WSCC - Racing School - Sunday June 26th - 2 sessions

• Thread starter turbogeit
  • 154 comments
OMG.
Once you guys figure this out... Then maybe you could start next to figure out what time it would be, if you were moving near the speed of light, traveling in the vicinity of a black hole. LOL :D

- and then we could move on to cure cancer!! :cool:

- and then we could move on to cure cancer!! :cool:

From what I'm finding out, that could actually be more likely than actually organizing a race time for all parties who would like to be involved. :boggled: And then actually figuring out what time it is for everyone... and whether or not the time zone is in summer schedule...

I do find it easier to figure out my time to others time by looking at a world clock where it shows you what time it is all over the world, right now.

I looked and this is a list of how these places, at the same time, would be these different times. (And one can do the math from there, to translate any time.)

These are all within the same day

06:00am/06:00 - Los Angeles / PDT
06:00am/06:00 - Vancouver
07:00am/07:00 - Denver / MDT
08:00am/08:00 - Chicago / CDT
09:00am/09:00 - New York / EDT
09:00am/09:00 - Toronto
02:00pm/14:00 - London / BST or GMT+1
03:00pm/15:00 - Paris / CET
03:00pm/15:00 - Copenhagen / CET
04:00pm/16:00 - Athens
10:00pm/22:00 - Tokyo
11:00pm/23:00 - Sydney

This looks like a great idea guys, would love to have a crack at it but not sure if I can find the time on sunday night to get online.
I drive/race with a bunch of extremely clean drivers in an organised racing club, and after racing in an open lobby last night I think it should be compulsory to take lessons in overtaking/being overtaken before being allowed to race online!!!
Best of luck with this chaps.
Jim.

This looks like a great idea guys, would love to have a crack at it but not sure if I can find the time on sunday night to get online.
I drive/race with a bunch of extremely clean drivers in an organised racing club, and after racing in an open lobby last night I think it should be compulsory to take lessons in overtaking/being overtaken before being allowed to race online!!!
Best of luck with this chaps.
Jim.

Thanks for your comment. The reason why we start this is that, although we all want to be clean, we all are aware of the fact that we can still improve our skills. Race incidents just happen, look at F1 our WTCC, but the better your skills are, the easier you will avoid them.

My personal experience is that to win races, I did not need to become faster, even if I am still slower on hotlaps than most of the others, but to become more consistent and cleaner. I mean: be able to avoid all contacts and to do 10 1:25's on a row, instead of 1 or 2 1:23's followed by a 1:30. Important thing I learned also was to preserve tyres.

Thanks for your comment. The reason why we start this is that, although we all want to be clean, we all are aware of the fact that we can still improve our skills. Race incidents just happen, look at F1 our WTCC, but the better your skills are, the easier you will avoid them.

My personal experience is that to win races, I did not need to become faster, even if I am still slower on hotlaps than most of the others, but to become more consistent and cleaner. I mean: be able to avoid all contacts and to do 10 1:25's on a row, instead of 1 or 2 1:23's followed by a 1:30. Important thing I learned also was to preserve tyres.

Well written turbo.

I have had some experience on the track, in circuit sprints and in tarmac rallying. The majority of the instructors advice was for clean consistent lap times, build up to a fast lap time, use all of the track, hit the apex and slow in fast out. Most importantly to carry your speed through.

The other piece of advice was to look after your tyres. Semi slicks with correct tyre pressures. IIRC your were able to adjust tyre pressures in previous GT versions.

Similar to your report in the RGT Cup Series. Learn to look after your tyres.

Very true! 👍

I often see drivers that are much faster than me, but we wind up at the same level of competition in long races, because they are far less consistent, and I'm slow, but very consistent.
I have always thought, if those people could acquire my consistency, or I could acquire their speed, we would be one fast racer! But each individually, we tend to be slower.
Combining the 2 things successfully is huge, and probably only comes with practice. (There's no "magical tuning set-up" that could guarantee this skill & outcome.)

Very true! 👍

I often see drivers that are much faster than me, but we wind up at the same level of competition in long races, because they are far less consistent, and I'm slow, but very consistent.
I have always thought, if those people could acquire my consistency, or I could acquire their speed, we would be one fast racer! But each individually, we tend to be slower.
Combining the 2 things successfully is huge, and probably only comes with practice. (There's no "magical tuning set-up" that could guarantee this skill & outcome.)

Indeed, I had the occasion to experience your consistency during the Monaco race with the Spitfire. I was faster, what permitted me to close the gap. But once I was behind you, you didn't make any error, and i couldn't find a "gate" to pass you. Finally, I passed the limits of my bad setup and made that famous spin you could admire in your mirror. I would have liked to see the smile on your face at that moment :lol:

Informations for this evenings Race school lesson

Repartition Capuccino - GT300

First half of sign-up list: GT300 in race 1 - Capuccino in race 2

GTRedline - PSN P_O_P_E
turbogeit
teeds
boshuter
cobrius
iamsupernasty
G8R_Mad3
Elitedreamer - PSN daibaspeed

Second half of sign-up list: Capuccino in race 1 - GT300 in race 2

jackargent
Zentex - PSN Sientex
watermelonpunch - PSN wat3r370n
MindlessRiff
Somebodysb2
mattymc96 - PSN mattymc1996
morbo - PSN galikazoid
redragon95tr

Time schedule

I will open lounge a little earlier: 9pm UK - 10pm CET - 4pm EST, because I want your advice about a custom track: Watermelonpunch's "Mount Topmore".
During the first 20 minutes, there will be some free practice on the this track. If you like it, we will use it later for a race.

