GT4 European Cup | Champion: R1600Turbo !

• Thread starter Adam41
  • 605 comments
I had a small problem in pit road too. When I was coming out after my stop, Aderrrm was coming into his stall. Even though he was 5-6 car lengths ahead of me, when the AI slowed his car to drive him into his stall, my car slowed too. I was like, "what are you doing, goooooo!". :crazy:

I didn't have troubles with any of my pit stops(:dunce: I realize now we were racing with low damage so no need to pit after big crash on lap 1:dunce:)

Today's pics are brought to you by...me. :lol:

If anyone wants these in full size, send me a PM. 👍

122lzco.jpg
24o7igk.jpg
28vfuhs.jpg
jshyec.jpg
24ovreo.jpg
2nun4eo.jpg
2u7oabs.jpg
qnshmt.jpg
o7jafl.jpg
hwx08z.jpg
21ka6c5.jpg
2vdpt2t.jpg

Captions, order from left to right:

1. GTP_w-g-e leads the field to the start of the GT4 race from Grand Valley Reverse.
2. The field races through the first turn without any major incidents.
3. Trouble! Some bumping at the final hairpin causes one to go off and chaos ensues! Several cars receive damage, ruining any chances for a good finish.
4. That's not going to work, boys! Wardez, GTP_Johny, Paginas, and si_berian_tiger fight for real estate at the first turn. Wardez and Paginas went off as a result.
5. A view of the top 6 positions at the 2nd hairpin. The top 3 managed to pull away.
6. Wardez passes on the outside as he tried to march back up the field. Unfortunately, a glitch on pit road ruined his day.
7. Contact between GTP_Johny & outlaw4rc! outlaw4rc spins and hits the barrier and GTP_Johny goes on.
8. Later in the race, outlaw4rc starts catching up to GTP_Johny. GTP_Johny goes wide and goes on the grass. Does outlaw4rc clear him?
9. No! They collide and both cars are severely damaged. GTP_Johny retires after the incident.
10. Paginas goes wide! Just enough grass to cause him to spin and crash.
11. GTP_w-g-e and R1600Turbo fight side by side for the lead! R1600Turbo had better tire wear and pulled away for the win!
12. It's just like picture 11, only cooler. :sly:

Well i got Smashed off in 4 so whoever was behind me was fault to balme for me and wardez going off

4. That's not going to work, boys! Wardez, GTP_Johny, Paginas, and si_berian_tiger fight for real estate at the first turn. Wardez and Paginas went off as a result.

I tried to back off a little and sneak through when the inevitable happened. I think we all touched a little. One of the Maserati guys was lagging a little on my screen, so if it was you Pag, I apologise. I haven't seen the replay yet, so I'll have a look later.

Cool photos outlaw. Can I get a copy of photos 1,3,4 & 5 please? I'll pm you with my email address...

Last edited by a moderator:
Just remembered something.
During Qually I pited for tires and I set a 1st slow lap on them and I was doing a 2nd when the countdown started. I knew it would be close and I was improving my time. I was actually faster in sector 1 and 2, but I knew I would loose some time in 3. Bottom line the timer ended when I was maybe 10 metres from the finish line, my car still ended the lap after the countdown, and I was in 2nd in the standings... But I started 6th, wich was my previous position. :( It would've been epic if I started 2nd. Oh well. Not my day.

Cheers for today Aderrrrm. I enjoyed our little battle - I assume you started to suffer with tyre wear?

Yeah after 7 laps, the tyres are useless. As in 3 or 4 seconds of it's potential pace. I suffered from worse tyre wear in my first stint though, which is why you were able to catch me up so quick. About pitstops, ya your car slows down too much when there's a car in front of you. I wasn't even close to you when you pitted (I was only just in your slipstream), but I lost out probably a second or 2 in the pitstops because of it meaning I was no longer in your slipstream exiting the pits. That was kind of annoying.

Just a heads up to Aderrrm before you go and take some power away from me, remember the additional weight I'll be carrying next week and my car sucks down straightaways. :P

I don't change the cars based on results. The ballast does that. :)

first i want to blame myself because i didn't had chassis reinforcement didn't know what that was actually as i'm dutch, still impressive i could do a 1 59 2, but what a shame....

