400PP Nordschleife Shootout

• Thread starter CSLACR
  • 1,639 comments
Totally offtopic, Since i now live 2 months in germany with my gf that lives here since for ever,

In boos (eifel) We live 5 km from the nurburgring and only went once to check the track :P cant wait for F1... finally, im from belgium so im used to SPA francorchamp and Zolder, finally another track :P

After having read the rest of the first post,

I would like to take part of this as a test driver

Altough im new to GT5 and this whole sharing thing, any further info that i might need can be sent trough pm :)

Thanks!

PSN: Goldiann (GMT +1)

Last edited:
Good to have you, Goldian!

The only thing you need to do for the moment is to add the tuners to your PSN friend list. When testing starts, you go to 'Profile' in your GT Home and select the specific car from each tuner to borrow. Then run it around and record your times and a few thoughts on the car. Rinse, repeat for the rest of the tuners. :D:tup:

Side note: had a quick run in another car on my lunch break and ran within half a second of my mostly tuned first choice. Had to tell on a track like this if I am getting better at the driving or if it's the changes to the car. :banghead:

All Tuners are in my friendlist.

Tuners yet to test:

Motor City Hami - PSN: MotorCtyHamilton
SolidSnake7735 - PSN: SolidSnake7735
MrGrado - PSN: MrGrado
Cowboys965/PSN: Cowboys965

Last edited:
Think I've found the slowest 400PP car!:D

Really to bad as well as it looks great with those tricked out wheels just wish I could mount a big wing on it to complete the absurdity.:lol:

Yes PD's formula for figuring PP sees an epic fail once more...in fact this may go beyond epic.

Take one Fiat 500F '65 from the UCD. Give it an engine overhaul and then throw everything on it and fully lighten it.

Car ends up at 478kg, 76hp, 74ft-lb torque and 401PP bring power limiter to 99.7% and your at 400PP with no change in HP or torque.

On a good downhill run you might see 110mph...we don't talk about speed on the uphill climbs as you can practically get out and run faster.:lol: As for 0-60mph times I think that's measured in minutes not seconds though I haven't really tried to "optimize" the transmission.:odd:

Yep. The pp system does not do well with vehicles way outside the optimal weight range for a given pp.

XDesperado67
Think I've found the slowest 400PP car!:D

Really to bad as well as it looks great with those tricked out wheels just wish I could mount a big wing on it to complete the absurdity.:lol:

Yes PD's formula for figuring PP sees an epic fail once more...in fact this may go beyond epic.

Take one Fiat 500F '65 from the UCD. Give it an engine overhaul and then throw everything on it and fully lighten it.

Car ends up at 478kg, 76hp, 74ft-lb torque and 401PP bring power limiter to 99.7% and your at 400PP with no change in HP or torque.

On a good downhill run you might see 110mph...we don't talk about speed on the uphill climbs as you can practically get out and run faster.:lol: As for 0-60mph times I think that's measured in minutes not seconds though I haven't really tried to "optimize" the transmission.:odd:

Yes, I concur. I thought it might be fun to see what a Subaru 360, or a G4 might do at 400pp... :confused:. About the same, SLOW!!!!

But if you tune a Honda, Nissan, Toyota, ect... it will always be better :mad:. One of the main reasons I was holding out of this Comp. But it is still a game, and now , when I get home, I will try to find that Ugly weird car that the testers will "love" :dopey:

None of the tuners are ready yet? ;) Testers are waiting impatiently to test all of the 10+ cars on a 8-9 min track !!

Heading for the sacks, goodnight all!

Those that I couldn´t add due to their friendlist being full*
Rotary Junkie - PSN: RJs_RX-7
VTiRoj - PSN: RoJJieE
Onboy123- PSN: Onboy123

Well isn't that a surprise. :lol: I'll add you once I've broken somebody's heart by deleting them from my list. 👍

None of the tuners are ready yet? ;) Testers are waiting impatiently to test all of the 10+ cars on a 8-9 min track !!

