T&L racing - OPEN EVENTS

• Thread starter Marchbrown
  • 254 comments

Race time - wednesday race series - whats your choice?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The combo was quite nice I thought, especially for Jukka who demolished us all by more than a MINUTE :lol:

Incredible drive, you should give him double T&Ls Jon :bowdown:

All the best
Maz

No No Maz - this is the way it goes:

picture.php

Jukka is fined with a 100 T&Ls ticket.

WEDNESDAY RACE #12
DOUBLE TIN-TOP MATCHUP
06-April-2011 - 19:00 GMT and 20:00 GMT

20if7ro.jpg

TRACK
Nurburgring GP/D

picture.php

CARS

20fczq.jpg

Opel Astra Touring Car '00 477BHP/1000 Kg
BMW M3 GTR Race Car '01 465BHP/1120 Kg
Mercedes Benz CLK Touring Car '00 437BHP/1000 Kg Power Limiter 94%
Abt Audi TT-R Touring Car '02 481BHP/1080 Kg Turbo Stage 2, Power Limiter 94%

RACE SPECIFICS

FEATURE RACE: 25 Laps - 2 mandatory pit stops (not last lap) - 10 minute qualifying

SPRINT RACE: 10 Laps - No pit stops - Reverse Grid

• No Driving Aids except ABS 1
  • Track Edge set to REAL
  • Damage LIGHT
  • Tyre/Fuel wear ON

OTHER INFO:

• Oil Change ALLOWED
  • Tyres Racing HARD
  • PARC FERME CONDITIONS Between Feature and Sprint Race - No setup changes between races

Achtung! These cars have been tested and the above power/weight/mod specifics have been chosen to give similar on-track performance. During testing, all 4 cars managed to lap Nurburgring GP/D within 0.2s of each other. Your car choice will depend on personal preference, your result will depend on yours and your car's tyre management and consistency. Choose wisely, bring beer and Jaffa cakes.

PARTICIPANTS

Warren - Mercedes CLK
Maciek - Opel Astra
Maz 1900 + 2000 - Whatever we have least of come Wednesday
Jukka - Opel Astra
Lars 1900 - TBA
Dan Fastas 1900 - Mercedes CLK
Deano + Cat 2000 - Audi TT-R
Monsieur Laurent 2000 - Audi TT-R
Mattfingers - Mercedes CLK
Blitz 2000- BMW M3 GTR

Jon - Unavailable
Matloob - Unavailable
Matt - Unavailable

34t3jmb.jpg
GOOD LUCK!

***​

RESULTS

Feature Race 1 (25 Laps)

1. Opel Astra - Maz <- Pole
2. Merc CLK - Maff <- Fastest Lap
3. Opel Astra - Warren
4. Audi TT-R - Laurent
5. Merc CLK - Fastas
6. Merc CLK - Matt
7. BMW M3 - Lars

Sprint Race 1 (10 Laps - Reverse Grid)

1. Merc CLK - Maff
1. Opel Astra - Maz <- Fastest Lap
3. Merc CLK - Fastas
4. Opel Astra - Warren
5. Audi TT-R - Laurent
6. Merc CLK - Matt

Feature Race 2 (25 Laps)

1. Merc CLK - Warren <- Fastest Lap
2. Audi TT-R - Laurent <- Pole
3. Opel Astra - Jukka
4. Audi TT-R - Deano
5. Merc CLK - Fastas
6. BMW M3 - Maz
7. Merc CLK - Bjorn
8. BMW M3 - Rune
DNF Merc CLK - Eriba

Sprint Race 2 (10 Laps - Reverse Grid)

1. BMW M3 - Maz <- Fastest Lap
1. Audi TT-R - Deano
3. Merc CLK - Warren
4. Merc CLK - Fastas
5. Audi TT-R - Laurent
6. Merc CLK - Bjorn
7. BMW M3 - Rune

s4tlkk.jpg

95zg2t.jpg

33xg9hc.jpg

2czrrpx.jpg

kf5jxi.jpg

All the best
Maz

Last edited:
Damn, another Saturday I'm going to miss and the team event was an absolute blast last time. Hopefully I'll be able to join you again soon for some races, I can keep Phil company at the back :)

NEW
2011-nissan-370z-gt-academy-3.jpg

T&L invitational

Sony Computer Entertainment Noway Polyphony Digital Ink., Nissan Noway, in collaboration with the T&L race garage introduce a new ticket to the GT Academy at Silverstone.

