GT4 European Cup | Champion: R1600Turbo !

• Thread starter Adam41
  • 605 comments
Dude i need to test, hvnt done a lap but wont have time untill F1 is down so i might get an hour in ;)

Here are the facts.

- I did about 1 hour of testing with each car at Suzuka (I thought this would be a good test track, obviously not).
- It seemed the Mustang was too fast at Rome, because it got killed in the first sector of Suzuka. All the cars were equal at Rome. If you don't think they were, then fine. I could set mid-high 1:12's with all cars.
- Before I did the tyre wear testing. I took 30 BHP off the Mustang in the meantime. This was only provisional, because it would not be able to keep up at any track with 30 BHP less.
- I never insulted yoman or Mule. I simply asked why they quit, because we had some really good races afterwards. Jesus.
- and yeah I don't want people to rage quit when they get overtaken (like Johny), and then blame the reason why they got overtaken is because the person who overtook them has the best car. Especially when that person who overtakes them is me, who has dedicated a lot of hours into testing the cars. Especially when I took 30 BHP off because a few people were unhappy from Rome.
- Here's another fact, I've only done 1 lap below 2 minutes at GV. All the other cars can get into the 1:58's. This proves that with probably 20 BHP more it will be competitive. Remember, just because I won the previous race, doesn't mean that the Mustang has to have a lot less BHP. Ballast slows down people who get podiums but in the meanwhile, yes I will make minor alterations to the car. Thanks for asking.
- Johny apologised yesterday.

Any more problems, PM me.

I was going to get all the tyre wear testing done yesterday, but the comments on this thread didn't exactly give me the enthusiasm to get it done. So I'm finishing it off now...
I hope you'll get that BHP back on. I don't want to podium a race because you have taken power off your car because of the complaints. The ballast is to make the races closer, so you don't have to take the power off. But if you take 30 BHP off your car, so do I.

^^ I'll post race information up after F1 Qualifying at 14:00.

I haven't tested the Mustang yet. I want to go watch F1 Quali.

10 lap stints done with each car. Plus the outlap so really 11 laps. All stints are done using the mods as listed in the OP.

Car - best lap - top speed down home straight (mph) - notes

Camaro -- 1:57.6 - 147 - even tyre wear. With such a fast time, no changes made.
Evora ---- 1:57.8 - 148 - rears went off much more than the fronts. On lap 9, it was doing laps 0.6 of its best.
Maserati - 1:57.9 - 150 - Tyres went off quite a bit, but with a fast time, no changes made.
M3 ------ 1:58.0 - 149 - Nearly identical to the Maserati.
Corvette - 1:58.2 - 150 - Fronts go off faster than the rears, but it stays quite consistent.
370z ----- 1:58.6 - 150 - A bit down on pace and the tyres go off a bit, catalytic converter added.
Z4 M ----- 1:58.8 - 151 - although not all there on pace, even on lap 10 it was in and around 1 second of it's best.
350z ----- 1:59.0 - 151 - fronts hurt more than the rear. Only a race filter has been added - this car will do well at Monza.
Mustang -- 1:59.8 - 152 - off the pace, worst tyre wear, but I power limited it by 1.5% anyway. Will do well at Monza.

You might say, I told you the cars weren't equal. Well, Rome is a very fast track whereas GV Reverse is very technical and nearly 2x longer in length. Of course some cars are going to perform better at different tracks, that's what the GT4 Cup is all about.

Last edited:
- Wardez (Wardez) - Lotus Evora - Lotus Racing Green Metallic

Thought I'd try my hand since I usually go to sleep right after the races are over on Saturdays so it would be cool to watch F1 quali. then jump into a serious race.

Thanks for putting it together Aderrrm.

I cant make the race today. I have family over for the day. Sorry guys. Will be back next week.

I'm having serious oversteer issues on the tight hairpin at GVR. The rest of the track is fine, but I have to trundle round at 51mph to stop the oversteer. Losing a bag of time in that one corner alone!

Thought I'd try my hand since I usually go to sleep right after the races are over on Saturdays so it would be cool to watch F1 quali. then jump into a serious race.

Nice wardez will be looking forward to beat you (as normal LOL)

Hey Wardez. Welcome aboard. :)

I cant make the race today. I have family over for the day. Sorry guys. Will be back next week.

No problem. See you next week!

I'm having serious oversteer issues on the tight hairpin at GVR. The rest of the track is fine, but I have to trundle round at 51mph to stop the oversteer. Losing a bag of time in that one corner alone!

Yep, same. I tend to brake later and take a straighter exit out of that corner. If you put too much lock on mid corner your back end will come round.

Room will be open in 2 hours. Race info will be up very soon.

Sorry Aderrrm, gotta miss another race, put me on the reserves list please for the rest of the season.

Race Information - Grand Valley Reverse

Laps will be set to 21.
  • 30 minute practice (containing 1 or 2 practice races) followed by 15 minute qualifying, starting at 17:00 BST (GMT+1). Read the Qualifying section of the OP for further information.
  • You should not go off track or drive "dirty". Red+white rumble strips are track, the white/grey concrete is not. If you continuously drive on dirty parts of the track during the race and you gain time from doing so, an appropriate penalty will be given out.
  • These are the obvious dirty parts of the track. You should not run wide here. Given in chronological order of the lap (click for big):

• Remember if you run wide on a hot lap during Qualifying, you must abandon the lap and make sure it does not end up being your fastest lap.

