GT4 European Cup Season 2 | Season End

• Thread starter Adam41
  • 521 comments
I won't be on either, got to practice + qualify for WSGTC soon as I probably won't be around later tonight, so getting it done while I have the chance.

Sorry for the late notice.

I'm going to have to move the Monza Race forward from 16:30 to 16:00 BST. That means qualifying will start at 16:30 sharpish and the race will start at around 16:45.

Please be in the room for 16:15 at the latest.

Thanks, Adam.

I'm in my lounge right now for some practice and I'm getting 2:11s. My guess is that I should just start at the rear and stay out of everyone's way. :lol:

That's what I'm running. We can run at the back together. :dopey:
...until I lose rear traction and eat some kitty. :lol:

I actually was able to run about 6-7 laps around the mid to low 11s and even got a few high 10s. I'll have to accept that for now and hope the draft doesn't mess up my braking points tomorrow.

I'm in my lounge right now for some practice and I'm getting 2:11s. My guess is that I should just start at the rear and stay out of everyone's way. :lol:

Looks like I'll be joining you as well... Got a few times into 2.10, but its mostly 2.11s

Looks like I'll be joining you as well... Got a few times into 2.10, but its mostly 2.11s
That somehow makes me feel better.

My lounge will stay open for a while so anyone is free to drop in for some practice.

That somehow makes me feel better.

My lounge will stay open for a while so anyone is free to drop in for some practice.

I've dropped you a friend request in case you're still running a few laps as I'll join you if that's ok.

It could be raining at Monza. :D Weather will not be set to fixed (rain) so lok out for them clouds. The weather is what it is after I reset the track for qualifying. Qualifying could be in the wet. ;)

By the way, how are tires going to work at Monza with changing weather? Are we still going to have a pit window, or will tire changes be allowed if the weather changes?

--Gus

Fun session tonight thanks to outlaw4rc and NEPALII. Racing is SO different to running laps alone! The race could be awesome, or it could be messy! :)

There were a number of laps in the 2'09's tonight with one oddball 2'08.8xx. But 10's will be solid pace for the race as long as you can keep it pointing in the right direction! :D

Man. I haven't done any practice, but this sure seems like it'll be fun. Even if I do terrible, it should still be a blast.

Great to have you back as well, Welsh (you should join the Integras ;)).

Sorry for the late notice, but I can't make it tonight.

Race Information - Race 2: Monza (FIXED RAIN)

img.php

Laps will be set to 18.​
  • 30 minute practice followed by 15 minute qualifying, starting at 16:30 BST (GMT+1). Read the Qualifying section of the OP for further information.
  • You should not go off track or drive "dirty". Red+white rumble strips are track, the green concrete is not. If you continuously drive on dirty parts of the track during the race and you gain time from doing so, an appropriate penalty will be given out.
  • These are the obvious dirty parts of the track. You should not run wide here. Given in chronological order of the lap (click for big):
The first picture of the car going off track applies to each part of the first 2 chicanes.

• Remember if you run wide on a hot lap during Qualifying, you must abandon the lap and make sure it does not end up being your fastest lap.

Formation lap: Maintain a pace of EXACTLY 50 mph/80 kmh. Do not weave in order to try and warm up your tyres. This will only cause damage. We will perform a rolling start in the positions the game places us on the grid!

Pits: The Pits will open on lap number 8 (as in the top left corner of your screen) and close on lap 12 (as in the top left corner of your screen). Therefore you may pit on laps 8, 9, 10 and 11 . Failing to do so will result in a 5 second penalty.

REMEMBER: IT'S RAINING SO IT'S GOING TO BE SLIPPERYYYY. TAKE IT EASY, please.

That's all. Have fun everyone and keep it clean. 👍

Room will be opened at around 16:00 today, please add my PSN to find the room easier.

Last edited:
can't wait! Gonna be a great one 👍

But can I request that you add a little countdown timer to the race post to make the chance of time confusion (with the 30 minutes and all) even less likely?

http://gt5.zqz.me/cd2/

Aderrrm, my corvette is not fully broken in. Can i raise the PL up to the spec HP limit?

Aderrrm, my corvette is not fully broken in. Can i raise the PL up to the spec HP limit?

Says in the OP you can't but that's only really to encourage people to get their cars fully broken in to save confusion. But since I know you well and you're only a reserve, I guess you can. :)

So the room opens in 30 minutes and the race starts... how long after?

Awesome m8, the PP was at 70.1%

Btw, i can't buy adjustable suspension?

Also: Which tires are we going to use since its fixed? Intermediates or Wets?

Edit: ok just painfully found out that i need to use wets :D

Last edited:
So the room opens in 30 minutes and the race starts... how long after?

45 minutes after as normal.

16:00 room opens.
16:20 weight and PP checks. (no practice race this week)
16:30 qualifying starts.
16:45 race starts lasting until around 17:30.

Awesome m8, the PP was at 70.1%

Btw, i can't buy adjustable suspension?

Also: Which tires are we going to use since its fixed? Racing Hards, Intermediates, or Wets?

For every car you can buy fully customisable suspension, transmission, chassis reinforcement, all drivetrain parts, as in the OP.

You can use Racing Wets. Obviously :P

ROOM OPEN IN 5 MINUTES. Message me on PSN if there's any trouble.

Ok, obviously i havent been paying attention to the OP :D

And yes, wets. Have yet to race in a fixed wet race so i was not aware.

Really really really really super dumb that I'm not allowed to "leave the track" to fix this cars snap oversteer. :rolleyes:

Guess I'll just have to suffer, finish last and/or possibly ragequit. :/

EDIT: Spin and damage on lap 1? Totally didn't see that coming. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back