GT4 European Cup Season 2 | Season End

• Thread starter Adam41
  • 521 comments
Great racing today guys!

I just want to point something out to a few of you. Patience is a virtue when it comes to online racing. I live by it and really enjoy racing with people that live by that rule too. As you can see by the finish of the race, I almost stole that win from the two people that were battling the most for it, simply because I chose to sit back and stay out of the fight until I needed to be there. I wasn't in 3rd for most of the race because I couldn't keep up, I chose to stay there. If it wasn't for a bump in the last corner, I would have won that race even though my plan was quite different. ;)

So can we all agree to have a little more patience? Passing each other back and forth multiple times during the race might be fun, but it doesn't help with tire wear and certainly could end up getting someone in trouble, like taking them out of the race. 👍

Agreed that you should have some patience, but not as much as you are talking about. If we sit back and go round following each other, making a pass every 5 laps to be quite honest I would rather just have a 2 lap sprint race. I know that, if I would have sat back it would have been me and you following NEPALII (who was going for it like me) and the race would have only been decided on the final few laps. Well I don't want to wait until the last few laps, I want to push to try and pull away (which is quite hard under the GT5 slipstream) but most importantly try and make one of you to make a mistake.

For example, NEPALII was driving a quite defensive line into the fast 95 mph right hander. I moved my car out of his slipstream to his left, and he got spooked by it, braked too late and hit the barrier quite hard. If I had left a larger gap, I could have pulled away so much he would have been out of my slipstream. It's alright if one of us sits back but if say, all 3 of us did that during that race well frankly I would get bored.

I had tapped you and NEPALII quite a few times into the second corner when I was on the inside, and that was unintentional. I always tried to brake to make the middle of the corner and if you was on the outside well sorry you might get a tap. :P

Thanks to everyone who turned up today. I'm just watching the replay now. If you want to report an incident, please PM me.

GT5 Servers are down on Tuesday, so do people want practice on Wednesday or Thursday (Thursday is a maybe for me)?

EDIT: One last thing. At Monza: Rain fixed or not fixed?

Last edited:
Typical Rome result. Had something going and could have finished 4th but got 7th. Went sideways under braking at T1 and then on the last lap, I caught up to W-g-e and Pag much faster than expected and I almost took W-g-e out. I tried to swerve to give him room to correct and I ended up bumping the wall.

Not really mad about that, though. I was more upset at how inconsistent the Z4 was.
GT5 Servers are down on Tuesday, so do people want practice on Wednesday or Thursday (Thursday is a maybe for me)?
Wednesday, then.
EDIT: One last thing. At Monza: Rain fixed or not fixed?
Fixed. Having to prep two setups is too much for me. Going to need every bit of practice to not finish last considering I have very little experience in the rain.

Hey guys,

Looked like some fun and close racing out there today. I watched a lot of the race on Wardez's Stream who had a very interesting race that was fun to watch for all 34 laps. Great Job on that Wardez!

I'd be interetsed in joining you all for the next round, so just wondering if that would be ok?

Great event Aderrrm and well planned out. :)

Hey guys,

Looked like some fun and close racing out there today. I watched a lot of the race on Wardez's Stream who had a very interesting race that was fun to watch for all 34 laps. Great Job on that Wardez!

I'd be interetsed in joining you all for the next round, so just wondering if that would be ok?

Great event Aderrrm and well planned out. :)

Cheers. 👍

You're more than welcome to. Sign ups are still open so read through the OP and you should be set. Once you post your info, I'll need to have a short race with you between now and next Saturday to prove you race cleanly and have decent pace. Nothing too serious. :)👍

The problem on the race was that our driving styles were different and we had 2 very different cars. We kept tapping each other, some taps little, some bigger. In the end it was mostly about luck as most of close GT5 races are due to the exaggerated slipstream the game has. I am sorry for the taps throughout the race, specially on the last lap, but like Aderrrm said they arent easy to avoid. Its a very close race, situations like this will happen. If you feel that any action needs to be taken Aderrm, feel free to do so, but I just want to let you know that I'm here to have fun and race clean and competitively.
I would like Monza on the rain! Its so much fun. Wardez is really fast on the rain!:scared:

For example, NEPALII was driving a quite defensive line into the fast 95 mph right hander. I moved my car out of his slipstream to his left, and he got spooked by it, braked too late and hit the barrier quite hard. If I had left a larger gap, I could have pulled away so much he would have been out of my slipstream. It's alright if one of us sits back but if say, all 3 of us did that during that race well frankly I would get bored.

