CORE GT Series | RETURNING IN GT6!

• Thread starter OmniusGT
  • 4,439 comments
Ok cool and by the way I'm 16 but I'm a clean racer but sometimes I lose control in braking

That's coz all you cubs are so used to throwing on the anchors and locking up the back wheels so you can start the drifts in your never-ending sessions round Tsukuba....

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thought I'd explain one of the tweaks to the races regs with regards to the use of aero

You will see I now say 'Rear Wing' and it means basically that, so you can use aero as long as the rear wing used is as listed in the race rules

On other Trident news, unfortunately Norfolk_Assassin has temporarily suspended his participation in anymore Trident GT races due to the next game in the CoD franchise

I would like to thank NA for his time and participation every Friday and hope to see him back next year!!

👍

RLWLogo.png

Introducing the Real Location Weather (RLW)

When permitted by the game, but not necessarily all the time, the weather option will be used to mirror the weather in real life from the corresponding location of the track. Forecasts provided by weather.co.uk, currently these are...

Eifel - Grindelwald - Monza - Spa - Northumberland - Suzuka

Tyre Selection - If the race has been selected for Racing Tyres, the option is there for anyone to change onto Inters/Rain Tyres by pitting (or starting on wets if its raining at the beginning of the race following qualifying) If the race has been selected for Comfort or Sport Tyres - we remain on those for the duration of the race as those tyres will have a degree of wet road grip.

It will then be good to check the forecast across the week incase it changes prior to raceday.

In all cases there will be a link to check the weather forecast for the week before Friday's event.

👍

Last edited:
If the forecast is for rain, will this permit the use of intermediate or wet tyres? If so will you be changing the tyre regs as inters and wets can only be used with racing tyres.

If the forecast is for rain, will this permit the use of intermediate or wet tyres? If so will you be changing the tyre regs as inters and wets can only be used with racing tyres.

Only if the original tyre to be used was a Racing tyre (as you know thats the only time the Inters and Rain tyres are available)

Other than that, it is still possible to race in the wet with Sport and Comfort tyres, plus not all races may start with the track being wet and I guess most will prefer to keep racing rather than pitting! It's hard enough introducing compulsory pit stops as it is :sly:

Still its an idea to allow for the use of inters and rain tyres, just not sure if there is an option to 'only' allow them if it was raining at the start, incase someone decided to stick Racing: Softs on and cheat! :ouch:

Having said that, the chances are it would be more of a benefit and add a fun element to the race if you WANTED to pit to get rid of whatever tyres were on for Inters or Rain and vice versa if it started raining?

We'll see what everyone else thinks...

I don't think it is necessary to authorize using the rain tyres when the dry tyres are the Sports or Comfort ones, although I'm not completely against the idea.

And I think we've just had a brilliant idea! :D

Actually we should put a copyright on it...

Last edited:
Still its an idea to allow for the use of inters and rain tyres, just not sure if there is an option to 'only' allow them if it was raining at the start, incase someone decided to stick Racing: Softs on and cheat! :ouch:

Having said that, the chances are it would be more of a benefit and add a fun element to the race if you WANTED to pit to get rid of whatever tyres were on for Inters or Rain and vice versa if it started raining?

We'll see what everyone else thinks...

In some races you could select the tyre regs as racing hard to avoid racers picking RS tyres, and then if it started raining hard early in the race, there would be no choice to pit to gain the advantage, and then if it stopped raining you would only be able to pit for hard tyres again.

Just had a few laps around the new track, Simonside 440. It is the best track you have made so far. looking forward to Fridays event.

I think thats how to play it - If on Racing Tyres and it rains - The option to use the Inter or Rains will be allowed.

If we are on any other type of tyre - we remain on that tyre (plus I think the Comforts and Sport have a degree of grip even in the wet, just like a normal everyday tyre?)

:)

count me in .
hopefully my new internet provider can keep me online a little better from now on .

geordie got of lightly last week,this week he will have to earn his corn the hard way..

love the new set up ,the weather warnings are great .
70s Japanese cars are cool but there are only 7 or 8 in that groupe so i think there will be alot of the same cars at this one ..

one question is it any LM car or just the prototypes .

Unfortunately I will have to miss this weeks forthcoming race as Ive got to stay on at work for another week...:-(

Thats me done a week in France; travelled from there to Luxembourg, after a 12hr nightshift, to fly to Heathrow and then onto Edinburgh. I arrived home at 5pm on Wednesday after being up for 24hrs. Then I had to try and stay awake so I wasnt tired for my nightshift on the thursday night...

Now Im working for 13 nightshift on the trot before I get my two weeks off.

Some sob story huh??

On the plus side what I earn will pretty much cover the cost of the new bathroom Im going to get put in in a couple of months!! Which is nice.

Damn Im tired though...

I WILL be back on the 28th though as my back to back starts on the 26th. Unless Im asleep for a week!

jamesybograt
count me in .
hopefully my new internet provider can keep me online a little better from now on .

geordie got of lightly last week,this week he will have to earn his corn the hard way..

love the new set up ,the weather warnings are great .
70s Japanese cars are cool but there are only 7 or 8 in that groupe so i think there will be alot of the same cars at this one ..

one question is it any LM car or just the prototypes .

When you say LM, you mean Le Mans, not the LM Fantasy GT cars??? That is the only reason I put LMP, any car within the Le Mans Endurance classification, it doesn't have to be just a prototype though.

Lets hope you get connected otherwise geordie will run away with ;)

Last edited:
stanepoke
Unfortunately I will have to miss this weeks forthcoming race as Ive got to stay on at work for another week...:-(

Thats me done a week in France; travelled from there to Luxembourg, after a 12hr nightshift, to fly to Heathrow and then onto Edinburgh. I arrived home at 5pm on Wednesday after being up for 24hrs. Then I had to try and stay awake so I wasnt tired for my nightshift on the thursday night...

Now Im working for 13 nightshift on the trot before I get my two weeks off.

Some sob story huh??

On the plus side what I earn will pretty much cover the cost of the new bathroom Im going to get put in in a couple of months!! Which is nice.

Damn Im tired though...

I WILL be back on the 28th though as my back to back starts on the 26th. Unless Im asleep for a week!

A regular globe trotter! I know where you're coming from though as my wife's cousin works away on the rigs.

I wouldn't blame you if you did sleep for a week after that!

We'll still be here when you get back behind the 'virtual' wheel!

Good fun practicing on Spa tonight, I kind of got distracted from practicing for the Zero Cup tomorrow. I wonder if Assassin will make one last event on Friday?

was looking at the DLC this morning but havent got it yet...

Downloaded your new track Omnius but havent raced it yet as I was too tired.

B-Spec Bob managed to win a race for me as I took my daughter to Nursery tho!!

Gonna have a couple of races and a wee drink in the morning when I get home, need to unwind a bit as work is not going great and the wife is stressed with her morning sickness...gulp ;-)

was looking at the DLC this morning but havent got it yet...

Downloaded your new track Omnius but havent raced it yet as I was too tired.

B-Spec Bob managed to win a race for me as I took my daughter to Nursery tho!!

Gonna have a couple of races and a wee drink in the morning when I get home, need to unwind a bit as work is not going great and the wife is stressed with her morning sickness...gulp ;-)

:ill:

Put me down as a maybe for one more appearance this season, if im at home ill join and start my endurance race on Saturday.

Spotted a fault with the new update today. Can someone else check their game and see if its the same??

In the Nascar special event beginner level 2nd race, cant remember the track sorry, there is an Alfa 8C!!??

Last edited:
Omnius, for the 2nd race, you say:

Wing
standard

Am I right to believe that means no wing at all?

Back