Infamous Tunes * New Garage Name * New Release The R-Evolution *

• Thread starter No_OBsT33R
  • 437 comments
CyKosis1973
I suspected just tightening the brakes up a little would suffice. I'm running the CSL at stock weight for the moment (as per theewar's post, 1385kg).

If I remember rightly, I took my original E92 M3 spring rates from a set of KSport coilovers

SR F: 7.5kg/420lb
SR R: 10kg/560lb

I only had the spring rates, no bound/rebound, camber or toe figures, so I had to take a punt at them.

I've got four more potential suspension setups (HKS) to try for E90 and E46 3 Series Bimmers. Three of them are softer than the above 7.5kg/10kg KSport springs, the fourth is super hard. I'm still trying to prove I can convert bound/rebound figures. I've also got a bunch of Tein spring rates to try...

{Cy}

Yeah literally 1 to 2 clicks up for the front and 0 to 1 for the rear (I'm at home now but only for a few min, not enough to test.) with some Track testing.

Thanks for the info on the spring rates, and I'm intrigued to hear about your damper calculations.

I'm going to play around with a street tuned edition using the IRL counter part specs, might be fun to run some time attack with these types of Tunes, if you guys are up for it.

Any specs for E49 race cars? Be interesting to see the IRL contrast track to street.

Toyota Supra RZ is on it's way, just need my bro to finish up playing AC Brotherhood and I'll get it up. I like the sound of this beast.

Here is the Latest HQTG Release...

The Mighty Supra..

Car: Toyota Supra RZ '97
Purchase Location: UCD
Fully Repair Vehicle (engine/chassis)
Give her a Bath

Part List
GT Wing

Body Chassis
Weight Reduction: Stage 3
Window Weight Reduction
Chassis Reinforcement

Engine
Computer: ECU Tuned
Engine Tuning: Stage 3

Intake System
Sports Intake Manifold
Racing Air Filter

Exhaust
Sports Exhaust Manifold
Catalytic Converter: Sports
Titanium Racing Exhaust

Turbo Kit
High RPM Range Turbo Kit

Transmission
Fully Customizable

Drivetrain
Clutch: Twin-Plate
Flywheel: Semi Racing
Adjustable LSD
Carbon Drive Shaft

Suspension
Fully Customizable

Toyota-SupraRZ97.jpg

Give her a spin, let me know how she handles for yah.

Last edited:
Here is the Latest HQTG Release...

The Mighty Supra..

Car: Toyota Supra RZ '97
Purchase Location: UCD
Fully Repair Vehicle (engine/chassis)
Give her a Bath

Part List
GT Wing

Body Chassis
Weight Reduction: Stage 3
Window Weight Reduction
Chassis Reinforcement

Engine
Computer: ECU Tuned
Engine Tuning: Stage 3

Intake System
Sports Intake Manifold
Racing Air Filter

Exhaust
Sports Exhaust Manifold
Catalytic Converter: Sports
Titanium Racing Exhaust

Turbo Kit
High RPM Range Turbo Kit

Transmission
Fully Customizable

Drivetrain
Clutch: Twin-Plate
Flywheel: Semi Racing
Adjustable LSD
Carbon Drive Shaft

Suspension
Fully Customizable

Toyota-SupraRZ97.jpg

Give her a spin, let me know how she handles for yah.
Intresting setup, got to test it. 👍

TT3AZ
What do you mean?

Big on Grip little on slip, like the tires are chiseling their way around corners , she has fierce acceleration like she wants to devour the Track ahead of her.

IDK, just trying to do a little creative writing, hyping up the Tune. o_O

why_spyder
What Z are you releasing?

The Fairlady Z will be the '08 Z34, posted up shortly.

Evil 370 Z

Purchase at: Nissan
Model: Fairlady Z (Z34) '08
Get a Oil change

Fully Tuned (will post specific specs later)

Nissan-FairladyZZ3408.jpg

I will update more details when I get home.

CyKosis1973
No_OBsT33R, ya filthy mongrel, tidy your inbox up so I can PM you ;)

Ta,
{Cy}

Sure thing, just can't do it from the iPhone app, I can't even send a PM.

I'll do it now, gimme a few min.

EDIT
Done, whuts up?

Last edited:
SUPRA
HP 515
weight 1228
pp 552
I have limited power, trying to find a 550 pp car with around 500hp. Just tried out your tune on Trial mountain. Your set up has exactly what i like, tons of grip when existing the corners. Sure i get some tire smoke,actually a lot but it is controllable. The car does seem to drift when entering the corners. Just a difference in driving style. When i braked early the car set up great, no middle of the turn drift, and like i said, stamp on the throttle when existing and the thing hangs on. I was surprised seeing that you installed a rear wing and i am driving without one. Was able to reduce my lap time by over 1.5 sec. Best i had was 1.27.593. withe avg being high 1.27.xxx.
Look forward to some more of your tunes. Thanks

Thanks, glad your diggin the Tune. I get that extra lil bit of traction with the wing. I don't mind it. Still wishing they at some point let us switch up rims on some of these standards

Thanks, glad your diggin the Tune. I get that extra lil bit of traction with the wing. I don't mind it. Still wishing they at some point let us switch up rims on some of these standards
The setup is okay, or at least the LSD settings, but its getting a bit unstable at the corners at nurburg ring, specialy at high speeds. A little bit more camber on front and rear tires, and stiffer springs helped me a bit.

