400PP Nordschleife Shootout

• Thread starter CSLACR
  • 1,639 comments
That is a good way to do it. :D

You should be high enough level to do the AMG special event as well. That will be a big help since it splits it into 4 sectors and you can concentrate on it 2 minutes at a time. I think the 300SL is higher PP but shouldn't be far off.

Hm will try that aswell then :)

Also keep in mind that different drivetrains will mandate different driving lines and in some cases different driving styles. I'd suggest testing cars in groups based on drivetrain so you get into a rhythm with a particular line.

Also keep in mind that different drivetrains will mandate different driving lines and in some cases different driving styles. I'd suggest testing cars in groups based on drivetrain so you get into a rhythm with a particular line.

Yeah, figured i dont really like FR

Maybe I'm naive, or feel sorry for the testers (20+ tunes to test at the 'Ring :scared: ), but why not post your tune to help out the testers? It's a lot to ask of them to run this track in our slow cars and the pressure not to make a mistake, we just might kill them. When my car is done I will post it so testing can start, not to stress the testers too much. Just my two cents. :dopey:

This make sense. Ok i will post my tune in a few and put my car on share.
It is a TOYOTA MR2 G-LIMITED 1997 - This is my faster car , 8.23´ ,fast and now after some fine tuning , easy to drive.

><(((((°>°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

I also suggest none of the serious drivers and tuners put the time the get with their car, else every tuner that had their car on share before and that are tested already will change to be able to beat ur time.. and that, the testers dont want :P

It is a TOYOTA MR2 G-LIMITED 1997 - This is my faster car , 8.23´ ,fast and now after some fine tuning , easy to drive.

><(((((°>°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

Seems like MR is the way most people are going for this actually. I'm one of them. :D

I've only done an 8:41 in my car but may I remind you, it's me driving. :lol: Lap had next to no contact, only minor mistake was a light tap on the exit of the Karussell.

I also suggest none of the serious drivers and tuners put the time the get with their car, else every tuner that had their car on share before and that are tested already will change to be able to beat ur time.. and that, the testers dont want :P
I'm a fast tuner not driver!:lol:

Praiano is at least 30 sec faster than me with any given car on this track.

If you look at my Ring Masters challenge thread praiano has his name as a winner on most of the challenges.

Most tuners use times from other tuners and test drivers as benchmarks to see if they are in the ballpark with a given car/tune.

Also once a tune for a car is posted it is generally considered final until after the event which is another reason people feel reluctant to post their tunes early.

The 97 MR2 is quick. I have one for 450pp online racing but I forgot to check it for this. If thats the car you are going with i wont submit one, but i will tune one to see where my car is losing time. :)

It's pretty much a given that a MR will post the top time in the hands of an expert, but unless they are tamed they won't do well in the hands of testers.

but unless they are tamed they won't do well in the hands of testers.

Which is why I bothered to tame mine overall in advance.

If you saw the cars I chose on the first page, then it should be down to just two cars I haven't discounted yet. :P

This make sense. Ok i will post my tune in a few and put my car on share.

><(((((°>°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

I too, in the interests of lightening the load, will get my car posted up as soon as I can. Possibly by Friday afternoon, still got a couple of cars to look at.

Seems like MR is the way most people are going for this actually. I'm one of them. :D

I've only done an 8:41 in my car but may I remind you, it's me driving. :lol: Lap had next to no contact, only minor mistake was a light tap on the exit of the Karussell.

Most. Some of us resolutely refuse to follow trends. This is the only event we've had, other than the dedicated one and the rally one that FWD stands a chance of shiny through. That and I'm a pig headed fool :sly:

I'm a fast tuner not driver!:lol:

Praiano is at least 30 sec faster than me with any given car on this track.

If you look at my Ring Masters challenge thread praiano has his name as a winner on most of the challenges.

Most tuners use times from other tuners and test drivers as benchmarks to see if they are in the ballpark with a given car/tune.

Also once a tune for a car is posted it is generally considered final until after the event which is another reason people feel reluctant to post their tunes early.

