GT4 European Cup Season 2 | Season End

• Thread starter Adam41
  • 521 comments
Yes Christian, there are a few slots left so just follow the instructions on the first page of how to sign up 👍
Okay, nice :)

PSN: fps_nilsen
Car: Nissan 370Z
Car Colour: Blue
Rim Colour: Black

Tell me if this is alright, than I shall get practicing.

Hmmm, sorry Adam but you might as well take me off the registered list of this - if I'm still on there, haha! Very little chance I'll be able to make most, if any, of these races - usually at the kart circuit or watching the football on a Saturday so it's difficult to say when I'll be free and when I won't. Sorry again!

Okay mate. No problem. 👍

Okay, nice :)

PSN: fps_nilsen
Car: Nissan 370Z
Car Colour: Blue
Rim Colour: Black

Tell me if this is alright, than I shall get practicing.

Yep that's fine. Welcome. :) You'll have to have a short race with me before the race this Saturday just to prove you can race cleanly and have decent pace. When are you free this week?

---

1 joins but another leaves. :lol:

STILL 3 SPOTS LEFT!!!

Yep that's fine. Welcome. :) You'll have to have a short race with me before the race this Saturday just to prove you can race cleanly and have decent pace. When are you free this week?
Sure, that is fine by me. How about tomorrow evening, like 20.00 (GMT+1) or something? I am free almost any evening, so it is all up to when you are available :)

I don't think so Jay. No one seems to be up for it. Next week I'll definitely be holding practice though.

My lounge sure was buggy today. :confused:

Got the Z4 down to the high 1:40s but ran a .35 when I did a mock race run. Not sure how good that is.

I thought someone ran a 39.2 in the brief practice session after the Monza race (I actually thought it was you outlaw), so when I ran a few laps there on Sunday, I was destroyed that I struggled to break 1'41 initially! In time, I eventually managed a 1'39.3xx, but I'm really not very consistent. I'm guessing it was either Aderrrm that ran the 39.2, or was there a loper in an illegal car? Be good to know what sort of lap times to aim for, especially with my poor form at Monaco! :)

I thought someone ran a 39.2 in the brief practice session after the Monza race (I actually thought it was you outlaw), so when I ran a few laps there on Sunday, I was destroyed that I struggled to break 1'41 initially! In time, I eventually managed a 1'39.3xx, but I'm really not very consistent. I'm guessing it was either Aderrrm that ran the 39.2, or was there a loper in an illegal car? Be good to know what sort of lap times to aim for, especially with my poor form at Monaco! :)
You ran in the 39s? Seriously? Where am I losing a whole second?

I may have to go nuts with the setup or something. :nervous:

Oh it wasn't me that's for sure, especially with 81kg ballast :P. I don't know who ran the 39.2 but all I know is in the few laps I ran after Saturday's race I was in the low 40's.

Wow, so I need to be down on 1.40 for the laps to be competitive? Better change my setup than.

Not necessarily. Remember there's quite a few of us, and all of the drivers may not be able to lap Monaco in 1:40. Plus we're talking about 1 hotlap here - in a race anything can happen. :)

Not necessarily. Remember there's quite a few of us, and all of the drivers may not be able to lap Monaco in 1:40. Plus we're talking about 1 hotlap here - in a race anything can happen. :)

Yea, thats true. Qualifying times does not reflect race pace, but I have a feeling I'm not gonna be in the first part of the grid slots :P
However, I improved my lap times quite a bit by just changing some things in the setup.

I do have one silly question though, on the section about mandatory tunes on the car, it reads "Chassis Reinforcement (Optional)". Is this "Rigidity Improvement" in the Tuning shop or is it "Improve Body Rigidity" in the GT Auto window?

Yea, thats true. Qualifying times does not reflect race pace, but I have a feeling I'm not gonna be in the first part of the grid slots :P
However, I improved my lap times quite a bit by just changing some things in the setup.

I do have one silly question though, on the section about mandatory tunes on the car, it reads "Chassis Reinforcement (Optional)". Is this "Rigidity Improvement" in the Tuning shop or is it "Improve Body Rigidity" in the GT Auto window?

