GT4 European Cup | Champion: R1600Turbo !

• Thread starter Adam41
  • 605 comments
Nice one. I'm yet to get into the 1:26's so it looks like you'll be set for the race with a car which eats tyres less. Yours may be like a rabbit nibbling, but mines more like an elephant munching. :lol:
The only issue with my car is that it's not a very stable setup. I nicked the wall a few times yesterday because I didn't kick out the rear far enough or I did not trail brake correctly. I definitely need to start near the front and not have traffic around me.

Race Information - Madrid, 28 Laps

Laps will be set to 29.
  • 30 minute practice (containing one 2 lap practice race) followed by 15 minute qualifying, starting at 17:00 BST (GMT+1). Read the Qualifying section of the OP for further information.
  • Everywhere is track. However, please avoid hitting the barriers. That applies to Qualifying and in the Race. Remember continuous use of making contact with the barriers is not allowed, regardless of whether you gained time from doing so. If you are caught, an appropriate penalty will be given out.
  • Remember if you make contact with a barrier on hot lap during Qualifying, you must abandon the lap and make sure it does not end up being your fastest lap.
Formation lap: Maintain a pace of EXACTLY 50 mph/80 kmh Do not weave in order to try and warm up your tyres. This will only cause damage. A 5 second penalty will be handed out this week for anyone trying to do so.
Polesitter will start on the RIGHT hand side (the inside line to the first corner), 2nd place driver will start on the LEFT hand side. So we will do a formation lap in the positions the game places us from Qualifying. The front of your car should not pass the back end of the car in front!

Pits: The Pits will open on lap number 13 (as in the top left corner of your screen) and close on lap 19 (as in the top left corner of your screen). Therefore you may pit on laps 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 and 18. Failing to do so will result in an appropriate penalty.

Pits continued: This track is very tight. When entering the pits, please move over to the left clearly making sure anyone behind you knows you are pitting. When exiting the pits, please stay left as you will be coming onto the racing line for turn 1. You should not cross the solid yellow line either entering or exiting the pits (as in the OLR rules). I'm only really being picky about this here at Rome because it is such a tight track and contact between drivers will be inevitable. We can at least combat this by behaving when entering and exiting the pits. :D I want everyone to try out the pit lane during the 30 minute practice at least twice. You should slow down enough for the pit lane so that you do not make contact with any of the walls and so that the computer can take control of your car easily. The least we want is people crashing in the pit lane (and perhaps gaining time) or doing a Wardez. :D Here are a few pictures to illustrate all of this (click for big):

This should be a real good race! Just have patience when trying to overtake. 👍 And if things get nasty, I've hired lots of first aid. :D

That's all. Have fun everyone and keep it clean. 👍

Room will be opened just before 16:30 BST on Saturday, please add my PSN to find the room easier.

Last edited:
I don't even have a tune for this race :P, and I am wondering if I will be able to get in inbetween Tour de France and this.

I decided to go with the Mustang. It's black with black wheels. Cya on the track.

Ok Adam, something popped up, and if I'm there for the race, I was really lucky. Dang parents...

Yea for some reason im looking forward to it but i hate madrid, i feel im going to get a little too friendly with the walls

I'm opening the room 15 minutes earlier this week. I'm going to make sure we start Qualifying on time (17:00) this week. We will still have the 2 lap practice race with 10 minutes to go. Then I'll reset the track and we'll do weight checks for the people with ballast, and PP checks for everyone. 👍

Room will be open in 15 minutes.

Make sure you've read the race information on the previous page and also make sure you try out the pit lane during practice. I'll remind you in the room. ;)

Adam, you might as well take me out of the series, as I know I won't be here next week... sorry about such short notice for other races.

Today's race is a great example of where the Mustang sits compared to everyone else. I'll be surprised if one of them doesn't win next week either.

Adam, you might as well take me out of the series, as I know I won't be here next week... sorry about such short notice for other races.

No problem. Thanks for sticking around. 👍

Today's race is a great example of where the Mustang sits compared to everyone else. I'll be surprised if one of them doesn't win next week either.

Hardly. I could put in better times with any other car. We're not going into that discussion again though.

MÜLE_9242;5533540
Slept right through the race :/

Sorry guys.

No problem. :P Hopefully you'll be here for Monza. :)

---

EDIT: I've got the replay.

Last edited:
Oh, I'll be there. Wasn't able to get to sleep last night until 4 AM because I was doing stuff for the Lotuses.

Madrid is my worst track, anyway, so if I had to pick one race to sleep through, this would be it.

Cheers for today Ad.

