GTP_WRS (GT5) Week 22 : AsaparaWhat?

• Thread starter EDK
  • 344 comments
New splits as well.
Still not broke in fully.
Still learning this track...oh how I hate it.:grumpy:
T3 is driving me up a wall. I can't figure it out for the life of me with those off-camber turns.

T1: 21.027
T2: 31.368

Last edited:
Nice improvement, teecro! Don't forget WRS Rule #1: Have fun!

You may hate it, but you just cracked into the top 10, in an already-competitive-in-D3 week! 👍

Nice improvement, teecro! Don't forget WRS Rule #1: Have fun!

You may hate it, but you just cracked into the top 10, in an already-competitive-in-D3 week! 👍

Don't get me wrong, I am definitely having fun.
I love the competition we've been having in D3. I wish I would've joined sooner.
I do hate the track, but the car is what I'm really enjoying and having fun with.
I have never driven the Asparadrink before, and I loooove it.

I don't hate this track, but I can say it's one of my least favorite, that last corner is so tricky for me, if you don't get that right you'll lose lots of time.
The car is sweet to drive though.

It is quite a car. I tried Kevin's tune last night for 30min with the DS3, surpassing 200mi, seeing the power drop to 380hp, and now after an oil change, am up to 399hp, ready for some jumps up the leaderboard. /fingerscrossed

Will be trying Carlos' tune too, unless I see him abandon it and move to Kevin's. :P

I want some of that stuff that Philip is smoking for the past weeks :dopey:

Is that the reason you´ve spent so much time in your garden? :sly:

Downforce 35/43
Trans
1 - 4.251
2 - 2.917
3 - 2.185
4 - 1.7
5 - 1.348
6 - 1.144
Final 3.6
Max speed 280
LSD 5/15/5
Suspension...
-4/-10
14.5/13.5 15
8/8
7/8
6/5
2.3/1.0
-0.05/0
BB 3/10 8

For those that have been using my set-up, here's v1.1 with the changes highlighted. More positive front end and reduce the rotation from the brakes to compensate. Faster through Coca-Cola and more positive through the last section of the track. 2nd or 3rd can be used for turn 1 - 3rd has been a shade faster, but 2nd is more consistent. :cheers:

Last edited:
lynx-can im not sure if i can catch you, but i will try my hardest :sly:

First go using Carlos' v1.1 tune.👍

EDIT: T1 is 16th out of 27, T2 is 27th! I think I know which sector to concentrate on. I suspect T3 is closer to T2 than T1.

Last edited:
I may be in the minority, because I LOVE Fuji:D Probably due to tons of GT5P time.
I also love the JGTC series cars.
Have a feeling I'll be putting a lot of time into this one....

First splits, only transmission tuned, bhp is still off by 10 or so.

T1: 21.403
T2: 31.977

Prety sure i will lose the plot with 100R and Coca Cola before the week is out!
I can get 1 right then the other turns to the proverbial!
Hence the reason I havent updated my splits since the first post . . . . 'cause they are BAD!!

First go using Carlos' v1.1 tune.👍

:) Only got 20 minutes in last night so I suspect that there may be a V1.2 in the near future... Between playing around with the suspension, missing my braking point for turn 1 and running wide a few times I didn't get a whole lap together, but when I was on it a couple of times I was two car lengths ahead in the middle of 100R, so I know I'm going in the right direction.

Contrary to everyone else it seems, I'm also quite comfortable with the Tilke-sector at the end of the lap...which probably means I'm way off the pace there :lol:

OK, just warming the car up this week. Have 396HP ATM, so will need a little more practise laps :)

T1: 20.908
T2: 31.621

First splits after a long long break from the WRS.

T1: 21.226
T2: 31.195

Using Carlos's v 1.1 tune.👍
It's nice to be back.

Cheers Shaun.

First session splits:

Just breaking in the engine 210,1km done with stock setup.

MadMax

120 more miles tonight, 90% of which were using auto-trans (due to needing to keep the sound down), and that was pretty frustrating; wasn't making any forward progress.

The 10% using manual and still using Kevin's tune got me tenth after tenth, and I stopped with these:

Would rather use manual, so I'm glad I'm doing better in that mode. 👍

Great combo, Kev, thanks! :cheers:

EDIT: Oh yeah, I also bumped ABS from 1 to 3, in hopes of getting better turn-in on some of the tight turns after long straights...