See, I don't agree with doing stuff like that to people especially if you're less than half way through the race. Another problem with online racing is people take it too seriously and drive at 110% the whole time. You end up with a banged up race car, worn out tires, and could potentially take yourself out of the race. I don't know, people can do what they want I guess. I'm just going to continue doing what I do which proved itself out there today. I honestly can't remember a time I made contact with anyone that was of my doing. Despite what the winner says, contact is easily avoidable. ;)

Let's try to have some fun at Monza in the rain and I strongly urge people to exercise some patience, it'll get you far. 👍

See, I don't agree with doing stuff like that to people especially if you're less than half way through the race. Another problem with online racing is people take it too seriously and drive at 110% the whole time. You end up with a banged up race car, worn out tires, and could potentially take yourself out of the race. I don't know, people can do what they want I guess. I'm just going to continue doing what I do which proved itself out there today. I honestly can't remember a time I made contact with anyone that was of my doing. Despite what the winner says, contact is easily avoidable. ;)

Let's try to have some fun at Monza in the rain and I strongly urge people to exercise some patience, it'll get you far. 👍
I totally agree with you. But then the drivers around me race clean as well so I can't complain.

I can't say I had a good race, but I definitely didn't have a bad one (!).

Started 9th, ran most of the race in 9th, finished 9th. No complaints here. Almost caught up to Kamy at the end, but my tires just gave out.

Monza rain would be rather cool. Quali in the rain as well right? This is where having extra weight in the form of ballast should make the car easier to handle in the wet but I don't know if GT5 takes that into account. If it does... Then poor Lotus's.

Monza rain would be rather cool. Quali in the rain as well right? This is where having extra weight in the form of ballast should make the car easier to handle in the wet but I don't know if GT5 takes that into account. If it does... Then poor Lotus's.

We should do a Monza rain race with the Elise 111r RM after we are done with the Nurb 24hr. :scared: You know, to celebrate the end of a great series. It will be insane, but fun.

See, I don't agree with doing stuff like that to people especially if you're less than half way through the race.

It happens all the time in real life racing. It tests whether the car in front can handle the car in it's mirrors being in a different position. And of course I would never do something like that if I thought I would hinder or cause any damage to myself. But yeah I do think I need a little patience. :D It's no excuse, but I had my first online race only 9 or so months a go.

Yes quali wil be in the rain. I'm going to do some laps and guess how many laps it would take for the majority of the field to finish in around 40 minutes. And yeah I don't think ballast affects cars in GT5 as much as it does in real life. Might just be me though.

I can do Thursday for practice this week.

Enjoyed the race yesterday. If only I could put in a good quali time and stay up there with the middle/front of the pack.

Had a decent battle with Mule managed to pass him at one point but outbraked myself!

Cheers all.

:D It's no excuse, but I had my first online race only 9 or so months a go.

Wow I never even thought about this. My first online race was last September in iRacing. So I've only been racing online for about a year.

Edit:
Wow I really got carried away writing about my past with online racing so I decided against posting it all here and posted it in the 'Introduce yourself' section since I never got around to actually doing that...

So here it is! thanks for the inspiration Ady:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=5800981#post5800981

Had a great race yesturday....

Didnt have much practice at all so was really happy with a 4th place, plus it was some fantastic racing by wge, wardez and outlaw.
Few bumps but its racing and its bound to happen.

Thanks adam for setting up another good series

Final Race Results: ROME

NEPALII --.---
R1600Turbo +00.188
GTP_Aderrrm +01.250
Paginas +23.723
Wardez +23.915
GTP_w-g-e +24.334
outlaw4rc +28.105
KamyKaze1098 +43.600
MULE_9242 + 57.317
Jay_1086 + 58.173
GTP_Theoretician +1:58.159

DRIVER STANDINGS

DRIVER BALLAST
FASTEST LAPS

It was great to have 11 starters and 11 finishers. Thanks all for coming. 👍👍

If I don't go out on Thursday, there will be a Monza (rain) practice session at 7pm BST on Thursday.