From 9:20 to 10:00pm UK, we will be practicing on Cape Ring Inside, with some exercises like passing side by side the 180° lefthander and passing at breaking for the hairpin without touching each other.

Race 1 starts at 10pm UK - 11pm CET - 5pm EST
Race 2 starts at 10:35pm UK - 11:35pm CET - 5:35pm EST

See you tonight

Last edited:
Can I still join? :D

Of course, I'll put you at the end of the list, meaning you take the Capuccino in race 1 and the GT300 in race 2.

I hope you have the cars, because I already sent one today. If you don't have them, let us know and put an announce in the car search thread in our inner club space.

The club invitation and FR will be sent immediately.

I'm interested in joining to. Is it to late? I usually have difficulties passing lower class cars, so this would be great practice. :)

GTP: EliteDreamer PSN: daibaspeed

Don't worry about me having a car. I have them.

I'm interested in joining to. Is it to late? I usually have difficulties passing lower class cars, so this would be great practice. :)

You are number 16 and the last sign-up for today. FR and club invitation will follow in about 10 minutes.

Grid is complete for tonight. Next week there will be two lessons: one on a weekday, another on sunday.

Other info: you are in the GT300 group for race 1, and in the Cappucino group for race 2

No custom tracks. Please! I will likely conveniently forget the timing of tonights race if we're forced to run some ridiculous custom track.

No custom tracks. Please! I will likely conveniently forget the timing of tonights race if we're forced to run some ridiculous custom track.

Are you saying all custom tracks are ridiculous? seems a bit of a sweeping statement to me.

Personally I have driven Mt. Topmore & really like it ...but that's only my opinion.

Lounge opens earlier than was announced for that custom track experiment. If you do not want to use it, just enter at 9:15-9:20 pm UK.

And by the way: good custom tracks are less ridiculous than some GT5 tracks that permit corner cutting without penalties.

Also, my class for tonight got cancelled, so I am available for the second race.

For GT300 cars, is 458 italia an option?

Thanks

hey guys, I had to leave early, I couldnt participate in the second race sorry.
but the first one was fun, even though I lost control a few times

Fun racing everyone. First race especially was fun.

I'll take pictures and post them if you want.

I got disconnected after a few laps in the second race. This is happening too often for me nowadays. The Cappucino was a bit difficult to keep on track and I messed up really bad a couple of times.

Was pretty fun that must say, dodging all those diddy Cappucinos haha. The Capp is a pretty weird handling car if you haven't driven it before. Kinda floaty for lack of a better word lol

As for the next step up, I'm guessing you want to keep the gap similar to todays one? You could just do PP gaps, like tonight was 550 vs 475(ish), the next could be a 575 vs 500? Or higher PP if you want to get people going faster, whatever :P you'd just need to choose/find some cars then!

At the moment the Honda Integra Touring car is in the online car dealership for under 40k credits, can be made about 500pp, and race those against DTM cars at 575 PP, maybe 580. I don't know how comparable they are but on paper they look ok to me! I reckon the Civic RM would be a good candidate as well for the slower car as someone mentioned when we finished the races

Last edited:
I found it very fun and interesting today.

Some comments:

Connection problems: Race 1 was perfect, race 2 a little problematic with 2 disconnections and some lag in the first 2 laps. I was at the point of quitting because it affected especially my car, but then it stopped.

The Cappucino: I didn't have any problem with it although I did not practice it very much. Like all RM cars, it is tail happy if you give too much steering input and if you slam the accelerator. Three months ago I couldn't keep a RM car on the track, until one of our members, KoenHermkes, learned me in my lounge how to drive them.

The experience: very satisfactory.

My own races: 2x second, behind MindlessRiff, who is always faster than I am. What counts: no important incident in these two races, except two bumps at the beginning of race 2, due to lag. One time a driver behind me couldn't avoid me, the other time I touched a Capuccino that looked like attracted by a magnet to my car.

Cars & tracks for next times: there were some suggestions in the lounge and you can repeat them or give some more here. But remember: we need many passings to practice, so:

1) for the moment being, tracks should be short
2) there must be a big difference between the cars. As you could see, although the RX-7 had more than 2.5 times as much power as the Capuccino, the time difference on the track was only 7 to 8 seconds. Most propositions in the lounge, like Civic RM vs Silvia RM or Golf RM vs Lupo Cup Car, wouldn't give enough passings.

Here are some suggestions, that could be tested:

tracks:

- Suzuka East
- Clubman Stage 5
- Tsukuba
- Madrid short
- Rome
- Autumn ring (the long one)

Cars:

- DTM car vs Lupo Cup Car
- Lotus Elise 111R RM vs Mini Cooper S
- Nissan Silvia RM vs Nissan mm Cup-Car
- One of the Race GT-R's vs old Nissan Rally car (there are two of them)
- etc.

Was pretty fun that must say, dodging all those diddy Cappucinos haha. The Capp is a pretty weird handling car if you haven't driven it before. Kinda floaty for lack of a better word lol

As for the next step up, I'm guessing you want to keep the gap similar to todays one? You could just do PP gaps, like tonight was 550 vs 475(ish), the next could be a 575 vs 500? Or higher PP if you want to get people going faster, whatever :P you'd just need to choose/find some cars then!

At the moment the Honda Integra Touring car is in the online car dealership for under 40k credits, can be made about 500pp, and race those against DTM cars at 575 PP, maybe 580. I don't know how comparable they are but on paper they look ok to me! I reckon the Civic RM would be a good candidate as well for the slower car as someone mentioned when we finished the races

You can test them if you have time, but I'm not sure the time difference will be big enough. But testing could show i'm wrong.

Back