GT4 European Cup | Champion: R1600Turbo !

• Thread starter Adam41
  • 605 comments
I've just done 3 laps with Mustang and 3 laps with the 370z at Rome. Mustang is 3 tenths faster in the first sector, but loses it in the last 2 sectors. Mustang ends up doing a 1:12.4, 0.086 faster than the 370z at the line but again, hurts its tyres more in doing so.

I'll be sending reminder PM's tomorrow about the race on Saturday.

Anyone can still sign up, 4 spots left!

Wait, is that online? I know I suck at tuning, but damn. I can only manage a 1:13.321. :(

MÜLE_9242;5455975
Saturdays at noon, eh?

Awesome.

- MULE_9242
- Maserati GranTurismo S
- Blu Cosmo Metallizzato

Awesome! I've added you to the list. :)

370z Matte black :mischievous: If I could put nissan GTA badges on it I would :)

I was considering using the GT Academy 370z instead of a stock 370z but it was too light. It weighs 1200kg I think.

Sweet. The colors are yellow and blue. The body will be Fuoco Giallo and wheels are WR Blue Mica. I have at least 3 of each chip also, if you need either of them.

Okay I've updated the list. If that's your yellow BMW for this championship in the GT5 pic, remember you can't use rear wings. 👍

Wait, is that online? I know I suck at tuning, but damn. I can only manage a 1:13.321. :(

Yeah online. However, sometimes when you go in 'My Lounge' the tyre physics are different to Open Lobby - sometimes the tyres warm up easier. What you need to is change the track, then reload the previous track and sometimes that fixes it. But yesterday for me I had no luck with that so I ended up just doing a few laps in Open Lobby. Well unless a few other people sign up, it looks like I'll be using the Mustang. So I'll take one of the tuning parts off it come the race. :)

--

For people's reference, I'll post my testing results up from Suzuka. It will give you some indication of how good the cars are down a straight and in the bends.

Car - Time - Top speed at end of home straight

Camaro - 2:09.697 - 147
350z ---- 2:09.749 - 153/154
M3 ------ 2:09.805 - 150
Z4 M ---- 2:09.838 - 152
370z ---- 2:09.842 - 152
Masterati 2:09.846 - 152
Evora --- 2:09.848 - 147
Corvette- 2:09.886 - 150
Mustang - 2:09.902 - 157 - this time was set without the carbon hood (-5kg) added.

My tune for the Mustang (in case anyone wants to use it but is afraid of it handling like a double-decker bus. Hopefully with my tune it will only handle like a single decker bus :D)

Ride Height: -17 / -22
Spring rates: 13.0 / 7.5
Dampers (E): 9 / 5
Dampers (C): 9 / 5
Anti-roll bars: 5 / 1
Camber: 2.0 / 1.7
Toe: -0.19 / -0.04
Brakes: 4 / 9

Last edited:
Okay I've updated the list. If that's your yellow BMW for this championship in the GT5 pic, remember you can't use rear wings. 👍

It isnt my car for this. That is my GT3 spec M3 that is basically showing the color combo.

Earlier I did 3 or 4 flying laps with each car at Rome. I could do a 1:12.1 with the Mustang and 370z, and a 1:12.4 with the Camaro and GranTurismo. All the other cars were within the 1:12.6-1:12.8 range.

So I'm making changes to the mods to the following cars:

The GranTurismo has been reduced by 2 PP (power has been limited more)
The Camaro has been reduced by 2 PP (power has been limited more)
The Mustang has been reduced by 37 HP. Sports ECU and Catalytic converter have been removed.
The 370z. Well I took the Catalytic Converter off it, but I could still do a 1:12.501 with it. The change in direction with this car is amazing, so stable. So I think I'm going to take the Sports exhaust manifold off it aswell.

This will be the last set of changes to the Car list. From now on it's down to the ballast to keep things equal.

With these changes, please make sure you car has the right HP and PP and the correct mods attached as listed in the first post. Thanks.

Last edited:
Yeah online. However, sometimes when you go in 'My Lounge' the tyre physics are different to Open Lobby - sometimes the tyres warm up easier. What you need to is change the track, then reload the previous track and sometimes that fixes it.

