GTR > Gran Turismo Reviews > Scion FR-S

• Thread starter uMadson?
  • 411 comments
Oh…? Ah well, I don't have one anyways :D And if I ever did that, there will be no reviews, cuz I'd be dead. Death by weird french toaster with massive turbos.:dopey:

God dammit, you putting off reviews only because you don't have the car, you could have asked from me if you wanna borrow the car off like the orange Countach LP400 :lol:

God dammit, you putting off reviews only because you don't have the car, you could have asked from me if you wanna borrow the car off like the orange Countach LP400 :lol:
To be honest, the original plan was to have the Audi and the Lancia. I just added the RS200 to fill in some gaps :lol: Anyways, part 3, the final part, will be very, very big. It has 5 cars in it for god sakes. One of which is one of Andre's favourite.

And the 4 way comparo is coming, I've just got to write it :lol:

The Eras- Part 3
90s Imperial Invasion- Nissan GTR R33 vs Toyota Supra RZ, Mitsubishi Evo V vs Subaru Impreza WRX STi Version VI, Honda S2000 vs Mazda MX5.

The 1990s was a revolutionary year for the automotive and motorsport world, to say the least. Ayrton Senna died at the Imola GP, the race to 300kph had begun on the highways of Japan and Nissan introduced a car that will change motorsport forever. A car so quick that it forced motorsport regulations to be altered in order to stop it from participating. Its nickname is Godzilla, and we know it as the Nissan GTR. Toyota, seeing the GTR success on the track, quickly fought back with their own super coupe, the latest Supra. The RZ.

A tier below, the most fierce war for rally supremacy was underway with the Mitsubishi Evolution V and the Subaru Impreza STi. And don’t think this Japanese dominance was limited to high end elite cars. For those who just want the roof down, open top thrill, there was the Mazda MX5 and the Honda S2000. 5 of Japan’s many great cars gathered at Gran Turismo’s favourite track. Tsukuba.

Goliath vs Goliath - R33 vs Supra RZ

Let’s start with the R33. Often shoved into the shadows by its bigger brother, the R34, it’s a car that hasn’t really received much love or attention. Which is odd, as even the old 2000GTRs have a small fan base, so why does little to no one care about this? Perhaps it’s the fact that it’s the most whale-ish of the old 90s GTRs, and the heaviest. But after a quick drive, I can safely say that it’s all rubbish. This is still a Godzilla at heart.

The steering is quick for such a big car, and the handling amazing for something which has the same properties as a boat. It may feel heavy and cumbersome in the corners, but it’s actually feels very balanced. Sure, it’s not as exuberant as its more popular cousins, but it’s really not bad. It’ll smoke the tyres as easily as it can grip to the tarmac. And though with only 330hp it isn’t to be chasing any supercars any time soon, it’ll get that 1540kg weight moving quickly enough to outrun most sports cars.

But do you really need to fork out 57,000 cr. for a family car that’ll run rings around sports cars? I know for a fact that for nearly half the price, you can get a more subtle family cars which’ll do the job of the R33 just as well.

The Supra RZ. Perhaps the most iconic road going car Toyota has ever made. It has more power, it’s lighter and it’s FR. Which is the proper sports car layout. On paper then, it seems the Toyota has the R33 beaten. But don’t be so sure. I mean, the GTR was famous for its 4WD system, so maybe that’ll save it. I doubt it though, because the RZ just feels so much faster.

The whole car is more alive, more active, more of a proper drivers car. The steering reacts even quicker, the throttle response is sharper, it requires more skill. If you trail brake, it actually turn in on the brakes alone. It’s a very deceptive car, it looks like it’ll handle like a whale, but it’s actually just a bigger, more powerful MR2 in actuality. I’ve driven many, many RZ Supras in the past, but all were modified to their extremities. They had 725 horse power and understeered like the Titanic. They were hateful. I despised them. This though, in its standard, unmolested form, makes up for that. There’s no turbo disrupting its balance, no sudden surge of torque. This is the Supra at its best. No 700+hp, no ricy wings, no TVR paint. Just the handling and grace of a true sports car.

