The Thrustmaster T500RS Thread

• Thread starter TomN
  • 9,924 comments
FYI got my pedal spring kit from thrustmaster (incl a few spare springs so i have some in advance). contacted them last saturday by phone. so pretty good turnaround

I currently own a Logitech driving force pro and have some vouchers to spend and i was thinking about buying this thrustmaster Wheel - i'm a casual GT5 gamer and play only a few times per month for an hour or so. Will this wheel make such a difference to the experience?

its a lot of money but as the vouchers are 'free' to me then it won't really matter. Anybody on here moved from a DFGT wheel to this Thristmaster and have they been wowed by it or slightly let down?

I currently own a Logitech driving force pro and have some vouchers to spend and i was thinking about buying this thrustmaster Wheel - i'm a casual GT5 gamer and play only a few times per month for an hour or so. Will this wheel make such a difference to the experience?

its a lot of money but as the vouchers are 'free' to me then it won't really matter. Anybody on here moved from a DFGT wheel to this Thristmaster and have they been wowed by it or slightly let down?

I did the switch from DFGT and IMO their world's apart. I was greatly impressed from day one. The sheer size of the unit and power of the ffb are the biggest differences. It's a quality wheel and worth the price when compared to a DFGT. And when you consider that the pedals are included when other wheels of similar value require you to pay for them separately. It does however need to be mounted to a sturdy table top, desk or rig of some sort though. Hope this helps.

i just finished wathicng that video with the real car thingy , holy crap that is cool, but how is adding all that aluminium square pole and extending the shaft not killd the FFB ?

Like you, I'm just a casual player (less than 10 hours a week), and I had a DFGT. I bought the T500 when amazon.com had it on sale for $381. The T500 is certainly a more sophisticated wheel, and the pedals are the biggest improvement.

And yes, it's much larger and heavier than the DFGT. I mount mine on a STEADIPLAY with no difficulty, but you know what? For someone who's not a diehard, the T500 could be considered overkill. I sometimes miss my DFGT; it was small and light and lots of fun, plus I now worry about T500 reliability based on what I read here. If you get one (in the US), I'd suggest looking for "Version 5" with all the latest improvements.

Honestly I think the fastest league racers should be testing this stuff.

That how I feel.

Ford figured it out. They race we win. Same scenario. Let the racers R&D and we the users will win. ;)

No offense to anyone trying to be involved.

I personally don't want involved. Excited about the CSW. It will be on my rig. T500 will get thrown in the closet as a back up plan. Sadly I should get a back up plan for the back up plan. LoL

Never again Thrustmaster. NEVER AGAIN!!! meanin I won't buy another one of your items. Skipped over the F1 wheel and the shifter because this wheel/pedals I got is breaking down.

You should totally try to to become a CSW tester. You'd pull a crap ton of votes with ease. It makes no sense whatsoever that you would not run in my book. Most any GTP member has probably raced with ya once or twice (I know I've run into you and Jav once myself).

So please sign up to be a tester when the opportunity arises. 👍

Would be great to read comparisons to the T500rs written by yourself and Logiforce

Now that is an awesome cockpit 4 sho

like you, i'm just a casual player (less than 10 hours a week), and i had a dfgt. I bought the t500 when amazon.com had it on sale for $381. The t500 is certainly a more sophisticated wheel, and the pedals are the biggest improvement.

And yes, it's much larger and heavier than the dfgt. I mount mine on a steadiplay with no difficulty, but you know what? For someone who's not a diehard, the t500 could be considered overkill. I sometimes miss my dfgt; it was small and light and lots of fun, plus i now worry about t500 reliability based on what i read here. If you get one (in the us), i'd suggest looking for "version 5" with all the latest improvements.

+1

You should totally try to to become a CSW tester. You'd pull a crap ton of votes with ease. It makes no sense whatsoever that you would not run in my book. Most any GTP member has probably raced with ya once or twice (I know I've run into you and Jav once myself).

Would be great to read comparisons to the T500rs written by yourself and Logiforce

Yeah dude, do it. I'd vote for ya. By the way I'm never buying thrustmaster again

Has anyone removed their pedals from the stand to custom fit a home made rig? I Just added aura pro's and think I'd be better off without the metal foot rest and black frame.......Too much rattling of metal, probably the screws and wing nuts vibrating.I've already tried pieces of rubber as buffers. Plus I'd be in direct contact with the floor the bass shakers are attached to. Advice on dismantling the pedals would be great thanks.

sandboxgod

Now that is an awesome cockpit 4 sho

Truly I don't have time for testing. Unless they want it tested during league events. Even then the time to write reviews and make videos. Just not available.

Wish my oldest son was about 4 yrs older. Make a great father son project to test and review.

Appreciate the kind words. However I'd honestly have to say there is a few guys that I'd recommend over myself. They are extremely accurate and really could tell how "good" a wheel is compared to another.

Wardez
GTP_Aderrrm

are two names that come to mind. Wardez has a couple wheels and is really good.

Aderrrm is not from this planet. He is amazing. Makes it look easy. So smooth and fast. He truly hits his marks 99/100 times. He would be the winning guy I'd wants wheel in the hands of.

Oh DSG would be great too. He just purchased the Elite wheel and again another consistent and extremely fast racer.

