.jpg

Fresh out of the Dealer: 118 HP, 1130 kg, 352 PP, Comfort Medium Tires
Best Lap Time: 1:56.404
Thoughts: Plenty of smug, not enough power. A pretty boring drive, though Honda's goal was to lower emissions, not boost adrenaline.
<Note: I accidentally did an oil change, which is why the lap time looks so speedy...>

Parts added, no settings changes: 206 HP, 956 kg, 442 PP, Sport Soft Tires
Best Lap Time: 1:39.630
Thoughts: The power helps, but this car is still not a track car. The corner speeds were about average, which is not good enough for a small car that's low on horses.

Parts added, RKM Tune, 5 lap first impression: 206 HP, 956 kg, 442 PP, Sport Soft Tires
Best Lap Time: 1:39.385
Thoughts: Now we're getting somewhere. I'm averaging a few MpH more in every turn, and the car holds it's line nicely. The braking is also very nice, which is expected on a light car like this, and I kept slowing too early going into turns. This car still won't be mistaken for an NSX, but it's feeling pretty nice for it's class.

After a couple more races...
Best Lap Time: 1:38.052
Thoughts: Considering the power, this is a pretty fun little car. Everything about the car is stable and controlled, and there is almost no distraction of trying to control the car's tendancies, so you can focus on driving. Terrific tune, it's quick in the corners and solid on the brakes. All a driver needs to do is focus on learning the brake markers and turn-in points to maximize the corner speed, and this car will compete well in it's class.

Insightful Honda
Insight.jpg

Fresh out of the Dealer: 94 HP, 1200 kg, 325 PP, Comfort Soft Tires
Best Lap Time: 2:01.565
Thoughts: Dreadful. The stock Insight had the acceleration of a snail towing a tortoise, and had the corner speed of an old pick-up truck running on four flats.

Parts added, no settings changes: 180 HP, 1017 kg, 425 PP, Sport Soft Tires
Best Lap Time: 1:41.231
Thoughts: Much better with the added oomph and traction. The single-gear transmission is definitely annoying, with just a steady drone and no audible indication of acceleration. Corner speed was acceptable, and the steering was very neutral. The braking was pretty good as well. I'm not seeing any major faults at this point, aside from the sound and general lack of power.

Parts added, RKM Tune, 5 lap first impression: 181 HP, 1017 kg, 426 PP, Sport Soft Tires
Best Lap Time: 1:39.479
Thoughts: Somehow, without having a transmission to adjust, the car still got faster. I know, it's the combination of less downforce and better suspension which led to higher top speed reached as well as even stronger corner speeds. This car was finally able to do the "bungee racing" I expected, pulling nice leds in the twisty section, then losing most of it in the straights. Good enough for second ahead of the S2000, but not enough to catch the GT-R.

Best Lap Time: 1:38.796
Thoughts: This has turned into a decent car, fairly fun, but still a little slow. It handles very well, and doesn't have the power or weight to induce any sort of tire slide. My only complaint about the car is the droning sound of the engine, thanks to the centrifical transmission (at least I think that's what it's called).

After tuning, both these battery-powered cars are pretty even. Both handle very well, and are easy to drive without major mistakes, so little driving errors are important to watch for, as every MpH counts in a big way. Throughout the process, the CR-Z had the performance edge, but with the tunings done, the gap between the two narrowed. Given a choice, I think my preferences would be towards the CR-Z, mostly for the sound, although the little extra HP and little less weight help, too.

