400PP Nordschleife Shootout

• Thread starter CSLACR
  • 1,639 comments
There are two weeks to test. If you can discipline yourself to do one our two each night it isn't so bad. At least that is what I'm gonna tell myself until I'm sick of seeing green. :yuck:

In other news, completely blitzed my former front runner in a family car. :odd: Being about 10-15 seconds off the quick guys is good enough for me. :sly:👍 Gonna keep going with some more cars though. Maybe by the end I'll have a bunch to put up.

I would like to enter, but need a host. The host would get any and all prizes awarded. I'll pm the car and all of its parts/settings.

I've got a Vauxhall VX220 on share that's quite a bit of fun. Breaches the PP limit and frankly is off the pace by some margin. Still a lot of fun on these tyres though.

I've found another potential contender and it could be a tough call between it and my current beau. As it is, I've put a legal 8:37 in and at least three times against that ghost, I've lost a 1-1.5 second lead. So I think it's good for a low 8:33-8:34. Both cars are sat at, or around, 180bhp and 1100kg. Seems like a sweet spot for me at the moment. I've got a couple of cars that are around the 200bhp/1200kg mark, I think a properly built car in that category will give my cars a bit of a battering...

I would like to enter, but need a host. The host would get any and all prizes awarded. I'll pm the car and all of its parts/settings.

I can host for you, if you'd like 👍

{Cy}

I've found another potential contender and it could be a tough call between it and my current beau. As it is, I've put a legal 8:37 in and at least three times against that ghost, I've lost a 1-1.5 second lead. So I think it's good for a low 8:33-8:34. Both cars are sat at, or around, 180bhp and 1100kg. Seems like a sweet spot for me at the moment. I've got a couple of cars that are around the 200bhp/1200kg mark, I think a properly built car in that category will give my cars a bit of a battering...

{Cy}

180hp and 1100kg? How much (or rather, how little) torque does it have…? Is torque even given a consideration in the PP system anyway?

And I have the ugly duckling on share for the 'Ring junkies to kill themselves in test. :lol:

180hp and 1100kg? How much (or rather, how little) torque does it have…? Is torque even given a consideration in the PP system anyway?

And I have the ugly duckling on share for the 'Ring junkies to kill themselves in test. :lol:

I thought torque might have been more important than it seems. My lead car only has 20kgfm. I say only, because I have cars that have more and are slower. The Mazda I have on share, for instance. 25kgfm and still a few seconds slower (a few seconds isn't much at this track, but it's enough). I'm finding a 6 speed gearbox is essential and a good balance of weight and power. If my car isn't pulling all the way up the big hill, then I'm on to the next one...

{Cy}

For those that have already added me.. my Honda CR-X is currently shared. I've run it in the upper 8 minutes around the 'ring an d it still needs a bit of work but it's hella fun!

that hill is a right pain in the ass. i shift into 6th and it just stops gaining speed. I dont wanna mess about with the ratios either cos they are perfect for the rest of the course. Hmmm this is harder than i thought

that hill is a right pain in the ass. i shift into 6th and it just stops gaining speed. I dont wanna mess about with the ratios either cos they are perfect for the rest of the course. Hmmm this is harder than i thought

Got to be pulling in the region of 110-113mph by the time I hit the first right hander, up the hill. Tiny lift for the next left hander, keeping it at 100mph and then build speed all the way to the top.

I've got a car that hits even higher speeds than that, 117mph by the same first right hander. Just can't get it to stick in the corners as well as the shorter wheelbase cars. You're all in trouble if I do get it working :mischievous:

{Cy}

Didn't want to say anything when people jumped on the idea of testing just the first two sections, but to me the hill leading up to the carousel and the long straight at the end are the make or break sectors. You have to be able to pull that hill and maintain a fairly high speed while doing so and you need good top end on that straight. Both sections can cost a lot more time than you can make up around the curves on the other sectors.

That hill seems to be where having good torque pays off as I can see a real difference between cars that have decent torque and those that favor HP. The higher torque cars pull it a lot better.

Got to be pulling in the region of 110-113mph by the time I hit the first right hander, up the hill. Tiny lift for the next left hander, keeping it at 100mph and then build speed all the way to the top.

I've got a car that hits even higher speeds than that, 117mph by the same first right hander. Just can't get it to stick in the corners as well as the shorter wheelbase cars. You're all in trouble if I do get it working :mischievous:

{Cy}

I think I have it sorted, its pulling quite well and i haven't had to sacrifice too much. I actually have a lot of confidence in this now :) look out everyone :P

That hill seems to be where having good torque pays off as I can see a real difference between cars that have decent torque and those that favor HP. The higher torque cars pull it a lot better.

What sort of figures are you seeing for your better cars..?? I think it perhaps relates to gearboxes and specific cars, but my fastest effort has less torque than the next nearest (20kgfm vs 25kgfm), odd :indiff:

{Cy}

PS - Does anybody know how I can get MPH and lb/ft displayed at the same time..?? kgfm means nothing to me and I can't be arsed converting every time...

