Chase for NASCAR Sprint Cup S2 Champs: RFLX_Niop, Hendrick, Chevy

• Thread starter MustangRyan
  • 3,095 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was disappointed, screwed up. Managed 33 laps on tyres stint 1, but my spin cost me dear :grumpy:

Very frustrating race for myself. It started out great, with myself and Drop leading the first 32 laps until the first lag wreck. But not too big of deal as almost everyone was involved. I decided that was a perfect time to pit, but got nailed in the rear and entered the pits sideways. That gave me a drive-thru penalty. Luckily Mudd and Homeslice were in the same boat as me, so we all got hooked up. We were making up good time until we caught up to the 20 car, which ended in another lag wreck. That put me 1 lap down, but also put me with Drop, who was in a 2-car battle for the lead. Things were still looking ok for the team, I was in position to push my teammate to the win. But Drop bit on the "Fake Pit" by Knelly, and that was the end of it as he got a drive-thru penalty.

I made my final pit stop and came out in front of Joe. I decided to drop back to him so we could make up ground on the others, and we did. But it didn't benefit me at all, as Homeslice and Joe hooked up at the end of the race and held off me and Tom.

All in all, a pretty eventful race. But Team Hendrick has some work to do. Congrats to Knelly on the win.

Nice win for toyota, ill be thanking my camry later! Happy with a top three! And of course the lag wreck got us screwed. Well, better luck next time? I guess. Thanks to DoWhat for getting me in the top3 as.well. and mstall, no worries. U looked fine when it was me, u n drop

Congrats to knelly, you ran a smart race.

Thanks to joe for helping me at the end. I trying hard to beat you because you had a 6 point lead going into the race. I owe you one.

Pretty cool that we have had 6 different winners in 8 races this season. Hopefully I can make 7 next week:sly:.

Mstall, don't beat yourself up over the lag, most of the GTP series are put on hold right now because of all the lag of late. We really can't blame one person, specially since you were definately not lagging the whole time. It was just a short stint in the middle of the race when it was an issue, who knows what brought it on.

Nice job with the podium, Ken, you earned that one. I gotta thank Furi and Dowhat for hanging in there and lining up with me for the last tire stint. We didn't actually gain any positions of it, but we would have with just a couple more laps. That lead pack was just out of my reach at the end, that's quite a gap we made up.

My car was loose as hell tonight.
PHP:

I hope u didn't pay her too much money if she was that loose.....I owe u one n a few more :sly:

Edit: by the way, that's two third place finishes for me in the last two races!!

Last edited:
Until we get the result table updated, how about we post our current point totals so we can see where we are? I was at 306 (300 plus 6 for two wins) and got 12 points in this race, putting my points at 318.

Considering how anything can and usually will happen at Daytona (and did), I'm happy with 5th place tonight.

Well, started with 300 and finished 8th, but I managed to lead a couple laps, (first time in a points race this season), should put me at 310.

...does anyone know how to suck the air right out of the room?...oh, wait...I see. :dopey:

Soooo... I've done all my testing for the 75 lap Indy race. Hadn't tested there since before the tyre wear update. A slight tweak may be needed for the 200 lap race if one of my settings is a little off in the 75 lapper, but other than that I'm set for both races really.

The good thing about my disconnections at Indy races in this series is that everyone will have forgotten the tactics I use at Indy. :sly:

OK, spent a little time watching back the race, and ended up taking some pics.

superspeedwaydaytonazj.jpg

The 11 of us on lap 12 .... just shows how we roll as a group đź‘Ť

superspeedwaydaytona1.jpg

Still doing the same thing on lap 31

superspeedwaydaytona2q.jpg

Pit in or stay out, the choice is yours.

superspeedwaydaytona3z.jpg

#18 taking the lead and never looking back.

superspeedwaydaytona4l.jpg

superspeedwaydaytona5c.jpg

#88 and #18 battling for laps led.

superspeedwaydaytona6.jpg

PUMP FAKE !!!!

superspeedwaydaytona9.jpg

Just because.

First ever pics on here, from GT5, so be gentle. đź‘Ť

Last edited:
I'll watch the replay when I get home from work in a couple hours, and post the results and updated standings.

With 303 starting points, 18 points for second, and 1 point for leading a lap, I should also be at 322 points.

It was Niop. I have the points done and ready to post. I'm just waiting on one decision about something from our panel of five team owners, just in case something might need to be changed regarding the final results. I'll post as soon as we have a final decision from the owners.

OFFICIAL Daytona Results:

1. #18 Knelly (61 laps led) - 20 points, +2 bonus points
2. #88 Droptop2001gt (31 laps led) - 18 points, +1 bonus point
3. #83 CrAzY_bAsSiSt_83 - 16 points
4. #43 homeslice47 - 14 points
5. #99 JoeOfTheFire - 12 points
6. #42 Tom_97_COD - 11 points
7. #24 RFLX_Niop (Pole Position, 4 laps led) - 10 points, +2 bonus points
8. #14 Mudd (2 laps led) - 9 points, +1 bonus point
9. #11 Furinkazen - 8 points
10. #20 M-Stall41 (2 laps led) - 7 points, +1 bonus point
11. #83 dowhat13 - 6 points

Driver's Championship:

9vORt.jpg

Owner's Championship:

rWFT0.jpg

Manufacturer's Championship:

hAfuL.jpg

From the stats department:

Race #8 saw the closest competition ever in our team owner championship battle, with all 5 teams scoring in the range of 20 to 28 points, a mere 8 points from top to bottom.

How close was that?
-It was the first time all season that the top scoring team failed to score at least 31 points.
-It was the first time all season that the worst scoring team managed to score more than 17 points.
-The next closest race of the year had an almost double point spread, 15 points from 1st to 5th, with 31 to 16 points scored in week 3 at Monza.

The biggest spread of the season was in week 2 at Indy, with teams spread out from 38 points to 11 points, a difference of 27 points between the top and bottom team for that week.

Last edited:
The team championship looks like its shaping up right. Hendricks is first with no explaination needed with its two top career drivers and oval ringer, along with the aid of a fourth car running reserve when available. Ford is second and well deserved with two of the greatest drivers in this league. JGR is third and deserves it with three solid drivers. Then is red bull in fourth, doing better each week but seems to struggle with just two drivers. And same can be said about Stewart Ganassi who's in fifth and is now down to one driver.

And the manufacturers championship looks right with a lot of good drivers lining up in camrys and showing up on the track each week. Also thanks due to the incline of chevys orerall performance. And ford is at a disadvantage with only one team running their cars.

Also, seven drivers are in the top five. With four teams in the fight. Stewart ganassi is unfortunate to have not made it there. Three of the teams have two seats in the top five. Leaving red bull just one seat in the top five, thanks to crazy bassist :sly:

That has to be the quickest he has gotten the standings up. I wonder if it has anything to do with him being tied at the top :sly:.

Ha, you weren't around in season one when I used to have them up the same day, were you? :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back