GTP_WRS (GT5) Week 22 : AsaparaWhat?

• Thread starter EDK
  • 344 comments
I recently boughed the PX21 they are pretty nice, its confusing because this foto show the PX21 and the price of the DPX21 I asume :D. While the PX21 is half the price :).

The photo is of the one I have....Ear Force DPX21.

PX21=No DSS 7.1 Bundle.

yeah i have the px21 to play cod with, but they are great for driving.

They do do a wireless one its the px5, thinking about upgrading at some point or maybe get these http://www.astrogaming.co.uk/wireless-systems/a40-wireless-systems/a40-wireless-system-bxr-edition bit pricey though :crazy:

Yes, very pricey....$249. At the time I bought mine, the wireless wasn't available.....not sure I would entertain that much $$$ just to get Blue Tooth! :crazy:

New splits.

T1: 20.970
T2: 31.302

Still a bit of time left on track.
I can go under 21 pretty regularly on sector 1 only to throw it away in sector 2 or 3. :banghead:

Cheers Shaun.

I'm really out of it today, can't get within 0.50 of my prevoius best.:crazy:

I think I burned myself out yesterday, did a marathon of events to get to level 40 in my non GTPlant ID. Why I'm not sure, I was getting close so figured to go for it. All you get is a trophy, no car, not even a horn (who cares).

Anyway, I'll try again tomorrow, need to find a couple tenth's to get to the top of the leader board in my div.

This track really test one's finesse and patience.:scared:

The photo is of the one I have....Ear Force DPX21.

PX21=No DSS 7.1 Bundle.

I am pretty sure that on the side of the earphone stands PX21 and the looks are exactly the same. But that little thing makes it D probably :P. But you are right that photo is indeed DPX21.

Last edited:
I am pretty sure that on the side of the earphone stands PX21 and the looks are exactly the same. But that little thing makes it D probably :P. But you are right that photo is indeed DPX21.

Maybe a simple way to explain it.

A PX21 is only stereo, while the DPX21 is Dolby Surround Sound 7.1 Enhanced. Not a little thing, :lol:, that's a big, big difference!

Back on topic: in 100R, better to throttle down slightly or drop down a gear?

After messing with the gearbox, I've found a pretty good setup for coca-cola, and 100r.
Downshift to 4th for coca-cola, accelerate and shift up to 5th for the first 1/3 of 100r, maintain speed through 2/3, then shift down to 4th to slow a bit (small brake tap), then accelerate again, and setup for the hairpin.
For my setup 4th gear would literally run out of gear if the hairpin was 10 yards further away (if I run wide in 100r, a quick shift to 5th is sometimes necessary, but it kind of messes up the flow, so a good, consistent line is needed).

I've been running this gear setup:

Top speed in the top right: 282 (~175 mph)
Top speed in the bottom right: 270 (~168 mph)

3.805 3.360
2.506 (shift to 3rd @ ~8100rpm instead of redline)
final: 3.998

When I tune the suspension better, I'll look to adjust a bit more (2nd-3rd is a little weak).

Last edited:

I shift to 4th for Coca Cola and leave it in 4th for 100R on my setup. I let it hit the limiter in 100R, then just give a little lift as needed to maintain the tight line. I think my low speed right now is about 110 MPH, but as I have to chase harder to improve, I will watch that speed much more closely in an effort to find and maintain the max. You really want to keep it in tight there to set up and brake on time for the hairpin. For hairpin, you want to be back on the gas before you even apex, to make the most out of the full throttle run down to the 3rd sector.

EDK
I shift to 4th for Coca Cola and leave it in 4th for 100R on my setup. I let it hit the limiter in 100R, then just give a little lift as needed to maintain the tight line. I think my low speed right now is about 110 MPH, but as I have to chase harder to improve, I will watch that speed much more closely in an effort to find and maintain the max. You really want to keep it in tight there to set up and brake on time for the hairpin. For hairpin, you want to be back on the gas before you even apex, to make the most out of the full throttle run down to the 3rd sector.

Sounds very similar to the way I am tackling it, stay in 4th and ride the line as best as possible, then hit an early 5th to get more top speed coming up to the hairpin and also some extra compression whilst braking. I too have been noticing my speeds here, with 110 about the average minimum and my highest throughout the whole turn being 111-112mph.

