The Thrustmaster T500RS Thread

• Thread starter TomN
  • 9,924 comments
PS : Where can I find this large pedal ???
416b2fab.jpg

Update of my journey using T500 RS
Received pedal replacement springs, paddle assembly and fan assembly from Thrustmaster :)
However. I have to pay for the shipment around 60EUR from france to Indonesia :(

So, I decided to dismantle the broke parts to see what is the real problem

- Done Autopsy on my dead paddle shift... found out the switch was kaput :(.. replaced, done :) Plus I add 2 more fan as mentioned by others before (thanks guys)
SU1HMDAwNDQtMjAxMjAyMTItMTI1OS5qcGc.jpg

- Still on the paddle, the chromed paddle was badly corroded :(, apply carbon-looking vinyl sticker :)
SU1HMDAwNDUtMjAxMjAyMTItMTMxOC5qcGc.jpg

SXNlbmctSXNlbmcuanBn-1.jpg

- The pedal spring... manage to found substitute from motorcycle parts:idea:.. and tried normal spring on the brake and clutch, done :)
SU1HMDI1MDQtMjAxMjAxMjgtMjMxNS5qcGc.jpg

Too bad TH8RS wasn't compatible in sequential mode for GT5.. So, now Im trying try to build additional sequential, paralleled to paddle shifter
Some basic parts I have gathered
SU1HMDAyMTAtMjAxMjA0MDgtMTU0NS5qcGc.jpg

Basically its the same mechanism with handbrake mod, but this one is using two switches.

G27 Handbrake Mod (sorry OOT)
SU1HMDAxNzYtMjAxMjAzMzEtMTcyMi5qcGc.jpg

I hope this can contribute to the community
Will update soon

Hi,
Sorry for my poor English.

I am sorry if the question was already asked, but I searched with google and I did not find an answer.

I have a big problem with the calibration of my T500rs.
When I switch on my PS3, the wheel is OK.
But when I launch GT5, the wheel does not succeed to calibrate and he makes left-right without stopping. I made firmware update (V38) and wheel is OK on my computer.

Can anyone help me ?
Thanks

Hi,
Sorry for my poor English.

I am sorry if the question was already asked, but I searched with google and I did not find an answer.

I have a big problem with the calibration of my T500rs.
When I switch on my PS3, the wheel is OK.
But when I launch GT5, the wheel does not succeed to calibrate and he makes left-right without stopping. I made firmware update (V38) and wheel is OK on my computer.

Can anyone help me ?
Thanks

Make sure physical connections are good, I mean between the wheel base, pedals, power adapter and the console.

Thanks for reply,

I check connections and when I unplugged USB port and plug it just after, it works 1 times perfectly. Then, it starts again. So, I guess that my wheel is not dead.
Should I buy an USB Hub in order to increase stability ?

Thanks for reply,

I check connections and when I unplugged USB port and plug it just after, it works 1 times perfectly. Then, it starts again. So, I guess that my wheel is not dead.
Should I buy an USB Hub in order to increase stability ?

If you're using it on the PS3, you shouldn't plug the T500RS to the console via a USB hub. In all likelihood, you'll make it less stable.

"Motorsport Simulation Consultants" Cockpit
(found on T500 Facebook page)

563445_10150776821865358_199714415357_12028717_1508855608_n.jpg

This is nice although for me nothing beats the chromoly tubing cockpit for coolness:

Rear part with fixation for Power Supply:
FrontView-1.jpg

mykem
If you're using it on the PS3, you shouldn't plug the T500RS to the console via a USB hub. In all likelihood, you'll make it less stable.

This is nice although for me nothing beats the chromoly tubing cockpit for coolness:

Chromoly is the material type not shape. As well chromoly on a rig that doesn't move is just ridiculous. The material is stronger then mild steel and used in places where structural rigidity is higher. On a rig for sim racing mild steel round tubing or even pipe would be more then suffice. ;)

Chromoly is the material type not shape. As well chromoly on a rig that doesn't move is just ridiculous. The material is stronger then mild steel and used in places where structural rigidity is higher. On a rig for sim racing mild steel round tubing or even pipe would be more then suffice. ;)

I know what chromoly is. I used to ride a bike that uses a Renolyds 853 and another that used Tange Superlight Chromoly. And "Coolness" is not something that suppose to make sense. And like I say, it's my opinion.

While we are all interested in this wheel and honest user opinions. I felt I had to not just ignore some of your recent comments. I found them quite offensive and distasteful as their is no need for this aggressive attitude nor to advocate violence.

Very OTT remarks for what is a button and I dont think everyone will agree with you it is as HUGE or MAJOR that you make it out to be. Yes good you brought it up just a pity in the way youve did it.

I cant believe you did that or even think some will see it even remotely as funny or amusing.
it was funny

T500RS Wheel Plate
SR Hardware's Thrustmaster T500 SLI Mounting System is a unique concept that finally allows T500 wheel owners to enjoy the benefits of an 'on wheel' shift light system yet still retain the original wheel and fit without drilling or modifying the standard wheel.

Built using our multi-layer construction technology from the finest materials and high quality components, this mounting system breaks new ground in add on hardware for the Thrustmaster T500 wheel! Completely pre built and assembled, the user has simply to attach the SLI-Pro or SLI-M on to the mount with the included fixings.

The mount comes complete with four modified Rotary encoders / knobs again pre fitted and ready to wire to your SLI unit, or you can simply order a fully assembled unit complete with the SLI-Pro or SLI-M installed and wired!

Fitting the unit to the T500 wheel is very straight forward. We utilise a high tech 'Adhesive gel gasket' on the bottom of the unit, whilst a see through acrylic plate mounts the top of the unit using the original screw hole for the wheel band behind the top of the wheel rim, making for a very secure fitment.

Now in stock & available on sale here:
http://simracinghardware.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=6%3Athrustmaster-t500-mounting-system&catid=3%3Awheelplate&Itemid=3

WildRun
Quick review of iRacing
(with three 46" screens -5790x1080 HiDef- + T500 + TH8)

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DieqW8M9GBA&feature=youtu.be[/url]">YouTube Link</a>

Nicely done!

tumblr_lltzgnHi5F1qzib3wo1_400.jpg

A tad pricey, tho - especially since you can't have your hand on top of the wheel anymore without cutting your fingers off. :D

Probably best to combine it with a custom MOMO wheel or so. I saw one on here recently but can't find it anymore: it was kinda blue with red buttons attached. Does anyone still have the picture and / or the name of the custom wheel?

Last edited:
I'm considering buying this wheel but I have one concern: Can you adjust the turning angle? Or is it always full 1080 degrees for all cars?

That would be a problem when racing X1, F1 and LMP cars on tight courses...
Or how you guys who are using t500 RS see it? Can I race competitively with this wheel and those kind of cars? I wouldn't like to cross my hands when turning into corners.

Cheers.

In GT5 (in the game itself) there is no possibility to adjust the angle like you do on a PC, regardless of the wheel. You can adjust steering sensivity from -2 to 7 but I never touched this option until now. So I have no idea how that works.

I own the T500 and can say, that it seems that the game do some kind of auto-adjust to the car, you are actually driving. I used it with road cars and also with the Ferrari F1 and it never felt "wrong". When driving the F1 I didn't have to turn the wheel as much as in a road car.

So if you considering a T500, I would not worry abou that. Only with Fanatec wheels you can adjust the degrees of turning (only in the wheel, not in the game).

Back