The Thrustmaster T500RS Thread

• Thread starter TomN
  • 9,924 comments
i just noticed too that on my v4 the brake pedal uses 2 compression type springs, one smaller and one bigger, like dual valve springs if you will.

It's a double one? I have to have a closer look.

Yes.
I think this is why the brake pressure is better on the later models. I also think that with the new design, these pedals will last for a long time. Not sure why many people say the pedals are bad, but I personally prefer these pedals to my g27s and they are way better in my opinion.

Here's a clear picture of the double compression spring on the brake.

jhx5s8.jpg

Here's also a picture of the fan that was installed in the V2 and is the same as the replacement fan. Most likely from what I can hear from the V4 fan, it's the same as well. Also the blue of Chiefly I can still see via the ventilation holes on top.

20u62q1.jpg

LogiForce
How so? Its not a mod on my side, just how it is out of the box.

Pretty sure mine only has one spring Under the brake.

However I did a dual spring mod with the Real Brake Mod. Having posted a video and all. I got a chuckle out of seeing the newer versions coming stock dual spring. Albeit in a different location.

Now I feel bad having, I think, the first version of the wheelbase and pedals.

I do have the sound as in the videos on previous page about the fan, Starts noisy and goes to a less noisy sound..

I need to come up with something, to get my wheel replaced lol

I'm still waiting for another response from TM about my brake spring.
Do you guys have to pay for the shipment of spareparts? because they ask me to.

While waiting, I found a few springs from a motorcycle workshop
SU1HMDI1MDQtMjAxMjAxMjgtMjMxNS5qcGc.jpg

Might give it a shot, but I still hold on for my spareparts from TM

@Dawg, TM is monitoring this thread, just for your info.

Dear TM. I know you are monitoring this forum, so please.. please.. respond my problem

DawgCCCP
Now I feel bad having, I think, the first version of the wheelbase and pedals.

I do have the sound as in the videos on previous page about the fan, Starts noisy and goes to a less noisy sound..

I need to come up with something, to get my wheel replaced lol

Here is hoping the soon to be released Fanatec is much more reliable. Then I'll keep my T500 for a back up.

The T500 when working properly is a great set up. However the issues the popped up with the first batches was really something they Thrustmaster, should be more empathetic about when dealing with warranty issues. They act like your the first person calling with your problem. When it's clearly a large amount posting online. That doesn't even count the people who don't post or do so on other boards. So I'd say it's pretty vast amount that have had issues.

The spring broken pedal. The wheels fan, the clunk in the center, losing center, paddle double shifts and no click.

Really isn't the quality ones expect from a toy that costs over 500 dollars.

Hopefully all problems are resolved and the latest batches are problem free. Then yes you get a very good set up for 500 dollars.

Serious Thrustmaster if you read these at all. Take care of us that R&D'd the wheel and pedals for you. You know the first buyers. Version 1-3 or whatever.

It to me seems the testing for durability was rushed, because these things couldn't of been tested properly. You would of seen these issues before they got into the end consumers hands.

I'm still waiting for another response from TM about my brake spring.
Do you guys have to pay for the shipment of spareparts? because they ask me to.

While waiting, I found a few springs from a motorcycle workshop
SU1HMDI1MDQtMjAxMjAxMjgtMjMxNS5qcGc.jpg

Might give it a shot, but I still hold on for my spareparts from TM

@Dawg, TM is monitoring this thread, just for your info.

Dear TM. I know you are monitoring this forum, so please.. please.. respond my problem

Didn't have to pay anything for the replacement fan on my V2.

Pretty sure mine only has one spring Under the brake.

However I did a dual spring mod with the Real Brake Mod. Having posted a video and all. I got a chuckle out of seeing the newer versions coming stock dual spring. Albeit in a different location.
I think the dual spring design is to achieve progressive response.

Here is hoping the soon to be released Fanatec is much more reliable. Then I'll keep my T500 for a back up.

The T500 when working properly is a great set up. However the issues the popped up with the first batches was really something they Thrustmaster, should be more empathetic about when dealing with warranty issues. They act like your the first person calling with your problem. When it's clearly a large amount posting online. That doesn't even count the people who don't post or do so on other boards. So I'd say it's pretty vast amount that have had issues.

The spring broken pedal. The wheels fan, the clunk in the center, losing center, paddle double shifts and no click.

Really isn't the quality ones expect from a toy that costs over 500 dollars.

Hopefully all problems are resolved and the latest batches are problem free.
Then yes you get a very good set up for 500 dollars.

Serious Thrustmaster if you read these at all. Take care of us that R&D'd the wheel and pedals for you. You know the first buyers. Version 1-3 or whatever.

It to me seems the testing for durability was rushed, because these things couldn't of been tested properly. You would of seen these issues before they got into the end consumers hands.
+1 👍

Didn't have to pay anything for the replacement fan on my V2.
Well it's only me then. Because I see other users here even got pick up service for the old parts and delivery for the replacement.

:ill:

Yes my dual set up does the same. Used a lighter longer spring in the middle of the supplied real brake mod. This made the brake pedal progressive in two basic steps. The pedal catches the lighter spring then about 60-70% pedal throw it hits heavy spring. Down to the rubber stopper. Which is the 5%.

Does anybody have a problem with cracking/creaking sounds when turning?? For me its from dead center to about 10 degrees counter clockwise which makes the sound.

Any way to fix it without having to send it in for warranty work?? Wheel works fine & is noticeable if the volume is low.

