CORE GT Series | RETURNING IN GT6!

• Thread starter OmniusGT
  • 4,439 comments
Just had a proper practice for the first time ever. 4 lap race 24.45 next 4 lap race 23.32 with one clean lap of 5.42 They don't like kerbs and rain would be 7-8min laps please be sunny lol

It will be! No RLW this time around :)

Good, that means no snow then:)

I know! That was mad! I like little touches like that :) I wonder if there is a chance that the game works off the date when it decides 'if/when' you set the weather option on, to what sort of weather is possible at that time of year at the given area the track is set in?

So because it is December, the game used a light snow flurry instead of light rain? It did rain later in the race, you could tell the difference, much more pronounced thin straight lines as opposed to the fatter and swirly 'snow' flakes.

All in all, a nice touch, even if it wasn't meant to be :sly:

I'm not here to ask the rules to be changed. Omnius set the rules, it's his right. I'm just not good enough! No hard feelings. :)

Last edited:
I'm not here to ask the rules to be changed. Omnius set the rules, it's his right. I'm just not good enough! No hard feelings. :)
i understand mate but if no one objected it would mean you could race .
and the more racing the better.

I have no objections. In fact if I had all the driving aids on, and everyone else was going backwards I would still get lapped.

I have no objections. In fact if I had all the driving aids on, and everyone else was going backwards I would still get lapped.

i have a feeling i'd be much the same, still haven'tgot the car yet might try and get it today if i feel upto it

i understand mate but if no one objected it would mean you could race .
and the more racing the better.

I hear what you are saying, but having TC off for these cars is in-keeping with the classification, plus this being our last race, I want to make it a touch on the 'edgy' side, make the win even more of a challenge.

Having said that, and this might just be me, but I don't find it a problem using the FGT without TC, it doesn't feel as bad as it appears it would!

Anyway, I hope we all have a good race on Friday, something a bit different 👍

I've had a go without the TC and I just can't keep it on the track.

Tell you what, Omnius, I'll still give it a go if you come back to the Zero Cup! It's missing you!!
Deal?

Last edited:
WarriusZero
I've had a go without the TC and I just can't keep it on the track.

Tell you what, Omnius, I'll still give it a go if you come back to the Zero Cup! It's missing you!!
Deal?

Since it's in memory of the great man, I'll be there! (you may have seen my favourite photo of all time earlier in the thread?)

Stock NSX it is! (I actually have a tuned version that I like to call my 'Senna' edition :lol: )

See you Wednesday, 8 sharp :sly:

OmniusGT
Since it's in memory of the great man, I'll be there! (you may have seen my favourite photo of all time earlier in the thread?)

Stock NSX it is! (I actually have a tuned version that I like to call my 'Senna' edition :lol: )

See you Wednesday, 8 sharp :sly:

Oooh,Senna tribute race,could be interested if there's space on the grid for 1 more.

WarriusZero
Of course, there's space, and the other weeks too.... Click my sig...

Cheers,Id like to make it a regular thing but wednesdays are the only chance I get to practice and get some setup done for the trident.

We could set up a practice session for the Trident GT once we've finished the Zero Cup.
Although the Trident GT is having a break from next week... and the Zero Cup isn't!

Thanks for the race events over the last 6 months Omnius, and to everyone I have had the pleasure to race with in this league. I am looking forward to the next series. The Nurb has not been my favorite track, and probably never will be, but the fair racing you guys bring make it well worth coming back week after week. In the new year I am going to start a small fortnightly race series on Sundays at 8.00pm and I would like to invite everyone from Trident and Zero cup to join first.

gtpbanner.png

I have created a blog page to keep track, please take a look and register if you are interested.

http://thesundaycup.wordpress.com/

TRIDENT GT
Season 1 Event 16 - 16.12.11 Results

Final Race - NURBURGRING NORDSCHLEIFE 18:40*
10* Laps, FGT - 611 BHP, 690 kg

1st = jamesybograt - FGT = 25x3
2nd = geordie139 - FGT = 18x3
3rd = WarriusZero - FGT = 15x3
4th = PSN-OmniusALX - FGT = 12x3
5th = ade3210 - FGT = 10x3
DNF = BUCHANPOWER
DNS = RBL007 *Missed Start*

Final Standings - (After 16 Events)

Orange = Gained Position
Red = Lost Position

1st = geordie139 = 839pts.
2nd = jameysbograt = 823pts. - 16pts. diff for 1st

3rd = PSN-OmniusALX = 508pts.

4th = WarriusZero = 437pts
5th = BUCHANPOWER = 435pts.
6th = ade3210 = 358pts.
7th = R063R_GL4560W = 291pts.
8th = buraspo = 148pts.
9th = Barnezy318 = 147pts.
10th = Norfolk_Assassin = 143pts.
11th = stanepoke = 129pts.
12th = RBL007 = 40pts.
13th = jamie2016 = 12pts.

