GTP_WRS (GT5) Week 22 : AsaparaWhat?

• Thread starter EDK
  • 344 comments

my plans to spend a good deal of time on this backfired..... I'll get some more time in this weekend I hope.

Downforce: 35/35

Gears: Default - TS to 149 - Final to 3.810

13 30 20

-10 -10
17.8 13.8
9 7
6 5
7 5

2.5 1.0
0.00 0.00

BB 8/5
ABS 1
Put it in a quote to make sure Fetchy doesn't give me absurd splits. :)

Last edited:
Continuing to push this car beyond its limits. Improvement in T1, slightly slower in T2, but a MASSIVE .524 gain at T3 :)

T1: 20.779
T2: 31.093

Nice to actually have have some time to run whilst awake this week (time off at home with the little lad!), but I probably won't get much time on this after today.

Pretty happy with this overall lap, can go to tweaking and shaving against the ghost now. I think I'll even submit it for insurance.

T1: 20.897
T2: 31.415

Setup as before (milross suspension w/zeroed toe, EDK v1 gears, 15/55/20 LSD, but I've finally reached 399bhp), with ABS 3 and Active Steering Mild. Will turn those down again while tweaking, and I'll try some less safe setups (LSD, toe).

Can someone give me some of what the zookeepers are feeding Lynx and Ferret? :scared:

jbrinkley is clearly also an animal of an as yet unidentified species

Last edited:
Seems the leaderboard didn't like my splits, maybe because I posted them with the tune? Let's try again...

T1: 20.636
T2: 30.937

I'm still not sure about T3 though, I'm always going back and forth with the ghost. It seems like you can sacrifice speed through one corner to gain in another the whole way up, but it's hard to find a line that gets you through both as quickly as possible.

Silly me thinking I might actually find time to have a proper go at this one, still only managed 3 laps all week. 👎 :grumpy:

Man I almost quit the WRS before even getting started. hahahaha

I ran a really sweet lap where I went 3 tenths faster than I ever had before thru every sector. Running almost 1 second faster lap time than my previous best. I came to compare my split times. I thought the fastest guy beat me by 1.2 seconds thru the first corner. I was shocked. Stunned really. I couldnt figure out how anyone could be that much faster thru the first corner.

Nah he didn't. I just thought I did a 21.8xx but I really did a 20.8xx only 2 tenths slower. That makes much more sense.

So i wont quit because Im not good enough...but i was thinking all you guys are RACING GODS and Im way out of my leaugue.:)

Man I almost quit the WRS before even getting started. hahahaha

I ran a really sweet lap where I went 3 tenths faster than I ever had before thru every sector. Running almost 1 second faster lap time than my previous best. I came to compare my split times. I thought the fastest guy beat me by 1.2 seconds thru the first corner. I was shocked. Stunned really. I couldnt figure out how anyone could be that much faster thru the first corner.

Nah he didn't. I just thought I did a 21.8xx but I really did a 20.8xx only 2 tenths slower. That makes much more sense.

So i wont quit because Im not good enough...but i was thinking all you guys are RACING GODS and Im way out of my leaugue.:)

No worries Jack, WRS is about improving yourself and learning from other :).
The different combos will require different technics to be fast, wich will make you improve.
Be sure to run the right specs, in this case the Engine stage 3. Try some of the tunes in the thread they can very helpfull.
Some guys spend alot of time in these (practice makes perfect).

Don't give up yet!

New splits.

T1: 20.853
T2: 31.238

Nearly at my limit now, lost a bit in the final sector on this lap though.

Cheers Shaun.

EDK
New ones for me tonight -

Car is up to 398 HP, and the tune is a little more refined now -

Aero - Max on Both Ends

Gears

Final - 4076

Top speed in top box shows as 178 MPH

LSD - Default

Ride -5/-10
Springs 13.8/16.5
Damp EXT 8/8
Camp Comp 6/8
ARB 5/6

Camber 2.5/0.8
Toe 0/-0.15

Brakes 3/7

I don't really get it. I read for the second time that your car is up into the 390's HP. But the opening post says 369HP. Im i missing something?