And now, let’s meet the stars of the most famous automotive battles in history. The Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution V GSR *breathe* and the Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX STi something or other Version VI *and breathe again*. Both are 4WD. Both are turbocharged. Both have nearly 300 horse power and both were born in the rough and tumble world of rallying. They’ve been at each other’s throats since day one, and here, we have both breeds at their peak of evolution. And I now have a problem. You see, keep this to yourselves, but bar the CT230R, I’m not really a fan of any modern Evos. They feel too remote, too distant. So it’s no use me driving the Evo yet, or else the review will turn into a rant post. So it’s going to be the Subaru.

God it’s good. It drives a bit like those 80’s rally road cars from part 2, the steering has some feel to it, you know where it’ll be going, and you can feel the rally blood pumping through the car. It’s so…different to drive. 9/10 with cars like these, the road car and the race version are utterly different to drive. They may look pretty similar, but there’s next to no relationship between the two underneath. This feels different though. It feels every bit like the rally car that dominated the rally stages of the late 90s.

Goes like the rally car too. With just shy of 300hp and weighing in at a lean 1270kg, this thing goes. I mean, really goes. It’s faster than the Supra and nearly a full second ahead of the Godzilla. This is one hell of a car. It’s one imposing thing to look at as well. Yes, the slats and wings are a tad garish, but just think of it as battle scars. Adds all the more character to the thing.

So, to the Evo. And oh dear. It may pack more tech than the Impreza, and have more power than the Impreza, but it’s slower than the Impreza. And less fun. And less responsive. It’s not just me, I swear. The car just has so much faults! The AYC is, as usual, utterly thick and stupid, is more harm than good and doesn’t do anything till it’s verging on being too late. Then, there’s the rest of the handling. Yes, it grips a lot. But that’s about it with this. It feels heavy and ponderous, the fact that it feels remote means you don’t have the confidence to gun it, even when you’ve exited most of the corner. It doesn’t give you enough confidence to go for it until the car is pointing straight. It understeers if you mess up your corner entry and refuses to tuck into the corner and doesn’t feel rapid going down the straights.

That's understeer…

And just look at it. Till now, I didn’t know cars could be styled to look like bulldogs. With that snow plough up front, those cuts and grooves in the bumper, it’s as visually appealing as a rotting corpse. And look at those stupid spot lights. It really is a bloody vulgar car.

Anyways, you get my point. Despite what most reviewer’s say, my personal opinion is this. If you want 4WD japanese turbo road car that isn’t a GTR, of the two here, pick the Impreza. It looks better, sounds better, handles better, faster with less power, and is much, much more fun.

…And that's the result of of said understeer…

Impreza - 1 Evo - 0

But if you are an Evo fan and you'd like to make a complaint about that score, please feel free to keep that thought to yourself. Anyways……moving on………

……To something more reasonably priced. Enough of these road racing mentalists. I just want to have some cheap wind-in-your-hair fun. And when we talk about open top fun, we of course, have to talk about the Mazda MX-5.
Love or hate it, it’s a car Gran Turismo adores. It even has it’s very own events. And you only need to drive it to see why it’s such a popular car, both in real life and in GT. The MX-5 has always been renown for its back to basic handling. Front engine, rear drive, light weight, nothing else in your way. There isn’t that much actual power, but that’s the point. Power dilutes handling, so it’s been given as little as possible while being fast enough for you to enjoy the handling at the limit. Yes, that the rather pitiful 130 horses means that by the time you get anywhere, 2012 has come and gone. But you’d never feel the time pass, it’s so much fun on a track like this. This is the MX-5 back at home. On a track that’s as small as the car itself. And just as commonly seen. Honestly, there hasn’t been a GT5 day gone by that I’ve not seen a MX5 of sorts in my UCD.

So, if you want a reasonably priced, relatively fun little roadster/swiss army-knife which won’t be as rare as chicken teeth, this is your obvious choice. Or is it?