The ground-breaking competition which will give one person the opportunity of a lifetime to become a professional race car driver.

All you have to do is sign up for T&Ls next saturday night event - and win it.
Finnishing in first position gives you a spot among the top 32 finalists, who will compete in the live finals for a coveted spot in the top 16. The top 16 will compete in a grueling race camp at Silverstone racing circuit in England, where their strength, stamina, mental agility, and driving skills will be pushed to the limits and beyond. On top of pure talent, it will take a lot of drive, passion and dedication to prove to the judges who really has what it takes to become a professional race car driver. One winner will start down the path of intense training to become a pro, and ultimately, compete in a real race as part of a professional racing team.

is the results of wednesday qualifing going to be posted so we know what car where driving and who where team up with ,cheers dean

So when and where is this thing going to start. I believe it is 21.00 GMT?

was supposed to, but I can't find anyone ???

Lobby under uk86ze now ^^

Last edited:

RACE No xx - Daytona 60

OPEN T&L EVENT

spoiler-alert-daytona-500-rain-soaked-results.jpg

20:00 GMT

Weather: Sunny only
Race admin: Jon
Duration: 60 laps roughly xx minutes of driving + 10 min thinker time

RACE HOST: MARCHBROWN

THE STORY

The Daytona 500 is regarded as the most important and prestigious race on the NASCAR calendar, carrying by far the largest purse. Championship points awarded are equal to that of any other Sprint Cup race. It is also the series' first race of the year; this phenomenon is virtually unique in sports, which tend to have championships or other major events at the end of the season rather than the start. Since 1995, U.S. television ratings for the Daytona 500 have been the highest for any auto race of the year, surpassing the traditional leader, the Indianapolis 500 which in turn greatly surpasses the Daytona 500 in in-track attendance and international viewing. The 2006 Daytona 500 attracted the sixth largest average live global TV audience of any sporting event that year with 20 million viewers.

The race is the direct successor of shorter races held on Daytona Beach. This long square was partially on the sand and also on the highway near the beach. Earlier events featured 200-mile (320 km) races with stock cars. Eventually, a 500-mile (805 km) stock car race was held at Daytona International Speedway in 1959. It was the second 500-miler, following the Southern 500, and has been held every year since. By 1961, it began to be referred to as the "Daytona 500", by which it is still commonly known.

Daytona International Speedway is 2.5 miles (4 km) long and a 500-mile race requires 200 laps to complete. However, the race is considered official after half its distance (100 laps or 250 miles (400 km)) have been completed. The race has been shortened four times due to rain (in 1965, 1966, 2003, and 2009) and once in response to the energy crisis of 1974. It has been extended five times (2005&#8211;2007 and 2010-2011) to allow for a green-white-checker finish.

CAR & TRACK SPECIFICATIONS

Track: DAYTONA

NASCAR
Weight : xxkg
Tyres: xx

Modification:

* NO TUNING
* NO MODIFICATION
* NO AIDS - ABS 1

LIST OF CARS NEEDED FOR THIS EVENT

PARTICIPANTS

RESULTS

According to Top Gear's highly spurious and questionable scientific knowledge, playing car racing games for hours makes you an 88 per cent better human being. And a better driver.

Last edited:
I've just made a few slight changes to this Wednesday's T&L race night "Double Tin-Top Matchup":

- Start time changed from 20:00 GMT to 19:00 GMT
- Mercedes Benz CLK Touring Car '00 specs are changed from Power Limiter 93% to Power Limiter 94% to further refine the equalisation formula.
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=5133710#post5133710

Hope to see some of the regulars there 👍

All the best
Maz

How did the team event turn out last Saturday? Maybe I was a bit unpatient, sorry for that. In the end I ended up joining the OMRS race because I couldnt find the lobby...

