The Thrustmaster T500RS Thread

• Thread starter TomN
  • 9,924 comments
Me again with an upgrade: carbon mirror finish for the desk(some place for additional buttons) and matt finish for the wheel buttons.

Carbon is factory off-cut you can buy for few bucks on www.
Hand made with file; drill and a jigsaw.

Last edited:
Has anyone noticed the case housing on the t500 creeking while turning, it only happens when your turning an ffb is on. Is there away to stop it.

Has anyone noticed the case housing on the t500 creeking while turning, it only happens when your turning an ffb is on. Is there away to stop it.

I don't think any amount of enclosure dampening would stop the creaking because the T500RS housing/enclosure is made or multiple plastic parts. When you have one plastic part on top of another, any amount movement or stress to the plastic will result in friction hence the creaking.

Of course, you can move the motor, electrical and mechanical parts from the current housing into a (new) mechanically sound enclosure.

Anyone encounter any problems with the brake pedal or any other pedal simply not working? My brother picked up the T500 RS yesterday and straight out of the box the brake pedal did not function, for any games. Gonna try to plug in into the computer later to see what happens there but any help would be great.

Would do a search but it's a downright pain on my phone.

Edit: Only using it on PS3 currently.

Anyone encounter any problems with the brake pedal or any other pedal simply not working? My brother picked up the T500 RS yesterday and straight out of the box the brake pedal did not function, for any games. Gonna try to plug in into the computer later to see what happens there but any help would be great.

Would do a search but it's a downright pain on my phone.

Edit: Only using it on PS3 currently.

So I was unable to find anyone who experienced the same problem, even when hooked up to a pc the brake pedal was non-existent. My brother exchanged it yesterday for another and all is well. Amazing wheel, can't wait till the shifter he ordered comes in. 👍

Hi Guys

I just have a standard Ferrari F1 add-on wheel and one of the shifting paddles has a dodgy micro-switch and is not changing gears all that well.

What i am wanting to know is if there is a way i can get another micro-switch for it locally or are they bespoke parts for the wheel?

And is it a difficult job to replace one of these.

Just thought i would ask in case someone else has been through this.

cheers

Hi Guys

I just have a standard Ferrari F1 add-on wheel and one of the shifting paddles has a dodgy micro-switch and is not changing gears all that well.

What i am wanting to know is if there is a way i can get another micro-switch for it locally or are they bespoke parts for the wheel?

And is it a difficult job to replace one of these.

Just thought i would ask in case someone else has been through this.

cheers

My F1 rim paddle shifters are working fine but the one on the T500RS itself had a problem shifting a few weeks ago. After reading that there have been other people who has had the same issue, I emailed Thrustmaster- that the left paddle (or R1 controller) has intermittent shifting problem.

What Thrustmaster will do is ask you to run "joy.cpl" on your Windows PC to diagnose the problem.

They will probably send you a new paddle/micro-switch attachment for the specific side (although I don't know how the F1 wheel is constructed).

With the T500RS paddle shifter, it's an easy removing a few screws and disconnecting two connectors and dropping in the new paddle shifters (for both sides since they're unified). I assume it's the same process with the F1 wheel- I haven't had mine open but it seems easy enough. Or they could just send you a new wheel.

Last edited:
^^ yes.. Better claim for warranty.

Well unless you have done some mods to your wheel.

From my experience, this is the type of switch used on the standard paddle (the one on the wheel base)

SU1HMDAwNDQtMjAxMjAyMTItMTI1OS5qcGc.jpg

Notice the assembled circuit on the right

I want one And a PS3 Button box. Pity some clever person out there couldn't come up with an adapter for the T500 to be used with the Xbox 360

You could make a button box out of a old ps3 wired controller if you really wanted a button box for the ps3.👍

edit: Beautiful pictures WildRun. lol

You could make a button box out of a old ps3 wired controller if you really wanted a button box for the ps3.👍

edit: Beautiful pictures WildRun. lol

Yeah, never did anything like that before. Be worried about screwing it up :lol:

Yeah, never did anything like that before. Be worried about screwing it up :lol:

You know what would be really cool if Derek Speares made a ps3 button box i know a lot of people would be interested in that but it could only be used for gt5 i think. lol

You know what would be really cool if Derek Speares made a ps3 button box i know a lot of people would be interested in that but it could only be used for gt5 i think. lol

That would be fine with me.........GT5 is the only game compatible with triple screens :lol:

What do you guys think about a five hole pattern adapter option? I threw the idea by Derek and he is saying if enough people are interested he may start making them. This would open up a whole other option for wheels on our rigs 👍

Edit: He has a render for it already if you want to see it check out his sticky.

Last edited:
WildRun
Nice Modded T500 & TH8 with Homemade rig:
(from iRacing Forum)

Some should tell him the sides screens over the middle is less bezel then center in front of sides.

Basically you take 1" - and put it at angle like so / You have less width there.

Take note trip owners and those planning. ;)

nerves
What's/how is that wheel modded? Can you provide the list and how too?

Thank you

I had made an adapter for a guy on here about a year ago. It was to adapt a Momo wheel to the T500. Also ran across someone selling them recently. Thinking it was posted here on GTP.

I personally don't have the time right now to make any parts for SIM racing. Loaded up with work and no machine time free. Hoping to get a batch of fatty pedals done before Fall tough.

Some should tell him the sides screens over the middle is less bezel then center in front of sides.

Basically you take 1" - and put it at angle like so / You have less width there.

Take note trip owners and those planning. ;)

I've never seen it done that way before.....Might give it a go. How goes your triple set-up. Loved the triple mount you made

You can use the original wheel hub and the wheel he's used isn't a pre drilled one. So you just take the original apart and line it up over the new wheel mark the holes and drill. Another member here has already done it in this thread

Hi guys,

Just drop by to report some issue of my pedal
- Throttle and Brake pedals didn't engage fully in game
- Sometimes the brake indicator shows slight braking, especially out of corner
- When I tried the other mode (to use clutch pedal as throttle), the throttle indicator engaged full 100%

SU1HMDA0MDEtMjAxMjA2MTQtMjM1Ni5qcGc.jpg

I think there's something with the potentiometer, or another cable failure.
I will check tomorrow.

Any of you guys experienced this before ?
Comments and suggestions are highly appreciated

Thanks

Back