You see, Honda have been producing small, cheap roadsters since the late 60s with cars like the S500. And at the end of the 20th century, they’ve given it a hell of an update. It’s called the S2000. It’s Honda’s take on a go-kart for the road. It has a V-TEC engine, weighs just 1.2 tons and revs into the moon! 9000RPM!! There’s not that much actual power, only 250hp, but it makes up by feeling so eager and urgent. There’s a similar feeling in the steering too. There’s the MX-5 feel, but with even better handling. And even more slideways. 253hp on comfort softs, you’d expect that much. But it’s just so damn good at drifting and hooning! Anyone who steps into the driver seat of one of these, goes for a quick lap and comes back with a straight face is either boring or just possesses no soul. End of story. This is the true spirit of the S2000. Not the 600+ horsepower goliath that is the Amuse GT1 Turbo. The beauty of this ‘99s S2000 is that it will deliver 8/10 of the thrills that its 600hp brother can, bar the overdosage of power and downforce, but without C-ZETA hurling an axe at your face and calling you a noob.
That’s the driving done, now let’s see how they stack up.

The Rankings:
Subaru Impreza WRX STi Ver. VI - 1:05.524
Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution V GSR - 1:06.188
Toyota Supra RZ - 1:06.247
Nissan GTR R33 - 1:06.507
Honda S2000 - 1:10.112
Mazda MX-5 - 1.15.544

The Verdict- Which is the best of the lot?

It’s obvious, isn’t it? It’s the Impreza. It may not rev into space with some fancy V-TEC system or have the ability to handle 3 times the stock power output day to day, but it’s just so much better a compromise compared to the others. The Supra comes a close second, it’s only downfall being that even a minor boost in power brings with it a few more yards of understeer.

The S2000 was a lovely drive, but it certainly wasn’t the best 90s Japan had on offer, and the rear is just not planted enough for when you want to just race. The MX-5 is out for roughly the same reasons too, good fun, just needs more guts to go with the G.

As for the GTR and Evo? Well, they both have fairly similar issues. The R33 can take you a very long way into the game with its astounding ability to be modified beyond 600hp. But it’s just a tad too big to be nimble enough against the Scooby on a track like this. The Evo? Well, as said, it’s just wretched to to drive. Or it perhaps just doesn’t fit me. I like a car which lets me do the driving, so maybe that’s why I’m hardly impressed by the Evo.

So there you have it. The best Japanese car of the 90s. The Subaru Impreza STi Version VI. Still has one of the most needlessly long name in the world though.

Final Rankings-
Subaru Impreza STi Ver. VI
Toyota Supra RZ
Honda S2000
Mazda MX-5
Nissan GTR R33
Mitsubishi Evolution V GSR

Remind you of something…?

Two words..... Love It!!! 👍

GO SUBIE!!!!!' :D

That's was a superb review there on the 90's best JDM cars out there, brought back some warm feelings of the days. :)

And what about the FD RX-7, 3000GT VR4, NSX Type S Zero NA1.5 and the 300ZX TT Z32 '98? They were some of the coolest machines back then and obviously there's two light and nimble cars that I mentioned that should be invited for Mr. Impreza for a little challenge/time attack, that would been the battle of the fittest! :)

And to the Evo and the STi: play nice, or no synthetic oil and cookies later!

And Onboy, keep it up! I'm watching/reading like a ninja. :P :D

Two words..... Love It!!! 👍

GO SUBIE!!!!!' :D

That's was a superb review there on the 90's best JDM cars out there, brought back some warm feelings of the days. :)

And what about the FD RX-7, 3000GT VR4, NSX Type S Zero NA1.5 and the 300ZX TT Z32 '98? They were some of the coolest machines back then and obviously there's two light and nimble cars that I mentioned that should be invited for Mr. Impreza for a little challenge/time attack, that would been the battle of the fittest! :)

And to the Evo and the STi: play nice, or no synthetic oil and cookies later!

And Onboy, keep it up! I'm watching/reading like a ninja. :P :D

Thanks! :D That took me nearly a week to type up, so I'm glad you're enjoying it.

I was going to do those (Honest, not saying it because I don't want to look like an idiot for leaving out the many greats of Japan's 90s), but I tried to make it cater for a 'wider' audience. And I just wanted one of each make, or I'd end up with 5 greats of each brand…and I'd be a pile of bones by the time I finished it. :lol:

Oh…and there's a good reason why I replaced the NSX Type R for a S2000. That'll be revealed when the finale of this is out.

