WSCC - Racing School - Sunday June 26th - 2 sessions

• Thread starter turbogeit
  • 154 comments
btw P_O_P_E

please send me friend request

PSN: galikazoid

or let me know and i will send FR to you

thanks

Put me down for the first session, I'm sure I can make that.

If I'm free and it's not full, I may attend the second also.

We are currently have 6 people signed up for the first session. We need at least 8 for it to be productive so I would like to see 10 signed up for this to happen. I'm working on other formats that will allow for smaller groups, but for this weeks setup it's all about big groups.

Concerning session 2: If I am not there at 9:30 pm London time (UK) - 4:30 EST, please go into the lounge.

I will be on the road the whole day and am not 100% sure I'll be back in time. Let's say there is 10% change I won't be back in time.

We are currently have 6 people signed up for the first session. We need at least 8 for it to be productive so I would like to see 10 signed up for this to happen. I'm working on other formats that will allow for smaller groups, but for this weeks setup it's all about big groups.

Looking at the sign up lists it looks like everyone in for session 1 is also down for session 2. I would be happy to drop session 1 & go with a good number in session 2. U may remove the brackets from my name as come what may I will definitely attend the second session?

Ok guys, just arrived home. Lounge opens in 2 minutes. Edit: open now.

There are places left: so just come in.

Still not home from a family thing, glad you made it on time turbo. I might be able to join for the second race.

Still not home from a family thing, glad you made it on time turbo. I might be able to join for the second race.

No problem, come in when you arrive.
Sunday is family day for most of us. I was late because of a visit to my parents, about 200miles from here.

This is a great concept. Driving the faster car forced me to quickly anticipate where the slow car would go when I was about to pass.. Some guys stayed to the left, others to the right, theres really not a lot of time to decide how to overtake! Funny thing, ghost cars still spook me, I saw one parked, coming into the first tight lefthander on lap 15, and I almost crashed. But it was a great car combo, nice difference in speed.

We were 8 for race 1, 7 for race 1. In order to have enough cars to be lapped, I did myself 2 lupo-stints.

I had a fantastic battle with Cobrius during more than 30 laps, just like at Indy in GT500/

In both races, there were problems after the finish of the "winner": finished cars continue driving at low speed and "disturb" cars that still have 1 or 2 laps to go. Why couldn't GT5 do like in real world races: after car 1 finishes, the race of all the others ends when they cross finish line.

This is a great concept. Driving the faster car forced me to quickly anticipate where the slow car would go when I was about to pass.. Some guys stayed to the left, others to the right, theres really not a lot of time to decide how to overtake! Funny thing, ghost cars still spook me, I saw one parked, coming into the first tight lefthander on lap 15, and I almost crashed. But it was a great car combo, nice difference in speed.

Thoroughly agree. Just trying to imagine what it would be like with 16 on the grid.

Great fun & I definitely learnt a lot at school today.

Can't wait to see what's in store for next week!

Just trying to imagine what it would be like with 16 on the grid.

It could be amazing, Madrid Mini was a great track for this lesson and these cars, but with 16 cars, the fast cars could run into traffic, and momentarely be slowed down, more complex situations would occur.
Id love to see a WSCC series based on this concept.

It could be amazing, Madrid Mini was a great track for this lesson and these cars, but with 16 cars, the fast cars could run into traffic, and momentarely be slowed down, more complex situations would occur.
Id love to see a WSCC series based on this concept.

I still want to do a GT300/500 mixed race. And with the help of this school, it just might happen.

I still want to do a GT300/500 mixed race. And with the help of this school, it just might happen.

Personally, I still have problems controlling highpowered cars, but after last nights lesson, Im sure that a GT300/500 mixed race would be tons of fun.

In the spirit of the racing school I would like to host (if my internetconnection permits it!) some shorter informal mixed practicesessions. If theres interest we could try to decide which track(s) and carcombos that would be fun.

In both races, there were problems after the finish of the "winner": finished cars continue driving at low speed and "disturb" cars that still have 1 or 2 laps to go. Why couldn't GT5 do like in real world races: after car 1 finishes, the race of all the others ends when they cross finish line.

Indeed a problem, a crash between an slower eratic driving finished winner car and a car(s) figthing for positions before timing out could influence the final result for some drivers. Could timing out be set to 0 secs? I dont even know.

Last edited:
Indeed a problem, a crash between an slower eratic driving finished winner car and a car(s) figthing for positions before timing out could influence the final result for some drivers. Could timing out be set to 0 secs? I dont even know.

Indeed, that is the solution: lower down the time out number. I don't know 0 seconds is possible. Might be 30.

Back