GTP_Inter_Divisional_Online _Racing (GTP_IDOR) Race Two post #232

• Thread starter dranddad
  • 371 comments
Sorry i have'nt replayed to the notification things have been busy over here i'd be happy to take part when i can granted that PSN works again lol PSN ID GTP_COBRA

Thanks for the invite.

New Start Date now PSN is back and looks stable, you may practice as much as you like.

Room Number: 1472-6118-3916-1737-1138 closed

GTP_IDOR Race two GT300 (by request)

Start Date Friday 20th May

Although this is not a past WRS race, we did say that we would run a mix of WRS and requested races.

This being one of the popular ones, this time in reverse at Deep Forest, the rules are the same as WRS.

picture.php

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

There are four cars for you to pick from

RE Amemiya Amemiya AsparaDrink RX7 (SUPER GT) '06 | 514pp

Subaru CUSCO SUBARU ADVAN IMPREZA (JGTC) '03 | 514pp

Autobacs ARTA Garaiya (SUPER GT) '08 | 514pp

Lexus Weds Sport IS350 (SUPER GT) '08 | 523pp

Car settings.

All cars are tuneable and have racing hard tyres but all must be no more than 514pp, as each Room Lounge will be set to a max of 514pp and softest tyre available Racing Hard.

Room or lounge settings as per WRS, SRF off all other settings optional as would be in WRS, but I leave that up to you on the day if all members wish to have different room settings.

Race duration is 15 laps with just one compulsory pit stop tyres and re-fuels.

Pit lane open end of lap 6 and is closed end of lap twelve.

As passing places on this track are somewhat hard to find when you pit between laps 6 and 12 is up to you, tactics may come into play here if your stuck behind the guy in front, you may like to pit a lap later with a flying in lap to see if you can jump the guy in front.

GT300 is not the quickest but here at Deep Forest with so many adverse cambers and undulations it does prove challenging at times with these cars.

Run as many races as you wish, but you can only nominate one main race for entering your Total race time and fastest lap time for the points and placing,
Make a note of your total race time at the end of the race, as this does not show up in the replay in live timing. Don’t forget to save replay at the end of your main race to see what your fastest lap time was.

The concrete section after the third tunnel is not track, it cannot be used for over taking, if you use this to avoid a collision you must give the place back again before the start finish line, as in the picture of

RE Amemiya Amemiya AsparaDrink RX7 (SUPER GT) '06 photo three.

There is still seven days to get a time in on the CR-Z race one, to get points to carry over to this race as this is the second of four races in this round. At the end of the four races only the top four places will be awarded prises in each division.

Hope you enjoy this race as race one I know was not to exciting, but we had to start somewhere as an ice breaker and easy for all divisions.

Other links for interested members for racing events or online see
Weekly Race Series
GTP_OMRS
TCRacing
T&L Racing

Phillip.

Last edited:
Hi Phillip.

The event starts on Friday. Does it run through Sunday? Or just based on interest level?

I think I'll show up in my Weddsport Lexus, this is one of my favorite tracks of all time. :D

EDK
Hi Phillip.

The event starts on Friday. Does it run through Sunday? Or just based on interest level?

I think I'll show up in my Weddsport Lexus, this is one of my favorite tracks of all time. :D

Thanks Kevin be nice to see you and others join in with some good fun, it will run for a week or more as there are four car to pick from.

Give everyone chance to test them out with work and personal live an all.

I know Maz is keen too.

Phillip

I've not long opened the Room and its full already

Opened a room online yesterday at 3.45pm and it was soon full, for the most part for the next 4 hours that's how it stayed 15/16, wasn't till the last 2 hours of the 6hours the room was open that the numbers became more manageable, even then there were 12/13 still lining up on the grid.