And don't you agree that I work the hardest out of us lot? :lol:

Yep, I agree you do work hard on this. :) By the way, where's uMadison and the others at?
:lol: fixed it a bit. It's uMadson, no 'i'. He's a bit of a troll :D

uMadson has gone off drooling at anime girls, Zach is still in primary school so he's forgiven, Apokalipse is working on a review of his own and DC9990 is testing two stallions for a rather ambitious review we've got lined up.

Yes, I'm working on the requested Toyota Celica GT-R, but I haven't had as much time as I would have liked. Should be finished this week.

EDIT: Seems I got some free time right now.

Last edited:
Oh yeah, the R34 belongs to the new millenium. :rolleyes:

To be honest, the original plan was to have the Audi and the Lancia. I just added the RS200 to fill in some gaps :lol: Anyways, part 3, the final part, will be very, very big. It has 5 cars in it for god sakes. One of which is one of Andre's favourite.

And the 4 way comparo is coming, I've just got to write it :lol:

LIES. Ya know I'm a Scooby-doo too. And well, there's Suzuka... But will it blend?

Bad news though, I was just borrowing the PS3 from a cousin and I need to return it soonish. So if I made reviews, those are the last I'm afraid.

...unless I can safely go with a "design critique" of some sort. Ya know, only criticizing the car's looks.

Oh yeah, the R34 belongs to the new millenium. :rolleyes:

LIES. Ya know I'm a Scooby-doo too. And well, there's Suzuka... But will it blend?

Bad news though, I was just borrowing the PS3 from a cousin and I need to return it soonish. So if I made reviews, those are the last I'm afraid.

...unless I can safely go with a "design critique" of some sort. Ya know, only criticizing the car's looks.
The Premium one is! :D

What is that supposed to mean?! I thought you had your own PS3?

Toyota Celica GT-R (ST183, 4WS) '91

Power: 168BHP
Rpm: 7000rpm
Weight: 1310kg
Drivetrain: FF
Performance Points: 374PP
Tires: Comfort Soft

What can be said about the Toyota Celica? It started life in the 1970 as a cheap sports car. An alternative to the more expensive 2000GT. The styling ,at first, drew similarities with american muscle cars of the time. It looked intimidating and fast. Due to the fact that it was a cheap light, fun car that looked nice and had the driving characteristics to back it all up it spanned seven generations, before finally being cancelled in 2006. Through it's long lifespan the formula didn't stay unchanged. The drivetrain got changed from FR to FF and 4WD and it got heavier with safety regulations and advancements in technology like most cars.

I'll be talking about the fifth generation celica. The front wheel drive GT-R celica to be exact. If you're not really a celica fan let me help you. The 5th generation celica is probably the most well known of them all, having won several WRC and Rally Safari titles making it one of the best rally cars of the era.
Sadly, that was the more powerful four-wheel drive version. What I have is the less powerful front-wheel drive one.

First off is the looks department. Before I begin, I'd like to adress some terminology of mine. Namely the '90's syndrome'. What is the 90's syndrome? Well in the 90's sports cars got less exciting, the FR configuration was replaced with the FF configuration, the cars put on more weight and many nasty nasty things happened. But in my opinion, by far the worst of them all is what happened to the styling. The cars started losing the old boxy shapes for good in favor of more modern, round looks. This works fine with todays cars where even the most mundane econobox can look somewhat appealing, but back in the nineties it looked just so terrifyingly ugly. Some weren't so bad though. Some didn't look ugly. Just extremely sleep inducingly boring.
With that out of the way I can say that luckilly this car somewhat escaped the 90's syndrome. It did change the old rough styling to a more friendly round one, but I personally think this car doesn't look too bad (the same amount of mercy was not displayed for the next gen. Celica). The black grill helps break up the lines in a rather interesting and sporty way as well as giving it a very distinctive look.
The rear I feel didn't get as lucky. It's not exactly ugly, but it's not good looking either. It's stuck in that midpoint that so many cars of the era did.
After that long-winded examination of the cars looks please disregard it all. I have one very simple reason why this car looks fantastic and is one of the coolest cars ever.
It has pop up headlights. Pop up headlights are cool.

