400PP Nordschleife Shootout

• Thread starter CSLACR
  • 1,639 comments
Seems Dadog is Belgian like I am :D I used to live in Aalst 2 months ago, not far from gent ;)

Wich tuners ass can i start kicking to get a car ready? ( dont worry im not pushing you in being ready.. hehe)

Right that's me done. Sick of doing lap after lap of that thing. Cars tuned and ready. I'll post the full tune closer to the deadline. Its running 175Bhp/7000rpm and has 20kgfm of torque. Only weighs 975Kg also so its a nippy little thing.

Seems Dadog is Belgian like I am :D I used to live in Aalst 2 months ago, not far from gent ;)

Wich tuners ass can i start kicking to get a car ready? ( dont worry im not pushing you in being ready.. hehe)

Nope sorry i am Dutch :D

:cheers:Hup Holland Hup:cheers:

I just live in Belgium

My wife is from Aalst , well Denderleeuw actually ....

You'd get used to it very quickly. It's just finding the motivation for the retests that screw you over.

What have Krenkme been feeding you?! He's bribing you to make him look good, that's it! :lol: How come all the new guys go to Clueless, rather than to our madhouse? :lol:

Edit: Erm…LineR32, shoot me a FR on PSN, I'll try your MR2, I need to drive something as a benchmark.

Sent.

Do I post my tune in a new thread, or do I just put in this thread?

Right that's me done. Sick of doing lap after lap of that thing. Cars tuned and ready. I'll post the full tune closer to the deadline. Its running 175Bhp/7000rpm and has 20kgfm of torque. Only weighs 975Kg also so its a nippy little thing.

Seems the OP didnt Add your name to the tuners list yet thus why I didnt add you yet, will do that now!

So does that means your car is ready but you will just post the tune later, close to the deadline? If so Ill be testing it today :)

Seems the OP didnt Add your name to the tuners list yet thus why I didnt add you yet, will do that now!

So does that means your car is ready but you will just post the tune later, close to the deadline? If so Ill be testing it today :)

I'm just about to goto work so i'll accept your request n put my car on share tonight at about 10:30 gmt

My tune will definitely be an offline-only tune. I thought I had it dialed in perfectly until I hopped online (tire wear on). I ran about 1 second faster per sector than a Japanese guy in a AE86...but the tail kept stepping out on full throttle turns. I'd build up 5 seconds, crash, then build it up again.

I don't know if this means I need to make changes or if it just means you can't optimize the suspension for both physics models.

To those looking for a 400pp ride:

"Hommell Barlinette R/S '99"

Below 400PP in UCD without oil change. Add Sport Exhaust to get to 400PP.
Will give 172HP stock. Maybe that may help someone looking for a car. Not sure it's enough HP to survive, but it is a good handling car and fun to drive. 👍

But not sure at 400PP. :nervous:

I like the tuning/test shootouts, as I learn much from your coments. :sly:
Keep up the fun people!

:cheers:

To those looking for a 400pp ride:

"Hommell Barlinette R/S '99"

Below 400PP in UCD without oil change. Add Sport Exhaust to get to 400PP.
Will give 172HP stock. Maybe that may help someone looking for a car. Not sure it's enough HP to survive, but it is a good handling car and fun to drive. 👍

But not sure at 400PP. :nervous:

I like the tuning/test shootouts, as I learn much from your coments. :sly:
Keep up the fun people!

:cheers:

Come and take part as a test driver :)

Come and take part as a test driver :)

Thank you for the offer however, I would not do tuners any justice with my driving skills, and I am running on EST zone. Between those items and my unperdictable work schedule I would not be very dependable. :ouch:

I think the Hommell will top out a 176HP with the sport "catback" exhaust.
And when you sharpen the suspention clutch/flywheel and tranny you could be on to something.

It was just my 2 cents worth. You guys know far better than I. :bowdown:

But I'm learning. ;)

Thank you for the offer however, I would not do tuners any justice with my driving skills, and I am running on EST zone. Between those items and my unperdictable work schedule I would not be very dependable. :ouch:

I think the Hommell will top out a 176HP with the sport "catback" exhaust.
And when you sharpen the suspention clutch/flywheel and tranny you could be on to something.