One or two photo's Deep Forest Reverse race link

picture.php
picture.php

I'll not even try to get into the names of all who took part, but this is how the grids were for 6 hours of racing, all lined up cico, Wes, Neenor, Andy and next, here you can see GTP_DGiant and GTP_Lynx-can really going for it, that's how it stayed for the hole race with places changing time after time over the 15 laps.

picture.php
picture.php

GTP_cico & GTP_w-g-e were like twins joined at the hip, Wes here making a move on cico after coming of the final turn.​

I could go on and on with photos but I'll try and put a couple of short videos in the thread.​

There were a large number of GTP_Taged drivers in the room GTP_Joylord, GTP_Neenor, GTP_Lynx-can, GTP_dodc, GTP_Sutuki, plus the members above the list goes on sorry.​

None gtp members that were impresive were Kidtricky, 3-2-1 Dustybin, but I can't remember them all, sorry I'm old. If you are a guest that visits GTPLanet and reading this I hope you enjoyed your racing with us.​

I'm sure others will give comments about there return to online racing and this event, after the long spell off with PSN being down.​

Thanks all that joined, as there are a number of cars to work with here, plus giving everyone lots of time to find members in their own division to meet up and race with (best way is to post in this thread, I'm free to race this weekend Div 1,2,3,4,5) I plan on keeping this race event going for at least two weekends, before returning to past WRS race event.​

Have fun. Phillip.​

Last edited:
Opened a room online yesterday at 3.45pm and it was soon full, for the most part for the next 4 hours that's how it stayed 15/16, wasn't till the last 2 hours of the 6hours the room was open that the numbers became more manageable, even then there were 12/13 still lining up on the grid.

Was great to get back into the online racing yesterday and to have such great close racing was a perfect start. I think this combo is going to be a whole lot of fun :D

I have definitely got to find some time for this!

Phillip, I am now in D4.

Thanks,

Dan

Room open for practice and tuning. 1472-6118-3830-2743-8067
Closed for now, back later

Deep Forest Reverse race link

RE Amemiya Amemiya AsparaDrink RX7 (SUPER GT) '06 | 514pp

Subaru CUSCO SUBARU ADVAN IMPREZA (JGTC) '03 | 514pp

Autobacs ARTA Garaiya (SUPER GT) '08 | 514pp

Lexus Weds Sport IS350 (SUPER GT) '08 | 523pp

All GTPLanet members are welcome.

Phillip.

Last edited:
Is this still happening? Anyways I'm now Division 3. Probably shouldn't have mentioned that. Going to get my ass whupped.:nervous::lol:

Is this still happening? Anyways I'm now Division 3. Probably shouldn't have mentioned that. Going to get my ass whupped.:nervous::lol:

Hi Luke.

Yes still running, I was hoping you would open a online room and invite other members to join you.

Just post the room number in the thread here, I'll come and join you and I'm sure others will too. 👍

Phillip.

I'll update the list and the spread sheet soon Luke thanks for letting me know.

Last edited:
Room number: 1472 - 6681 - 3115 - 0602 - 1220 closed

All divisions

GT300 at Deep Forest Reverse

Last edited:
Room number: 1472 - 6681 - 3115 - 0602 - 1220 open
I'm away for a moment, but the room stays open.

All divisions

GT300 at Deep Forest Reverse

Nice time you set in that race Wes. 👍

Phillip.

Here's what I'm using:

Car: Autobacs Arta Garaya '08
Track: Deep Forest Reverse
Performance points: 514
Power: 332 BHP (Number will go up when driving more miles, no oil change (as it's not allowed)).
Weight: 1175 kg
Tyres: racing hard/racing hard

Performance
Aerodynamics: 15/41
Ballast amount: 0
Ballast position: -50
HP limiter: 100%

Transmission
1st gear: 2.878
2nd gear: 2.055
3rd gear: 1.628
4th gear: 1.360
5th gear: 1.156
6th gear: 0.993
Final gear: 4.030
Max speed: 250

Drivetrain
LSD settings: 25/45/10

Suspension
Ride height: -9/-10
Spring rate: 15.0/15.0
Dampers extension: 4/7
Dampers compression: 4/4
Anti roll bars: 6/6
Camber: 2.5/1.5
Toe: 0.10/0.20

Brakes
Brake balance: 3/7
ABS: 3

Notes: The numers in red are changes I made par 02-06-2011 8:50 pm GMT. Blue numbers are changes I made par 03-06-2011 12:00 PM GMT. You have to adjust aerodynamics and/or ballast as the car gets more power when driving more miles. My best lap with this is 1'14.921 1'14.900 (without slipstream).

