Infamous Tunes * New Garage Name * New Release The R-Evolution *

• Thread starter No_OBsT33R
  • 437 comments
Well, as Adrenalin and myself dislike each other (obvious) It's also obvious his testing and reviews of my settings are rather biased. I've gotten nothing but great feedback from anybody else who drives my Tunes. So if there is people without personal gripes (or biased to either side) that would like to share their thoughts and opinions, I think that would be more valuable then the ramblings of someone who has a personal gripe with me.

Tuning is subjective. What worked for you might not work for somebody else. So if this is simply a matter of my tuning Style not suiting Adrenalin's driving style. Its as simple as that, Adrenalin, move on. You obviously don't need any help tuning (in your own mind) and tuners (or people putting out settings) have no business as reviewers. That's like Listening to Toyota reviewing cars praising their own while criticizing the competition. Seem at all familiar??

Testing on The R8 is going well, I've got the car riding easy 1:04's and a few 1:03's at TGTT.

I'll have the set up posted when dialed in.

All assist off (including "shift assist")
DS3
Manual Transmission.

864e353c.jpg

Yeah brushing up on that 1:02. I'm getting the R8 pretty quick, maybe a bit faster if I had a wheel that wasn't broken and stuck on my DS3.

NOTE to Adrenalin
Any of those credentials yet? Or you ignoring(avoiding) the question? If your going to be so critical, and out right tell people their methods are right or wrong, please inform us where your knowledge comes from. Info is only as good as the source. If the source is unknown it's worthless as I don't know if your an Ayrton Senna class driver (well....) or some nerd who never drove a track in his life, or even came close to tuning cars..,

Last edited by a moderator:
No_OBsT33R:

Please refrain from double (or triple in this case) posts. Next time edit your last post with the new info, if no other member has posted since.

Thank you

;)

I have tested also your settings, it will be dificult for me to describe exactly with a lot of words like you do, because my english is too bad for that.
But i like a lot the alll aroud feeling that i've had, almost no fail, very fast and safe, but the only thing is not OK for me is when you have to put again the power since the middle till the go out of a medium or long corner ,the front of the car don't want to go inside staying on the tangente. So you have to wait and loose regain of speed , loosing time...
I drive on suzuka with it and i'm 1,5 sc more slow than with mine.
Correcting this point it will be a fantastic tune.
Sorry for my english but i've learn listening to the rolling stones. (don't talk about car)

I'll make sure to not double/triple post as so.

praiano63
I have tested also your settings, it will be dificult for me to describe exactly with a lot of words like you do, because my english is too bad for that.
But i like a lot the alll aroud feeling that i've had, almost no fail, very fast and safe, but the only thing is not OK for me is when you have to put again the power since the middle till the go out of a medium or long corner ,the front of the car don't want to go inside staying on the tangente. So you have to wait and loose regain of speed , loosing time...
I drive on suzuka with it and i'm 1,5 sc more slow than with mine.
Correcting this point it will be a fantastic tune.
Sorry for my english but i've learn listening to the rolling stones. (don't talk about car)

Thanks for checking them out. I will defiantly look into it, I think I may be able to readjust the dampers and front toe for better performance.

Im also testing some variations with alternate spring rates (lil softer) aiming for high speed turn in.

Were is she understeering on the track?
Is it the sweeper after the hairpin?

Edit:
I'm showing good results on my end but I'd like to test it where you experience the understeer so I can do my testing there also to make sure it's all good.

Last edited:
I'll make sure to not double/triple post as so.

Thanks for checking them out. I will defiantly look into it, I think I may be able to readjust the dampers and front toe for better performance.

Im also testing some variations with alternate spring rates (lil softer) aiming for high speed turn in.

Were is she understeering on the track?
Is it the sweeper after the hairpin?

Edit:
I'm showing good results on my end but I'd like to test it where you experience the understeer so I can do my testing there also to make sure it's all good.

Sorry for that, i have to put some alert on the threads i'm following.
Yes ,on Suzuka there is four crucials point where this understeering prevent the gain of speed ,because you can't accelerate early. If you do this at this points of the circuit, you go out of your trajectorie.Those are the points i've found dificult to negociate with yours settups:

1- Out from the first curve going to the S curves.
2-Out from the dunlop to the Degner curve (this is the most important point, you have to accelerate direct from the bottom of the slope of the dunlop till you break for Degner.
3- Out from the harpin during the long right to the spoon. This one can be full gas only if you are on the perfect line .If you are out a little bit ,you have to decelerate to pass.
4- The last one is the out of the spoon that you cannot give all the power early enough to gain speed before the strait part till 130R.

That's it, i hope it will help, if you can correct this, this tune will be one of the best for me. Like an iron fist in a velvet glove.

Nice!!! This is how you let a guy know what needs to get done.