*Congratulations*
geordie139 for winning the first season of the TRIDENT GT Championship

Season 1 Final Podium.

1st = geordie139

2nd = jamesybograt

3rd = PSN-OmniusALX

With geordie139's 43 races ran against jamesybograt's 38 races ran.

*Due to unforeseen weather the first race attempt was 'Red Flagged' at 60% wet and restarted with 10 laps instead of 13.

As the first season closes, I'd like to thank everyone who joined and made the season into what it's become! and special thanks to all who have become regulars!!

Lets hope next season we may see some new 'faces' :) and good luck to all for season 2 (6th Jan)...lets see how geordie defends his title :sly:

Last edited:
Thanks for the race events over the last 6 months Omnius, and to everyone I have had the pleasure to race with in this league. I am looking forward to the next series. The Nurb has not been my favorite track, and probably never will be, but the fair racing you guys bring make it well worth coming back week after week. In the new year I am going to start a small fortnightly race series on Sundays at 8.00pm and I would like to invite everyone from Trident and Zero cup to join first.

gtpbanner.png

I have created a blog page to keep track, please take a look and register if you are interested.

count me in ade looks awesome 👍

low power goot tyres great tracks 👍:)

Joined as you know, ready for the 'off' I can't wait!!! 👍

How do you get involved? I saw the core member list in the OP, but that's it. I would like to check it out. Hit me up with some info.
PSN ID = nutty113

iridegravity
How do you get involved? I saw the core member list in the OP, but that's it. I would like to check it out. Hit me up with some info.
PSN ID = nutty113

Just like that! :sly:

As you found the link to the Members list, you would have also found the links to the default rules of the series

By expressing an interest, consider this as your 'entry' and as you can see season 1 is finished, we will all be back on the 6th January for season 2, all event details will update on page 1 nearer the time to give you time to get the required cars and to allow you a bit of practice (as I use a custom track in race 2)

Also expect FR from myself and other members of the CORE

See you on the track 👍

count me in ade looks awesome 👍

low power goot tyres great tracks 👍:)

Great, just let me know your number and car/wheel colours and I will add you to the grid. I will be creating a new thread for this next week, I just wanted to give everyone here a chance to sign up first. Thanks to Omnius for letting me do this 👍👍👍

CORE GT SEASON 2 Update

Without changing too much and losing it's identity, I have a few 'tweaks' I'm adding to the TRIDENT GT for Season 2.

These are - Point System and Layout.

Point System.
The new points system will be the CDP, or CORE Dynamic Points. This takes into account not only individuals ability during Qualifying, but also how 'hard' each race becomes due to the numbers on track. So however many drivers are racing, this determines the maximum points for 1st, then each position down receives 1 point less. Penalties are now clearly defined too - see page 1 for details.

Layout.
The layout will still have a trident theme of '3', but as the first season ran for 16 events, I have decided to break the 3 blocks of 3 with the newly titled T.S.R. (Trident Special Race) - this will take place every forth week. All races will be longer to take into account we will only run 1 race per week instead of 3, this will allow us to test our concerntration, tyre/fuel managment ability and to run a slightly shorter season of 9 Tridents with 3 T.S.R's giving us a total of 12 events per season instead of 16.

The 'fixed' tuning and the Season Car will hopefully allow for a tighter racing as potentially, we will only need a maximum of 4 cars per season to tune, with only track settings being required each week, and only for one track at a time. Rather than fully lock down the season, I decided that I would only have tuning restrictions for each Tier rather than a specific car like the Season Car.

Also There is nothing stopping anyone to use a different car each week, as long as the tuning is within each tier, or the same car for each tier with re-tuning.

:gtpflag:

TRIDENT GT Championship Season 2 Layout

T I - Fixed Tuning
Week 1 - GT Standard Track
Week 2 - Custom Track (NPS)
Week 3 - GT Standard Track

TSR 1 (Week 4) - Seasonal Car Only

T II - Fixed Tuning
Week 5 - GT Standard Track
Week 6 - Custom Track (NPS)
Week 7 - GT Standard Track

TSR 2 (Week 8) - Seasonal Car Only

T III - Fixed Tuning
Week 9 - GT Standard Track
Week 10 - Custom Track (NPS)
Week 11 - GT Standard Track

TSR 3 (Week 12) - Seasonal Car Only

At the start of each 'Tier' all race and tuning details will be released on the Sunday prior to the Friday TRIDENT. The 3 TSR's will always remain the same, but at the start of each season a new car will be chosen and it's tuning will be made available from the start.

Rather than the normal 10 minute qualifying, I am looking into introducing a different method for the 3 TSR's. More on this soon...

Last edited:
Back