If you go over 110, you run the risk of hitting the tight left hander too far to the left of the track. If this happens, you'll lose about a light year of time in the run to the dunlop turn. The left-hander after the long right curve is parabolic, you can really run it quite wide on exit and put the power down a lot sooner than you would with a standard turn. I try and late apex around here almost everywhere, trying to spring-load a fast exit on a straight enough line possible. At the moment, this seems to work best for me!

In regards to Coca-cola (the sweeping right) I've found that downshifting to 4th (from 5th) and then hitting the gas (While staying as tight as you can) at roughly 108-110mph works well. It's all about the apexes and earliest "power-down" points in turns 1 and 4.

Did some more laps, still on stock tuning and gear settings

After messing with the gearbox, I've found a pretty good setup for coca-cola, and 100r.
Downshift to 4th for coca-cola, accelerate and shift up to 5th for the first 1/3 of 100r, maintain speed through 2/3, then shift down to 4th to slow a bit (small brake tap), then accelerate again, and setup for the hairpin.
For my setup 4th gear would literally run out of gear if the hairpin was 10 yards further away (if I run wide in 100r, a quick shift to 5th is sometimes necessary, but it kind of messes up the flow, so a good, consistent line is needed).

Just looked at my replay and I'm too wide at the center of 100R and chose to throttle back. Might try the 5th if that happens again.

I've been running this gear setup:

Top speed in the top right: 282 (~175 mph)
Top speed in the bottom right: 270 (~168 mph)

2.506 (shift to 3rd @ ~8100rpm instead of redline)
final: 3.998

When I tune the suspension better, I'll look to adjust a bit more (2nd-3rd is a little weak).

Definitely will give this a try later.

EDK

I haven't had a chance to run your gear setup yet [but will], Kevin, but I am right at 110 in 4th in the center of 100R. My entry, I believe, is too fast, throwing me too wide

Sounds very similar to the way I am tackling it, stay in 4th and ride the line as best as possible, then hit an early 5th to get more top speed coming up to the hairpin and also some extra compression whilst braking. I too have been noticing my speeds here, with 110 about the average minimum and my highest throughout the whole turn being 111-112mph.

If you go over 110, you run the risk of hitting the tight left hander too far to the left of the track. If this happens, you'll lose about a light year of time in the run to the dunlop turn. The left-hander after the long right curve is parabolic, you can really run it quite wide on exit and put the power down a lot sooner than you would with a standard turn. I try and late apex around here almost everywhere, trying to spring-load a fast exit on a straight enough line possible. At the moment, this seems to work best for me!

In regards to Coca-cola (the sweeping right) I've found that downshifting to 4th (from 5th) and then hitting the gas (While staying as tight as you can) at roughly 108-110mph works well. It's all about the apexes and earliest "power-down" points in turns 1 and 4.

That last sentence hits home. :indiff:
At the least though, it seems my speed and gears through 100R is fairly consistent with all of you.

My last run was using Carlos' gear setup. Thanks, Carlos!

Gonna try 'em all! :)

And thanks for all the tips, guys!! 👍👍👍👍

Last edited:
Not much better second session, missed the apex at "hairpin" by a mile. :)

T1: 20.713
T2: 31.081

Some light at the end of the tunnel, found a much better way through the sweeper. I swing wide before turn-in and stay full throttle until I reach about 195kph just about where the inside of the track turns a little sharper. I then ease off the throttle completely and coast to 175 and then back hard on the throttle and clip the inside for a late apex. All in 4th (rev limiter at 199).

T1: 20.722
T2: 30.916

Messed up T3 pretty bad but still managed to stay ahead, but there's probably 2-3 tenths to gain there by just driving "ok".

Last edited:
New Splits using Carlos V1.1 tune 👍

T1: 20.893
T2: 31.232

Slight wheel spin entering the hairpin, but very good T3 overall.
Great tune Carlos 👍

Glad to see my set-up is finding favour around the world :)

No track time again last night so I still haven't had much opportunity to run v1.1 in anger but I know I'll see an improvement. IMO, Coca-Cola, 100R and the Hairpin are key to a great lap.

Coca Cola in 4th and accelerating through is just a matter of timing and picking your turn in point, but 100R is a balancing act and I think some speed has to be sacrificed so that a good line can be had for the hairpin. I'm finding if I go too hard through 100R I have to swing back across the track too late for the hairpin and the car then becomes unstable. Once I do get a run in, there may be a v1.2 to adjust 4th and 5th gear for 100R. At the moment it's all in 5th but I'm not sure whether we're dropping a little too low in the power band. Might try adjusting my line per Yanaran's suggestion to see if that helps, as the gear ratios are pretty good for the rest of the track I think.