Thanks, I'll be going over this and run some testing, I've already got some stuff in the works.

Alright got something for yah, try this

-19/-6
12.5/12.9
8/9
7/8
6/4
2.9/2.6
-0.32/0.34

12/36/18

I'm working on a new set of gears too, will update when ready.

Alright got something for yah, try this

-19/-6
12.5/12.9
8/9
7/8
6/4
2.9/2.6
-0.32/0.34

12/36/18

I'm working on a new set of gears too, will update when ready.

Ok ,i'll try this tonight when back from work, if you have the new gears set till later also, send it please ,it will be a pleasure.

Ok ,i'll try this tonight when back from work, if you have the new gears set till later also, send it please ,it will be a pleasure.

The tune is OK now, no more understeer, no oversteer also, very very equilibrate. I turn Suzuka in the same time like with mine 1'57"200 500 700 regular. But it's definitively not my style, i like to play with throtle and brakes and more stiff for the quick reactions and precision .
Mission accomplished.
Congratulations.... Next.

Looks tight on entry and loose on exit...

I don't think I need to mention my thoughts on that.

Silly RJ...
If you're not a professional race car driver, Certified Technician, or qualified engineer of design at a car company, you have no business commenting on anything noobster related. His 1337 speak name and use of the term 'dat' are clearly above your level of intelligence and maturity. You'll never understand and your attempts to do so are feeble at best.

Silly RJ...
If you're not a professional race car driver, Certified Technician, or qualified engineer of design at a car company, you have no business commenting on anything noobster related. His 1337 speak name and use of the term 'dat' are clearly above your level of intelligence and maturity. You'll never understand and your attempts to do so are feeble at best.

Except I'll be certified in about a week and 3 months by my maths...

Except I'll be certified in about a week and 3 months by my maths...

Not good enough, you need to be a Master Tech, I should have clarified.
Get your class certs in order, take your ASE's and then get back to noobster. Don't forget, Masters also requires journeymen status, so a minimum 3 years actual shop experience. But I wouldn't know anything about that... would I. ;)

praiano63
The tune is OK now, no more understeer, no oversteer also, very very equilibrate. I turn Suzuka in the same time like with mine 1'57"200 500 700 regular. But it's definitively not my style, i like to play with throtle and brakes and more stiff for the quick reactions and precision .
Mission accomplished.
Congratulations.... Next.

Glad to hear it, I was a little too aggressive with the previous set up, it was good, but on the line, now it's much netter, but I will tweak it a bit more when I get home.

I also just realized I had spent too much time switching tracks, that when I went to Suzuka I only had 663hp, I picked up a new one (I have a specific reason I did so) and I fully tuned it before heading out and pre break in she's got 691hp hmmmm, what does she get after being broken in?

The extra HP is sure to net an improved lap time. This car just gets better and better.

Did you hear something? I think 2 Dogs whistled as they walked by.

LF-A Bullet

-19/-15
12.5/12.6
8/9
6/7
6/7
2.9/1.4
-0.32/0.34

12/36/18

Gears

236mph

Brakes
6/3

Alright, I'm going to finalize this Set up and move on to the next. I've much improved the Tune, just check it out and see.

For the sake of the Tune Thread, I was wondering if you're going to keep both LFA tunes posted, or if you're going to replace the old one with the updated one? If you are going to replace it, will it be in the post above #48, or will you update it's original post #2?
Thanks

Adrenaline
For the sake of the Tune Thread, I was wondering if you're going to keep both LFA tunes posted, or if you're going to replace the old one with the updated one? If you are going to replace it, will it be in the post above #48, or will you update it's original post #2?
Thanks

I'm going to update the original post with the new set up so the link should be good.

I'll do the same for any update so you don't always have to fix em.

Give it a spin.

M3 CSL will be posted tomorrow. Excellent car, carves corners with ease, very balanced. Pleasure to drive. 3am now, I'll post up tomorrow.

BMW M3 CSL
The M3 CSL is an M3 un-caged. BMW took their already impressive M3 and refined it for aggressive performance. They threw comfort and convenience out the window (not completely ;) ) and focused on performance. I remember reading somewhere that when buying the car you have to sign an acknowledgement that the tires are ONLY useable in certain conditions.

The default set up is very balanced and performs beautifully, I had only good feelings, but I wanted to make it all it could be.

The first step was getting a decent starting point for the gears So I went to SSR7 and dialled in the top speed tuner to the cars maximum reachable top speed, I adjusted a better base gear set, that I would later dial in on the track.

I needed to figure out the cars suspension correction factor. You see the suspension works like a lever on the spring, we need to figure out the amount of force reduction there is at the spring. I have various tools \I use o do so; I do need the actual weight distribution, so I head off to the net and find its boasting a near perfect 50/50. No real surprise when feeling how well balanced the car is. After my calculations I figure there is a correction factor of 3 for the front and 2.5 for the rear. With this I calculated the best spring rate for maximum cornering balance, and 2 lower set levels to accommodate different tracks, all of these will be dialled in on the Track.

