400PP Nordschleife Shootout

• Thread starter CSLACR
  • 1,639 comments
Don't you ever sleep? :dopey:

I'll test it when I get home. I need some sort of bench mark to shoot for.

I'll give his car a run too, once I find some free time. I've got a Mazda on share if you want a bench mark. It's not my fastest, but it's only a few seconds behind, good for a 8:34 in my hands. If it had an extra cog in the gearbox, I'm sure it would be as fast as my current favourite. In many ways, they're very similar cars...

{Cy}

CyKosis1973
I'll give his car a run too, once I find some free time. I've got a Mazda on share if you want a bench mark. It's not my fastest, but it's only a few seconds behind, good for a 8:34 in my hands. If it had an extra cog in the gearbox, I'm sure it would be as fast as my current favourite. In many ways, they're very similar cars...

{Cy}

I hope you keep it on share for awhile. Not quite sure when I'll get home. :odd:

Alright so right now we have 2 tuners that are ready?

Sheephead99 and onboy or am I mistaken ?

( just need to know for sure as im really putting to much effort in those excel sheets lol and since everone is a new face here for me aswell and peoples dont have the same PSN as forum name, makes it a bit harder.

Alright so right now we have 2 tuners that are ready?

Sheephead99 and onboy or am I mistaken ?

( just need to know for sure as im really putting to much effort in those excel sheets lol and since everone is a new face here for me aswell and peoples dont have the same PSN as forum name, makes it a bit harder.

I´m ready but i will publish my tune only close to deadline. Earlier if Madame CSLACR change this date??? Need to check how is everybody with their cars....

><(((((°>°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

I´m ready but i will publish my tune only close to deadline. Earlier if Madame CSLACR change this date??? Need to check how is everybody with their cars....

Alright well I add you already :D

Same here. My car is ready but I'll wait to publish it.

Maybe I'm naive, or feel sorry for the testers (20+ tunes to test at the 'Ring :scared: ), but why not post your tune to help out the testers? It's a lot to ask of them to run this track in our slow cars and the pressure not to make a mistake, we just might kill them. When my car is done I will post it so testing can start, not to stress the testers too much. Just my two cents. :dopey:

My car is probably done. Not sold on the 5-speed just yet but it feels good. Gonna keep looking until folks start posting but I've already got everything ready to go. :)

With publish do you mean sharing on PSN or post the whole tuning setting on the forum? I kind of hope for the second on :P

I've just found an extra 5 horses in my engine by switching some parts around and it seems to have made setup more stable. Managed to shave 6 seconds off my time too.

It's not as fast as other cars here but that could be down to my driving and lack of tuning knowledge.

Lap time: 8'42.820

The car is set on share, so it's ready to be tested.

Last edited:
I have a 400PP 5 Turbo painted Red on share if any drivers want to roll on the wild side of things while familiarizing themselves with the course.:crazy:

I promise my eventual entry will be an easier drive...well at least I hope the test drivers will find it so!:odd::lol:

I'm starting to think I'm not going to do so well in this anymore lol sub 8:30's in my car will be an achievement. Might have to have another play about :(

I'm starting to think I'm not going to do so well in this anymore lol sub 8:30's in my car will be an achievement. Might have to have another play about :(

Idk how they do it tough, well now u see the big gap between a newbie playing GT for a few days (me) and the pros here.. 30 sec different on the nordschleife with the same car and settings lol .. damn

I could see a good driver hitting 8:40 I got something like 8:46 and a really pushed it and I've been playing gt5 since it came out lol. Well we'll see :)

My best time so far, is 9.07 , meh altough i have to admit the last one i playd is a beast, just need time to get used to it a bit , harder to handle then the others but potentially better i suppose, the others are more friendly for noobs , and since im a noob here, they might haven an advantage lol :P

Thing is I dont drive that bad, im just not good on this long track due to the fact of me being new, im bond to make a mistake or two once in a while and usually medium to big ones wich eats a few seconds thats where at least 20 seconds go on each lap lol :P

This shootout should give you some good experience, Goldian.