Before I start my Ford GT review, I want to just say how special the GT is to me, and how high my expectation for this tune is. It's special because in GT5P on Fuji, this car made me was unbeatable. In fact, winning became so unspectacular and dull I tried to liven things up a bit during the race like limiting how high i can rev the engine before changing up or to beat a certain time for the 3 lap race. And this car, the GT, would always cover up my mistakes and launch me into first. I didn't matter how many cars there were or where I started from, it would always catapult me into the lead.
So, when GT5 came out, my first thought was to get the GT, and start dominating Fuji again. Sadly, it didn't really happen. Fuji wasn't popular anymore, and the GT became a tyre-smoking pig of a car. Which is why I have been avoiding trying the tune for it, because I don't even want to touch it.
Finally though, the memories of winning and this car's thunderous voice won me over. So I took it out, gave it your tune, and basically hoped for it to capture even a hair of my old GT's magic. Well, the constant fear of spinning when taking a corner is gone, and so has this car's love for covering the track in smoke and black marks. It would still oversteer, but the car warns you that you are getting near the limits with some understeer, which was missing in the stock version. So, it grips better, corners better and is obviously faster. It's nicer to its tyres and it's a much better way of commemorating all the times the GT has raced for me. It also gained something new, my old GT just couldn't hold powerslides (blame the 'standard' driving option thing), but in this, it can. Its got a sense of fun about it now. It has captured what I loved in my old GT, the sense that you can crush anything in your path, and then after that, the sense that it only wants to play. And if I'm honest, that's all I really wanted.
(Test done on Fuji speedway F)
Fastest time:1:43.5

I was always a fan of the NSX, for several reasons. But the 2 main reasons are that:
1) Aryton Senna set it up, and I am a fan of Senna (blame Top Gear)
2)Like the ford GT, it was one of the cars which I dominated the online races on Fuji in.
But I didn't buy it in GT5 because, well, there a over 1000 cars to chose from, and although I am a fan of it, I never had enough spare money left to buy and play with one. And besides, like I said in my earlier review, Fuji isn't popular anymore, so this car's competition is gone.
But, even though I was saving up for a group B rally car, I couldn't hold the temptation for buying this high-revving masterpiece with all my memories of racing against others in it. And even without touching the suspension, diff and brake balance, it feels like my one in Prologue. As in flawed, but brilliant. It is forgiving, it doesn't understand what understeer means (which is good), and is a lot of fun. Still, it isn't perfect. So RKM set up applied, and out for a few more rather nostalgic laps.
Well, it's more predictable, the nose doesn't twitch when you brake hard and the rear doesn't slide until you let it know you want to play. It is quick, being 6 seconds quicker than the normal car and 6 seconds off the pace of the ford GT. And&#8230;&#8230;um&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;I'm really having trouble to find flaws in the NSX now. And to be honest, the nostalgia and fun that this car brings to me is more important than any laptime can ever be. Having driven it in both GT5P and GT5, one thing is certain. Even though it was underpowered compared to the GT5P one, and even though I drove that NSX on racing slicks the majority of the time with my own tune, both are similarly fast, and both have the same character. Now, imagine what kind times it could do with proper racing slicks&#8230;know what, I'm gonna go find out. See ya :D
Fastest time:1:49.xxx

Both the GT and the NSX will be timed on the TGTT later for a comparison against the other cars I've reviewed

GTP Name: Onboy123
PSN Name: Onboy123
Your Car: Audi Quattro '82
Sending Your Own Car? Yes
Tuning Request: It would be driven mostly by my dad, so just make it fast and easy to drive like you normally do
Link To Review: still haven't learnt to hyperlink, so just look for one, I started reviewing from page 65 forwards, sorry for making you look guys…
I think RJ might take this one, I'm really busy with college work until the 8th so I cant get any time for the 5 or so cars already waiting for tune ups. :indiff:
the 787B Black Beauty setup is awesome

I just drove the 787B tune you guys had.

It fixes the biting nature of the 787 and that weird understeer it has. Brilliant.

