The Nordsleife SURPRISE NIGHT, Monday 4th July

• Thread starter 250 GTO
  • 77 comments
Denmark
Number 163
CSSDK
Okay, so it's time for a new track in the Fun Racers Club . This time the Nürburgring Nordsleife
As always, everyone is welcome - especially newer drivers. Driving aids are allowed.

We are going to be running a short series consisting of 2 laps around the Nordsleife on Monday July 4th at 9:00pm UK/Ireland Time

The race will be held in my lounge, so add me if you haven't done so already. My PSN handle is CSSDK, and please write "Fun Racers" in the subject.
Please do NOT join the room before 9pm, as this might cause problems in the setup. And do remember to clear network cache and restart your PS3 before joining.

You will not know what car you are racing until you join the room. The car will be ready to pick up in the garage at 9pm UK time.....

There will be no points awarded.

Please try to keep the racing as clean as possible. But don't be too alarmed about the odd bump, alright? Chatter while driving is more than welcome, so grab your headset.

Please post below if you are interested, even if you are already a member of the club, and/or have raced before. A few is good, but the more the merrier.

See Ya On The Track!

Fun Racers Club

Join the Fun Racers, for a relaxed racing experience...oh, and by the way, we'll be racing at night...

Racers

01 - CSSDK
02 - TurambarMakart
03 - DJAbacus
04 - gwump02
05 - jackargent
06 - KWAKAMAN39
07 - MH4wheel
08 - galikazoid
09 - jack_GTR
10 - GTP_C0F
11 - amber_night_
12 - Raagentreg
13 - Mushy_Peaz_
14 - wat3rm370n
15 - thaddontes
16 - neige
17 - madwi
18 - brenmu68
19 - McKiernan
20 - Eidolon_600

The last four spaces are backup drivers incase all of "the first 16" don't show up (which they almost never do)...
If at anytime you find out that you won't be able joine the race after all, please let me know here so i can remove you from the list. Thanks :)

ONE SPOT LEFT!

Last edited:
Count me in! Can you use shared cars online, though? I'm not so sure, really. I'm afraid they can only be used offline and in the seasonals.

as it turns out Eidolon, you are right... I'm so tired of all of PD's weird rules and restrictions!!!
So we will use one of the cars from the recommended list after all... :(

Oh this is going to be fun. Especially in a fiat 500!

Count me in please for both weeks.

I think it was a good idea to consider a new approach to Monday nights Chris....we could tip it on it's head and have for example a "Mini Cooper '07 Surprise night", where the car is known, but the track is a surprise!!! The host could choose a car, modify it to whatever they feel. The racers would then have to buy and modify the car according to the info so all cars are still identical, so best not make it too pricey, though saying that it's pretty easy to grind credits these days!!!

Yeah that was I was thinking DJ. But I just figured if the host could share the car, then it would def. be the same car everybody used. However we are trustworthy & honorable men (:rolleyes:), so I guess the other way around can work too :)

@ the rest of you. I'm only hosting one week this time. So next week will be a different track and different host.

Last edited:
Put me down for some dark and dirty night racing
Is it going to be standard or premium cars because standard car lights suck at night dont they.

Is it going to be standard or premium cars because standard car lights suck at night dont they.

We can all bring torches. Or miners' helmets. :)

Well since I have to pick one from the recommended list, it's going to be a premium... don't think there are any standards on that list

Not a fan of this track, sorry guys. I usually end up eating my pad after half a lap regardless of what I'm driving. :grumpy:

Hey.. DJAbacus visitor message'd me about this. I haven't been at home since the PSN restoration, only this two last weeks and I'm going to leave again this weekend :( So... have fun guys :)

Is that how it works? That's not right!!

But I wondered... My BMW 135i from the new dealership... the lights are WONDERFUL in the dark compared to every other car I've ever used in the dark!

Hey.. DJAbacus visitor message'd me about this. I haven't been at home since the PSN restoration, only this two last weeks and I'm going to leave again this weekend :( So... have fun guys :)

No problem...like to give our members a nudge every now and then...hope to see you online soon!!!! :)

watermelonpunch
Is that how it works? That's not right!!

But I wondered... My BMW 135i from the new dealership... the lights are WONDERFUL in the dark compared to every other car I've ever used in the dark!

Yes the premium cars get full beam/high beam. I found out the hard way did a 5 lap race at night on the Nurburgring 24h in a standard car :(

I may want to join in with this, I love the 'ring at night, so I'll be glad to join in! But only if a slot is free, also I'd like to know what sort of car we're driving? I may just be blind today, and sorry if I am.

EDIT: I am being blind >.< a surprise I see, so no tuning at all then... this is interesting... I love it!

Back