Had a pretty bad race weekend. :(
Never had the pace, was behind WGE on the start ;). Managed to gain 1 spot but then hit the wall and lost a couple. Gained 1 spot again and was in my starting place again a little behind the group that was fighting for 4th. To try and gain some positions tried to pit in the first lap of the pit window. I thing I turned a little late into the pit lane and my car didn't slowed down and entered the pit full speed, got reseted and proceded to its pit and sat still for an eternety after tire change.
Instead of gaining on others lost a spot.
Managed to gain that back and cruised until the end.
Better luck next time I hope.

Well done Pag. Great race considering the huge practice you had. 👍

Cheers. 👍

You're more than welcome to. Sign ups are still open so read through the OP and you should be set. Once you post your info, I'll need to have a short race with you between now and next Saturday to prove you race cleanly and have decent pace. Nothing too serious. :)👍

Thanks buddy. I'm sure the 'test' race will be fine and I'd like to think a few of the guys currently racing in this series (R1600Turbo, Wardez, Mule and Outlaw) would vouch for my driving as I raced with them in the Spec' Miata series.

RIP_Welsh_Don/GTP_Welsh-Bain - BMW M3 - Envy/Grey

Figured I'd use one of the cars that was less well supported :)

Last edited:
Yeah it's awesome to see you back again Don. We missed you in the last few races in FMSC.

He's a really quick and has a priority on cleanliness. 👍

Thanks buddy. I'm sure the 'test' race will be fine and I'd like to think a few of the guys currently racing in this series (R1600Turbo, Wardez, Mule and Outlaw) would vouch for my driving as I raced with them in the Spec' Miata series.

RIP_Welsh_Don/GTP_Welsh-Bain - BMW M3 - Envy/Grey

Figured I'd use one of the cars that was less well supported :)

Good stuff. Nice car choice too. :D There will be practice this Thursday at 7pm BST (GMT+1) if you're free then.

Yeah it's awesome to see you back again Don. We missed you in the last few races in FMSC.

He's a really quick and has a priority on cleanliness. 👍

Thanks Wardez, good to be back in the 'Hot Seat' and looking forward to some more great racing!

I probably wont be able to make it saturday. If the weather is good (which it is looking) i will be out for the day...

Was looking forward to monza in the wet

I won't be able to make that practice session, so I'll do some testing tonight on my own.

No need to run on your own tonight as I'll be around to run a few laps. :sly:

Maybe the North American contingent can get together for a practice session tonight or tomorrow? I did manage to get the M3 run in and put some laps in at Monza in the rain on Monday night, as with this being my first Wet race, I thought I better. Running in the spray will be very.....errrmmm.......interesting! lol :nervous:

Well I'm anywhere from a second to two seconds off the pace so far. I don't really care what kind of lap times I'm running as my goal is to finish the race without spinning. I could finish dead last, and as long as I don't spin I'm happy. :lol:

Well I'm anywhere from a second to two seconds off the pace so far. I don't really care what kind of lap times I'm running as my goal is to finish the race without spinning. I could finish dead last, and as long as I don't spin I'm happy. :lol:
Nope. The dishonor of finishing last will go to me. Haven't touched the car yet but I've ran in the rain a total of...5-6 times max since I got the game. :scared:

I probably wont be able to make it saturday. If the weather is good (which it is looking) i will be out for the day...

Was looking forward to monza in the wet

Thanks for letting me know Pag.

Apart from the few races we did at Monza in the wet after Saturday's race, I haven't run any laps in GT4 cars there. As long as we all take it easy it'll be be fine... easier said than done. :D

I won't be able to make it this Saturday or next - This Saturday I'm going to be driving to a week away, probably drinking a lot.. Next Saturday I'll be away at the kart circuit. Will hopefully be back ready after that, sorry for the kinda late notice.

I won't be able to make it this Saturday or next - This Saturday I'm going to be driving to a week away, probably drinking a lot.. Next Saturday I'll be away at the kart circuit. Will hopefully be back ready after that, sorry for the kinda late notice.

Good enough reasons for me, especially the drinking. :D

See you at the Original GT Track round then. 👍

Back