Clueless Tunes - Classic Car Shootout (WE'RE DONE! Thank you all)

• Thread starter krenkme
  • 682 comments
I had to put them into one group, because of the Drivers choice. I was going to split them, but it wouldn't have worked :(

Edit - @Hami fastest lap you can get. Again 10 laps is what I'll be doing but you can run any amount you want ;tup:
That's why you run two rounds of testing taking say the fastest from each of the groups and the car receiving the most drivers choice votes and toss them into the final test round.:D

All of your testers are also tuners. Everyone's going to have to be pretty honest when they pick their driver's choice?
While tuners will naturally have a certain bias towards their own cars so far the drivers choice voting has been very good with little to no bias shown.👍👍

drivers choise is fair ... no worries there 👍.

offering my drivers choise vote , bidding starts at 10 cookies and a glass of milk :dopey:

I'm just a really, really competitive guy. Somebody else's car would have to beat my car's time and be a dream to drive for me to put mine second or lower. I could do it, but pressing that button to rank mine down the list would be counter to the race car nut brain that I have.

offering my drivers choise vote , bidding starts at 10 cookies and a glass of milk :dopey:
How about a dozen homemade chocolate chip cookies, a slice of homemade apple pie and a couple sodas?:drool::lol:

Unless of course your going to force me to go to the bakery for a Black Forest Torte...:embarrassed:

DaDog

I all ready sent you a gift, and now you want cookies? :lol::dopey:

true , i forgot about saying thank you for that :D

so "thanks boss :D"

but desporado has pie , i mean PIE ! how is one to resist those kind of temptations :dopey:

I agree it is a nice car. The photo poll is not up yet so that should not be a problem. Just need a few more people to chime in before I decide. Okay?

I've no problems with inviting the Welsh Boyo in, provided that DigiB hasn't posted the Photo Poll yet.

However, as xDee says, we ought not make a habit of it...

{Cy}

EDIT:

How about a big loaf of stollen..?? Man, do I love that stuff... :D

Last edited:
Okay. If noone has a problem with it snake55wildcat will be allowed in. Make sure DigitalBaka knows what photo you are going to use. And try to be on time for the next one (sorry, I'm a father :dopey: ) Also, since we are not up against another shootout (ATM) testing can be extended to the 27th if needed. But please try to get them in by the posted deadline.

Actually, I did just post it. :( Grabbed Hami's shot and went to work on it without reading the rest of the thread. Just checked and there isn't a way for me to add it, but I could add it to the OP and have people just post in the thread if they want to cast a vote for it. Might be a bit of a handicap since people don't read rules anyway but... :scared:

I'll leave it up to you guys. Personally, I don't see a problem, I'm all for being inclusive (though Jack did get the short end of the stick in Laguna Seca :P). I actually wanted to use this car but couldn't find the built-in magnets to keep it off the wall when I gave it some speed. :D

EDIT: adding to the OP...will be interesting. I'll see if a mod can get it stuffed into the poll. Link is below:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=239489

Well if it is a problem to get it in the photo poll, I'm okay to leave it out and just go with the ones you had on time. Is that to harsh?

I've added it to the OP though it may be an uphill battle. In the roadster shootout there was one (madmyk maybe?) that didn't have a photo but still competed otherwise. I'm OK with that if Snake wants to keep the entry in as everything is judged separately.

Shoulda gone out for lunch instead of eating at my desk....stupid snow... :lol:

I dont mind, I was late so i understand if your not able to keep my entry in, if its possible to keep my entry within reasonable circumstances then sure, keep it in if your able to, but if it has to be opted out of the competition I wont mind. :)

Snake55wildcat
I dont mind, I was late so i understand if your not able to keep my entry in, if its possible to keep my entry within reasonable circumstances then sure, keep it in if your able to, but if it has to be opted out of the competition I wont mind. :)

Your in, just maybe not the photo poll. To help the testers could you send a FR on PSN so we can start testing your car 👍

@krenkme can we get a link to the photo poll placed in one of your first 3 posts please?

Got 5 cars down and done so far, not including my own. Trying something different this time and saving the ghost replays of each lap and will try to post it with my results. Will get my results up thus far once I am home from work in about 4-5 hours. :D

EDIT: Also, results sheet is here for now unless Myk comes up with something better. :)

Last edited:
Meh…can't be bothered to start testing. :lol: I'm just doing random crap on GT5 now…can't tune, can't test, can't do 🤬. So…yea.

Thanks for listening to the minor outburst. :dopey:

Why can't you tune? Something wrong with you're ps3?

Nope. An even more simple issue. Or rather, issues. I keep forgetting what does what to the car, I can't get the right results from it, and I just simply can't be arsed anyway. :lol:

That and the fact that I'm not good enough anyway.

We'll you probaly can't be worse then me.
Seeing the times people posted on there tunes and trouble i had to get below 1:50 with my stratos.
The most trouble i have with tuning is that it takes so much time

We'll you probaly can't be worse then me.
Seeing the times people posted on there tunes and trouble i had to get below 1:50 with my stratos.
The most trouble i have with tuning is that it takes so much time

Think of it this way, you're at least faster than Desperado and Krenkme already. :lol:

And it sort of depends, some cars take an hour or so, some take ages. Just ask RJ and Roj, some of their cars must have taken a good few days to get done. Which is a short time compared to the odd month or two I spent on that bloody Cougar.

Think of it this way, you're at least faster than Desperado and Krenkme already. :lol:

And it sort of depends, some cars take an hour or so, some take ages. Just ask RJ and Roj, some of their cars must have taken a good few days to get done. Which is a short time compared to the odd month or two I spent on that bloody Cougar.

Very few take more than an actual day for me. :P

I can't see the laptimes the link is blocked because i'm at work. :)

I've been learning a lot about tuning in the last months as a result i had to change my cars every time :P. But i hope my bad abilities as a driver still make me a oke tuner.

Hey, it's just an assumption. I mean, how long did that bleeding Enzo take you two? 5 hours? Or is it more like 5 minutes? :lol:

The Enzo took days because we had to go back and forth with it a lot. There just comes a point where you have enough experience to make a good setting before even driving the car, then you're basically tweaking it for an hour after that.

Onboy123
Nope. An even more simple issue. Or rather, issues. I keep forgetting what does what to the car, I can't get the right results from it, and I just simply can't be arsed anyway. :lol:

That and the fact that I'm not good enough anyway.

Well at least you can tune a Panda. I can't even get that right :dopey:.

@Desperado way to go Harv. :lol: you might win the Beat :))

I will like the score sheet to the third post as soon as I can. Thanks again DB 👍

Last edited:
Well at least you can tune a Panda. I can't even get that right :dopey:.

Way to go Harv. :lol:

I will like the score sheet to the third post as soon as I can. Thanks again DB 👍

Well there's something to be proud of![/sarcasm] Oh great, 1000 cars in the game, I tuned a lunchbox right. :grumpy:

You drunk again? I'm not a wall destroying lunatic with a pink pile of rust. :P

Get moving. :P

Back