Last edited:
120 more miles tonight, 90% of which were using auto-trans (due to needing to keep the sound down), and that was pretty frustrating; wasn't making any forward progress.

That's my 99%. *sigh*.

Last edited:
Gravitron
120 more miles tonight, 90% of which were using auto-trans (due to needing to keep the sound down), and that was pretty frustrating; ...

Get a good pair of headphones. I got a pair for night when the kids are asleep, but they sound so much better then the crappy speakers on my tv I use them whenever I need to do "serious" driving. Good speakers probably even better except I don't live alone. LOL.

The worst is actually when you are in a race with loud cars. I couldn't use manual until I got the headphones because I couldn't make out the sound of my own gear box. Truth is even with headphones sometimes it's hard in traffic with certain cars.

With all the great reviews for this combo I may toy around with it tomorrow night, but doubt I'll have time for an official submission.

fujifd.jpg

Quick question: are the small green strips on the outside of the rumble strips considered run-offs?

Coming out of turn 12 as shown above, I am over the rumble strip with two on the grass and two on the green strip. Just looking for a clear answer to make sure I have a clean lap.:nervous:

Quick question: are the small green strips on the outside of the rumble strips considered run-offs?

Coming out of turn 12 as shown above, I am over the rumble strip with two on the grass and two on the green strip. Just looking for a clear answer to make sure I have a clean lap.:nervous:

From the first post:

Race Specifics:

The event MUST be run using your GTP_Tag Account
The use of the clutch that is found on the G25, G27, and other high end racing wheels is strictly prohibited.
Tarmac and Red and White Rumbles are Track
Nothing Else is Track.

Green or Tarmac Run off Areas are NOT Part of the Track

Thanks, I went straight down to the OLR rules and didn't notice the specifics. Guess I have to go and push my ghost to the limit. Deleted a time almost exactly the same for this one, so now i'm a bit shattered.

Get a good pair of headphones. I got a pair for night when the kids are asleep, but they sound so much better then the crappy speakers on my tv I use them whenever I need to do "serious" driving.

I just wish Sony, in their infinite wisdom and mercy, would allow me to put the main audio through the bluetooth headphones I've already got. The setup I have to use to get bad sound through them is daft and annoying.

If I could afford decent headphones, I could probably get a DFGT (even if I had nowhere to put it) - what a choice.

First 5 laps or so (after grinding and tuning for some break-in):

T1: 21.434
T2: 31.968

Using milross' suspension/EDK gears/ zeroed toe + 15/55/20 LSD so far (DS3 sensitivity 7).

I actually like all the premium JGTC 300s - they've all got personality. This is my favourite, though I might be biased. I really want an FB turbo in the game ;-)

Last edited:
T1: 21.399
T2: 32.277

Another short session this morning.......but from the replay I see more time to be dropped....doing it might be my problem forthcoming. :nervous:

Get a good pair of headphones. I got a pair for night when the kids are asleep, but they sound so much better then the crappy speakers on my tv I use them whenever I need to do "serious" driving. Good speakers probably even better except I don't live alone. LOL.

The worst is actually when you are in a race with loud cars. I couldn't use manual until I got the headphones because I couldn't make out the sound of my own gear box. Truth is even with headphones sometimes it's hard in traffic with certain cars.

With all the great reviews for this combo I may toy around with it tomorrow night, but doubt I'll have time for an official submission.

turtlebeach.jpg

If you can allocate the $$$, these are great. Bought plenty of other sets in the past, but none come close to Turtle Beach. Only thing is no wireless for the PS3, but the quality far makes up for it. :)

If you can allocate the $$$, these are great. Bought plenty of other sets in the past, but none come close to Turtle Beach. Only thing is no wireless for the PS3, but the quality far makes up for it. :)

I recently boughed the PX21 they are pretty nice, its confusing because this foto show the PX21 and the price of the DPX21 I asume :D. While the PX21 is half the price :).

Havent took the time to come up with any splits yet :(, might give it a shot later.

Welcome back Brandon :cheers:

Latest Posts

Back