For that reason alone I decided to try this car on Special Stage Route 5, so I can show off the amazing factor of pop up headlights.

First off is a straight line. Any car can do that. This car did it and at the end of the SSR5 runway it can reach over 190km/h. I'm guessing it could reach around 220km/h. Which isn't that bad considering the car has 168bhp and weighs 1310kg. Yes, it is still a fairly light car and it shows.

Be careful around corners. With all the power at the front wheels if you lose concentration you'll crash into the barrier in a mess of car, smoke and fear. Just like most other FF cars. However don't forget this car is still a fairly light sports car. And a good sports car at that, so the understeer isn't too bad. It can even be fun. I know I had fun when I was happily driving in the tunnel at 115km/h with the tires screeching and smoke everywhere, carefully balancing the gas pedal, trying not to go off into a very hard wall. I can't help thinking I'd have much more fun oversteering though.

This kind of driving of course doesn't equal a fast lap at all and how does one race with this car? Well although I spent a lenghty amount of this review explaining that the car isn't too bad for it's lack of power it does show. In fact if you ever go below five thousand rpm it'll transform from the smoke loving tire destroying monster into something slow and boring. Like a bus. Or one of those driving stairs at the airport. Most low powered cars do the same thing, so do watch out.

As a consequence the most important part of driving this car is the racing line. You need to try and not smoke the tires or you lose rpm. I tried to choose the fastest and smoothest lines, often sacrificing speed when entering the corner in favor of exit speed. With this in mind I reached a time of 1'49.911 with a couple of mistakes.

So after driving it for a while, what's my verdict? It's not a bad handling sports car. It could probably beat many front wheel drive sports cars, but that's the just the thing. With the various versions of celica's old and new there isn't really a reason to get this one. Get something faster and something less prone to understeering. Try the GT four.

Final verdict: 6/10

Last edited:
I'm now officially PS3-less.

After grinding on my last reviews, I would start doing all the Photoshop work for this thread. And possibly once-in-a-while articles about stuff.

That's unfortunate. Even with photoshop work I did almost half of Onboy's pictures already. I hope you won't be too bored. :P
Thankfully I still have a PS3 and am working on the requested NSX RM.

I'm now officially PS3-less.

After grinding on my last reviews, I would start doing all the Photoshop work for this thread. And possibly once-in-a-while articles about stuff.
:(

……

…………

………………

Anyways………I think I'll stop work on my 'Era' thing now. I want to do something better. My top ten favourite cars. Tuned or stock, my 10 favourite cars in GT5. Ever.

Interesting review on the Celica, the stiff and slimy handling is the reason I love it so much, not to mention the fact that nobody uses it online. The looks have me sold on it though, the front is stunning while the back is bulged jelly. It's a nice daily driver.

Nice review! 👍

Jai
Interesting review on the Celica, the stiff and slimy handling is the reason I love it so much, not to mention the fact that nobody uses it online. The looks have me sold on it though, the front is stunning while the back is bulged jelly. It's a nice daily driver.

Nice review! 👍

If you want, I can recommend a setup for it. It's for a fully modified one, and should work online. Person who tuned it is a great guy, and the car should be able to scare some folks online even more. Just ditch the wing.

The Eras - The Finale
Speed of Silence- GTbyCitroen Concept

From part 1 to 3, the cars I’ve been looking at are all powered by one dream. To be able to deliver the most fun, speed, power, you name it, from the petrol they have. But entering the 21st century, this dream has hit a snag. The world’s oil is rapidly running out, or so we’re told. And this can only lead to one thing. The era of super cars will slowly diminish. Soon, the only car left that’s able to follow that sole dream is the Mazda MX-5. And as such, the ever evolving automotive world has been searching for a possible solution to prevent this brutal yet magnificent species from extinction. And this, apparently, is their answer.

The GTbyCitroen. An electric supercar. At the moment, there are only 2 in existence. One of which is the one we’re looking at today. The GTbyCitoen concept. And I’ve been invited to the Circuit de la Sarthe for a quick glimpse at what is supposed to be the future.

