GTP_WRS (GT5) Week 22 : AsaparaWhat?

• Thread starter EDK
  • 344 comments
Good to hear!

The hunt for 1+ seconds is on! 👍

Current splits were with unbroken-in and untuned car. More miles and generous tune-sharing folks should help that out. Probably start with Carlos' tune tonight. :cheers:

Probably start with Carlos' tune tonight. :cheers:

I'm using that tune too with 393 bhp I think having ran 90 miles. Is it 399 bhp with a fully run in car? I've changed my brake bias though. 4 and 6 I think. I've found 3 front and 10 rear doesn't really suit my driving style.

I still haven't touched transmission settings yet.

Whoops, hehe.
Thank goodness :sly:

Probably start with Carlos' tune tonight. :cheers:

Lucas, I'm honoured! You may want/need to adjust BB and the diff to suit your style. I've got the BB set to get some rotation into turn 1 and the chicane, and the diff set to have as little effect as possible. With 'only' 400bhp and R2 tyres you should be able to get hard on the power nice and early.

Having said all that, I'm sure the D1 guys will be using something more extreme and ultimately faster :cheers:

Last edited:
This is using Carlos' setup

I'm going to try the setup link Jerome posted now

T1: 21.532
T2: 32.800

Lost at least 1.5 in Corner 13 and Netz Corner going wide, dammit. [Hate both of them] :nervous:

Running a mix of setups of Praliano, Vette, Carlos and Jerome with minor adjustments.

Nice to have you back, Dan! Glad you triumphed over the cat, as it should be. 👍

Where's Corner 13? Not sure which of the slight bends would actually be counted as corners...

picture.php

I look forward to the day where it no longer feels like I'm going 10mph through that Dunlop switchback. Kind of hate that corner, and it feels a bit worse than it did in previous GT's. ??

I love Coca Cola when you nail it right, though. :)

EDIT: Wikipedia's picture says Corner 13 is the hard uphill right-hander between Dunlop and Netz. Wikipedia can't be wrong. :/
Pic above taken from the same thread Kevin linked us to for Suzuka:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=151333

Last edited:
Some pretty woeful corner names on there if that is accurate :)

Edit: I ran a few laps

@ 165.4 miles - 396bhp

ABS: 1, Controller sensitivity: 1, TCS/ASM/AS: Off
Aero: Max/Max
Gearing: 3.451, 2.367, 1.775, 1.351, 1.094, 0.928 - Final: 4.435 (177 top, 174 bottom)
LSD: 12/42/12 (DS3 specific - not suitable for wheel)
Suspension: -10/-10 | 17.0/17.0 | 7/7 | 5/5 | 4/4 | 2.2/1.5 | -0.10/0.15
BB 5/7

Bad overshoot by a few metres at Dunlop curve, cost a lot of time. Still quickest lap so far.

Last edited:
T1: 21.348
T2: 32.744
My first efforts.
Haven't spent alot of tome at Fuji.
Should be interesting!
Cheers All !!!

T1: 21.505
T2: 32.689

Better 13 and Netz but screwed Hairpin! :grumpy:

Nice to have you back, Dan! Glad you triumphed over the cat, as it should be. 👍

Where's Corner 13? Not sure which of the slight bends would actually be counted as corners...

Here you go! Hope this helps!

fujifd.jpg

EDIT: I forgot to mention that the numeric references are F1 values as this map popped up on a Googled map forum site, which I didn't bother to get since I'm not into F1 racing.

Last edited:
Nice T2 Matt 👍

Dan, thanks for the map (courtesy of Autosport?) - Tilke needs to be taken around the back of the bike sheds and given a good going over doesn't he? I loathe this tendency for clumsy slow sections for the benefit of advertisers - there's even one at Silverstone now :rolleyes: - just spoils the flow of the track IMO 👎

Carlos Fandango
Nice T2 Matt 👍

Dan, thanks for the map (courtesy of Autosport?) - Tilke needs to be taken around the back of the bike sheds and given a good going over doesn't he? I loathe this tendency for clumsy slow sections for the benefit of advertisers - there's even one at Silverstone now :rolleyes: - just spoils the flow of the track IMO 👎

Amen...

Tilke = No fun :tdowm:

First splits, 200km done (really strange as only had less than an hour session :crazy:)

T1: 20.984
T2: 31.652

First splits for me, after a session that was mostly to tune and get the car broken in.

Still tweaking the tune and gears will likely have to change for full engine break in, so will post it up in the next couple days.

EDIT : Hmm, I thought I was really underpowered, so I went and changed the oil. Got much faster right away, and grabbed these on my second lap.

Tune seems to be working on the main straight with 393 hp, so here is is -

Aero - Max on Both Ends

Gears

Final - 4076

Top speed in top box shows as 175 MPH

LSD - Default

Ride -5/-10
Springs 13.8/16.5
Dampers 8's all around
ARB 5/6

Camber 2.5/0.8
Toe 0/-0.10

Brakes 4/6

Have not had much time to work on the suspension, but the gears are really solid for the track, and let you keep it in the power for the key gears in the key turns, while limiting shifting when possible.

Last edited:
First splits after actually managing 3 laps in a WRS!!

Not using ABS is really hurting me in the braking zone for turn 1 but I don't want to brake the habit of not using ABS, ran wide in some of the latter corners of sector 3 so definately more time to be found, also need to sort the tune out, may try some of your suggestions in my spare half hour dedicated to WRS tonight.

My car is finally up to full power, not managed to string together a good lap yet though but it certainly feels a few tenths quicker, I'm holding an extra 1mph at the end of the straight, woop!

So, who is taking turn 1 in 3rd gear? It seems to me that using 2nd to engine brake into the turn and flicking straight up to 3rd before accelerating works best. Obviously using custom gearing though otherwise the revs would be too low.

My car is finally up to full power, not managed to string together a good lap yet though but it certainly feels a few tenths quicker, I'm holding an extra 1mph at the end of the straight, woop!

So, who is taking turn 1 in 3rd gear? It seems to me that using 2nd to engine brake into the turn and flicking straight up to 3rd before accelerating works best. Obviously using custom gearing though otherwise the revs would be too low.

I have my gears set to use 2nd for turn 1 and the chicane, 4th for Coca Cola and 100R, and 3rd for all the other turns. Some of the stuff in the dreaded "Tilke Section" can require a blip down to second to get the car turned. But that's not consistent, and I think is a result of going in too hot at times.

Very important to keep this car in the power, I think the right gearbox that suits your driving style will be a key to setting a top time this week.

T1: 21.445
T2: 32.354

Still a long way off my goal time. 100R and Dunlop are killing me right now. Need to let the dummies, er, bobs run this one around some more as well. :crazy:

New Splits.

T1: 20.746
T2: 31.119

Had a few .690's in T1 but none were my fastest lap. :(

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back