CORE GT Series | RETURNING IN GT6!

• Thread starter OmniusGT
  • 4,439 comments
Great nights racing ,
looks like everyone is getting quicker as well.
great to see so many close competitors,
btw looks like i have a really close rival in Geordie as we both scored a 1st 2nd 3rd so get the same points on the night..đź‘Ť

Hmm competition getting away from me a bit with my random appearances, ho-hum cant be helped. 1 out of 8 is not a good ratio in anyones book though!

Hope to be scoring some more points next week tho. (This can be read as my confirmation of participation!! :D)

Hopefully will be able to make both events during my time off, as long as my wife is happy to give me one night a week to early gaming. I usually only play when shes in bed as shes not a fan :(

Looking forward to trying the real weather secenario, sounds like a really good feature. Well done Omnius and Warrius for having a weird mind link thing going on there!! :lol:

See y'all trackside

TRIDENT GT Event 8

Race 1 Highlights

Spa is GO!!! - Carnage at La Source!
CircuitdeSpa-Francorchamps_21.jpg

New driver Barnezy318 off to a flyer!
CircuitdeSpa-Francorchamps_20.jpg

Hmmm, not how we do things in the CORE....(Barnezy318)
CircuitdeSpa-Francorchamps_19.jpg

WarriusZero is off...somewhere! - ade3210 has to drive into that!
CircuitdeSpa-Francorchamps_18.jpg

...there he is! ade3210 makes it through after a massive collision!
CircuitdeSpa-Francorchamps_17.jpg

More running wide! ...geordie139 & jamesybograt (it was the first lap though)
CircuitdeSpa-Francorchamps_13.jpg

PSN-OmniusALX & R063R_GL4560W
CircuitdeSpa-Francorchamps_14.jpg

3 abreast - jamesybograt, Barnezy318 & geordie139
CircuitdeSpa-Francorchamps_10.jpg

jamesybograt CONTACT! Barnezy318, steady on lads!
CircuitdeSpa-Francorchamps_9.jpg

jamesybograt is off! Barnezy318 should have waited...
CircuitdeSpa-Francorchamps_8.jpg

geordie139 is off too!
CircuitdeSpa-Francorchamps_7.jpg

Just as Norfolk_Assassin approaches, jamesybograt loses it!!!
CircuitdeSpa-Francorchamps_3.jpg

BUCHANPOWER, Barnezy318 spinning at the worst place on the track leaving jamesybograt in a bit of a situation!
CircuitdeSpa-Francorchamps_2.jpg

Last edited:
TRIDENT GT Event 8

Race 2 Highlights

Into the sun, the J-TIN 70 is away!
EifelCircuit_11.jpg

PSN-OmniusALX & WarriusZero
EifelCircuit_10.jpg

Norfolk_Assassin in the wall! ade3210 cruises by...
EifelCircuit_8.jpg

Norfolk_Assassin in the Pits
EifelCircuit_5.jpg

jamesybograt & geordie139 (Master and Apprentice? But who is who!?)
EifelCircuit_7.jpg

PSN-OmniusALX drifting down the hill, followed by WarriusZero & BUCHANPOWER
EifelCircuit_6.jpg

Barnezy318 finds himself in the wrong place at the wrong time for jamesybograt!
EifelCircuit_4.jpg

Barnezy318 is off! I could have given a penalty to Barnezy318, but driving that thing is penalty enough!
EifelCircuit_3.jpg

PSN-OmniusALX into a BIG drift, tyre smoke unsighting WarriusZero
EifelCircuit_2.jpg

...causing WarriusZero to panic himself into his own drift...
EifelCircuit_1.jpg

...which was uncontrollable!!!
EifelCircuit.jpg

TRIDENT GT Event 8

Race 3 Highlights

Race start and they're off!!! Off the track!!! Barnezy318 & BUCHANPOWER
NrburgringNordschleife_13.jpg

Following pack had the same problems! ade3210 following BUCHANPOWER'S lead!
NrburgringNordschleife_12.jpg

Its a sad day, Norfolk_Assassins last CORE event until next season, no Hollywood script endings of a clean win....in the wall he goes as WarriusZero & R063R_GL4560W take 1st & 2nd!
NrburgringNordschleife_14.jpg

Fast clean tight racing is the order of the day for PSN-OmniusALX, jamesybograt & geordie139
NrburgringNordschleife_10.jpg

As the pack closes on R063R_GL4560W, geordie139 runs out of road!
NrburgringNordschleife_7.jpg

No quarter given as PSN-OmniusALX & R063R_GL4560W close on WarriusZero.
NrburgringNordschleife_11.jpg

Highspeed close racing has it's risks, PSN-OmniusALX & R063R_GL4560W collide!
NrburgringNordschleife_5.jpg

...both off in a cloud of smoke and grass!
NrburgringNordschleife_4.jpg

Meanwhile geordie139 is grinding metal!
NrburgringNordschleife_6.jpg

Proof that BUCHANPOWER'S Wing wasn't offering any performance boost....
NrburgringNordschleife_1.jpg

...and again as WarriusZero fends off jamesybograt.
NrburgringNordschleife.jpg

jamesybograt spins allowing BUCHANPOWER to close the gap!
NrburgringNordschleife_2.jpg

Great pictures once again đź‘Ť I wish I had saved the drinking until a little later so I could end my season with some dignity but THERE YAH.
Thanks to all for the great racing, hopefully I'll see some of you on MW3 if not see you next season :cheers:

If I may, in the first race, when I span at the beginning, Ade didn't pass me safely at all. When I lost it, I tried to stop the car as quickly as possible to make things easier for whoever was following me but with the cloud of smoke neither me or Ade knew that I was right in the middle of the track and he crashed into me with some violence.

