CORE GT Series | RETURNING IN GT6!

• Thread starter OmniusGT
  • 4,439 comments
This is where it all happens at this end!

IMG_5411.jpg

When I'm updating the Trident GT Thread...
IMG_5412.jpg

When I'm racing!
IMG_5416.jpg

Omnius - as for your short story you sent me in a message over PSN (lol!) about the G27... It is a fantastic piece of kit.

What I'm hoping for is that the wheel overall is an improvement over the DFGT (this wheel as good as it is, still felt like the DFPro that came before it)

Where I have seen YouTube clips and the G27 sounds alot quieter and the added bonus of a 6 H Shifter and clutch seem to offer an increased realism.

As for using a wheel on GT, I've been using one since GT3 (along with all the other PS driving games across the years) so as far as 'driving' is concerned, its become second nature using a wheel on my PS3.

The G27 - I was going to order one today, but I'm still not sure until Spec 2.0 arrives to see/findout what PD mean by G25/27 support - will ALL the buttons now work, is there 'other' things that currently don't work as expected? If all these things are addressed, I think I will upgrade, the price for the T500RS + Shifter is just mental! As good as GT5 is, its just not worth £389 + £129 with an additional optional Ferrari F1 replacement wheel (£129) for a Thrustmaster (no offence to anyone who has bought one) I'm just wanting something new as I've had this DFGT since Prologue came out and it just feels worn these days (the gearing inside)

As for the G27 shifter, I'm hoping it has a nice solid feel compared to the DFGT +/- Mirco-switched Shifter :)

So prehaps if anyone has anything to add or when Tuesday comes and the update is installed, drop back on here and update us on what the G2x Support actually means 👍

The only thing I'll miss is having a 'Official' PS wheel, I'm just so used to having the PS button at hand and the standard DS3 buttons on the wheel face for quick use (I know they are sort of on the G27 Shifter pod) - its the PS button really I'll miss...

Last edited:
Nice pics, Omnius, very tidy. I'm just surprised about the lorry-like position of sitting at a desk... :)

R063R, a good way to practice with your steering wheel is to have a go at the rallying. It takes a while but it's worth it.

WarriusZero
Nice pics, Omnius, very tidy. I'm just surprised about the lorry-like position of sitting at a desk... :)

R063R, a good way to practice with your steering wheel is to have a go at the rallying. It takes a while but it's worth it.

It comes from years of PC gaming :)

Just read over what Ive missed recently...jealous much!!

Stuck in bloody France this week too so cant even practice when I get back from work...back to Scotland on Wednesday for another 5/6 days at work so I should be online again on the 21st.

I'd be happy if I ended up as a brain in a jar plugged into a computer hive-mind :) lol!

...right time to get up and update GT!!!

Nice to see those who got up for that... Feels like getting up for the Australian GP at the beginning of the season... :D

Well I figured it was better than waiting until tonight after work incase the servers were overloaded!

@R063R - Not looking good for the G27 then! If it lets you change the buttons in the settings, I wonder if it didn't save them when you exited the options???

That can be fixed with a quick 2.0.1 update.
Omnius, do you agree that the changes to the lobby settings are going to make our life a lot easier when setting up events?

I think it's brilliant. The 'prohibited' tuning option will be on tomorrow night for the Scuderia Cup, for a start.

I'm liking the update, granted there will always be things that we felt were missed (pitstop rule!) among other DLC that isn't in what has been announced. But as always, there are things I didn't even think about that have been tweaked/added....

Like this! The 'Loyalty' bonus :) 👍

I'm on 200% when I updated this morning (must remember me from pre 2.0 - I'm on every night! :) )

So the BIG MONEY has gone from the Seasonals, but with this new 'Loyalty' bonus, I'm sure it all works out in the end 👍

@Warrius - I know what you mean, but those options (within our group) don't really 'add' anything - we organise our races a week in advance, so it will only help us if new people join our group on the night, having said that I'd have prefered one more car 'group' - Production cars! ;)

Well it had to happen!

My trusted DFGT has been put out to pasture....I have had it since 2008! (I think!)

I know I still had my DFP when GT5:P landed as I missed not having the PS3 PS button which the DFGT has...now its gone again! Ah well, I don't have the money nor the inclination to buy the current 'PS3 Official wheel' the T500RS+Shifter, so I've opted for the next Logitech (I do like their wheels - this will be my 4th since PS2)

The G27, and not just for GT5, I have other driving games which claim to work really nice with its extra features :)

Well lets see if I notice any improvements from my rather noisey straight-cut geared DFGT ;) I'm expecting I'll notice it more in the pedal quality as I don't think Logitech made any changes over the years to the pedal sets until the G25 appeared?

I'll have it just in time for the Zero Cup too! So if I'm all over the place compared to normal, now you know why!

Nice one,you'll be pleased you took the plunge.I went from a DFGT to the G25 and the difference in build quality alone made it seem worthwhile before i even pugged it in.Pedals are much more solid and the leather wheel feels mint.

Stop talking about that! If you carry on, soon I'm gonna have to come to my wife with a big bouquet of flowers and a poem to say sorry for buying another wheel...

Stop talking about that! If you carry on, soon I'm gonna have to come to my wife with a big bouquet of flowers and a poem to say sorry for buying another wheel...

I think if you win both races tonight you should treat yourself! (and after the stress of the B-Spec glitch too!!!) :)

👍

I am. Keen to start racing online with regular people. I have read them. Room for me on this Friday's session? Cheers, Rob

Back