Makes the car less insane though.
Glad you both like the 787B! 👍
What color did you paint it? And come to think of it, did you change the wheels too?
Erm... Orange... Something orange metallic. I don't remember now. :guilty: It has new wheels from GT Auto, guess I forgot to write which ones. :lol:
Going green with RKM
Saving the planet while destroying the corners

CR-Z Type R
http://i1130.photobucket.com/albums/m531/mrakneedragger/CRZ.jpg

Fresh out of the Dealer: 118 HP, 1130 kg, 352 PP, Comfort Medium Tires
Best Lap Time: 1:56.404
Thoughts: Plenty of smug, not enough power. A pretty boring drive, though Honda's goal was to lower emissions, not boost adrenaline.
<Note: I accidentally did an oil change, which is why the lap time looks so speedy...>

Parts added, no settings changes: 206 HP, 956 kg, 442 PP, Sport Soft Tires
Best Lap Time: 1:39.630
Thoughts: The power helps, but this car is still not a track car. The corner speeds were about average, which is not good enough for a small car that's low on horses.

Parts added, RKM Tune, 5 lap first impression: 206 HP, 956 kg, 442 PP, Sport Soft Tires
Best Lap Time: 1:39.385
Thoughts: Now we're getting somewhere. I'm averaging a few MpH more in every turn, and the car holds it's line nicely. The braking is also very nice, which is expected on a light car like this, and I kept slowing too early going into turns. This car still won't be mistaken for an NSX, but it's feeling pretty nice for it's class.

Best Lap Time: 1:38.052
Thoughts: Considering the power, this is a pretty fun little car. Everything about the car is stable and controlled, and there is almost no distraction of trying to control the car's tendancies, so you can focus on driving. Terrific tune, it's quick in the corners and solid on the brakes. All a driver needs to do is focus on learning the brake markers and turn-in points to maximize the corner speed, and this car will compete well in it's class.

Insightful Honda
http://i1130.photobucket.com/albums/m531/mrakneedragger/Insight.jpg
Fresh out of the Dealer: 94 HP, 1200 kg, 325 PP, Comfort Soft Tires
Best Lap Time: 2:01.565
Thoughts: Dreadful. The stock Insight had the acceleration of a snail towing a tortoise, and had the corner speed of an old pick-up truck running on four flats.

Parts added, no settings changes: 180 HP, 1017 kg, 425 PP, Sport Soft Tires
Best Lap Time: 1:41.231
Thoughts: Much better with the added oomph and traction. The single-gear transmission is definitely annoying, with just a steady drone and no audible indication of acceleration. Corner speed was acceptable, and the steering was very neutral. The braking was pretty good as well. I'm not seeing any major faults at this point, aside from the sound and general lack of power.

Parts added, RKM Tune, 5 lap first impression: 181 HP, 1017 kg, 426 PP, Sport Soft Tires
Best Lap Time: 1:39.479
Thoughts: Somehow, without having a transmission to adjust, the car still got faster. I know, it's the combination of less downforce and better suspension which led to higher top speed reached as well as even stronger corner speeds. This car was finally able to do the "bungee racing" I expected, pulling nice leds in the twisty section, then losing most of it in the straights. Good enough for second ahead of the S2000, but not enough to catch the GT-R.

Best Lap Time: 1:38.796
Thoughts: This has turned into a decent car, fairly fun, but still a little slow. It handles very well, and doesn't have the power or weight to induce any sort of tire slide. My only complaint about the car is the droning sound of the engine, thanks to the centrifical transmission (at least I think that's what it's called).