Nothing we could do, and I'm sorry I caused this accident... :)

If I may, in the first race, when I span at the beginning, Ade didn't pass me safely at all. When I lost it, I tried to stop the car as quickly as possible to make things easier for whoever was following me but with the cloud of smoke neither me or Ade knew that I was right in the middle of the track and he crashed into me with some violence.

Nothing we could do, and I'm sorry I caused this accident... :)

Thanks for the update! Replay editing can be so 'one-sided!' what with jumping backwards and forwards, up and down the pack :) photo updated đź‘Ť

You're at one end and somethings going off at the other!

Great pictures again Omnius, The incident with Warrius was unmissable as I couldnt see anything but smoke in front of me. I slowed and tried to keep left but Warrius's car was spinning and I think I clipped him which seemed to straighten him up at first but he just went into an even bigger spin and we had contact again.

Great pictures again Omnius, The incident with Warrius was unmissable as I couldnt see anything but smoke in front of me. I slowed and tried to keep left but Warrius's car was spinning and I think I clipped him which seemed to straighten him up at first but he just went into an even bigger spin and we had contact again.

All in the day of a racing driver!

I hope my highlights help capture the 'story' of our races? :)

CONFIRMED DRIVERS - 28.10.11

PSN-OmniusALX - Impreza
ade3210 - Impreza
WarriusZero - Lancer
Stanepoke - Lancer
R063R_GL4560W - Lancer
geordie139 - Lancer
jamesybograt - Impreza
rbl007 - Impreza
BUCHANPOWER - Impreza

Last edited:
Does any of the Impreza/Lancer editions qualify, or just the current models in the dealerships?

Does any of the Impreza/Lancer editions qualify, or just the current models in the dealerships?

It can be any, as long as its not a 'track/race/tuner' version, production only - standard or premium

Looks like evo's are going quickly :lol:

so i will go for the scooby dooby doooo ,you never know shaggy might turn up in the mystery machine for the nurb.:lol:

WOO HOO WHAT A CORNER!:lol:
Just had a go on Northumberland and all i can say is OMFG.:bowdown:
just can't wait for the pictures of this race ,my prediction is lots and lots of smoke!:sly:
just love the jump drift first corner.

any one else done some testing on it ?
if so some times would add to the competition.đź‘Ť

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Wasn't really pushing, but 1:10.649 up to now.... :dunce:

1.06.754 now đź‘Ť

Last edited:
WOO HOO WHAT A CORNER!:lol:
Just had a go on Northumberland and all i can say is OMFG.:bowdown:
just can't wait for the pictures of this race ,my prediction is lots and lots of smoke!:sly:
just love the jump drift first corner.

any one else done some testing on it ?
if so some times would add to the competition.đź‘Ť

Liking that first corner, hate the last one though. 1.07 so far

Put me down for a Lancer too please.

Looking forward to a good nights racing....

I will get some practice in the morning after the bairns away to nursery and see what times I can set.

Had a few laps of the new track and wow!!

Posting 1:07ish just now, but the car still needs work as its not reacting as I would like it to.

Gonna be busy when I finish work just trying to get my cars to an acceptable pace!!

Im lost on what to use for the last race though!!

Omnius, could you please confirm that the 1st race this Friday the car must have standard suspension, transmission and drivetrain parts. I know that a certain someone (I wont say his name) got caught with illegal mods in last weeks Zero cup, and I dont want to get banned like Galead did.

You won't say his name but you did? :D
In G's case, it's more the after race reaction that banned him...
Can we get into trouble for talking about him publicly on the forum?

Omnius, could you please confirm that the 1st race this Friday the car must have standard suspension, transmission and drivetrain parts. I know that a certain someone (I wont say his name) got caught with illegal mods in last weeks Zero cup, and I dont want to get banned like Galead did.

Sorry, should have made it clearer - anytime I mention specific parts, be it just exhausts or intakes etc... these are the only parts allowed on the 'stock' car.

So you are correct, just the car as it is when bought, then stick on what is allowed. đź‘Ť

Finally got my replacement G27! And it appears to be working!

Couple of things I've noticed...

The Reverse actually works off the shifter now, no hunting for a button! Although, its not as quick as a button, not yet anyway! I'm all over the place :ill:

You can stall your car now! :nervous:

Liking the ability to 'miss' out gears as per a real car đź‘Ť

Massive improvement with the pedals (materials and strength of springs)

The ability to customise all the buttons (I know the 2 outer red shifter buttons need to be the same as what you want the 2 upper red wheel buttons to be for now until the next patch - Still I've got them all set to what I'd normally use anyway!)

Almost silent operation!

Since I've only ever used the Logitech wheels on my PS2/3, and apart from the slight tweaks each one got as a new wheel was released, moving to a wheel with clutch and shifter has opened my eyes at how 'different' - I was going to say hard, but its just practice I need, I've been left foot braking for years on my driving games, so remembering to brake with my right foot now, not to mention the times I've 'braked' with my left foot only to put the clutch in :dunce:

It does indeed add that next level of realism, I just need to get used to the change - so come the ZC, I'm expecting I'll be way off the pace! :indiff:

Sorry, should have made it clearer - anytime I mention specific parts, be it just exhausts or intakes etc... these are the only parts allowed on the 'stock' car.

So you are correct, just the car as it is when bought, then stick on what is allowed. đź‘Ť

Thanks for clarifying that Omnius, just didnt want to see anyone loosing points for "mysterious extra gears" as was pointed out by Warrius in his blog.
On a different note I would like to say thanks to jamesybograt for his help tonight in practice for Wednesdays Zero Cup. Every week we all come here and to the Zero cup and race each other. I know I am nowhere near as fast as the regular winners at the moment, but when someone takes the time to share their setups and help you, it gives it a good community feel.

Back