Chassis reinforcement doesn't really do anything, only really changes the way the car feels. It's not for example, a guaranteed 3 tenths of a second per lap. Nevertheless, it didn't really give you a reason to quit a championship race.

--

Thanks to Wardez for the stream! I'll be watching the videos later. Cheers buddy. 👍

Thanks to outlaw for the pics. :D

--

I'll be watching the replay later on and handing out any appropriate penalties. Don't worry... I won't be giving you a penalty if you went wide once or twice. :irked: If there's anything you want to tell me something that happened the race then PM me.

All in all great race everyone. Hopefully I'll see you all next week. I'll be updating the thread, tables and stuff throughout today.

EDIT: I forgot to say sorry for the mess up before Qualifying aswell, forgetting to reset the track etc. It won't happen again. 👍

Last edited:
R1600Turbo leads the point standings by 4 points from myself, 10 points from w-g-e, closely followed by outlaw.

w-g-e leads the fastest laps table thanks to a fastest lap at GV Reverse over 1.3 seconds faster than the next fastest lap!

And R1600Turbo also leads the Ballast table. :sly:

So all of them have been updated. If you spot any errors let me know. 👍 You don't have to click each link individually, you can switch sheets in the bottom left hand corner.

By the way, you lot should post in this thread more! It needs to stay on page 1 for a longer amount of time! :D

---

2 spots left, with 3 rounds still to go!

r1600turbo leads the point standings by 4 points from myself, 10 points from w-g-e, closely followed by outlaw.

w-g-e leads the fastest laps table thanks to a fastest lap at gv reverse over 1.3 seconds faster than the next fastest lap!

and r1600turbo also leads the ballast table. :sly:

so all of them have been updated. If you spot any errors let me know. 👍 You don't have to click each link individually, you can switch sheets in the bottom left hand corner.

By the way, you lot should post in this thread more! It needs to stay on page 1 for a longer amount of time! :d

---

2 spots left, with 3 rounds still to go!
What a blah fast lap for me. I really don't know why my Z4 lost so much front grip as I was able to get below the 2 minute mark before. It wasn't that way at all when I was practicing online. :indiff:

On the plus side, I did a few runs at Madrid and the car feels very comfortable and very fast. I believe I ran a 1:28.2xx with basically no changes to the car other than gearing. Not sure if that is a good time or not. We'll see. :)

I *should* be able to make the next race...

Okay great. See you there.

What a blah fast lap for me. I really don't know why my Z4 lost so much front grip as I was able to get below the 2 minute mark before. It wasn't that way at all when I was practicing online. :indiff:

On the plus side, I did a few runs at Madrid and the car feels very comfortable and very fast. I believe I ran a 1:28.2xx with basically no changes to the car other than gearing. Not sure if that is a good time or not. We'll see. :)

It's amazing how different things are in a race. I'm the other way round though, god knows how I did 1:58.8 in quali. Seriously. I've had quite a few practice races during the week with you lot and with tyre testing and what not and my previous best lap had been a 1:59.7. I also remember when Pag was in my lounge, did a few laps without ballast and then I put my ballast on and I was only 0.023 slower. :crazy: The 59kg ballast did nothing in terms of 1 lap performance to my car other than change the way it feels to drive and probably degrade my tyres quicker.

I really like Madrid although I don't think I'm going to enjoy as much in my big Mustang. :lol: I think the race at Madrid will be really tight.

Just to let you know I won't be racing next weekend. WTCC comes to town. :cool:👍
I will be back in Monza, to be left in the dust by faster cars. :)

Ah nice. See you at Monza then. 👍

---

2 penalties have been handed out for the GV Reverse race. Everyone should remember these rules from the OLR Rules & Guidelines:

H:
The position of other drivers must always be respected.
A:
If there’s contact between drivers that results in the guilty driver making up places on the innocent driver, the guilty driver should immediately allow the innocent driver to pass freely to re-establish their position.
C:
If the appropriate contact concession is not carried out by the guilty party then the usual penalties would apply.
The ahead driver IS entitled to be slower or use longer and earlier braking zones than others. They are also entitled to turn in earlier or later and/or apex earlier or later.

Also, anyone who even tries to remotely weave and warm up their tyres in the formation lap at GV Reverse will be handed a 5 second penalty. No questions asked.