What sort of figures are you seeing for your better cars..?? I think it perhaps relates to gearboxes and specific cars, but my fastest effort has less torque than the next nearest (20kgfm vs 25kgfm), odd :indiff:

{Cy}

PS - Does anybody know how I can get MPH and lb/ft displayed at the same time..?? kgfm means nothing to me and I can't be arsed converting every time...
My current fastest car is running about 166HP and 165ft-lb torque and weighs 980kg. Second or third fastest is around 1200kg and is 190hp 190ftlb torque. Those two and a third that I forget the numbers to are several seconds faster than any of the other cars I've tested.

For displaying HP and torque try making sure your game is set to display mph/imperial units and not kph/metric of course you may be stuck with a regional thing as some people seem to show ft-lbs with kph and some show kgfm so don't know...:drool:

{Cy}

Change the units to miles in the options. 👍

Did anyone have a chance to try my ugly duckling yet?

doesn't he need to psot his tune before you test it? I have a car you can test even though its not my entry. Its just a nice litte car to get you used to the track :)

doesn't he need to psot his tune before you test it? I have a car you can test even though its not my entry. Its just a nice litte car to get you used to the track :)

It's just some quick laps to get the initial feel for the entries before you actually start, so he knows how to drive it when it comes to the actual test. I think.

Is it a Pug 106?

Prizes: (CSLACR not eligible)
Tuners - Fastest will be determined by the average laps of all test drivers.
Fastest total time: 1 prize from list.
Most fun car: 1 prize from list.

Testers - Total Time is combined time for all cars.
Fastest total time: 1 prize from list.
Fastest lap: 1 prize from list.

I have a question on that part;

The fastest total time , total time combined for all cars etc , how do you calculate that? If not everone drove the same amount of cars or laps?

Lets say driver A Tested 20 cars and did 5 laps on each. lets assume his total time would be 5 hours (just as example)
And Driver B tested 18 cars on 2 laps his total time is 2 hours.

Driver B has the least amount of total time, he wins?

Sorry just got a bit confused there, and im planning on doing 3 laps per car, i think thats enough :P I can still go back to all the cars and do an extra 2 laps tough.

Onboy123
It's just some quick laps to get the initial feel for the entries before you actually start, so he knows how to drive it when it comes to the actual test. I think.

Is it a Pug 106?

No my pug 106 has 480pp and I can't get it low enough. It's an abarth punto. I don't feel it has the handling for a good time round the ring so it's not my entry.

No my pug 106 has 480pp and I can't get it low enough. It's an abarth punto. I don't feel it has the handling for a good time round the ring so it's not my entry.

Removing parts?

Oh…that little thing. I like it. :D I've tuned one for 400PP too, it's fairly good at being a city runabout, being light and agile and all, but I like my ugly duckling more. :D

goldian
I have a question on that part;

The fastest total time , total time combined for all cars etc , how do you calculate that? If not everone drove the same amount of cars or laps?

Lets say driver A Tested 20 cars and did 5 laps on each. lets assume his total time would be 5 hours (just as example)
And Driver B tested 18 cars on 2 laps his total time is 2 hours.

Driver B has the least amount of total time, he wins?

Sorry just got a bit confused there, and im planning on doing 3 laps per car, i think thats enough :P I can still go back to all the cars and do an extra 2 laps tough.

A tester has to test ALL the cars, a select there fastest lap per car. So if you run 5 laps per car, and driver B runs 2 laps per car, should not matter because you take your fastest lap.

I think that's right. :dopey:

A tester has to test ALL the cars, a select there fastest lap per car. So if you run 5 laps per car, and driver B runs 2 laps per car, should not matter because you take your fastest lap.

I think that's right. :dopey:

Ah cool well that solves all of my concerns then i think :P
I dont think I have any more "problems" i ran trough, but ill be sure to ask in here if I do about the event.

When is your car going to be ready euh? :P

goldian
I dont think I have any more "problems" i ran trough, but ill be sure to ask in here if I do about the event.

Once I get home and do some testing 👍. Hopefully in the next few days

You'd get used to it very quickly. It's just finding the motivation for the retests that screw you over.

What have Krenkme been feeding you?! He's bribing you to make him look good, that's it! :lol: How come all the new guys go to Clueless, rather than to our madhouse? :lol:

Edit: Erm…LineR32, shoot me a FR on PSN, I'll try your MR2, I need to drive something as a benchmark.

What have Krenkme been feeding you?! He's bribing you to make him look good, that's it! :lol:

How come all the new guys go to Clueless, rather than to our madhouse? :lol:

Its all about the milk and cookies , Krenkme even ships them over to me using UPS ....:sly:

My current fastest car is running about 166HP and 165ft-lb torque and weighs 980kg. Second or third fastest is around 1200kg and is 190hp 190ftlb torque. Those two and a third that I forget the numbers to are several seconds faster than any of the other cars I've tested.

For displaying HP and torque try making sure your game is set to display mph/imperial units and not kph/metric of course you may be stuck with a regional thing as some people seem to show ft-lbs with kph and some show kgfm so don't know...:drool:

So your fastest car has similar levels of torque to mine, but you're also carrying less weight and have a little less power. Should be interesting. 980kg sounds like a MR drivetrain to me :sly:

I have MPH displayed for speed, but torque is displayed in metric, for some reason. I'll try setting the units to km and then back to miles to see if it displays everything in imperial.

Change the units to miles in the options. 👍

Did anyone have a chance to try my ugly duckling yet?

Not tried your car, didn't know it was up. I'll have a look at it later, if I can pry my wife away from the TV...

{Cy}

Back