And what do you mean by engine break in?

PD attempts to model this in GT5:

Break-in or breaking in, also known as run-in or running in, is the procedure of conditioning a new piece of equipment by giving it an initial period of running, usually under light load, but sometimes under heavy load or normal load. It is generally a process of moving parts wearing against each other to produce the last small bit of size and shape adjustment that will settle them into a stable relationship for the rest of their working life.

Of course I don't think many WRS'ers adhere to the "light load" part of the equation.

But isn't it the rule to keep it on 369HP?

And what do you mean by engine break in?

Read the rule again. It says the number will go up with engine break in, and that max power is fine.

Car will have max power after the first 200 miles, then you have to watch to make sure it doesn't dip down. Change oil as soon as it does.

This has always been the case with GT mode in GT games, at least back to GT3.

Thanks WRP and Kevin. I misunderstood the rule. My bad.

So it's better to buy a new AsparaDrink then?

New splits. Took a bit of time just to get my pedals to not ease up on the throttle every time i had a fast lap going.

T1: 20.953
T2: 31.342

Hopefully fetchbot changes that ds3 icon to a wheel this time....

Found another 30mins of seat time this morning. Shade faster at T2, but over over two tenths at the line :cool: Subsequent lap was even faster still up to 'The Hairpin' but then I got on the power too hard. I think my weak corner is Coca-Cola, so that's something to work on next time. Still using the v.1.1 tune and I reckon there's another .2 there somewhere...

My splits on my current best lap. Altho I just submitted my qualifier times yesterday and I have no clue if the splits will get recorded.

T1: 20.882
T2: 31.459

Not particularly all that great, they arent that bad either. I did however go 9 tenths faster than I ever have before on this lap thru T3.:)

Gave this another go tonight.

T1: 20.784
T2: 30.934

Lost at least a tenth on T3 so will give this one more try tomorrow.

Still using Carlos tune 👍 with aero 35/55 and 3/7 on brakes

Thanks WRP and Kevin. I misunderstood the rule. My bad.

So it's better to buy a new AsparaDrink then?

Sorry, Dennis. Was replying from my phone before, so was not able to give you all of this. Let me explain further.

When I post the combo, I assume most people will have to buy the car new. So I go buy a new one, and make the needed modifications. And call out the specs of the car at that time.

If you have one already broken in, you're likely better off just doing an oil change and any other needed maintenance, like the Chassis refresh or engine rebuild.

Hope that helps.

:cheers:
Kevin

Gave this another go tonight.

T1: 20.784
T2: 30.934

Lost at least a tenth on T3 so will give this one more try tomorrow.

Still using Carlos tune 👍 with aero 35/55 and 3/7 on brakes

Just a curious question that I think I already know the answer to -

Are you using less aero for more straightline speed, or is it more about having a loose back end for the final sector?

EDK
Just a curious question that I think I already know the answer to -

Are you using less aero for more straightline speed, or is it more about having a loose back end for the final sector?
I tried that, it makes less than a 10 foot difference down the straight at minimum downforce all the way round, somehow no speed gain from removing rear d/f on this car.
I had previously tried 35/35 d/f, but that made less than a 2 foot difference, if any at all.

Also I remember you saying this car runs out of steam up top, don't know if that's what you observed driving, but the graph and my experience so far is showing me to get as close to the limiter as I can. JMO. 👍

I tried that, it makes less than a 10 foot difference down the straight at minimum downforce all the way round, somehow no speed gain from removing rear d/f on this car.
I had previously tried 35/35 d/f, but that made less than a 2 foot difference, if any at all.

Also I remember you saying this car runs out of steam up top, don't know if that's what you observed driving, but the graph and my experience so far is showing me to get as close to the limiter as I can. JMO. 👍

Thanks. My experience so far on GT5 has been like that on the DF.

My shift point observation was based on the speedo pace. I noticed it lagging toward the top in 5th, for example, and if I shifted up, it immediately gained speed at a faster rate.

The DF from my set-up was about handling balance rather than top speed. My experience from the week in the NASCAR was the DF had negligible impact ion top speed

Back