Clueless Tunes - Classic Car Shootout (WE'RE DONE! Thank you all)

• Thread starter krenkme
  • 682 comments
Rotary Junkie
Right, my stuff went bang. I've got a Super Bee on the way in theory that I should be able to have done before deadline, if not I'm afraid I'll need an extension due to extenuating circumstances.

Yes of course. Thanks for asking and sorry about your loss :dopey:

Deadline is in about one hour and for those that have posted there tune, I'm almost home and when I can fire up the computer i will update. Thank you every one, this has been great.

Deadline extended 12 hrs?

Ok my photo has been edited into my submission.
I'm happy to allow an extension, dont bother me. Its only one tuna.

But then again I remember when I was two hours late to submit a tune and it wasnt allowed, so I dunno?? :nervous:

Either way it doesnt bother me at all. :D

Right, my Camaro is now ready aside from needing to finish break-in, will be able to post @ midnight EST or earlier along with Hami.

6681533603_7f8e6ca9d7_b.jpg

My photo entry ... with 4 mins to spare ;)

{Cy}

Ok my photo has been edited into my submission.
I'm happy to allow an extension, dont bother me. Its only one tuna.

But then again I remember when I was two hours late to submit a tune and it wasnt allowed, so I dunno?? :nervous:

Either way it doesnt bother me at all. :D

Sorry you didn't make it in a past shootout, but everyone had a reason to why they could not make the deadline this time.
I hope that's okay:nervous:

I can post by midnight Eastern Standard Time.

That's fine but ASAP please. 👍

Right, my Camaro is now ready aside from needing to finish break-in, will be able to post @ midnight EST or earlier along with Hami.

Same goes for you :dopey:

My photo entry ... with 4 mins to spare ;)

{Cy}

Tuner entry is now closed ( with the few exeptions ). Lets get testing :dopey:

Ummm sorry for the double post, but madmyk... you still here? If not can someone make a spred sheet for the shootout:dunce:

I can always do a running total... the old style way :dopey:

What happened to your Charger R/T? Or rather, what happened to your game data? It just all got deleted?

Thanks to GT5 crashing three times in a row at different periods of testing, I seriously lost my 🤬 and I have no tune since the idiotic autosave function doesn't 🤬 autosave. If anyone cares, it was a pearl white 240ZG

Thanks to GT5 crashing three times in a row at different periods of testing, I seriously lost my 🤬 and I have no tune since the idiotic autosave function doesn't 🤬 autosave. If anyone cares, it was a pearl white 240ZG

I care :D. Sorry you missed it... you hosting the next one? Post it, I'll try to test it :dopey:

RJ loses his save, your GT5 keeps crashing... I'm scared. What'll happen to me? :scared:

Shame that you wont make it, you would've been the token Japanese car in the shootout too.

What happened to your Charger R/T? Or rather, what happened to your game data? It just all got deleted?

It was slow next to the stuff other people have put out and I didn't feel like trying to score another.

Decided on a Camaro right after realizing my save had been corrupted but went ahead and tested the Super Bee -raVer- sent me... Sadly it would've done 46s at best while the Camaro is a pretty smooth 43.

Camaro is on its final B-Spec run, then it's pictar time and a writeup. I've built it intentionally "wrong" for maximizing performance at a given PP level (supercharged, heavy), time will tell whether it pays off or not.

VTiRoj
RJ loses his save, your GT5 keeps crashing... I'm scared. What'll happen to me? :scared:

Shame that you wont make it, you would've been the token Japanese car in the shootout too.

I know...I immediately thought of the early Japanese sports cars. Tempted to use the '67 Skyline 2000GT-B, but nothing is ever gonna keep up with all the power other people have. The 240-ish bhp 240ZG was the best I could do without UCD trawling for hours

Ummm sorry for the double post, but madmyk... you still here? If not can someone make a spred sheet for the shootout:dunce:

I can always do a running total... the old style way :dopey:

I can throw something together quickly using the roadster format as a template. Not as detailed as Myk's creations but it should suffice if he can't get to it.

I am now on my run through the tunes to download the pics. Obviously I will wait until RJ and Hami have theirs up to post the poll. If you have more than one pic in your tune post please mark which is the poll entry or PM me the photo or something to let me know. Otherwise I'll pick the one I think is best. :D

I know...I immediately thought of the early Japanese sports cars. Tempted to use the '67 Skyline 2000GT-B, but nothing is ever gonna keep up with all the power other people have. The 240-ish bhp 240ZG was the best I could do without UCD trawling for hours
Wish you would have told me you were looking for the early Japanese cars. I most likely could have sent you any of them you wanted as a 0/0/0 or low mileage no changes car.:embarrassed:

Photos have been saved and uploaded to my Picasa. As soon as I see that RJ and Hami have theirs ready I'll post up the poll and link it here.

From the looks of things, most people are running in the 200's too. It's just the guys aiming to kill the testers that are going 300 and beyond. :D

From the looks of things, most people are running in the 200's too. It's just the guys aiming to kill the testers that are going 300 and beyond. :D

407hp man! :D WOOOOO!! And some weird handling as the car suddenly changed character without me doing anything to it for the final sign off.

Hami, I hate to say it... But you've missed the ballast rule. We're only allowed 3% of the car's weight in ballast, and I'm pretty sure 108kg is quite a bit more than 3% of the weight of a 2002 Turbo.

That or it's meant to be 16 or something.

407hp man! :D WOOOOO!! And some weird handling as the car suddenly changed character without me doing anything to it for the final sign off.
373bhp here, but my power to weight ratio is sweet. :D And yeah I've had some cars do that to me. Either you're unknowingly changing your driving style or the car is wearing out.
Photo entry (big big big)

Edit: Yay, made it with ~20 minutes to spare. That said, I don't want Hami to miss it if he's less than an hour past the extension either.

Another RKM Camaro?

:D

Hami, I hate to say it... But you've missed the ballast rule. We're only allowed 3% of the car's weight in ballast, and I'm pretty sure 108kg is quite a bit more than 3% of the weight of a 2002 Turbo.

The BMW 2002 weighs 1080 stock. My car weighs 1024 in this condition. Did I misinterpret the ballast rules? Thought my car could weigh no more than 1112kg?

Hm, if you read it that way you're legal but I dunno, everyone else interpreted it as you can only use 3% of the car's weight after reductions.

#6.) Weight adjustments (a.k.a adding ballast) is set at 3% of cars weight, no more. (example - if a cars weight is 1500kg you can add 45kgs)

The way I read that, it's trying to keep the amount you can move weight around down.

So in that interpretation of the rule I can only add 3% ballast from which?

A) original car weight of 1080, so 32kgs
B) the car's new weight of 918, so 28kgs

It's an easy edit. I have adjusted the three tuning sheets A, B and C to be each of the three, my tune now, +32kg and +28kg. Whatever the ruling is, I'll just hit that settings tab.

Edit: Yay, made it with ~20 minutes to spare. That said, I don't want Hami to miss it if he's less than an hour past the extension either.

Thanks for getting them in guys 👍

Ok. On share with settings B +32kg of ballast. I'll update my garage post too. Thanks for the catch on that.

Thanks for catching that. Thanks for changing it.

Once DigitalBaka up loads the last two entrys please go vote. 👍

And thanks DB for a spred sheet (I know nothing of computers :dunce: ) :dopey:

Back