:cheers:

Carlos, now that my car has been fully ran in, with your setup & max HP that the car produces, I'm starting to see some great results. Again :cheers:

T1: 20.835
T2: 31.019

:)

Out of interest, I had a look at what times the SuperGt guys were doing at Fuji. The last event there was 30/4 to 1/5 this year. The GT500 pole time was 1'32.738 and the GT300 pole time was 1'42.288. Given that our car is essentially a GT400 (399bhp) then a time somewhere between those two times should be about right, and I would think that the D1 guys should be able to get there. Will be interesting to see how close the lead time is to a theoretical GT400 pole time of 1'37.513*

*Caveat - I do not know if there are any other performance differences between the Gt300 and Gt500 classes, such as allowable tyre width or minimum weight limit, that might also affect the delta lap time.

Last edited:
New ones for me tonight -

Car is up to 398 HP, and the tune is a little more refined now -

Aero - Max on Both Ends

Gears

Final - 4076

Top speed in top box shows as 178 MPH

LSD - Default

Ride -5/-10
Springs 13.8/16.5
Damp EXT 8/8
Camp Comp 6/8
ARB 5/6

Camber 2.5/0.8
Toe 0/-0.15

Brakes 3/7

EDK
New ones for me tonight -

Car is up to 398 HP, and the tune is a little more refined now -

Aero - Max on Both Ends

Gears

Final - 4076

Top speed in top box shows as 178 MPH

LSD - Default

Ride -5/-10
Springs 13.8/16.5
Damp EXT 8/8
Camp Comp 6/8
ARB 5/6

Camber 2.5/0.8
Toe 0/-0.15

Brakes 3/7

I'm gonna try this because it looks so very different from mine.

Did you just happen to like the stock lsd?
Just curious, I'm sure I'll end up fiddling with it after some laps with stock.

Tarmac and Red and White Rumbles are Track
Nothing Else is Track.
Green or Tarmac Run off Areas are NOT Part of the Track

With the race rules above in place, am I correct to assume then that the white square strips outside the normal white line in the pic below is not legal?

fujispeedwayf.jpg

-

Marginal improvement. Blew an 51.89x at T2 so I know there is more to come

Much better T3 :cheers:

Dan, I reckon that is clean, as in most places you'd need to traverse the white line to get to the red and white rumble, so if the whilte line is clean in that instance, it surely has to be clean elsewhere.

More importantly, I see a slither of tarmac between the white line and the gutter!!!

Nice splits Kev and US 👍

We're looking mighty close at T2 from P8-11. 0.091 total separating us. I know from past experience here that T2 unfortunately means very little in terms of who will get the fastest lap. Gobs of time to be lost or found in the final sector.

I'm gonna try this because it looks so very different from mine.

Did you just happen to like the stock lsd?
Just curious, I'm sure I'll end up fiddling with it after some laps with stock.

I normally work on other things before messing with LSD. I did make some attempts to change it, but everything I did in terms of lowering it made the car feel less stable and put me at greater risk of spinning. It could be that my suspension is compensating for the relatively strong LSD, but as long as the car is balanced and goes where I point it, I don't view that as a bad thing. It doesn't seem to have excessive amounts of understeer, either.

With the race rules above in place, am I correct to assume then that the white square strips outside the normal white line in the pic below is not legal?

fujispeedwayf.jpg

-

Where is that on the track? The white line is legal, so I THINK the pic you show is legal, but of course I can't see precisely where the tire is.

The grey stuff looks to be concrete and not tarmac. I would not consider it a legal surface. But I want to know where you are to know if I need to make a rules clarification. It seems to me that getting into that gray stuff would do nothing to help you laptime, though.

EDK

Where is that on the track? The white line is legal, so I THINK the pic you show is legal, but of course I can't see precisely where the tire is.

The grey stuff looks to be concrete and not tarmac. I would not consider it a legal surface. But I want to know where you are to know if I need to make a rules clarification. It seems to me that getting into that gray stuff would do nothing to help you laptime, though.

Turn 2 right kink. Here's a better pic.

fujispeedwayf1j.jpg

Back