GTP_WRS (GT5) Week 22 : AsaparaWhat?

• Thread starter EDK
  • 344 comments
Anyone know what the max break-in miles needed for max HP?

Currently, I'm at 133.3mi with oil resulting in 395hp. :indiff:

EDK
It's about 200 miles.

I've been missing from WRS since online racing came back, but I can't pass up my favorite car class (not favorite GT300 car, but close second) and one of my favorite tracks. 👍

I do seem to be having a problem (look at quotes above); my car only has 353HP with stage 3 engine and about 235mi. on it. :ouch: I'm getting good 2nd and 3rd splits, but the HP is killing me on 1st split. (I don't want to post splits until I figure this out, but I'm getting 21.8** and 31.8** with the 353hp.) Any suggestion as to what could be wrong?

Really? I guess you know you own performance better than anyone else, but car set up will be as important as racing line and braking points with this car, and who knows what tunes people will throw into the ring later on in the week.

Just seems a shame to throw in the towel after 45 minutes :indiff:

EDIT: First splits...

Not my performance, my patience. I'm usually very impatient and my driving skills are not up to my expectations or desires. That's why I go little by little, or else I'll just end up throwing definitely the towel out of complete anger and frustration. I'm not sure if I'll revisit the combo, but as I said before I've never done so for a WRS, usually I just tried once and for little time for the reasons I've just said.

I don't know...maybe I wrote one or two things a bit too exaggerated but I won't blame me, I was very excited for my lap. Whether it was a fast one or not, I felt it as the top achievement of the longest session I've done for the WRS and I think of it as an accomplishment :).

I've been missing from WRS since online racing came back, but I can't pass up my favorite car class (not favorite GT300 car, but close second) and one of my favorite tracks. 👍

I do seem to be having a problem (look at quotes above); my car only has 353HP with stage 3 engine and about 235mi. on it. :ouch: I'm getting good 2nd and 3rd splits, but the HP is killing me on 1st split. (I don't want to post splits until I figure this out, but I'm getting 21.8** and 31.8** with the 353hp.) Any suggestion as to what could be wrong?

Engine Rebuild? If nothing works, then try buying a new one and starting all over again.

It shouldn't need rebuild with only 250mi. I've got 3 of them so I'll try getting some miles on one of the others and see what happens, just hate putting engine stages on cars, usually it makes them unusable in online races.

Oil is good Carlos.

Oil is good Carlos.

You mean it looks clean, or you've changed it?

You haven't been playing with the power limiter have you for online? also check that it does have stage 3 on it (I know I'm sorry, but there has to be a reason) 👍

Is your power limiter set to something other than 100%?

This combo looks like fun but i still want to see if i can get anything else out of that mini before i come here :)

Oh yes i believe there will be laps run this week. Look like it will be fun. Yet another track I have never seen before though :nervous:

You mean it looks clean, or you've changed it?

You haven't been playing with the power limiter have you for online? also check that it does have stage 3 on it (I know I'm sorry, but there has to be a reason) 👍

EDK
Is your power limiter set to something other than 100%?

That was it, power limiter was set to meet specs for an online series.... boy do I feel dumb. :dopey:

Will post set-up soon - just messing with gear ratios at the moment. :cheers:

EDIT: New splits...

My set-up as it currently stands at 197 miles and 399bhp.

Downforce 35/43
Trans
1 - 4.251
2 - 2.917
3 - 2.185
4 - 1.7
5 - 1.348
6 - 1.144
Final 3.6
Max speed 280
LSD 5/15/5
Suspension...
-4/-10
14.5/13.5
8/8
7/8
6/5
2.3/1.0
-0.05/0
BB 3/10

It's not perfect, but it's a good start :cheers:

Last edited:
That's a stunning T2 Dominic :crazy: Without wishing to appear rude, it's not a typo is it???

Reposting my splits as Fetchy seems to have missed the previous update

10 laps in. Sector 3 has brutal uphill off camber turns. First two sectors are pretty easy tho. Outbreaking myself into the two tight turns from high speed is the only annoyance at the moment!!

First 20 laps no tune. Just want to get a time up to work on.

T1: 20.833
T2: 31.298

Last edited:
On seccond thoughts I can't even find the car so it looks like I will be sitting out again this week

New to this series guys but getting times i'm pleased with. Tried the car and was a bit swirly to begin but some tuning has helped plenty.

I don't see how i can go much faster than this having watched the replay. T3 was dreadful on this lap so overall time should drop with practice.

I don't see how i can go much faster than this having watched the replay. T3 was dreadful on this lap so overall time should drop with practice.

Is your car fully run in? I'm on about 80 miles now and my times are getting better.

Not quite - 389bhp - so a little more to give. I've also tuned it myself and probably haven't got the gearing right, running on max aero and have tinkered with suspension and LSD in accordance with what I usually do - when it's up to 399bhp I'll try a couple of other setups to find out if my setup is pants.

If CSL's T2 turns out to be accurate and not a typo then I really am clueless as to where to start to get anywhere near that!

Here's a link to a good tune for this grippy car.

Jerome

If CSL's T2 turns out to be accurate and not a typo then I really am clueless as to where to start to get anywhere near that!

Yeah that T2 is incredible. There's still plenty of time improve though mate. :)

I'm not comfortable at all on Fuji. I've only driven it in the FGT champs and used to think it was the car, but it feels the same now so I think it's the track. Every corner feels wrong somehow.

T1: 20.816
T2: 31.096

Revised splits,

T1, 0:21.272
T2, 0:31.597

I'm getting the car closer to my liking, just have to get better on this god awful track. I'm trying to tell myself this track isn't all that bad, not working so far.

Last edited:
Just a quick session.
Still not broken in yet.
Still learning this track.:indiff:

T1: 21.310
T2: 32.176

-----

A little more broke in, a little more tune.
Still see areas to knock time off.

T1: 21.244
T2: 31.697

-----

A minor improvement on overall lap time.
T3 is a killer. It'll either make it or break it.

T1: 21.006
T2: 31.796

Last edited:
Not going to be running this combo I'm afraid. Taking off for a month trip (work/vacation) on Saturday morning and away from my PS3/Wheel the entire time. I was hoping to get in some sessions early in the week, but the excessive hours I put in last week's combo put a stop to that. I guess you could say I went "all in" last week -- let's hope it was worth it.

I'll be following the threads/action as I'll have internet access. Good luck to all and I'll rejoin with gusto in Mid-August.

Phew. One less fast D3 driver to contend with. :)
Then the question for us becomes, will Lynx-Can submit? :sly:

Have a good trip, Tim, we'll miss ya.

Then the question for us becomes, will Lynx-Can submit? :sly:

I will lol .:) I skipped last weeks event as I was away from home with work most of the week.

As for the Suzuka event, (week 20) well, I missed the submission deadline. :grumpy: My girlfriend booked a suprise weekend away. I guess it was worth it :)

I'll be handing over my final time 100% this week.

Latest Posts

Back