Madrid is not a track I enjoy, and never go well at. Today was no different. I spent most of the race crashing into walls. I managed to get sucked into a wall crossing the finish line too....!

Well there'll be no more barriers from now on (maybe apart from the inside one at Lesmo 1 at Monza :P)!

I'll update the tables tomorrow.

I've made friends with that one already Aderrm!

Did a little testing at Monza earlier. I managed a 1.59, which I think is pretty good in the Evora. I expect the rest of you to be several seconds quicker though!

I thought I had a chance today. Even after the spin, I was not losing any time.

As for the spin, I went too deep into that one corner and thought I was going to hit the inside wall. I tried to correct my line a bit and I drifted to the outside wall. Unfortunately, one of the rear tires went red just enough to throw my car around. I still managed to rally back up to Pag's Maserati but he was just quick enough to stay ahead of me. Pag, sorry if I was too rough on you. I got impatient as though I was in rush hour traffic. :lol: :dunce:

I am starting to realize that, unfortunately, my wheel is slowly starting to die a slow death. It's getting more difficult to be accurate with the wheel and I smelled burning for the first time too. Not good. :nervous:
I've made friends with that one already Aderrm!

Did a little testing at Monza earlier. I managed a 1.59, which I think is pretty good in the Evora. I expect the rest of you to be several seconds quicker though!
I did some quick runs and had a 1:58.5 after two laps. I think I can shave another half of second but the tricky thing is how to set up the transmission. The car is gutless on the low end so I'm getting killed off corners and there's never enough straight to pull back in and complete a pass. Maybe me and the Evoras will have to work together here and bump draft each other. :sly:

Anyways, I'll have some pics by tomorrow.

Yea was a tough race, i had reall bad tyre wear and was slowing down some guys in the 1st stint.

After pitstop i was alone (not sure what happend to kamy), Then the last 10 laps i could see a white Z4 coming quickly behind me, but i just had enough to keep him behind, good race

I did some quick runs and had a 1:58.5 after two laps.

This is encouraging for me I managed a 1:58.9xx today after 4 laps without any tweaking. Maybe just maybe I can actually join in with the race this week :D

Hardly. I could put in better times with any other car. We're not going into that discussion again though.

Firstly, good racing yesterday. Very intense!

As for the cars comparison,i agree. The grip levels of the Mustang are much lower than any other car i've tested. It has a significant straight line speed advantage but that doesn't make up for the time lost at the corners. At least not @ Madrid.

I'm sorry I couldn't make the race yesterday. Won't be able to make the next 2 coming races either. See you after that though. Hopefully better luck next season with a different car.

Firstly, good racing yesterday. Very intense!

As for the cars comparison,i agree. The grip levels of the Mustang are much lower than any other car i've tested. It has a significant straight line speed advantage but that doesn't make up for the time lost at the corners. At least not @ Madrid.

Yep. The Mustang will do well at Monza but I'm not sure about Nurb GP/D.

I'm sorry I couldn't make the race yesterday. Won't be able to make the next 2 coming races either. See you after that though. Hopefully better luck next season with a different car.

No problem wge. Next season it is. :) See you at WSGTC aswell. :D

--

Tables have been updated.

Standings
Ballast
Fastest Laps

After pitstop i was alone (not sure what happend to kamy),
He got stuck on a wall (you'll see that in my upcoming pic) and I caught up to him. Next lap, I made a pass and he lost it under braking. I did see my car twitch towards his direction on the replay and I'm not sure if that made him panic. I didn't hit his car though.
Then the last 10 laps i could see a white Z4 coming quickly behind me, but i just had enough to keep him behind, good race
I was gaining most of my time in the first and third sector but it wasn't enough. Had Kamy stayed tucked behind you, we would have had a great three car battle.
This is encouraging for me I managed a 1:58.9xx today after 4 laps without any tweaking. Maybe just maybe I can actually join in with the race this week :D
I did a few more adjustments and got the time down to a 1:57.5xx but the thing is I was a bit aggressive on the run-off areas. I wasn't cutting the corners, mind you, but trying to keep two wheel on the tarmac is difficult when it's so tempting to use a bit more of track. I firmly believe we need to address what is and what is not acceptable use of track because it can literally mean an extra 1 to 2 seconds in terms of lap time.

Pics will be below this once they are uploaded:

aenxqu.jpg
vhsx90.jpg
if32wi.jpg
14n0mja.jpg
2z5vcb5.jpg
x4q7h1.jpg
24eyk2q.jpg
2lcuqz6.jpg
295wgsx.jpg
2nsl1i.jpg
ftip94.jpg