Well, I certainly have no complaints about it in the looks department. With its Batmobile styling, it’s the kind of car that makes you feel 5 years old. Just look at those mental slashes, the way it sits on the ground, almost like it’s coiled up, ready to pounce at you. If this was the next step for supercars, I have no problem with it, bring it on!

A supercar also has to be a bit of a rule breaker. It has to have something not so ‘average Joe’ about it. And this, with its full electric 4WD and mental aerodynamics, ticks that box with ease.

So, it looks like a supercar, and is certainly as groundbreaking as a supercar, but does it go like one? A timely question, as this is the home to the Mulsanne straight, so let’s find out. Unfortunately, at the time of testing, it was raining. And this being a concept, the brakes aren’t the sharpest things in the world. Still, these are just minor technicalities. In fact, the rain is more a blessing than a curse. You see, supercars need to have a sparkle. It could be that it’s as scary to drive as being stuck in a pit full of vipers or that it’s the ultimate expression of what the makers‘ motto is, it needs that sparkle for it to get the seal of approval as the heir to the supercar throne. And with a car like this, in the rain, I should be able to see that sparkle like the star in the clear blackened night.

Pulling away onto the start finish straight, there isn’t that much that says that this is going to be anything…different. In fact, there isn’t anything at all. No sound, nothing. Nothing that implies that this is the home to 770 hp. But don’t be fooled. It may be a EV, but the punch it packs is…beyond belief. 1808 lb ft of torque! That’s more than any F1 car, any race car even, and all of it is available at a mere 3000RPM. All these numbers though, it’s meaningless, it’s hard to put it into context. So what I’ve got lined up next to it is a 800hp Nissan R35. Don’t worry, there’s no dynamite in it aside from the engine under that bonnet. And what we’re going to do now is have a very quick race from the start of the Mulsanne straight to the first chicane. If you think it’s unfair for the R35, you’d be wrong. It has 30 more hp, that mental 4WD launch and a turbo the size of a small hurricane.Oh, and 8k worth of extra grippy tyres. It should walk it. Let’s see if it will, shall we?

3…

2…

1…

GO!​

The batteries in the Citroen messes up the start, the R35 is trying to pull away! But now, now, you’ll see the power of torque! Learn your place, ricer! I have more than twice the torque you have, there’s no way around that!! Woaah, the tyres are slipping a bit in the rain…but just look at the R35- oh wait, you can’t! He’s just a speck!! Just a pathetic riced out dot in my mirror as we pass 140…150…there’s 160!! Ahahahaha!!! 170 miles per hour, 180 miles per hour, that’s 190 miles per hour and it’s STILL shooting upwards! Goodbye, GTR!!!

In fact, the GTC (abbreviated for the sake of me not going mad) hit 210mph in the time it took the R35 get to a mere 193. That was the power of 1800 torques, that was the EV overtaking over 50 years of automotive development, that, was the speed…of silence.

So, now we’ve seen that I won’t lose its crown to a teenager in a Datsun, let’s see if it’ll live up to the other aspects of a supercar. Let’s see how it drives.

Well, as mentioned, its brakes are…crap, as you’d expect it to be in a concept car, there are mild hints of understeer as expected from 4WDs, and a lot of crap in your pants which is to be expected from the mind-numbing levels of torque it has. It’s nothing short of astonishing. It still has areas for improvements though. Not only is there understeer, but it’s also rather unwilling to slide. Every time the back steps out, you have to 4 wheel drift as any steering angle will cause the GTC to spear off the road and attack some wildlife. Another issue is that…well, let’s just say it was amazing that it caught the GTR so quickly. You see, the EV can’t do high rev standing starts. So every time you set off, it feels like you’ve stalled. But who cares? You can’t do 180mph in reverse, can you? And that’s sort of my point. It’s got the sparkle. It’s got the character, it’s got what you’d expect from a French supercar. It’s typically quirky and French, but also obeys the laws of its breed. Worthy heir to the throne? Yes. It’s passed that test with flying colours. Now, just make it live, Citroen. Just give some life to this future king of the supercar.