Try 20+ cars and tuners are either still testing cars or else playing it tight with their choice of entry to presumably keep those still searching from jumping on their choice.:odd::D

Haha, alright cool :) Just tell me when ur car is ready

You know there's over 10 days remaining until the tuner deadline right? Be patient! :P But sure, I'll put my Insight on share overnight for you or any tester that wants to drive a non-serious car for a while. :D

Lol 20 cars assuming u need at least 5 laps a car ( real minimum) to get a descent time i guess ..

lets say everage is 9 min

20x9= 180 mins

Good thing we dont have all of the cars at once :P
(Making excel sheets for this shootout, each tuner has its own excel sheet lol) Else i wont be able to keep everything in mind since we cant post the results directly :P

PS: Vti, if youre from the UK you should have the same timezone as I have, shouldnt u be sleeping? lol

Last edited:
I hope the tuners will wait for the deadline, and keep their setup private until the release, id hate to drive 10 identical car with almost the same tune :yuck:

:D

PS: Vitt, if youre from the UK you should have the same timezone as I have, shouldnt u be sleeping? lol

Germany is an hour ahead of the UK, so shouldn't you be sleeping? :sly: And I'm a grown man dammit, I'll sleep when I'm tired! :lol:

Germany is an hour ahead of the UK, so shouldn't you be sleeping? :sly: And I'm a grown man dammit, I'll sleep when I'm tired! :lol:

Ah it is? Well no clue lol, i used to live in Belgium moved to germany just 2 months ago its 4,45 AM here, isnt that GMT +1 ? Ah well one less or more, its late for both of us be sure to add in the description wich car is used for this event so i can test it tomorroy if its on share, or thats not the one for the event yet?

I really have to sleep before 6 am or my gf will wake up and see me here and im screwd

Ah it is? Well no clue lol, i used to live in Belgium moved to germany just 2 months ago its 4,45 AM here, isnt that GMT +1 ? Ah well one less or more, its late for both of us be sure to add in the description wich car is used for this event so i can test it tomorroy if its on share, or thats not the one for the event yet?

I really have to sleep before 6 am or my gf will wake up and see me here and im screwd

Go to bed in 1 hour and everything is ok. :)

raVer

Yeah, that's GMT +1. It's 3:49am here. :) Just added you on PSN. Its the silver Honda Insight, not that I have anything else on share aside from a 2J anyway. :lol:👍

Isn't being screwed a good thing? :sly:

Yeah, that's GMT +1. It's 3:49am here. :) Just added you on PSN. Its the silver Honda Insight, not that I have anything else on share aside from a 2J anyway. :lol:👍

Isn't being screwed a good thing? :sly:

I prefer to be the one that is screwing instead of being the one that is screwed, but yeah lol

ALright going to accept you and finally sleep

Lol 20 cars assuming u need at least 5 laps a car ( real minimum) to get a descent time i guess ..

lets say everage is 9 min

20x9= 180 mins

Good thing we dont have all of the cars at once :P
(Making excel sheets for this shootout, each tuner has its own excel sheet lol) Else i wont be able to keep everything in mind since we cant post the results directly :P

PS: Vti, if youre from the UK you should have the same timezone as I have, shouldnt u be sleeping? lol

Try 20x9x5= 900 minutes = a lot of hours!!

I prefer to be the one that is screwing instead of being the one that is screwed, but yeah lol

ALright going to accept you and finally sleep

It's nice to be on the bottom for a change though. :lol: Anyway steering the topic away from that, my Insight is now on share. Night all. :dopey:

Need to whack myself .. forgot to x5 for the laps lol

Can I blame it on the fact that its 5 am now and im tired? just blame it on that :P

Need to whack myself .. forgot to x5 for the laps lol

Can I blame it on the fact that its 5 am now and im tired? just blame it on that :P

And VIT, yeah its nice once in a while and im not the only one sharing that tought lol :P
Will test yours tomorrow i can PM you the results if you wish since its prohibited to post any kind of result in here , I find it fair for the tuners to get results from the test drivers? or it should be avoided? Ah well Goodnight man

Sorry for double posting, meant to edit, not to quote myself... /facepalm

Try 20x9x5= 900 minutes = a lot of hours!!
Maybe CSLACR should think about splitting this into 2 or 3 smaller groups for testing and then have just the top couple cars in each group retested for a final round...15 hours of just testing is a bit much maybe...:crazy:

Maybe CSLACR should think about splitting this into 2 or 3 smaller groups for testing and then have just the top couple cars in each group retested for a final round...15 hours of just testing is a bit much maybe...:crazy:

Do they sell Red Bull in the USA? If so , you should have no problems lol :crazy:

Do they sell Red Bull in the USA? If so , you should have no problems lol :crazy:
There's a reason I'm just tuning for this shootout and not testing...only have so much time available to spend on my ps3 so...:(

Anyways I'm off to bed myself for a few winks before hitting the road for the night.:yuck:

I would like to enter, but need a host. The host would get any and all prizes awarded. I'll pm the car and all of its parts/settings.

Back