This has lead me into another thought. Fanatec should sponsor one or two league racers here. Guys that win and willing to brag up on the product. This would make those wanting to beat these fast guys go out and buy the equipment used to beat them.

Maybe a mini Academy to decide who is the sponsored driver.

Hi guys, i just installed a T500rs F1 to replace my G27. Wheel is working great but with the G27 i always used the clutch pedal for braking as im a left foot braker and using the clutch for braking give more ergonomic using a cockpit. To keep the resistance i replaced the clutch spring with the one from the brake. There is a way to make the same mod with the T500rs pedals? I removed 4 allen screws and the silver plate come off but there's no access to the springs.

Hi guys, i just installed a T500rs F1 to replace my G27. Wheel is working great but with the G27 i always used the clutch pedal for braking as im a left foot braker and using the clutch for braking give more ergonomic using a cockpit. To keep the resistance i replaced the clutch spring with the one from the brake. There is a way to make the same mod with the T500rs pedals? I removed 4 allen screws and the silver plate come off but there's no access to the springs.

This I always found weird, as even in an automatic car the brake pedal is in the exact same position as with a manual car, it's just got a bigger pedal plate. So using the clutch pedal for braking is just silly to me and is hardly simulating things. However I can understand the people who do this because they have a single pole wheelstand or rig for example.

The access to the pedals comes after you removed the black plate with thrustmaster on it. However I have never done this personally, so I can't guide you. Nor do I know the possibility of changing the springs.

Also for further reference of the people here, what version of pedals do you have? As V4 and up (plus some V3's) have compression springs with a double spring on the brake, and the V3 (most) and below have torsion springs. This might make a difference in compatibility for interchanging them.

Thanks. The problem is that my cockpit require very effort to use the brake at the normal position due its design. My wheel is V5. I think i also need a way to add some resistance to the gas pedal. Its very very light atm.
talula.jpg

Yeah, I guess with that cockpit you'd need to swap clutch and brake. Btw. Nice pic. ;)

I was thinking. I don't know how much slack there is (haven't looked myself yet) in the cables but maybe you could slide off the clutch and brake units from the round bars if you get the black plate off. Then just simply put the clutch back on first and then the brake.
I know you'd definitely need to have one of these c-clip pliers for removing the C-clips on those round bars before you could pull anything off.

C-Clip_Tool.jpg

Well...really not a easy job. The spring is screwed under the pedal and the metal base, but the screws are inside the spring. I believe i can unscrew both if i remove the lower first but i cant imagine a way to screw back.

dsc01716kcm.jpg

20120304010932.jpg

20120304010958.jpg

Last edited:
If you unscrew the strips stopping the pedals that is on top you can probably have a better look at how things are fastened.

I like the first better as the second has promotional girls or so it seems. I mean it's not often you see girls sim racing, let alone take it seriously. ;)

I'm having trouble with the T500rs catching the car when the backend steps out I can rarely catch it.

I never had this problem with my logitech wheels and I play on simulation mode as I don't like the game to help me out.

Has anyone experienced the same and if so did you get it sorted out? Could you let me know what settings your using?

Many thanks in advance

Yeah, I guess with that cockpit you'd need to swap clutch and brake. Btw. Nice pic. ;)

I was thinking. I don't know how much slack there is (haven't looked myself yet) in the cables but maybe you could slide off the clutch and brake units from the round bars if you get the black plate off. Then just simply put the clutch back on first and then the brake.
I know you'd definitely need to have one of these c-clip pliers for removing the C-clips on those round bars before you could pull anything off.

C-Clip_Tool.jpg

I dismantled my pedals yesterday and don't think you could just swap the break pedal around to the clutch. Theirs wires between each set of pedals and I very much doubt it would work as the wire is very short

I'm having trouble with the T500rs catching the car when the backend steps out I can rarely catch it.

I never had this problem with my logitech wheels and I play on simulation mode as I don't like the game to help me out.

Has anyone experienced the same and if so did you get it sorted out? Could you let me know what settings your using?

Many thanks in advance

Just practise mate. Takes a little time getting used to it

I dismantled my pedals yesterday and don't think you could just swap the break pedal around to the clutch. Theirs wires between each set of pedals and I very much doubt it would work as the wire is very short

I dismantled mine a week ago because of two broken springs in the accelerator pedal and I concur. You would have to rewire. It doesn't seem that easy to do. By the way, you can remove that c ring holding the shaft that goes through the pedal springs with two flat head screw drivers. That's what I did, although those pliers look much better. It's easier to get one of those large custom made brake pedals some one was selling in this forum a while back.

I dismantled mine a week ago because of two broken springs in the accelerator pedal and I concur. You would have to rewire. It doesn't seem that easy to do. By the way, you can remove that c ring holding the shaft that goes through the pedal springs with two flat head screw drivers. That's what I did, although those pliers look much better. It's easier to get one of those large custom made brake pedals some one was selling in this forum a while back.

I also used to small flat head screw drivers lol

Carson79

mitchcarino

I did this with no issues. Almost missed qualifying trying to fix it. Don't recall my steps. I do know it was plug and play. Had to hit the pedal orientation button on wheel so the clutch is now gas.

Back