This. Know your place in the grand scheme and try to maintain consistency. Nobody is going to judge your time against the next person's, just drive each car as hard as you can and most importantly, enjoy yourself...

{Cy}

This. Know your place in the grand scheme and try to maintain consistency. Nobody is going to judge your time against the next person's, just drive each car as hard as you can and most importantly, enjoy yourself...

+1

Before I came to GTP I thought I was fast. Then you meet guys like Praiano and CSL and the guys in the higher divisions of the WRS and they make you look like you're walking the course at a leisurely pace. :embarrassed:

Just put in the best lap you are capable of and accept that some folks will be faster and some will be slower. Having a slower time, especially in comparison to some of the finalists and other folks that did well in GT Academy, is in no way a bad thing. GTP has a bunch of quick drivers! :dopey:

TOYOTA MR2 G-LIMITED 1997 // 400PP // COMFORT SOFT TIRES // ONLINE OK

This car was specially tuned for the 400PP Nordschleife Shootout from Milady CSLACR. First i was not sure to present this tune , it was fast but difficult to drive hard . Then i went online , like i always do for a normal tune and only there i have found enough sensations on the wheel , to correct some little things and let the car easy easy like a Mitsubishi Lancer on race soft tires. :nervous::scared: . Very good top speed also. Hope it will have a good result. This is already my personal favorite 400 PP street car racer.

IMG_1546.jpg

NrburgringNordschleife_61.jpg

CAR ON SHARE

Enjoy your drive.​

Last edited:

Don´t worry my friend, if you think i´m fast, sure you will see some really fast people in this shootout ,a DIV 1 GOLD E.T for example , or madame CSLACR .
Do your best, enjoy and have fun, like i do and like most of the people do. This is the best game in the world !!!!

Thx praiano! :)

Id like to give my opinion... :)

For tuners, dont post any car until you are sure its THE car/cars you will send for this shootout.
What we should do, (testers), is NOT post any comments or lap time info about the car until the tuners deadline.

This way we can start driving the cars that are ready, and it will not give hint to other tuners as to which car is best etc... and it will not confuse anyone as to wich car are ''400PP shootout ready''

I visit the thread once a day and its already hard to see if theres some cars ready, or its just teaser cars. :)

I dont know if it sound logic, let me know what you think.

I dont see anything bad to let the tuner of the car know by PM what time i did, as long as he keep it for himself until the tuner deadline.

:)

For tuners, dont post any car until you are sure its THE car/cars you will send for this shootout.
What we should do, (testers), is NOT post any comments or lap time info about the car until the tuners deadline.

This way we can start driving the cars that are ready, and it will not give hint to other tuners as to which car is best etc... and it will not confuse anyone as to wich car are ''400PP shootout ready''

I visit the thread once a day and its already hard to see if theres some cars ready, or its just teaser cars. :)

I dont see anything bad to let the tuner of the car know by PM what time i did, as long as he keep it for himself until the tuner deadline.

[CSLACR - OP
While test drivers are free to start as soon as tunes/cars are available, test drivers are asked not to post any times until the tuning deadline has arrived.
If any test driver needs to post reviews earlier, they may PM me their review/times before deadline, in which case I will make their reviews post for them after the deadline. (I know from experience trying to remember or write everything down can be a serious pain )
👍

Finally, an excuse to drive the MR2. :)

mike_gt3

That is what I was kinda getting at. If a tuners car is ready why wait? Help the testers, this is hard work. If and when I can start testing to find my car I will post it so testers can start. It's a long track and alot of time to spend in cars that max out at 140MPH,that will take a long time. As in the OP testers do not post times till after the deadline , but I see no problem in posting "early "(as a tuner) to make sure All... I repeat... ALL the testers can submit times. This is the most work any tester has to go through so far, lets help them out. :dopey:

Sorry, back into my cave

lol

The worst part is i remember now ive read that in the rules :ouch:

I did a little test drive of the MR2, did 2 laps just to get used to it. :)
it will be fun testings! :dopey:

Okay I'm 99% sure I've found my car. If I can get it to handle the way I want it should be a real contender. I almost didn't test it since I only had one 0/0 copy (been looking for a second one with low mileage for months now:grumpy:) but decided this was as good a time as any to give it a go. Once I saw the numbers I really didn't expect it to be a top contender...until I got it on the ring, then it surprised me big time!:embarrassed: Best part for me is I doubt many if any other tuners even give it a test.:D

Oh and krenkme you better check the insurance policies on the test drivers...my secret weapon is toping 140mph in the second sector and over 150 on the long straight at the end.:bowdown::gtpflag:

Volkswagen Lupo GTI Nurburgring Edition

Well, here is my second shootout attempt, A Volkswagen Lupo GTI. I chose this car because its light and quick on its feet and due to the Nurburgring been an ever changing track, its easy to change the driving style within the lap to suit the different sections. It handles very easy with not a lot of body roll and for an FF car, It doesn't under-steer too bad (if you brake before the corners that is). Anyway, I'm not looking to win, just to do well and see how I can improve this little beastie.

The Tune

IMG_0213.jpg

NrburgringNordschleife_3.jpg

NrburgringNordschleife_1.jpg

Quite a common thing if you loose the slightest bit of concentration

NrburgringNordschleife_2.jpg

Its shared :) Test away

Cykosis&#8230;Y U FORGET TO TEST AGAIN?! :lol:

Meh&#8230;don't really care, I'm going to lose to the MR2s and Lupos anyway. I hope not&#8230;but chances are&#8230;

Onboy123
Cykosis&hellip;Y U FORGET TO TEST AGAIN?! :lol:

Meh&hellip;don't really care, I'm going to lose to the MR2s and Lupos anyway. I hope not&hellip;but chances are&hellip;

No fear, krenkme is here...for you to "Beat"... :dopey:.

All I need is to get home to start testing :scared:

Onboy123
Cykosis&hellip;Y U FORGET TO TEST AGAIN?! :lol:

Meh&hellip;don't really care, I'm going to lose to the MR2s and Lupos anyway. I hope not&hellip;but chances are&hellip;

Dunno like, that long straight kills the lupo nearly. I have it so it's strongest point Is cornering seen as the nurburgring has more corners than straights

Dunno like, that long straight kills the lupo nearly. I have it so it's strongest point Is cornering seen as the nurburgring has more corners than straights
That's where I'm struggling a bit as the cars a little oversteery at the moment so its easy to give it a little to much correction and next thing you know your off the track.:drool:

Trying to get it tightened up just enough so drivers feel confident on corner entry and mid corners, exit is very good as is. But I currently find myself either being to timid entering corners or overcooking them and trying to save mid corner.:dunce:

My sedan is topping out at a little over 130mph by the end of the straight, approaching 140 on the downhill afterward. I'm not too worried about giving up some speed here if I can make it handle the rest of the course well. I don't think it will be the biggest deciding factor here.

sheephead99
Volkswagen Lupo GTI Nurburgring Edition

WTF? Why is The Stig driving your Lupo?! That's not fair! :D

Last edited:
XDesperado67
That's where I'm struggling a bit as the cars a little oversteery at the moment so its easy to give it a little to much correction and next thing you know your off the track.:drool:

Trying to get it tightened up just enough so drivers feel confident on corner entry and mid corners, exit is very good as is. But I currently find myself either being to timid entering corners or overcooking them and trying to save mid corner.:dunce:

Never know the tiny little tweaks to the suspension and things may just win it for you lol. The oversteer will be making you live up to the 'wallbanger' title :P

DigitalBaka
My sedan is topping out at a little over 130mph by the end of the straight, approaching 140 on the downhill afterward. I'm not too worried about giving up some speed here if I can make it handle the rest of the course well. I don't think it will be the biggest deciding factor here.

WTF? Why is The Stig driving your Lupo?! That's not fair! :D

Some say he does like driving little German cars and that he will not be beaten by some silly Japanese mid engined car from the 90's! :P lol

sheephead99
Some say he does like driving little German cars and that he will not be beaten by some silly Japanese mid engined car from the 90's! :P lol

:lol:👍

Back