Why shouldn't you warm up your tyres? It distracts other drivers around you. You could make contact with other drivers around you. This is even worse if you made contact with them near the last corner, where we are normally about to perform the rolling start. I know damage is set to light, but I don't want people doing a rolling start with their wheel at a 45 degree angle because they have suspension damage, and next minute their wheels are centre with a 0 degree angle.

Thanks. :)

si_berian_tiger got a 5 second penalty for laying kamy aside at the end of first lap, and late braking into your back at the start of the second lap. It should really be a bigger penalty, but seeing as I was 5.3 seconds behind si_berian_tiger I thought if it was 10 seconds the police would come out and start accusing me again. Although his crimes weren't as agressive as Johny's so you can see it both ways.

GTP_Johny got a 10 second penalty for hitting Wardez in the tunnel and not giving the position back, and hitting the back of outlaw making him spin and again, not giving the position back. 10 seconds will be added to his final time at the end of the next race. Johny also didn't complete 75% race distance so he keeps his 8 kg ballast for the next race.

Overall positions as stated in the spreadsheet still stand. 👍

I've privately accepted the penalties in a pm. Just thought I'd accept them openly too.

I assure you all that neither were intentional. My apologies to Kamy and Paginas

GTP_Johny got a 10 second penalty for hitting Wardez in the tunnel and not giving the position back, and hitting the back of outlaw making him spin and again, not giving the position back. 10 seconds will be added to his final time at the end of the next race. Johny also didn't complete 75% race distance so he keeps his 8 kg ballast for the next race.
For the record, I firmly believe the contact we had was unintentional. It was very difficult to see where he was at that part of the track and I wish I gave him more room.

I've privately accepted the penalties in a pm. Just thought I'd accept them openly too.

I assure you all that neither were intentional. My apologies to Kamy and Paginas

👍

For the record, I firmly believe the contact we had was unintentional. It was very difficult to see where he was at that part of the track and I wish I gave him more room.

Well from my point of view, you was on the inside line for the next right hander and if you had given him any more room you would have been cutting it really tight on that white/red rumble and that white concrete. I think Johny could have avoided it if he had just lifted off a little, after all he had amuch better line for the next right hander. Regardless, it would have still been gentleman like to wait up for you. But of course if you didn't think it was intentional, then the penalty can be reduced to 5 seconds seeing as he was the one who made contact with you. 👍

Well from my point of view, you was on the inside line for the next right hander and if you had given him any more room you would have been cutting it really tight on that white/red rumble and that white concrete. I think Johny could have avoided it if he had just lifted off a little, after all he had amuch better line for the next right hander. Regardless, it would have still been gentleman like to wait up for you. But of course if you didn't think it was intentional, then the penalty can be reduced to 5 seconds seeing as he was the one who made contact with you. 👍
I'll leave the decision up to you. Honestly, the spin didn't affect the overall result for me anyways.

On a side note, my car's color is now AlpinweiB. I think you had Pure White listed as the color earlier for the Z4.

Also, I know that some of us are in different time zones. For those in the Americas, I'll have a room open tomorrow (Tuesday) at around 7 PM EST for some practice.

I am running a Wednesday Night NSX-RM Championship and have had a few people say they can only race on Saturdays.

*EDIT* Just noticed you only needed one more driver, if you need reserve drivers ect, give me a Pm mate and I have a few people who could race.

Last edited:
I'll leave the decision up to you. Honestly, the spin didn't affect the overall result for me anyways.

On a side note, my car's color is now AlpinweiB. I think you had Pure White listed as the color earlier for the Z4.

Also, I know that some of us are in different time zones. For those in the Americas, I'll have a room open tomorrow (Tuesday) at around 7 PM EST for some practice.

Then the penalty will stand. Remember if you hit someone, it shows good sportsmanship if you wait up for them. 👍

Yeah I changed some of the names of colours because you could get nearly identical colours straight from the dealership. :)

If anyone needs to practice, I have a room open right now:

1472 6118 3830 2747 8921

Last edited:
Does anyone want to do some practice races tonight at around 7pm BST? Obviously I don't want to host a room if only 2 or 3 people turn up though.

If you open a room I'll join. Even if I'm not racing this week I will be glad to join and practice a bit with you guys. 👍

Back