Yes, it does. its actually quiet hardcore as a first shootout to be honest :crazy:

By the way, I your car is not really easy for me to manage but will try to get used to it more, can tell you i had the best time with it so far

EDIT. Desperado, your turbo 5 rocks :P

Yes, it does. its actually quiet hardcore as a first shootout to be honest :crazy:

By the way, I your car is not really easy for me to manage but will try to get used to it more, can tell you i had the best time with it so far

Thanks I thought it showed promise at first but I've got several cars that are both faster and easier to control so figured I'd share the French Firecracker to show how larry a 400PP car can get.:D

Don't push the AW11 too much, otherwise it will bite. When I ran it earlier on after tweaking the setup, I found it to be easy to catch the slides and I even managed a few 4 wheel drifts with it.

Thanks I thought it showed promise at first but I've got several cars that are both faster and easier to control so figured I'd share the French Firecracker to show how larry a 400PP car can get.:D

To honest the Turbo wasnt THAT hard to handle, mind the mistakes i did, but comparing to other cars it was still a great car and well its a Renault 5 Turbo , should win the prize of most epic car in this contest ;)

The french one will be your entry?

Don't push the AW11 too much, otherwise it will bite. When I ran it earlier on after tweaking the setup, I found it to be easy to catch the slides and I even managed a few 4 wheel drifts with it.

Yeah, it was lots of fun, its the car i had most fun with so far, except if Desperado puts his Renault has entry, but I doubt :crazy:

Ill come back to your car once im used to the track a bit, i want to be close to 8.40 at least with some of the cars in this contest

To honest the Turbo wasnt THAT hard to handle, mind the mistakes i did, but comparing to other cars it was still a great car and well its a Renault 5 Turbo , should win the prize of most epic car in this contest ;)

The french one will be your entry?
Nope its not fast enough and to hard to control...:(

goldian
My best time so far, is 9.07 , meh altough i have to admit the last one i playd is a beast, just need time to get used to it a bit , harder to handle then the others but potentially better i suppose, the others are more friendly for noobs , and since im a noob here, they might haven an advantage lol :P

Thing is I dont drive that bad, im just not good on this long track due to the fact of me being new, im bond to make a mistake or two once in a while and usually medium to big ones wich eats a few seconds thats where at least 20 seconds go on each lap lol :P

Im glad Im not the only one running around 9 minute mark.

With publish do you mean sharing on PSN or post the whole tuning setting on the forum? I kind of hope for the second on :P

If you check the FITT sticky at the top of the tuning forum you can see how the other shootouts have gone in the archives. 👍

The tunes will be posted here in the forum in some way. Folks like me will post the setup in this thread while those with garages will usually post the setup there and link to it here. CSL will (most likely) get all the tunes/setups linked in the first post to make them easy to find.

As a tester, you'll want to keep all of your info in one post as well. All you really need to keep track of is the fastest time for each tuner. Anything else you want to keep track of is great but fastest lap is minimum. Again, check on the archives to see how it has been handled in the past. You can make up your own format for your post and just edit/add in times as you test each car.

A suggestion for testers. Obviously, the track is long and complex. What I have done in the past is to find a car in similar PP range to those you'll be testing and run some practice. I did this for Laguna Seca and it really helped to learn how the track comes at you in a similar speed range and time. Since there is going to be a lot to test it should help to level the playing field so the first few cars aren't being used to learn the course. Just my two cr. :dopey:

Thanks for the help mate,

Right now im just keeping track of those that are in my Flist and wich not and those that i tested already

My biggest concern right now is not having every tuner in my F-list.

Well to learn the track what i did was the driving licenses concerning the nurburgring then i just took the first tuners sharing their 400pp cars and went on the track with it, ill just come back to them before our deadline to give them some fairness

That is a good way to do it. :D

You should be high enough level to do the AMG special event as well. That will be a big help since it splits it into 4 sectors and you can concentrate on it 2 minutes at a time. I think the 300SL is higher PP but shouldn't be far off.

Back