After tuning, both these battery-powered cars are pretty even. Both handle very well, and are easy to drive without major mistakes, so little driving errors are important to watch for, as every MpH counts in a big way. Throughout the process, the CR-Z had the performance edge, but with the tunings done, the gap between the two narrowed. Given a choice, I think my preferences would be towards the CR-Z, mostly for the sound, although the little extra HP and little less weight help, too.
I'm suprised you managed to close the gap to only 0.7 seconds. Perhaps it's the oil change, but anyway, thanks for the review and proving that the Insight is just as fast as the CR-Z. :D I prefer the CR-Z too but the Insight's CVT transmission just gives it so much character over other Insight's that just get racing transmissions thrown into them.
I was always a fan of the NSX, for several reasons. But the 2 main reasons are that:
1) Aryton Senna set it up, and I am a fan of Senna (blame Top Gear)
2)Like the ford GT, it was one of the cars which I dominated the online races on Fuji in.
But I didn't buy it in GT5 because, well, there a over 1000 cars to chose from, and although I am a fan of it, I never had enough spare money left to buy and play with one. And besides, like I said in my earlier review, Fuji isn't popular anymore, so this car's competition is gone.
But, even though I was saving up for a group B rally car, I couldn't hold the temptation for buying this high-revving masterpiece with all my memories of racing against others in it. And even without touching the suspension, diff and brake balance, it feels like my one in Prologue. As in flawed, but brilliant. It is forgiving, it doesn't understand what understeer means (which is good), and is a lot of fun. Still, it isn't perfect. So RKM set up applied, and out for a few more rather nostalgic laps.
Well, it's more predictable, the nose doesn't twitch when you brake hard and the rear doesn't slide until you let it know you want to play. It is quick, being 6 seconds quicker than the normal car and 6 seconds off the pace of the ford GT. And……um……………I'm really having trouble to find flaws in the NSX now. And to be honest, the nostalgia and fun that this car brings to me is more important than any laptime can ever be. Having driven it in both GT5P and GT5, one thing is certain. Even though it was underpowered compared to the GT5P one, and even though I drove that NSX on racing slicks the majority of the time with my own tune, both are similarly fast, and both have the same character. Now, imagine what kind times it could do with proper racing slicks…know what, I'm gonna go find out. See ya :D
Fastest time:1:49.xxx

Both the GT and the NSX will be timed on the TGTT later for a comparison against the other cars I've reviewed
Thanks for the review! That's the NSX for you, you can tune the flaws out but the character always remains. :D I do prefer it on sports softs though, even though they offer less grip. Racing softs numb the car too much and it just feels like every other midship on racing rubber. :yuck:

Can I ask, if I do decide to max the NSX and put racing slicks on it, does anything need to be done to the suspension, diff and brake balance? And would this tune work on the millions of 'standard' model NSX?

Had a bit of spare time today, so went for the RX-8. Given that duty called just after the second GVS race, my review will be limited for now, to be expanded upon later :)

I actually tried the car completely stock at first and decided after one and a half laps to call it a day and go for the components. It had zero torque and acceleration was to be measured with a calendar. If you tried to accelerate out of corners before you had the car pointing straight, the comfort softs would surrender straight away, making it a pretty tail happy experience - fun but fairly slow...

In any case, components installed (it seems my example is a bit healthier, had 10hp more than yours straight away), same circuit, DS3, autobox, no aids, the lvl 15 Tuner Challenge. The supercharger certainly ensures that you are no longer a mobile chicane and the tyres help with keeping it on track and in one piece. The car is not bad at all - oversteery still but reasonably fast. And the oversteer is easy to catch and control, just like in the completely stock car - I take it the supercharger makes that easier than installing a turbo. The car simply seems to fly in the first section, getting a similar section time to the NSX with your setup. Not so hot in the second section but excellent speed through the third tunnel again. Managed a best time in the 2.00.xxx range, which is pretty good for the power to weight ratio (very close to where it would need to be to worry the NSX tuned). :) Managed to grab first in the first corner of the last lap but my enthusiasm got the better of me, I overshot the braking zone, got onto the gravel , and finished second.

With your setup the car immediately fells tighter. One can get on the throttle sooner and the back swinging out is more exception than the default behaviour. Luckily this has been achieved without adding any understeer 👍 Doing the same race against the same opponents has me in first place by the end of the first sector on lap 2. Only to overdo the last corner on lap 4, do a 720 and still come second :(

As said the car seems much more controlled, simply going where you point it to and is very neutral throughout. I can easily imagine using it for an endurance race 👍 However the best time I managed so far was a bit worse than before I applied the setup - but to be honest, with 5 laps, of which 4 were solid, I would like to test some more before actually drawing a conclusion.