I hope so. That :13.1xx came to me on a new tune after my previous one was nothing but understeer. This one also understeers, but not as much. I was in the 14's. All of this tuning was in my lounge though. I have FMSC qualifying tonight, but afterwords I'll open up the room and do some testing to see if the times are different.

I might miss tomorrow's race since I'm still getting credits for the car, if its possible, can I borrow the car for 1 event? You still have the Evora right? If you don't have it then any car will do.

I might miss tomorrow's race since I'm still getting credits for the car, if its possible, can I borrow the car for 1 event? You still have the Evora right? If you don't have it then any car will do.

Friend me GTP_SOHNVONSTIG I'm sitting on a about 30 million credits between me and my bobs, I'll buy it for yah along with the parts :)

I hope so. That :13.1xx came to me on a new tune after my previous one was nothing but understeer. This one also understeers, but not as much. I was in the 14's. All of this tuning was in my lounge though. I have FMSC qualifying tonight, but afterwords I'll open up the room and do some testing to see if the times are different.

I don't find the 370z too understeer that much. If you want I can lend you my tune (although I can't remember if I even changed the suspension that much).

Like RT said. Or you can do one of my personal favourites - the Lightweight K Cup at Eifel. :D

Or SohnVonStig can buy it for you. :P

im about to eat my dinner, if i get time before WSGTC prerace then il have a quick run around with the granturismo

Plus il tell you what colour etc

I think the times I did earlier (the 1:12.1 etc) were with the dodgy tyre physics model, with higher temperatures = faster. But the thing is when I switched to open Lobby they were the same, and they were still the same if you reloaded the track. So earlier I went to Monza and it was the proper model, but as soon as I switched to Rome it went back again. :ill: Oh well.

When Pag signs up, there will be 2 spots open for tomorrow's race!

Just had 3 practice races with Paginas and GTP_Johny whilst I was in my lounge. The cars look really matched and the racing is amazing. I was in the Mustang, Pag in the GranTurismo and Johny in the 350z. I'd get poor traction off the start (we only did 3-5 laps and standing starts) and wouldn't gain anything in the first 2 long corners, but I would catch them a bit going down to the tight right hander, and would overtake them down that bit of straight because of my power. Then the 350z and GranTurismo would close up on me in the last sector. Great racing.

A small fyi, some you are probably thinking that the Mustang will be too fast on the straights but the GranTurismo (which doesn't have very good top speed compared to the other GT4 cars) would be along side me at the end of the home straight with the aid of traction off the last corner and slipstreams.

It's sure to be great race tomorrow. Don't miss it! :D

EDIT: Btw wge, it's unfortunate you couldn't join my lounge and I don't know why you couldn't. There was 4 of us at one point, and you tried joining when there was only 3 so there would have been enough room. Anyway we're using Open Lobby tomorrow so you should be able to join. I will also be using NAT type 1 tomorrow, whereas normally I'm on 3 so that could've been the problem.

Pag will be signing up, so there's 2 spots left for tomorrow's race!

Last edited:
Just had 3 practice races with Paginas and GTP_Johny whilst I was in my lounge. The cars look really matched and the racing is amazing. I was in the Mustang, Pag in the GranTurismo and Johny in the 350z. I'd get poor traction off the start (we only did 3-5 laps and standing starts) and wouldn't gain anything in the first 2 long corners, but I would catch them a bit going down to the tight right hander, and would overtake them down that bit of straight because of my power. Then the 350z and GranTurismo would close up on me in the last sector. Great racing.

A small fyi, some you are probably thinking that the Mustang will be too fast on the straights but the GranTurismo (which doesn't have very good top speed compared to the other GT4 cars) would be along side me at the end of the home straight with the aid of traction off the last corner and slipstreams.

It's sure to be great race tomorrow. Don't miss it! :D

Pag will be signing up, so there's 2 spots left for tomorrow's race!

I agree, amazing racing with just the 3 of us, image what it will be like with a full grid.

Looking forward to it now

My car definitely wont be fully broken in by tomorrow. I have Integra and Cappuccino duties tonight, so I wont have much time to practice, and log miles at all.