Mister Slow
Does anybody have a problem with cracking/creaking sounds when turning?? For me its from dead center to about 10 degrees counter clockwise which makes the sound.

Any way to fix it without having to send it in for warranty work?? Wheel works fine & is noticeable if the volume is low.

I reckon some plastic might have snapped holding the axle in place. Contact TM as the wheel needs to be replaced/repaired.

can someone please tell me if i need to install anything special to get my t500 working with Richard burns rally?

it doesn't detect the wheel, well it kinda detects the pedals and the shifters but the force feedback option is greyed out?

some help would be appreciated thanks

-------------
NVM works now and the FF IS BEASTTTT!

Great game

Last edited:
Sooo...I just bought a T500 RS on Amazon. I didn't tell my girlfriend so I hope she doesn't get upset. I couldn't pass it up though, only $397. I am really excited. I've wanted a wheel for quite a while now

Are there any mods that are essential? Any that are a nice idea but not critical?

Hello Guys,

My gas pedal just lost most of its pressure. I know some of you have had a similar occurrence. Could you please discuss with me how thrustmaster customer support handled your situation? Did they upgrade to the newer version of the pedals? Who handled the shipping? Any information is welcome, thanks in advance.

Hello Guys,

My gas pedal just lost most of its pressure. I know some of you have had a similar occurrence. Could you please discuss with me how thrustmaster customer support handled your situation? Did they upgrade to the newer version of the pedals? Who handled the shipping? Any information is welcome, thanks in advance.

Happened to my brake pedal about 3 weeks ago.

• Jan 15: hear a small snap while driving (spring breaking) and break pedal gets "loose"
  • Jan 16: Call customer support and they request a picture and video and original invoice
  • Jan 17: They analyze the pics/video and decide they are sending me a new set of pedal springs. Interesting note in the email from them: The order will be processed in line of arrival - there are no priorities - and the parcel containing the components will be sent to you using the standard postal service - so it might take some time until it will reach you.
  • Feb 3: I get an email that the parts have finally shipped. (2+ weeks later!)

Still waiting for it to arrive obviously. 👎

Hoping it's a fairly easy fix and I don't encounter any additional issues.

I've been able to drive fairly well with the brake in the current condition as the problem is mostly around the 0-40% braking point at which point the spring show resistance and the brake mod takes over and provides some decent resistance. Once in a while the brake stays at 2% or so and I have to flick it to release to 0%. It's been so long I've almost forgotten what it felt like before.

I'm thinking of trying the "foam" trick that seems to be going around... I'm not too keen on the brake mod that comes with the T500. The spring doesn't allow me to properly get to 100% no matter how much pressure I put on it so I just used the foam part of the mod... it's better than nothing, but could use more resistance and control for a wider range of braking levels.

• Jan 15: hear a small snap while driving (spring breaking) and break pedal gets "loose"
  • Jan 16: Call customer support and they request a picture and video and original invoice
  • Jan 17: They analyze the pics/video and decide they are sending me a new set of pedal springs. Interesting note in the email from them: The order will be processed in line of arrival - there are no priorities - and the parcel containing the components will be sent to you using the standard postal service - so it might take some time until it will reach you.

I've been able to drive fairly well with the brake in the current condition as the problem is mostly around the 0-40% braking point at which point the spring show resistance and the brake mod takes over and provides some decent resistance. Once in a while the brake stays at 2% or so and I have to flick it to release to 0%. It's been so long I've almost forgotten what it felt like before.

I'm thinking of trying the "foam" trick that seems to be going around... I'm not too keen on the brake mod that comes with the T500. The spring doesn't allow me to properly get to 100% no matter how much pressure I put on it so I just used the foam part of the mod... it's better than nothing, but could use more resistance and control for a wider range of braking levels.

I found at hard to get 100% with the brake mod in the beginning. But now I've no problem at all. Must be a braking in period :lol:

Thank you so much WRP001. Hope you fix your problem asap. Hope installation is simple. Hope they send you enough spare parts so that it's worth all this hassle. Their customer support sometimes makes me wonder.

Does any body know how to remove the fasteners that keep the metal shafts that hold the pedals in place? Are they easy to reassemble? any videos?

Thank you so much WRP001. Hope you fix your problem asap. Hope installation is simple. Hope they send you enough spare parts so that it's worth all this hassle. Their customer support sometimes makes me wonder.

Does any body know how to remove the fasteners that keep the metal shafts that hold the pedals in place? Are they easy to reassemble? any videos?

Speak of the devil... the kit arrived just now. 7+ pages of instructions... Yuck, but at least they have photos... It's not really that complicated, but I'm not a mechanical guy and I don't want to mess it up. The kit has all the parts, but I have to go out and get some grease to apply to the new springs and shaft.

The instructions say 30 minutes, but I'm sure it won't be that quick for me. :lol:

Here's a pdf scan I made of the instructions.

I wonder how much is the population of V1, V2 and V3 wheels...

You mean how many of the T500RS have been sold? It would be interesting to know. Personally, I've bought along with the wheel itself, the shifter as well as the F1 add-on wheel in a short period of a month.

On a slightly different subject- does anyone know if the F1 wheel would work on the PS3 without the firmware update done to the T500RS? Since I don't have any version of Windows installed on my iMac (and my MBP), I can settle for a few non-working buttons if that's the case. Of course, if I have to, I'd have a friend bring his laptop over.

Back