The Thrustmaster T500RS Thread

• Thread starter TomN
  • 9,924 comments
I did this with no issues. Almost missed qualifying trying to fix it. Don't recall my steps. I do know it was plug and play. Had to hit the pedal orientation button on wheel so the clutch is now gas.

Owens, pressing the mode button and switching the pedals around is plug and play and fairly easy to accomplish. I don't remember if it was you or somebody else who had a race coming up and discovered that their gas pedal was limp. They then switched the broken spring from the gas pedal to the clutch. This is also doable but takes more time and you have to disassemble a good chunk of the pedal set. What some one else was asking about is rewiring the pedal system so that the clutch becomes the brake so it becomes more comfortable to left foot brake. It seems to me and to another fellow that rewiring the pedals would be hard because of the small length of the wires inside the pedal base. Have you or any body else, rewired the system? If so could you elaborate on how you did it? It would be useful. Thanks

Look what my local indoor karting track is setting up...

419701_408014592546973_195378300477271_1838451_1334101359_n.jpg

Hey what sort of device is that in your hand that you're using? Too bad they did not build the clutch like the brakes whereas you can exchange the springs

Thats what I like bout the CSPs. I gave my clutch a harder resistance quite easily using a different spring.

[quick edit] Hey Frank, who are those girls in that photo? Were you at some sort of press event where they showed that cockpit or is that simply a promotional pic (that's what I'm guessing)

This other picture is better. :)
Cockpit-StockCar-Extreme-Stand-mobil.png

Hello

I recently found my T500RS had some slight horizontal movement (about 1mm) at the wheel axis. I want to dismantle it to fix it; however it seemed quite complex for the dismantlement. Any experts can adivse if it is fixable (e.g. something loosened inside) before I confirm to fix it. Thank a lot.

I recently inverted my pedals and the 4 holes on the footplate do not line up in the GT position. You have to just pick two holes. Not an issue for me as my rSeat holds the plate in place anyway but just curious if other owners also have this problem? Version 4 pedals.

lamck
Hello

I recently found my T500RS had some slight horizontal movement (about 1mm) at the wheel axis. I want to dismantle it to fix it; however it seemed quite complex for the dismantlement. Any experts can adivse if it is fixable (e.g. something loosened inside) before I confirm to fix it. Thank a lot.

I've got the same issue. From what I've read you can unscrew the 6 screws that surround the horn area, when the wheel is removed there should be 4 screws that most likely need to be tightened.

I haven't gotten the courage to remove the wheel yet, I'm still nervous since the time I took my DFGT pedals a part to fix a sticking brake pedal, when I got the base off the pedal housing a bunch of springs and parts all popped out. I had to have a buddy put it back together.

I don't want that to happen to my wheel. :)

Hello

There's four screws that get loose. Just take off the wheel rim and tighten them. Piece of cake. I've done it about 10 times already in about a year. I'm thinking about buying some Locktite but I keep forgetting when I'm in Home Depot.

Ken30NYC
There's four screws that get loose. Just take off the wheel rim and tighten them. Piece of cake. I've done it about 10 times already in about a year. I'm thinking about buying some Locktite but I keep forgetting when I'm in Home Depot.

Ken, I tried this tonight and the only screws I found were behind the plastic piece that is held on by six screws after the wheel is removed. Those screws weren't loose but I slightly snugged them up anyway. That's all I found Are there more screws that I'm missing because even after I tightened those four screws and the 6 that hold the wheel on I've still got a wobble.

Thanks for any tips!

Ken, I tried this tonight and the only screws I found were behind the plastic piece that is held on by six screws after the wheel is removed. Those screws weren't loose but I slightly snugged them up anyway. That's all I found Are there more screws that I'm missing because even after I tightened those four screws and the 6 that hold the wheel on I've still got a wobble.

Thanks for any tips!

Hello Ken

I tried it tonight too but as JSW found, there were no screws loosened. I carefully inspected the wheel axie and found the movement started deep inside and along a white-rectangle-shaped axie.

There was no room to check the causes without completely dismantle the case. Any other suggestion? Thanks.

Update - It's done and the wheel feels brand new again!

It's super easy and takes just a minute or two.

Cheers!

Back