The one place where the car seems less planted than before is in the third tunnel - if I tried getting thruough it at the same speed the car would push wide, while speeds of ca. 5kmh slower had the car work OK. Not quite sure why this is the case but will check it on Suzuka tomorrow, which has several medium speed corners :)

Can I ask, if I do decide to max the NSX and put racing slicks on it, does anything need to be done to the suspension, diff and brake balance? And would this tune work on the millions of 'standard' model NSX?

I have no idea to be honest. I've never tuned a maxed NSX or put racing slicks on it so I dont know what it would need. As for the tune working on the standard models, only the NA2 models (fixed headlights) will work properly. I've found the NA1 model NSX's oversteer much more than the NA2's so they need a slightly different set up.

RKM Motorsport’s Civic Type R

CivicTypeR.jpg

CivicTypeR_Big.jpg

Based on: Honda Civic Type R (EK) ‘97
Obtained: Brand new model at Honda or win the B-Spec FF Cup

Drivetrain: FF
Horsepower: 321 BHP (@ 35.4 miles)
Torque:---- 30 kgfm
Weight:---- 845 kg
PP:-------- 514

PARTS
GT Auto

Racing Modifications
Rays Volk Racing RE30 Wheels

Tuning Shop
Rigidity Improvement
Engine Tuning Stage 3
Sports ECU
Sports Intake Manifold
Racing Air Filter
Titanium Racing Exhaust
Sports Exhaust Manifold
Catalytic Converter: Sports
Mid RPM Range Turbo Kit
Fully Customisable Transmission
Twin Plate Clutch
Semi Racing Flywheel
Fully Customisable LSD
Fully Customisable Suspension Kit
Sports Soft Tyres

SETUP

Body/Chassis
Aerodynamics

Downforce: 15/10

Ballast
Amount:-- 0
Position: 0

Engine
Power Limiter

Power Level: 100.0%

Transmission
Transmission

(Set Max Speed, then each individual ratio.)
1st:-- 2.853
2nd:-- 1.993
3rd:-- 1.489
4th:-- 1.166
5th:-- 0.958
6th:-- 0.806
Final: 4.225
Max Speed: 180 MPH

Drivetrain
Differential

Initial: 8/0
Accel:-- 20/0
Braking: 5/0

Suspension
Suspension

Ride Height: -20/-20
Spring Rate: 10.0/4.5
Extension:-- 7/5
Compression: 6/4
Anti-Roll:-- 3/4
Camber:----- 2.0/1.7
Toe:-------- –0.20/-0.05

Brakes
Brake Balance Controller

Brake Balance: 5/6

Intended Driving Options
Transmission: Manual (MT)
ABS: 1
Everything else: OFF

Tuner Comments:
When we released our Civic VTi-R, we said that we’d introduce an RM version later down the line. Well we’re now down the line and this is the RM version of the VTi-R.

While this Civic Type R bases it’s settings on the VTi-R, we’ve refined the settings to work with the racing modifications, as well as the extra power and torque provided from the turbo. Those who liked the VTi-R should love this Type R.

25th Feb 2011 - Transmission & ballast/power settings.

👍👍👍

*Snip*

*More Snipping*

CVT stands for "Continuously Variable Transmission", meaning it doesn't require gear changes to convert camshaft rotation into driveshaft rotation (in fact CVTs don't even have actual physical gears).

Erm... Orange... Something orange metallic. I don't remember now. :guilty: It has new wheels from GT Auto, guess I forgot to write which ones. :lol:

Hmm. I really like that orange. Gives it the full on "coffee" color, which I assume is what you were going for. Perhaps you might remember what car it originated from?