Formation lap: Maintain a pace of EXACTLY 50 mph/80 kmh Do not weave in order to try and warm up your tyres. This will only cause damage.
Polesitter will start on the RIGHT hand side (the outside line to the first corner), 2nd place driver will start on the LEFT hand side. So we will do a formation lap in the positions the game places us from Qualifying. The front of your car should not pass the back end of the car in front!

Pits: The Pits will open on lap number 9 (as in the top left corner of your screen) and close on lap 14 (as in the top left corner of your screen). Therefore you may pit on laps 9, 10, 11, 12 and 13. Failing to do so will result in an appropriate penalty.

That's all. Have fun everyone and keep it clean. 👍

Room will be opened within the hour, please add my PSN to find the room easier.

Last edited:
Wait, so are we about thirty minutes, or an hour and thirty till race time?

Room opens in 15 minutes. Qualifying starts in 50 minutes. Race starts in just over an hour.

Room will be open within 10 minutes. Can someone post the room number here when you're in the room please, cheers. 👍

Last edited:
Gonna start streaming soon. And it'll have a bad ass little GT4 watermark too B)

Streaming live, someone let me know how the audio on the channel is please.

Just a heads up to Aderrrm before you go and take some power away from me, remember the additional weight I'll be carrying next week and my car sucks down straightaways. :P

Have a couple videos clipped from my stream archive (in very low quality) that are transferring to Youtube. It's taking a little longer than I thought so I'll post them up in a few hours.

Other wise:
Great race guys, really enjoyed the time. Can't wait to see it through 👍

I find it funny how everyone complained about how rubbish that car was on last race and now it seems to be the best EVEN with ballast LOL

Sorry aderrrm but think you got bullied into that and you shudnt of changed anything, i think you done a great job before hand.

Erm also my car sucks (lol) i need more BHP please can i have it
(its worth a try ;) )

PLUS
Who knocked me off in turn 1 (was very poor driving)
And the back marker than didnt want to yield is a ***** LOL

Apart from that was a gd race, tyres were shot to bits at the end

I find it funny how everyone complained about how rubbish that car was on last race and now it seems to be the best EVEN with ballast LOL

Sorry aderrrm but think you got bullied into that and you shudnt of changed anything, i think you done a great job before hand.

Erm also my car sucks (lol) i need more BHP please can i have it
(its worth a try ;) )

Watch yourself buddy.

I complained about lack of power after the last race, but haven't said 🤬 since then. Yes he gave me more power (hardly any btw) which probably doesn't make up for the added weight, so the car I would say is about the same as last week. Difference here? Better tune and better track. Not only that, I had less traffic to contend with at the start of this race.

We had some great battles up front. The reason the Z came out on top was because of tires. With my tune it ate them up less than the heavy V8 monsters. Driving skills come into play here as well.

I think the cars are great where they are Aderrrm. Don't change a thing.

Well the Youtube transfer's taking way too long so I'll just post a link to the highlight clips from my stream on my Justin archive.

Here's the rolling start to lap 2 where Johny, Paginas and I had the crash. Still don't know what happened really.

http://www.justin.tv/wardezgo/b/288830800

(also, as you can see in the video, the Lotus sucks on rolling starts :embarrassed:)

And here's the incident that stalled... killed my race.
Pitting on Lap 10, everything's going as usual, the AI pit driver seems to have overshot my pit box, and the crew just stood there... for the rest of the race with me not being able to do a thing about it.

http://www.justin.tv/wardezgo/b/288831032

Last edited:
first i want to blame myself because i didn't had chassis reinforcement didn't know what that was actually as i'm dutch, still impressive i could do a 1 59 2, but what a shame....

Well the Youtube transfer's taking way too long so I'll just post a link to the highlight clips from my stream on my Justin archive.

Here's the rolling start to lap 2 where Johny, Paginas and I had the crash. Still don't know what happened really.
I was right behind you when it happened. Someone (not sure who, haven't seen the replay yet) went three wide and did not look they were going to back off approaching that kink. Realizing that it spelled disaster, I backed off quite a bit and I snuck through that unscathed.

Unfortunately, a few laps later, I was side by side with Johny trying to make a pass and we touched, resulting in me spinning. Not sure what happened there either (not sure if I gave him enough room). Later, I had caught back up to him and he went wide on that corner before the 2nd hairpin. I thought his car was going to get stuck on the left. Instead, he spun across the track and I already committed to the right side and T-boned him. He quit after that.
And here's the incident that stalled... killed my race.

Pitting on Lap 10, everything's going as usual, the AI pit driver seems to have overshot my pit box, and the crew just stood there... for the rest of the race with me not being able to do a thing about it.
Nice job, pit crew. :dunce:

By the looks of it, your stall was one of the first on pit road. Unfortunately, your car did not slow fast enough to make it, meaning that someone would have to slow down the car BEFORE the AI takes over. Definitely a design flaw. 👎

Back