It was just my 2 cents worth. You guys know far better than I. :bowdown:

But I'm learning. ;)

Well actually if only "good" drivers participate in these shootouts, its not that fun he, a car should also be noob friendly and work well in all hands, im prolly at the bottom when we are talking about dirving skills, got the game for not even a week or so, but i find it fun to test all these cars, I think my gf is getting mad at me for taking it a slightly bit to serious, making excel sheets and all that for every tuner O.o How the hell do you want to keep track of all the 20 cars you tested without some proper organisation in your own papers ? :P

For sure a spread sheet is needed with entries for:

[ TUNER / CAR / PARTS & Settings ]

** TRACK **

[ HP / PP ]

[ DRIVER / TIME ]

For sure a spread sheet is needed with entries for:

[ TUNER / CAR / PARTS & Settings ]

** TRACK **

[ HP / PP ]

[ DRIVER / TIME ]

Im not adding the partis,settings,hp or PP :P

Im not the tuner, nor an organisator, my sheets will only have the Tuner, car, Time on ever lap, best time, Max KMH ( i think it would be intresting to see that, so im keeping track of it aswell) and there is also a tab for personal comment.

Also one of the cars will be my "favorite car" and will have a green square the rest, a red one.

Well ive only tested one car but it seems i was to tired back then to figure out its just to drive like this, it is not his final car :P at least i got used to the track :D

Im not adding the partis,settings,hp or PP :P

Im not the tuner, nor an organisator, my sheets will only have the Tuner, car, Time on ever lap, best time, Max KMH ( i think it would be intresting to see that, so im keeping track of it aswell) and there is also a tab for personal comment.

Yes, less things to take up your time. Let you drive and make remarks.👍

I'm hitting 140mph on the straight but you have to get the final set of corners perfect or you will die :) fastest I've done the course so far is 8:49.452. A better driver could do better as I do back off sometimes

Thanks guys. My car gets stuck at 136mph going up the final straight before the top of the hill on a good run. On the downhill I'll get more speed, maybe 140, but I don't usually watch the speedo after the crest of the hill. My best time is an 8:32 right now but on a few runs I've been up 2-3 seconds before losing it to a mistake. A sub 8:30 lap time in my car is definitely possible in the right tester's hands.

Speaking of testers, it would be nice to know whether testers will be using a controller or wheel. I've been exclusively testing with my DFGT wheel, but I'm thinking I may need to put a few laps in with a controller to make sure brute force will still produce decent laps.

I think i will do something like this, the same i did for the Indy road 600PP shootout.Just for the driver choice , basing me on total points.
Each one : Low speed corner,medium speed corner,High speed corner,with a litle comment. The max speed on straight speak by itself.

400PP Nordschleife Shootout
Points attribution System

Max speed end of straight under the bridge: till 220kmh= 8pts // 220-225 kmh= 9 pts // 225 + kmh = 10 pts (need to check this speed )

Low speed corner:
entry 10 pts = agressive entry with little overster oriented inside the corner.

mid 10 pts = quick driving direction changes without loosing the rear

out 10 pts = little oversteer with full early power allowing round corner out.

medium speed corner:
entry 10 pts = agressive entry with little overster oriented inside the corner.

mid 10 pts = perfect control of driving line with throttle ,eagerness ,good grip staying in line.

out 10 pts = little oversteer with full early power allowing round corner out.

High speed corner:
entry 10 pts = Good and sharp direction to place the car , grip, precision and stability.

mid 10 pts = perfect control of driving line ,constant grip ,no floatty (snake).

out 10 pts = When full gas, no little oversteer that make loose speed, no understeer that don't allow full throttle, perfect balance.

Sample from the last CSLACR Indy shootout.

Tuner // car : acsr 421 - Ford GT No stripe ‘05

Test drive result // total points= 94 pts

Max speed : 300 km/h = 186,4 mph = 10 pts

Low speed corner:
Entry: 9 Middle: 9 Out: 9
Comments: good changes of direction, easy to drive where you want, normal little oversteer on accel.

Medium speed corner:
Entry: 10 Middle: 10 Out: 9
Comments: Steady, good grip,perfect entry under break, easy to be agressive with the help of throttle mid corner.

High speed corner:
Entry: 10 Middle: 9 Out: 9
Comments: Perfect line, very light direction.

Excelent car ,carry a lot of speed in any condition , very stable under brake, allow trail braking, gears well spreaded for this track. Very fast.

Onboy123
Ok…this is mainly just me being an attention seeker, but just sayin', my car is on share.

Don't you ever sleep? :dopey:

I'll test it when I get home. I need some sort of bench mark to shoot for.

Back