I originally adjusted the dampers according to the weight supported at that end, and again dialled it in on the track. I adjusted the Camber, and Sway bars based off my calculated (estimated) cornering yaw angle, and dialled them in on the track with toe angles.

After I felt I had the suspension balanced, I dialled in the gear set and LSD on the track.
My 2 main Tuning tracks were Nurburgring GP/F & Top Gear Test Track. Final dialling in of the set up was made at The Nurburgring Nordschlefe.

I will upload the settings after I'm done work. So far I've hit a blazing quick 1:06.2XX at TGTT.

After just a few laps at Tsukuba, I'm hitting 53's...

Last edited:
Hmm the car bounces up and down. Maybe a little bit more extension damping needed?
And it seems that the car understeers a lot under throttle.

But yeah I've never driven a M3 CSL and I'm sure you know what to do.

dr_slump
Hmm the car bounces up and down. Maybe a little bit more extension damping needed?
And it seems that the car understeers a lot under throttle.

But yeah I've never driven a M3 CSL and I'm sure you know what to do.

Yeah Tsukuba is one of those tracks. You can't be as aggressive on your SR. I dialed in 3 sets of spring rates at 3 levels of stiffness depending on the track. When I ran the lap I was using the stiffest set, I figure the lap was cut perfect and fast enough, just for kicks I ran it with the medium set and it cut .5 off the lap time right out the gate, I figure the lowest set would do better, I didn't have enough time to try, but I will when I get home.

This car is solid. :D

Grand Touring Garage - Ford Mustang Trans-Cammer '70

This car is a Premium Model available for Purchase in the GTG Showroom
Cost: Cr. 725,000

This car is the 2009 "SEMA" "Gran Turismo" Award Winner. It is a Racing Frame with a 1970 Ford Mustang Body, and a engine designed to take on the HEMI at NASCAR in the late 60's, The "Cammer".

Stage 3 Weight Reduction
Window Weight Reduction
Chassis Reinforcement
Engine Tuning Stage 3
Titanium Racing Exhaust
Supercharger
Fully Customizable Transmission
Adjustable LSD
Fully Customizable Suspension
Racing Soft Tires

GTG-Trans-Cammer.jpg

I heard she was a good for nothing car, but I didn't see that at all. I saw a mix between historical and modern tech the way I like it. The sexy lines of the late 60's early 70'smustange, the history of the "Cammer" engine, meshed with all the modern tech a race car could want.

I was expecting her to drive like a trailer queen, beautiful on the showroom, impressive specs sheet, but never seeing a heavy foot put her to the test. At first she felt twitchy and very "Straight line" oriented, but with a little bit of Tuning, we got ourselves quite a fun beast to play with, and a mean exhaust note to piss off our neighbors with.

BMW M3 CSL '03

This without a doubt has to be one of my Favorite cars in the GT Series. I fell in love in GT4 and its been my Baby ever since. This car is far superior then the PP points gives it credit for and using it in a PP limited race is almost cheating. It will be the car cutting laps just a few seconds under your top dogs. Its packing a Sledge Hammer amount of 500hp o_O, well it's not that big of a Sledge Hammer, but holly crap can she swing it. It's stuck to the track like (all of the cliches) "Stuck like glue", "corners like its on rails", "razor sharp handling", "I can't believe it isn't butter"... Okay maybe not that last one but you get the idea. :D

This car is only available in the "Used Car Dealership" its very cheap. Once you have one MAKE SURE to give it an Oil change and wash, followed by the Engine & Chassis Rebuilds.

Bring her to the Parts Store and buy yourself;

Stage 3 Weight Reduction
Window Weight Reduction
Engine Tuning Stage 3
ECU Tuning
Sports Intake Manifold
Racing Air Filter
Sports Exhaust Manifold
Sports Catalytic converter
Titanium Racing Exhaust
Fully Tunable Transmission
Adjustable LSD
Fully Tunable Suspension

I put a Wing on mine.

BMW-M3CSL-1.jpg

Get in this car and give it a go, I have Tuned the car to its LIMIT, this car is set up as lose as possible to a rave car, F-comfort.

Last edited:
Lets not Forget The BlackbiRD

0001-2.jpg

I tuned this car to be the most driver friendly RUF CTR could be, its been very well received, despit Adrenalin and I not seeing eye to eye on everything, even he had to admit it was the most driver friendly of all available

Anybody try out the latest releases? That Beemer is a bad ass, it's practically cheating to do a PP race with it. The damn thing is too good, it's impossible for the PP to be only 566pp.

Back