Last edited:
Thanks to Phil for the car and to Wes for the tune - I'll be trying both out shortly! 👍

Thanks to Phil for the car and to Wes for the tune - I'll be trying both out shortly! 👍
That's why I've posted it.👍

Last edited:
I need alot more practice than I thought - just finished a session and my best lap was in the 1'18s! :ouch:

I need alot more practice than I thought - just finished a session and my best lap was in the 1'18s! :ouch:
I think you'll like this one more:

Car: RE Amemiya Asparadrink RX7 '06
Track: Deep Forest Reverse
Performance points: 514
Power: 315 BHP (Number will go up when driving more miles, no oil change (as it's not allowed)).
Weight: 1106 kg
Tyres: racing hard/racing hard

Performance
Aerodynamics: 35/35
Ballast amount: 6
Ballast position: -50
HP limiter: 100%

Transmission
1st gear: 3.272
2nd gear: 2.336
3rd gear: 1.816
4th gear: 1.535
5th gear: 1.316
6th gear: 1.129
Final gear: 4.020
Max speed: 250

Drivetrain
LSD settings: 10/40/10

Suspension
Ride height: -7/-10
Spring rate: 14.0/17.0
Dampers extension: 9/9
Dampers compression: 8/8
Anti roll bars: 1/1
Camber: 2.5/1.5
Toe: 0.10/0.08

Brakes
Brake balance: 5/7
ABS: 3

Notes: My best lap with this is 1'15.047 1'14.895 (without slipstream). It's easily capable of 1'14's. This is a real competitor of the Arta garaya. I don't know which car to choose yet.

Last edited:
Ok I said I would post my setup, not fancy but smooth just what an old codger like me needs with my slow reaction times, :grumpy:

Starting at the top of the shop.

Aero: 19 / 41 this is moveable as the bhp will rise till it hits max.

Ballast zero

Power limiter dependent on your upgrades as you have to make 514pp

Intake / Exhaust / Turbo are all as standard

Transmission Full custom set at max speed 174mph or default.

Differential LSD 10/40/20

Wheel Alignment Camber 1.5 / 1.0
Toe Angle 0.17 / 0.09

Suspension Ride Height -7 / 0 all other default.

Now for the important bit. In my opinion these two will make or break your lap with this car, if you unsettle the back end of this ARTA it will be unsettled all the way through the corner and onto the exit resulting in being way to late back on the gas, or if your impatient you spinning out.

ABS and Brake bias.

ABS 3

Brake bias 7 / 3

Like I said at the top not fast or fancy but gets the job done for someone like me with slow reaction times, I'm sure if the tune suits you a yonger chap with quicker reactions than my dumb bell feet would soon be into the 1'14.XXX

Small video to go with the tune enjoy 1'15.481.

Phillip.

Last edited:
Into the high 1'16s tonight - starting to get the feel for the track but putting in consistent laps in a real race isn't going to be easy against you speed demons. :)

Philip, can you show me the splits of that lap?

Awesome lap by the way..👍
So clean, so smooth, I'll have to try your toe and brake balance.

EDIT: Ride height is reversed (front is rear, rear is front), isn't it?

Last edited:
Philip, can you show me the splits of that lap?

Awesome lap by the way..👍
So clean, so smooth, I'll have to try your toe and brake balance.

EDIT: Ride height is reversed (front is rear, rear is front), isn't it?

Thank you Wes for the comments, sorry the video was a bit stop / go. I had too many windows open with this single core old computer don’t like doing to many things at the same time, ha bit like me.