/Supra RZ

Thanks!!!

Have you tried out the Supra or Fairlady tunes yet? Awesome go-fast cars.

I've had a quick blast in the Tom's Supra, but not the RZ yet. I did buy the RZ today though, so once I find some time, I'll surely be trying it out..!!

Oddly, I've barely touched any of the Japanese motors. In GT4, I loved the RXs, Skylines, Z Cars, Scoobies and Evos. Thus far in GT5, me and my race buds haven't gotten around to racing many of them yet...:ouch:

{Cy}

LEXUS LF A 10
Same hp this time.

This car is a beast. Power all day long. I was having problems with this car. I used another tuners setup, prianno, i think is the tune shop. He had what i thought was a decent set up until i gave yours a try. Was able to drop a few tenths on Indy road course first time out. Time drop by over half second after a few laps. Still i was fighting under steer going into and at half corner. The grip out of the corner was dead on. So into the garage i took this monster and after a few trial and errors i tweaked it just enough to lower the under steer. I am no longer in a constant fight regarding the under steer, just a little disagreement every now and then. On the track was able to drop anther half second and finish with a best of 1:30.016. If tried the track longer i am sure i could drop it more. Indy road course is one of my least favorites.
Your tune sheets are great to look at, however I find the fonts you use along with the size make for a tough read. I was getting your 3 and 5 confused. Maybe it just my age but a different font and a larger size may make it easier to read. Thanks again. On to try another,

TT3AZ
The setup is okay, or at least the LSD settings, but its getting a bit unstable at the corners at nurburg ring, specialy at high speeds. A little bit more camber on front and rear tires, and stiffer springs helped me a bit.

/Supra RZ

A lil tweakin to your style & Track is always a good thing. :D glad the LSD is on point for yah.

CyKosis1973
I've had a quick blast in the Tom's Supra, but not the RZ yet. I did buy the RZ today though, so once I find some time, I'll surely be trying it out..!!

Oddly, I've barely touched any of the Japanese motors. In GT4, I loved the RXs, Skylines, Z Cars, Scoobies and Evos. Thus far in GT5, me and my race buds haven't gotten around to racing many of them yet...:ouch:

{Cy}

Give her a go, lots of power and great acceleration. The J-Specs are alright, Boost Baby Yeah.

SGETI
LEXUS LF A 10
Same hp this time.

This car is a beast. Power all day long. I was having problems with this car. I used another tuners setup, prianno, i think is the tune shop. He had what i thought was a decent set up until i gave yours a try. Was able to drop a few tenths on Indy road course first time out. Time drop by over half second after a few laps. Still i was fighting under steer going into and at half corner. The grip out of the corner was dead on. So into the garage i took this monster and after a few trial and errors i tweaked it just enough to lower the under steer. I am no longer in a constant fight regarding the under steer, just a little disagreement every now and then. On the track was able to drop anther half second and finish with a best of 1:30.016. If tried the track longer i am sure i could drop it more. Indy road course is one of my least favorites.
Your tune sheets are great to look at, however I find the fonts you use along with the size make for a tough read. I was getting your 3 and 5 confused. Maybe it just my age but a different font and a larger size may make it easier to read. Thanks again. On to try another,

Great to hear, I had mine in desperate need of a engine/chassis rebuild the first time around from over testing without getting repairs enough. I got it fixed up & tuned up.

Check out the Fairlady Z, not as much hp but still pretty quick. Very balanced.

Last edited:
Project cars;

RX-8 Type S '08
Silvia S15 RM
SVT Cobra R

I'll also be updating to a more legible font as per request.

Last edited:
dr_slump
Yes, I do
Just wait a little bit.

EDIT: Devilish? Are you kidding? This car is as devilish as dry bred.

I think it looks Evil :D just IMO. I have mine all black with gold Rims. B) :) :P Then it's ability to rape more powerful cars is just mean.

Ok I tried the 370Z.
Ehmm, it drives like a 370Z: boring, neutral, unspectacular, efficient, easy and not devilish.
The Fairlady is already with the stock setup a great car and there's not much to improve.

I compared your tune with RKM's Midnight thing.
Your tune is a little bit less understeering and feels more direct. But it has compared with RKM's a lack of traction. The outside tire gets red from time to time.
And you should make a better transmission, cause you lose a lot of time on the straight.

I think with a better transmission, your tune would be better on fast tracks and just a little bit slower on tight circuits.

Good job!👍

Back