👍

And yep it's Rigidity Improvement in the tuning shop. I'll change that.

You should only improve/restore the body rigidity once the car has done so many thousands of miles, and of course you can do that along with engine rebuilds, oil changes and car washes as many times as you like. :D

Oh it wasn't me that's for sure, especially with 81kg ballast :P. I don't know who ran the 39.2 but all I know is in the few laps I ran after Saturday's race I was in the low 40's.

Makes my 37kg look like a bag of feathers! lol

That makes me feel better as low 40's high 39's is much more realistic for Monaco. I was literally going mad when I had a few runs trying to match a 1'39.2xx, thinking that was the pace. I really need to put some laps in still to get a good consistent, damage free race pace ;)

Official Race Results - Monza

GTP_Aderrrm --.---
GTP_Welsh-Bain +07.701
Wardez +13.146
outlaw4rc +22.572
BiffyClyro93 +27.719
NEPALII +32.722 +5 seconds - Illegal use of track
Paginas +37.804 +10 seconds - Illegal use of track, causing a collision (lap 3, turn 1)
MULE_9242 +59.924
Jay_1086 +1:45.745
KamyKaze1098 +2:56.244

DRIVER STANDINGS
DRIVER BALLAST
FASTEST LAPS

No changes in position from the provisional results, thankfully. :)

Official Race Results - Monza

GTP_Aderrrm --.---
GTP_Welsh-Bain +07.701
Wardez +13.146
outlaw4rc +22.572
BiffyClyro93 +27.719
NEPALII +32.722 +5 seconds - Illegal use of track
Paginas +37.804 +10 seconds - Illegal use of track, causing a collision (lap 3, turn 1)
MULE_9242 +59.924
Jay_1086 +1:45.745
KamyKaze1098 +2:56.244

DRIVER STANDINGS
DRIVER BALLAST
FASTEST LAPS

No changes in position from the provisional results, thankfully. :)

All that battling in the final laps for 5th, and my direct competitors get penalties anyway, kind of takes away the extreme joy I felt when coming ahead of NEPALII and Paginas :sly:

All that battling in the final laps for 5th, and my direct competitors get penalties anyway, kind of takes away the extreme joy I felt when coming ahead of NEPALII and Paginas :sly:

Lol i knocked you ahead of nepalii so you shud be thanking me haha

If that is true, THANK GOD. I wont be able to make it this Saturday. Got to help move some stuff to Storage(furniture, etc...).

Race Information - Race 1: MONACO

Laps will be set to 24.​
  • 30 minute practice (containing 1 practice race) followed by 15 minute qualifying which starts at 17:00 BST (GMT+1). Read the Qualifying section of the OP for further information.
  • You should not hit any walls. If you continuously hit walls during the race and you gain time from doing so, an appropriate penalty will be given out.
  • This part of the track is considered dirty. You should not run wide here during the raceor qualifying. YOU MUST HAVE 2 WHEELS ON THE TARMAC TO THE LEFT OF THE RUMBLESTRIP FOR THIS CHICANE:
CLEAN > DIRTY > OBVIOUS DIRTY >
  • Remember if you hit a wall on a hot lap, you must abandon the lap and make sure it does not end up being your fastest lap.

Formation lap: Maintain a pace of EXACTLY 50 mph/80 kmh Do not weave in order to try and warm up your tyres. This will only cause damage. We will perform a rolling start in the positions the game places us on the grid!

Pits: The Pits will open on lap number 11 (as in the top left corner of your screen) and close on lap 15 (as in the top left corner of your screen). Therefore you may pit on laps 11, 12, 13 and 14. Failing to do so will result in a 5 second penalty.

That's all. Have fun everyone and keep it clean. 👍

Room will be opened at around 16:30 BST.

Remember,

CLEAN

DIRTY

you get me
(language warning)

MÜLE_9242
Unf. This is the first I've seen anybody say this is dirty. Wow, uh. That sure changes a lot. :nervous:

Me too.
But I love it.
OLR is too permessive with track bundaries and in this case Adam's rules are so much acurate to what we se in real life.

Great stuff Adam. Keep the good work. 👍

Back