If not that's cool, I'll go through my paints tonight and figure it out. And if I think I've found it I'll let you know so you can update your post ;)

"Glad you both like the 787B!"

i m glad u let us use this tune :) btw like u say in the tuner comments its so easy drive and its still really fast and i think this is best tune for a LM car what i find so far

i changed two things tho brakes is 6 5 for me and not 5 6 and in lsd menu brake sensi is 25 and not 20 its cuz i kinda never push the brake all the way

so a big thank you goes for u VTiRoj :D

VTiRoj and Schadenfreude13, thanks for giving me the CVT term for the Insight's transmission. Wiki has filled in the gaps; it was similar to what I thought it was, but my terminology was WAY off :)

Hmm. I really like that orange. Gives it the full on "coffee" color, which I assume is what you were going for. Perhaps you might remember what car it originated from?

If not that's cool, I'll go through my paints tonight and figure it out. And if I think I've found it I'll let you know so you can update your post ;)

I'm going to hazard a guess. Orange Mica (or something to that effect).
It came from the SW20 MR2 pre-patch, at least I think so.

VTiRoj and Schadenfreude13, thanks for giving me the CVT term for the Insight's transmission. Wiki has filled in the gaps; it was similar to what I thought it was, but my terminology was WAY off :)

No worries. Glad to help. Funny bit is, I sometimes slip up and refer to CVTs as constant velocity transmissions because for some reason I interchange the term with "CV joints/axles"...

Right, here's the NSX review (I know I just reviewed it, but I like it, so i'll do it again) but unlike yesterday's, rather than driving down memory lane and getting all nostalgic, I will be comparing it to another tune to search for one thing, which is the best all-rounder of the two. For the test, I shall ignore the power differences in the two tunes, and I would also need to avoid being bias, as the guy who does the other tune is from HK, so if I do sound a little bias at times, just blame me for being slightly patriotic.
First, the RKM tune. Yesterday, this NSX gave me a very good first impression. It was fun and forgiving when you played, and seriously quick when you didn't. The only slight criticism I have is that it's too hard to catch once the angle of the oversteer goes pass 45 degrees. But still, it's agile, it turns its lack of grip into an immensely quick flow of directional changes. It did a lap of 1:14.4 on the TGTT.
Now, the other setup for this car (it took me ages to find a simple way around the problem of not mentioning the other tuner's name since I don't like mentioning it here, seems wrong somehow), and compared to yours, it seemed to be edgier, twitchier, less forgiving which I wouldn't mind on a 1 lap blast of a track, but it's just to much of a constant knife edge for consistent driving. In fact, the NSX spent most of it's time sliding with a cloud of its own smoke trailing behind on this setup. And I spent most of the time watching the RKM car speed away. But once you do really, and I do mean really concentrate hard, it is fast. Faster than the RKM car by 0.9 seconds. But the consequence of that was that I spent the next 2 spinning in a cloud of smoke. I don't know, maybe I'm not good enough for this tune, but I'll stick to the RKM one for now.
So, to wrap up, the RKM tune is easier to be more consistent with, more of the time. It may not be the fastest setup, but it's definitely the easiest and most forgiving.
(Tested on TGTT)
Fastest time:
1:14.4xx

Last edited:
In Civic Type-R (rm) I never can get to your gear ratios. I adjust the max speed to 290km/h (180mph) and I can´t achieve the gear ratios you reccomend.
Whats wrong? Its because I use km/h?
EDIT:Tested your R34 and happens the same thing..

Last edited:

