WSCC - Racing School - Sunday June 26th - 2 sessions

• Thread starter turbogeit
  • 154 comments
- Track has been changed and will be Cape ring inside

Is it because you feel you need more practice avoiding hitting other cars specifically on Cape Ring Inside?

:lol: LOL :D
(I couldn't stop myself.)

You'll still give me the race car I need right? :guilty: Even though I'm a smarty pants. :sly:
I know nothing about race cars. I really need one that I can just "salt to taste".
And then hopefully drive without too much drama.

@watermelonpunch - I'll send you a car if you need it. Just add boshuter to your friends list. Any particular GT500 you want?

Is it because you feel you need more practice avoiding hitting other cars specifically on Cape Ring Inside?

:lol: LOL :D
(I couldn't stop myself.)

You'll still give me the race car I need right? :guilty: Even though I'm a smarty pants. :sly:
I know nothing about race cars. I really need one that I can just "salt to taste".
And then hopefully drive without too much drama.

For those who don't understand: I had a bad race last week on that track: went of several times, spinned into the pit exit, and unfortunately hit watermelonpunch...

Just sent the RX7 Amemyia to watermelonpunch, ready for use.

Will send it to iamsupernasty after midnight.

Thanks for the car Turbogeit.
Looks good & ready. :) No guarantee I will drive it well though! ;)

(Oh, and I'm still planning on watching that replay to see the spin into the pit exit that Tiger described as being so impressive!!!)

Oh, and I'm a tad confused about the time.. It says GMT and EST
Should I add +1 for BST & EDT?

For example:
GMT+1 = BST = EDT
GMT = EST

I get so confused about translating time zones & summer time changes. :crazy:

Watermelon, in PA your race will start at 5PM on Sunday.

I'm quite certain that Turbo meant EDT.

I have replaces all GMT by UK time. (UK = Gmt+1 in summer, what many people forget)
I don't understand anything about USA time and for that rely on information GTRedline gives me.

@watermelon: here a link to time difference with Pennsylvania

@iamsupernasty: and her for the difference with Chicago

If I understand well:

compared to Pares (CET) :6 hours difference to Pennsylvania, 7 to Chicago
compared to London (UK): 5 hours difference to Pennsylvania, 6 to Chicago

Last edited:
OMG.
Once you guys figure this out... Then maybe you could start next to figure out what time it would be, if you were moving near the speed of light, traveling in the vicinity of a black hole. LOL :D

Just tell me the time I should arrive according to BST/GMT+1 ???

I just know that where I am:
The same time as New York
I'm 5 hours earlier than what time it is currently in London (BST).
I'm 3 hours later than the time it is in California (PDT)

Beyond that, I just get confused.

Dear WSCC,

This is exactly what I need!

I need to go to racing school!

Awesome.

This is my request to be included in some training sessions.

If I read the OP correctly, it's 10pmUK sunday night, which for me in Canada Eastern Time zome (GMT-5) would be 4pm (?) since UK = GMT+1 right now (am I wrong?).

Anyhow, I have a class at 6pm Sunday evenings, and I leave about 5:30.

So even if the race is 5pm, I could catch a half session. And, I might miss a class or two for something like this anyway.

But that would put me lower in the pile of newcomers, which is understandable.

So perhaps if there is a second class (lobby) arranged, I could join that.

Anyhow, pathetic humans, this is a great idea and promises to be full of fun and education!

Hope to see you there.

GTP: morbo PSN: galikazoid

OMG.
Once you guys figure this out... Then maybe you could start next to figure out what time it would be, if you were moving near the speed of light, traveling in the vicinity of a black hole. LOL :D

Just tell me the time I should arrive according to BST/GMT+1 ???

I just know that where I am:
The same time as New York
I'm 5 hours earlier than what time it is currently in London (BST).
I'm 3 hours later than the time it is in California (PDT)

Beyond that, I just get confused.

That's right I see now that the time differences I gave in my previous post were differences compared to CET - Paris. (edited that post)

Dear WSCC,

This is exactly what I need!

I need to go to racing school!

Awesome.

This is my request to be included in some training sessions.

If I read the OP correctly, it's 10pmUK sunday night, which for me in Canada Eastern Time zome (GMT-5) would be 4pm (?) since UK = GMT+1 right now (am I wrong?).

Anyhow, I have a class at 6pm Sunday evenings, and I leave about 5:30.

So even if the race is 5pm, I could catch a half session. And, I might miss a class or two for something like this anyway.

But that would put me lower in the pile of newcomers, which is understandable.

So perhaps if there is a second class (lobby) arranged, I could join that.

Anyhow, pathetic humans, this is a great idea and promises to be full of fun and education!

Hope to see you there.

GTP: morbo PSN: galikazoid

I sign you up. We are considering to put some variation in hours and perhaps even in days. More information will follow.

Members sign-up priority period is closed. So the two new members have beeen added definitively to the sign-up list.

Be welcome to the club!

Club invitation sent to morbo and mattymc96. You have to accept this invitation in order to get access to the private club space content.

@morbo: given that it is your first WSCC-event and that you can only do one of the two races, I will put you in the Cappucino RM

2 things:

In case I am available for the 2nd session, and will switch to a GT300, what are my options?

Also, please clarify for me the timezones.

UK time right now (summer) = GMT+1 (if not then that's where I am mistaken)

EST = (GMT-5)

Therefore, if UK race time = 10pm local (UK)

Then EST race time = 4pm

It bothers me that I am this confused.

Thanks in advance.

btw I just race modified a cappucino, and will spend some time to practise this week's course

Sigh, lol. Because both North American and European time zones change for daylight/summer savings and GMT doesn't, EST is GMT-4 until September. EST is always 5 hours behind the UK. (except for a few weeks, since daylight savings for both start/end at different times) Turbo's times in the OP are correct.

CET is an hour ahead of the UK. I believe it stands for Central Europe Time.?.?

Indeed and Paris, Brussels, Amsterdam, etc are CET zones.
There is indeed a time saving summer hour, which changes at the same time as in the UK.

I am going to put a link to that clock on most of our threads.

CET is an hour ahead of the UK. I believe it stands for Central Europe Time.?.?

Yes, and Copenhagen, Denmark is in CET. So 11pm in Copenhagen is 10pm in London. Thats pretty much what I know.

Maybe, we should try to make a list of our members timezones and then calculate the time difference between them, so we have that noted somewhere once and for all.

ID_racing : CET :)

Yes, and Copenhagen, Denmark is in CET. So 11pm in Copenhagen is 10pm in London. Thats pretty much what I know.

Maybe, we should try to make a list of our members timezones and then calculate the time difference between them, so we have that noted somewhere once and for all.

ID_racing : CET :)

I think the link on the first post of all threads may help also. I suppose everybody k can calculate starting from London - UK time.

Back