6198194783_6cd793ea7a.jpg

Special thanks to Dragonthing for driving the GTC in the drag race! 👍

Last edited:
Right, going to give you lot lurking around the page a choice of what reviews I should do first-
1. Ford GT
2. Bugatti Veyron
3. My top 10 favourite cars in GT5
4. My top 10 most hated cars in GT5 (includes some smashing up)

And for those of you who say that I may have missed one of the best periods in the Automotive history, the pony wars, don't worry. I've got that all sorted out. 10 muscle cars, one track, one aim. To find the best.

Right, going to give you lot lurking around the page a choice of what reviews I should do first-
1. Ford GT
2. Bugatti Veyron

And for those of you who say that I may have missed one of the best periods in the Automotive history, the pony wars, don't worry. I've got that all sorted out. 10 muscle cars, one track, one aim. To find the best.

Challenger pony is best pony. /opinion

Onboy123
1. Ford GT
2. Bugatti Veyron

Great review, now I need to by one of those soon, :D but I'm broke :grumpy: :lol:.

And I would love to see the Ford GT review and pit it against the Viper, Z06, GTR, LFA, Lambo LP-670 SV and 458 Italia on the 'Ring that would be fantasic! :D

@uMadson?: I totally agree with you there, you can't beat a good old 426-440CI Hemi OHV, Except if you are a Chevelle SS 454 LS powered engine or a Shelby Cobra 427 SC 427CI :nervous: :sly:👍.

Last edited:
:lol: fixed it a bit. It's uMadson, no 'i'. He's a bit of a troll :D

uMadson has gone off drooling at anime girls, Zach is still in primary school so he's forgiven, Apokalipse is working on a review of his own and DC9990 is testing two stallions for a rather ambitious review we've got lined up.

Err it's not entirely a excuse that you said :P. I don't have restrictions so far so I can play as hard as I want from 2pm - 8pm then 9pm-11pm. Yep. That's 8 whole hours there. Btw, I was lazy. I'll work on the Ford GT review soon.

Great review, now I need to by one of those soon, :D but I'm broke :grumpy: :lol:.

And I would love to see the Ford GT review and pit it against the Viper, Z06, GTR, LFA, Lambo LP-670 SV and 458 Italia on the 'Ring that would be fantasic! :D

@uMadson?: I totally agree with you there, you can't beat a good old 426-440CI Hemi OHV, Except if you are a Chevelle SS 454 LS powered engine or a Shelby Cobra 427 SC 427CI :nervous: :sly:👍.

We have the shootout part covered. With two (I think) of the cars you mentioned. But it won't be with my first review (yes, this is just one of those cars which I'll review more than once), my first one is sort of a back to back test with uMadson. Should be interesting as we have very different thoughts on cars :lol:

As for that big pool of numbers above, let's just say that each of America's finest will have a showing in this showdown. What was it they said in those old cowboy days? The fastest _____ of the west, right? That's what I'll be trying to find out. :D

Err it's not entirely a excuse that you said :P. I don't have restrictions so far so I can play as hard as I want from 2pm - 8pm then 9pm-11pm. Yep. That's 8 whole hours there. Btw, I was lazy. I'll work on the Ford GT review soon.
Oi you! The GT is MINE!!! :mad: Just bugger off with your Macca or something.

Honda NSX RM '91

Power: 275BHP
Rpm: 7000rpm
Weight: 1365kg
Drivetrain: MR
Performance Points: 438PP
Tires: Comfort Soft

I'm not even sure why I need to tell you anything about how the NSX was conceived. It is, without doubt one of the best sports cars ever made and anyone that has a remote interest in cars should know about this car.