With regards to R/H I don’t think it is Wes, if one was to put say 300kg into the boot of a car in real life, you would expect the back end of the car to swing about like a pendulum, as you would not only have the weight in the boot, but also transferred some of the cars weight to the rear also, as the back end would now be riding lower.

You can always try this yourself, pick any mid/rear car you like and set R/H to 0/0 and do 5 to 10 laps of deep forest. Then try the same thing same settings but change the R/H to 0 / -min and see the results.

I'll post the split times a little later with an edit to this post.

Into the high 1'16s tonight - starting to get the feel for the track but putting in consistent laps in a real race isn't going to be easy against you speed demons. :)

Well done Lin, took me for ever to break into the 1'16's I'm sure you be hitting 1'15 soon enough, once you have the braking and turn in points down. 👍

Phillip.

With regards to R/H I don’t think it is Wes, if one was to put say 300kg into the boot of a car in real life, you would expect the back end of the car to swing about like a pendulum, as you would not only have the weight in the boot, but also transferred some of the cars weight to the rear also, as the back end would now be riding lower.

You can always try this yourself, pick any mid/rear car you like and set R/H to 0/0 and do 5 to 10 laps of deep forest. Then try the same thing same settings but change the R/H to 0 / -min and see the results.
So what are your findings with regards to ride height then?
I've only tried a lower rear and it makes the car more unstable, but it also gives more turn in.

I'll try the other way around and post my findings.

Ahh scrap that, now I get it.
Have to try way different settings now.:dunce:

Last edited:
So what are your findings with regards to ride height then?
I've only tried a lower rear and it makes the car more unstable, but it also gives more turn in.

I'll try the other way around and post my findings.

Ahh scrap that, now I get it.
Have to try way different settings now.:dunce:

No :crazy: don't change your settings Wes, keep what you have its working, you would have compensated for the R/H ballast and other by changes to your camber springs and dampers.

Remember there is not a perfect tune in GT5, as changing one setting will almost always affect another.

I've found that most tunes I've tried from others all work well, the only differences are how they turn in, ride bumps, weight transfer under braking and cornering. I don't think anybody will find a right way or a wrong way to tune within the game, until such time as there is a tuning guide update from PD on the thinking and values used within the game.

Or maybe a graph like tire indicator red/blue whereby once you pass optimum the graph turns pink then red, like camber starts off blue turns to green for optimum then pink and red for past the point of no return :scared: are you made. :lol:

Anyway this is a very big topic and not one to be had here, sorry for my ramblings I should know better, admin will be telling us off.
My splits Wes, not that hot.

T1: 0'21.948
T2: 0'27.318 = 0'49.266
T3: 0'26.215 = 1'15.481 lap

Phillip.

No :crazy: don't change your settings Wes, keep what you have its working, you would have compensated for the R/H ballast and other by changes to your camber springs and dampers.

Remember there is not a perfect tune in GT5, as changing one setting will almost always affect another.

I've found that most tunes I've tried from others all work well, the only differences are how they turn in, ride bumps, weight transfer under braking and cornering. I don't think anybody will find a right way or a wrong way to tune within the game, until such time as there is a tuning guide update from PD on the thinking and values used within the game.

Or maybe a graph like tire indicator red/blue whereby once you pass optimum the graph turns pink then red, like camber starts off blue turns to green for optimum then pink and red for past the point of no return :scared: are you made. :lol:

Anyway this is a very big topic and not one to be had here, sorry for my ramblings I should know better, admin will be telling us off.
My splits Wes, not that hot.

T1: 0'21.948
T2: 0'27.318 = 0'49.266
T3: 0'26.215 = 1'15.481 lap

Phillip.
Yeah, I guess you're right.

I'll have to make some changes though. I've found the car is not turning in too well. But I thought I couldn't make it turn in any better. Thanks for the heads up.💡

What's the end date for the current combo? I might be able to give this a shot.

Back