I think it's Brilliant Orange Metallic, I have 2 counts of it in my items so I'm guessing I used the third for the Cappuccino. I tend to only use colours I have at least 2 of. :)
Right, here's the NSX review (I know I just reviewed it, but I like it, so i'll do it again) but unlike yesterday's, rather than driving down memory lane and getting all nostalgic, I will be comparing it to another tune to search for one thing, which is the best all-rounder of the two. For the test, I shall ignore the power differences in the two tunes, and I would also need to avoid being bias, as the guy who does the other tune is from HK, so if I do sound a little bias at times, just blame me for being slightly patriotic.
First, the RKM tune. Yesterday, this NSX gave me a very good first impression. It was fun and forgiving when you played, and seriously quick when you didn't. The only slight criticism I have is that it's too hard to catch once the angle of the oversteer goes pass 45 degrees. But still, it's agile, it turns its lack of grip into an immensely quick flow of directional changes. It did a lap of 1:14.4 on the TGTT.
Now, the other setup for this car (it took me ages to find a simple way around the problem of not mentioning the other tuner's name since I don't like mentioning it here, seems wrong somehow), and compared to yours, it seemed to be edgier, twitchier, less forgiving which I wouldn't mind on a 1 lap blast of a track, but it's just to much of a constant knife edge for consistent driving. In fact, the NSX spent most of it's time sliding with a cloud of its own smoke trailing behind on this setup. And I spent most of the time watching the RKM car speed away. But once you do really, and I do mean really concentrate hard, it is fast. Faster than the RKM car by 0.9 seconds. But the consequence of that was that I spent the next 2 spinning in a cloud of smoke. I don't know, maybe I'm not good enough for this tune, but I'll stick to the RKM one for now.
So, to wrap up, the RKM tune is easier to be more consistent with, more of the time. It may not be the fastest setup, but it's definitely the easiest and most forgiving.
(Tested on TGTT)
Fastest time:
1:14.4xx
Thanks for the review! Your conclusion sounds about right. I tuned my NSX to be fast for anyone who drives it. It doesnt need 100% concentration to get good laps down.

Another question about the NSX, will the JGTC NSX tune work on the 2001 loctite mugen NSX?
Not sure. It might but don't bet on it.
In Civic Type-R (rm) I never can get to your gear ratios. I adjust the max speed to 290km/h (180mph) and I can´t achieve the gear ratios you reccomend.
Whats wrong? Its because I use km/h?

Are you using a different parts? Adding a different turbo changes the ratio ranges on the gearbox.

I'm not requesting a tune, but may I ask if there's anything you're interested in tuning after all the requests?

I'm suprised you managed to close the gap to only 0.7 seconds. Perhaps it's the oil change, but anyway, thanks for the review and proving that the Insight is just as fast as the CR-Z. :D I prefer the CR-Z too but the Insight's CVT transmission just gives it so much character over other Insight's that just get racing transmissions thrown into them.

Out of curiousity, does that mean I'm painfully slow in the CR-Z, or relatively quick in the Insight? What kind of gap did you see between the two? I found that in cornering the cars were virtually identical for me, so the CR-Z gained a couple tenths on each straight, but that's about it.

When I add parts, I always do an oil change, regardless if it's in the listed parts for the tune or not... I just don't like the thought of driving with mud for oil, too much of a habit from RL on that one.

I'm not requesting a tune, but may I ask if there's anything you're interested in tuning after all the requests?
I want to tune an EvoIX and VI, just so we've got all the Evo's nailed. 👍
Out of curiousity, does that mean I'm painfully slow in the CR-Z, or relatively quick in the Insight? What kind of gap did you see between the two? I found that in cornering the cars were virtually identical for me, so the CR-Z gained a couple tenths on each straight, but that's about it.

When I add parts, I always do an oil change, regardless if it's in the listed parts for the tune or not... I just don't like the thought of driving with mud for oil, too much of a habit from RL on that one.

Relatively quick in the Insight. I think my gap was 1.1 or something. Cant remember exactly, I'd have to do a few runs in them again to see for sure. :) The CR-Z would run away on the straights and the Insight could claw back a tenth or two in the lower speed sections. I usually dont oil change cars in GT until the oil light comes on. Me lazy. :lol:

Heh. That's what I thought. :lol:

Although by closed I thought just closed for requests at first, not just forever :lol: You really got me there. Only realised it when I was in bed this morning, just thinking away when the idea hit me. :banghead: I'm brilliant. :lol:

Last edited:
Was interesting seeing how many people we were able to fool... Some called me on it instantly, others missed it, got it, then got led astray.

Edit: Also, Quattro should go to me I guess.

Back