However, if you have been living under an automotive rock, I'll tell you about it anyway. The NSX was in development since 1984. And this was a big project for Honda. They wanted to exceed the performance of the high ranking cars from Europe like Ferrari and do it at a lower price. And they didn't just pick up some parts from the parts bin and put in an engine. It had the worlds first full aluminium monocoque body, which made the car light for it's size. The power was down to the 3.0L V6 VTEC engine which produced 275BHP.
It was also designed with handling in mind. In fact, the car was designed with direct input of Ayrton Senna who tested the car at Suzuka. So low weight, a fair amount of power and handling developped by one of the best F1 drivers ever? No doubt about it. This was and still is a good car. And people still love it. There are enthusiasts of the car all over the world. Motoring journalists love it, racing car drivers love it and even the average Bob loves it.
It's such a shame that production ended in 2005, but you can't really blame Honda what with very limited numbers of the cars being sold.

And it looks great too! It ought to, since it was designed by Pininfarina. It has a very characteristic sports car shape. The kind of shape that makes you know as soon as you see the car that it means business. I personally love it. Not as much as some of the cars that the NSX was made to combat, but it's a good looking car. Especially the first version which has pop-up headlights. Pop-up headlights are cool.

So with all this in mind I went and tried this car out on Eiger norwand, what with it's twisty corners and elevation changes. Should be the perfect track for the car.
And I was right! The car handles beautifully. It's a very fun car to drive. It allows you to drive exactly the way you want. You can drive it neatly using the perfect line or you can go crazy. And you should if you want to grasp how great this car is. If it oversteers and you apply a bit too much gas it's okay. You can fix it, because the car allows you to fix it. That's what's so great about this car. If you tell the car to do something it will do it and do it well. Mostly due to the aforementioned reasons, but partly due to the gearing. Which is long. Which is perfectly fine if you want to just have fun.

But what if you want something faster? Something more powerful and a bit more crazy?
Well Honda gives you an answer in the form of the NSX-R which is, of course, faster. However, if you feel like even that is a bit too tame for your tastes, there is another solution provided by Polyphony Digital. The NSX RM. RM stands for race modification. And it sure looks racey. It has altered body panels, a big spoiler that most probably makes it illegal to drive on regular roads (and the spoiler isn't the only problem). And last but not least stickers. Stickers mean the car is serious business. Though with all this added to the cars appearance it's almost a little bit disappointing. It looks like a proper race car, though with 275BHP it's not as fast as the body kit may lead on.

Again I tried it on eiger norwand like before. And the change is apparent right away. The car is faster. Much faster. It makes the old NSX look like a Honda Z-act. Instead of the car slowly but surely reaching it's top speed the car now blasts off like a comet. However it's still not too much to handle. It is nice and stable at high speeds giving you enough confidence to enter corners quickly.

But what about in the actual corner? This is where it is apparent that this is still an NSX. And it still has the amazing handling accompanying the regular version. Still incredibly fun and even faster thanks to the big wing pushing the rear tires down. Sure its 275BHP don't make it the fastest car ever, but I'm willing to bet it's one of the funnest. It's exactly what I expected it to be. An NSX with a bit of extra punch.

I apologise if I seem to be dragging on with this, but there really isn't much more to tell. Try out this car for yourself and I can guarantee you'll love it.

Final verdict: 9/10

*yawn* too preoccupied/lazy to beauty this dead thread up... Naw I'm going to use the template Roj sent me instead, screw originality.

I like your photos by the way.

*yawn* too preoccupied/lazy to beauty this dead thread up... Naw I'm going to use the template Roj sent me instead, screw originality.

I like your photos by the way.

Fack you man, at least he's doing something.

I need him to tutor me :D

And I was doing a NSX!!! :( Now…I'm doing nothing, can't write at all. Shame, I had one on LMPs at Le Mans, one on the Veyron, another on the Ford GT and another on GTPlanet's favourite cult Kei…

Fack you man, at least he's doing something.

I need him to tutor me :D

And I was doing a NSX!!! :( Now…I'm doing nothing, can't write at all. Shame, I had one on LMPs at Le Mans, one on the Veyron, another on the Ford GT and another on GTPlanet's favourite cult Kei…

Yeah I thought that maybe we should tell each other what we're working on to avoid situations like this.
But then I got distracted and played GT5 instead.

Yeah I thought that maybe we should tell each other what we're working on to avoid situations like this.
But then I got distracted and played GT5 instead.

Ah well…now you're done, I guess I'll change the theme of my review…and start writing again.

GT5 + Spec II = 👍

Back