The Thrustmaster T500RS Thread

• Thread starter TomN
  • 9,924 comments
Thanks for the reply Ben, I hope it doesn't come to replacing the wheel. So far reinstalling the firmware sends to have solved the issue. I've also been shutting PS3 down directly when done in GT5, rather than quiting and then shutting it down. Quiting GT5 was when it usually went off center. I will update if things change.

mcfizzle
Thanks for the reply Ben, I hope it doesn't come to replacing the wheel. So far reinstalling the firmware sends to have solved the issue. I've also been shutting PS3 down directly when done in GT5, rather than quiting and then shutting it down. Quiting GT5 was when it usually went off center. I will update if things change.

Glad the firmware update fixed your issue 👍 I always exit GT5 allowing the wheel to go through its full calibration then shut off the PS3 as I found if you turn off the PS3 from the PS button while still in game, it gets about 2/3rd of the way through that calibration then loses power, which is opposite to what you describe? Anyway glad your wheel is fixed and you can now play hassle free.

Glad the firmware update fixed your issue 👍 I always exit GT5 allowing the wheel to go through its full calibration then shut off the PS3 as I found if you turn off the PS3 from the PS button while still in game, it gets about 2/3rd of the way through that calibration then loses power, which is opposite to what you describe? Anyway glad your wheel is fixed and you can now play hassle free.

You are correct about the 2/3rd spin and stopping. I was doing that because every time my wheel lost calibration was when exiting through the XMB. I had an online enduro today and I didn't want it to lose calibration before that so that was my way of trying to prevent it.:dunce: Now that's it's over I will exit through the XMB and see if firmware really did fix it.

hey guys,
Just wondering wether to buy the TH8RS OR the F1 Addon wheel. I need to know quick time. Unfortunatly i cnt aford to buy both atm but will get the other 4 my B'day in November

TBR97
hey guys,
Just wondering wether to buy the TH8RS OR the F1 Addon wheel. I need to know quick time. Unfortunatly i cnt aford to buy both atm but will get the other 4 my B'day in November

Sorry, what a silly question? Who else then YOU can answer it? You will have both during this year anyway. So what do YOU need more? Shifter or a second wheel rim?

hey guys,

How can anybody on this forum answer this question for you. The difference between a Manual Gearbox and Formula 1 steering wheel is very large.

Maybe next time you're playing a racing game you should check what you are most interested in. Plenty of time left before November... I think :nervous:

If you're using it on the PS3, you shouldn't plug the T500RS to the console via a USB hub. In all likelihood, you'll make it less stable.

This is nice although for me nothing beats the chromoly tubing cockpit for coolness:

Hi,

The chromoly rig is the prototype and manufatured units have started to come off the line. Trust me, if you like what you see so far, you are in for a treat. The company is being created and a website will lanch soon.

Thank you and stay tuned

Last edited:
How can anybody on this forum answer this question for you. The difference between a Manual Gearbox and Formula 1 steering wheel is very large.

Maybe next time you're playing a racing game you should check what you are most interested in. Plenty of time left before November... I think :nervous:

Sorry, i probably worded that wrong, what i meant, was: Which would you buy for yourself?

Sorry, i probably worded that wrong, what i meant, was: Which would you buy for yourself?

I have both and enjoy both, although I get more use out of the Ferrari rim. They are both quality add-ons though. Still, it's a question you need to answer. Will you get more enjoyment out of having a realistic shifter and moving through the gears, or having a somewhat authentic F1 rim? Do you enjoy formula style racing or shifting more? Tell me which of those you like more than I'll tell you what to buy.

I have both and enjoy both, although I get more use out of the Ferrari rim. They are both quality add-ons though. Still, it's a question you need to answer. Will you get more enjoyment out of having a realistic shifter and moving through the gears, or having a somewhat authentic F1 rim? Do you enjoy formula style racing or shifting more? Tell me which of those you like more than I'll tell you what to buy.

I like stick shifting, but the f1 rim could be used for F1 2011 & 2012(when released) and also LMP. However if I got the shifter, I could use it with netkar pro, iracing etc... HELP :embarrassed:

Ok, I'll help you out. Go with the Th8RS. You already have a rim, albeit GT style, so you can still play F1 games even if it's not ideal while paddles can't really replicate the feel of going through the gears on a shifter. Congratulations, you are getting a shifter for your birthday!

Ok, I'll help you out. Go with the Th8RS. You already have a rim, albeit GT style, so you can still play F1 games even if it's not ideal while paddles can't really replicate the feel of going through the gears on a shifter. Congratulations, you are getting a shifter for your birthday!

Mr mcfizzle (yes, I'll super size it), I meant to ask you if you ended up using the F1 wheel for the wrs enduro (which you won, congratz) or if you used your GT wheel?

WRP001
Mr mcfizzle (yes, I'll super size it), I meant to ask you if you ended up using the F1 wheel for the wrs enduro (which you won, congratz) or if you used your GT wheel?

Lol, thanks Mr WRP. I used the GT wheel. I started practice with the F1 but the calibration issues started after switching to GT and then I never went back.

Last edited:
MOBSIM Modded Rim for T500 RS:

Genuine leather steering wheel diameter 320 mm, with functional buttons & original quick release
(compatible PS3 & PC)

Mod-D320-03.jpg

Mod-D320.JPG

http://mobsim.net/mod-thrustmaster.html

Several pieces available for sales.

Just ask the price here:
http://mobsim.net/contact.html
JmC
Mobsim use a 320mm Momo Millenium wheel as you see above.
When we look at the picture it's probably true:
Millenium_EVO.jpg

If confirmed it's a pretty good price for this new rim :dopey:

I don't talk like that when i'm not sure.
Few rims AMK can fit the control board.
The price is about 165$(US) and 125€ and it's a great value IMHO

Gearhead37
Hi,

The chromoly rig is the prototype and manufatured units have started to come off the line. Trust me, if you like what you see so far, you are in for a treat. The company is being created and a website will lanch soon.

Thank you and stay tuned

That's good to hear. I was wondering what's up with the production.

T500RS Wheel Plate
SR Hardware's Thrustmaster T500 SLI Mounting System is a unique concept that finally allows T500 wheel owners to enjoy the benefits of an 'on wheel' shift light system yet still retain the original wheel and fit without drilling or modifying the standard wheel.

Built using our multi-layer construction technology from the finest materials and high quality components, this mounting system breaks new ground in add on hardware for the Thrustmaster T500 wheel! Completely pre built and assembled, the user has simply to attach the SLI-Pro or SLI-M on to the mount with the included fixings.

The mount comes complete with four modified Rotary encoders / knobs again pre fitted and ready to wire to your SLI unit, or you can simply order a fully assembled unit complete with the SLI-Pro or SLI-M installed and wired!

Fitting the unit to the T500 wheel is very straight forward. We utilise a high tech 'Adhesive gel gasket' on the bottom of the unit, whilst a see through acrylic plate mounts the top of the unit using the original screw hole for the wheel band behind the top of the wheel rim, making for a very secure fitment.

In stock & available on sale here:
http://simracinghardware.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=6%3Athrustmaster-t500-mounting-system&catid=3%3Awheelplate&Itemid=3

Now "Static Version" also available:

In stock here:
http://simracinghardware.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=59%3At500-static-sli-mounting-system&catid=3%3Awheelplate&Itemid=1

Hm, is such a kit available for the F1 wheel as well?

Also, does one of you guys know how I could bind a normal button to my clutch pedal? I'm not using it in F1 2011 anyway and can't set it as screenshot button in Steam right away, so if I could bind F12 to it, it'd be great. :P

Back