Hello gents ,think this ones a bit early for me ,can't do alot before 9:00 pm
Cheers dive-bomber Dean

Deano,

I think I'm going to run the event twice, once at 8pm UK (19 GMT) and again at 9pm UK (20 GMT) because I want as many participants as possible instead of just one race with 5 people.

I don't expect people to do both races, but some like myself, Warren and Jukka may do 👍

All the best
Maz

Hey, I think I'll be able to participate tomorrow night. Put me down for the Merc please. I haven't driven it before but it looks like it's difficult to pass!

See you on track at 8bst.

Dan.

How did the team event turn out last Saturday? Maybe I was a bit unpatient, sorry for that. In the end I ended up joining the OMRS race because I couldnt find the lobby...

I was not able to take part myself but I know the race went on as planned. It looks like the race hard/ race medium system worked out well too. Wouldnt mind if someone posted a recap from the race.

I think there was some confusion as Ive been hosting most T&L events this far. Ill try to get the race host posted in the race info post from now. Im sorry there has been some confusion but hopefully well get things sorted in the future. Lots of fun events is on the schedule and the goal has to be full lobbys of mates.

Last edited:
T&L RACE TIMEs

clock.png

After making a poll about what race time that would suite most of you this will be our standard race times if nothing else is stated in the race post:

WEDNESDAY RACE NIGHT: 20.00 GMT

SATURDAY RACE NIGHT: 20.00 GMT

Timezone guide

Hey, I think I'll be able to participate tomorrow night. Put me down for the Merc please. I haven't driven it before but it looks like it's difficult to pass!

See you on track at 8bst.

Dan.

The Mercedes CLK is the best of the DTM cars by some noticeable margin, but with the power limited to 94% as per this event, it's much more equalised and will produce excellent close racing. It's still a beauty to drive and turns in like you would not believe 👍

Great to have you join us Dan :)

Sounds good to me maz ,I'll let you know what car I'll be driving a bit later on ,cheers mate.

Bring the cat!!! :cheers:

I think there was some confusion as Ive been hosting most T&L events this far. Ill try to get the race host posted in the race info post from now. Im sorry there has been some confusion but hopefully well get things sorted in the future. Lots of fun events is on the schedule and the goal has to be full lobbys of mates.

Good point Jon, just to be clear, I will be hosting the Wednesday night lobbies tomorrow night for the DTM racing 👍

All the best
Maz

Should count me in Maz 👍

Will make my choice for the car tonight :sly:

Should count me in Maz 👍

Will make my choice for the car tonight :sly:

SALUT MONSIEUR!! Excellent :)

Post it here my man and add what time you will be racing (1900GMT or 2000 GMT or both) and I will update the post.

All the best
Maz

Hey guys.... Is this an open event for the racing tonight? If so I'd like to join with the BMW M3 GTR for the 20.00GMT races... :) One question though... which I didnt see in the event post is if we can tune suspension and such?

Hey guys.... Is this an open event for the racing tonight? If so I'd like to join with the BMW M3 GTR for the 20.00GMT races... :) One question though... which I didnt see in the event post is if we can tune suspension and such?

Yes you can. For the most we like to keep the cars as stock as possible but when right parts is already on the car you´re free to tune as much as you like.

Im away for a conference next 2 days and cant join you tonight. Best of luck to all of you taking part and please have a look at next wednesdays race combo. It would be a smart idea to check the used car dealer if you lack some of the cars needed.

Thanks for the info Jon... So now one question remains, is it okay for me to join? Or is it a closed event tonight? :)

Blitz you are ok to join tonight, just tell me which car and which race you are attending 👍 EDIT just saw you already posted this above Blitz, excellent :)

Richard, none of the cars are Premium, but there is an Astra touring car '00 in the Online Collector's Dealership at the moment, which is perfect for this event 👍

All the best
Maz

Last edited:
Back