MÜLE_9242;5460784
My car definitely wont be fully broken in by tomorrow. I have Integra and Cappuccino duties tonight, so I wont have much time to practice, and log miles at all.

I attempted to do the Supercar seasonal races last night with mine and put about 40 miles on it. Highest I placed was 3rd. :lol:

Hopefully the race pace will be a bit slower than the best times. I think we have a good setup for the race though. I am a bit down on outright pace, but I think the car will be closer during the race.

Have a feeling I'm going to have a hard time tomorrow morning as I haven't had any practice yet with the new mods.

Edit: Aderrrm any chance you ran those 12.1 lap times earlier on Racing Soft tires by accident? The 370Z, in all it's greatness and my driving abilities, absolutely cannot run a 12.1, or even a 12.9 for that matter, on Racing Hard tires...

Edit 2: Epic progress tonight, car feels great on warm tires. Was able to tick off a 1:13.138 before I shut it down for the night. Practiced my rolling starts too. :)

Car is washed. Oil is changed. Let's race!

Last edited:
Edit: Aderrrm any chance you ran those 12.1 lap times earlier on Racing Soft tires by accident? The 370Z, in all it's greatness and my driving abilities, absolutely cannot run a 12.1, or even a 12.9 for that matter, on Racing Hard tires...

Edit 2: Epic progress tonight, car feels great on warm tires. Was able to tick off a 1:13.138 before I shut it down for the night. Practiced my rolling starts too. :)

Car is washed. Oil is changed. Let's race!

It was definitely on Racing hards, it was a sweet lap though. I think I could run high 12 with the 370z with the new mods. The reason could be them tyre physics. We'll see later on anyway.

Practicing rolling starts? That's what I like to hear. :D

I'm going to post the race information in a bit regarding the pit window, what is expected of you in qualifying and the rolling start, and what parts of the track are dirty (It's only the last corner but I'll give you a picture anyway).

👍

2 spots still left for Today's race at 16:30! Shouldn't take any longer than 1.5 hours.

Friend me GTP_SOHNVONSTIG I'm sitting on a about 30 million credits between me and my bobs, I'll buy it for yah along with the parts :)
Ok, added you :D

EDIT: No need to send me now, I did the Civic challenge.

EDIT2: Color change, I painted my car Black with gold wheels.

The real life GT3 spec car:
2011-Lotus-Evora-Enduro-GT-Concept-Side-View.jpg

Last edited:
This series looks like tremendous fun but, unfortunately I'm a weekend worker. Ill be following. Hope to see a few videos and pics of the action

Race Information - Rome

Laps will be set to 34.
  • 30 minute practice followed by 15 minute qualifying, starting at 17:00 BST (GMT+1). Read the Qualifying section of the OP for further information.
  • You should not hit any walls. If you continuously hit walls during the race and you gain time from doing so, an appropriate penalty will be given out.
  • This part of the track is considered dirty. You should not run wide here during the race, nor run wide here during qualifying to give yourself a better run down the straight:

• Remember if you hit the wall on a hot lap, you must abandon the lap and make sure it does not end up being your fastest lap.

Formation lap: Maintain a pace of EXACTLY 62 mph/100 kmh Do not weave in order to try and warm up your tyres. This will only cause damage.
Polesitter will start on the left hand side (the inside line to the first corner), 2nd place driver will start on the right hand side. The front of your car should not pass the back end of the car in front! This is the same for the whole grid and the same rules apply.

Pits: The Pits will open on lap number 15 (as in the top left corner of your screen) and close on lap 21 (as in the top left corner of your screen). Therefore you may pit on laps 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 and 20. Failing to do so will result in an appropriate penalty.

That's all. Have fun everyone and keep it clean. 👍

Room will be opened in roughly 2 hours, please add my PSN to find the room easier.

Open Lobby. Add my PSN GTP_Aderrrm > Community > my name > click the little yellow figure (not the big coffee cup) > join room.

Open Lobby. Add my PSN GTP_Aderrrm > Community > my name > click the little yellow figure (not the big coffee cup) > join room.

First time with G25 in months+new circuit+new car=1.14

I'm not gonna be competitive :(

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back